• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
vumpler said:
:lol

Good idea but what a pain in the ass when you could easily start with 10g and go from there.

The blog is actually a little behind. Inside scoop: I already have about 10g. Only took ~2 realtime days.

firex

you'll probably hit the per-character gold cap if I remember right. it's way low for a level 1 and increases by tons after you hit higher levels.

GDJustin

firex said:
you'll probably hit the per-character gold cap if I remember right. it's way low for a level 1 and increases by tons after you hit higher levels.

Huh... really? I've never heard of a gold cap that grows, based on your level. I've only ever heard of the player(s) that have hit the hard cap of 214.748g.

My bank-alt is level 2 and has had over 1K gold before... so if it becomes a problem I'll probably just level her to 2 or 5 or something, and give away the G she made leveling. Or better yet, just grind mobs for EXP without looting them or doing quests :lol

Edit: oooh there's a good idea. I'll level her to 10 by grinding mobs, so people can armory her, and see that she has 0 G looted, 0 G from quest rewards, etc. Although I guess that's still no assurance I didn't cheat, either by sending her money, or automating the AH.

firex

I think the cap is way low until level 10, then it's uncapped (aside from that upper limit that's hard-coded into the game). I could be wrong though. They also might have increased the gold cap for lower level characters with each expansion, because I'm thinking of like really old-school WoW before retail when they put that in.

anyway, my dps set is finally a lot better.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Casavir
I'm over the hit cap by a bit, but I expect to replace that chest when I get a chance. probably when I can get t7 shoulders, either via valor emblems or the token.

Tamanon

Banned
firex said:
I think the cap is way low until level 10, then it's uncapped (aside from that upper limit that's hard-coded into the game). I could be wrong though. They also might have increased the gold cap for lower level characters with each expansion, because I'm thinking of like really old-school WoW before retail when they put that in.

anyway, my dps set is finally a lot better.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Casavir
I'm over the hit cap by a bit, but I expect to replace that chest when I get a chance. probably when I can get t7 shoulders, either via valor emblems or the token.

Gold cap only applies to character transfers. A level 1 bank alt can have infinite money.

Puck

Banned
GDJustin said:
I thought I was fucked, when I saw that you started with THAT little. But so far it's going very well. I'm blogging it here:

http://wowaccumulation.blogspot.com/

That is very cool, bookmarked it. Hope you keep going, sounds like fun. I remember having an alt on a PVE server with aucitoneer + a clicker mod installed. I waited at a neutral AH and used auctioneer to refresh items going for less than a gold. Picked up quite a few epics and blues / patterns that i resold for a few hundred gold. People were trying to transfer things by themselves from horde to alliance or vice versa, was sweet as.

GDJustin

Puck said:
That is very cool, bookmarked it. Hope you keep going, sounds like fun. I remember having an alt on a PVE server with aucitoneer + a clicker mod installed. I waited at a neutral AH and used auctioneer to refresh items going for less than a gold. Picked up quite a few epics and blues / patterns that i resold for a few hundred gold. People were trying to transfer things by themselves from horde to alliance or vice versa, was sweet as.

I've always felt that this was a very stupid way to Xfer money between horde/alliance toons. Instead, players charge a ridiculous amount.

Let's say your main is alliance, and you want the horde pets. Roll a Horde alt, place the pets up for auction for 1000G. Alliance main buys them, lists a piece of vendor trash for 1000G. Horde alt buys it, and your money is now back where it started.

Seems to make a lot more sense than just crossing your fingers that no one sees your underpriced item.

I grok that the AH would take a cut, so 1000G might be excessive. But the plan still seems smarter.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, it's either 20 or 30%.

Man, the heirloom shoulders are awesome for leveling. That little 10% boost is great since a lot of times you start to run out of quests for certain levels. No more.

Cipherr

Oni Link 666 said:
We started doing Ulduar 25 last week. We only got Leviathan and Razorscale down but, we're going back tonight and I'm sure we can take down XT. Ignis I'm not so sure about.

Ignis is a joke fight, we tried the strats at the open but he was sort of bugged back then. But once the lag went away we tossed the strategies and put 2 tanks on constructs and one on Ignis and just dps burned the fuckbag all the way through to the death. All of the crap with making the golems molten and stuff is stupid and unneeded.

Now they did change something, so I cant speak on the burn as this past week rather than risk it we killed the first two constructs THEN burned him the rest of the way through to keep down the damage on the tank, but I still think its possible. I think the difficulty in his fight is all based on the assumption that you bother with his abilities. Put your tank in the pool and MD to him so his little fire pyramid dissipates as soon as he casts it, and just patchwerk him.

firex

Tamanon said:
Yeah, it's either 20 or 30%.

Man, the heirloom shoulders are awesome for leveling. That little 10% boost is great since a lot of times you start to run out of quests for certain levels. No more.
I have a tendency to let alts get a full level or even the full ride of rest, so heirloom shoulders + alt = sick leveling for me.

My guild gowned Freya tonight in 25-man Ulduar for the first time. Hoping to learn Thorim and maybe Hodir next week. How hard is Hodir? My guild's normal Saturday night 10-man group went and said they got owned. I usually go (I'm the GM), but I didn't this week. So how's Hodir? I know Mimiron is going to be a bitch and take a ton of learning...But what about Hodir?

ToyMachine228 said:
My guild gowned Freya tonight in 25-man Ulduar for the first time. Hoping to learn Thorim and maybe Hodir next week. How hard is Hodir? My guild's normal Saturday night 10-man group went and said they got owned. I usually go (I'm the GM), but I didn't this week. So how's Hodir? I know Mimiron is going to be a bitch and take a ton of learning...But what about Hodir?

As long as you have a frost resist set for the tank Hodir is easy. Thorim isn't exactly hard but a lot can go wrong.

G-Bus

Banned
Finally done all of naxx as of last night. First time really getting into end game content and I'm really enjoying it. fuck the safety dance, my god. i made it but holy fuck is all that comes to mind.

got some tier pieces out of the run so that was the icing on the cake.

regret rolling alliance. sigh. maybe its just the server i'm on but they can't pvp worth a damn. especially in WG.

Kyoufu

ToyMachine228 said:

Hodir is free epics if your raid knows how to avoid Flash Freeze.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
G-Bus said:
Finally done all of naxx as of last night. First time really getting into end game content and I'm really enjoying it. fuck the safety dance, my god. i made it but holy fuck is all that comes to mind.

got some tier pieces out of the run so that was the icing on the cake.

regret rolling alliance. sigh. maybe its just the server i'm on but they can't pvp worth a damn. especially in WG.

Well of course, your server itself isn't always the problem in BGs since those are governed by the entire Battlegroup, not the local PvE server.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I almost got my priest to 50. I enjoy healing, but I don't enjoy anything in the old world, period.

Hopefully learning healing as a trial-by-fire in Outland or Northrend won't be a TOTAL disaster :lol

Chris R

Angry Grimace said:
I almost got my priest to 50. I enjoy healing, but I don't enjoy anything in the old world, period.

Hopefully learning healing as a trial-by-fire in Outland or Northrend won't be a TOTAL disaster :lol
Spec disc. Easy leveling, and not bad healing (though you might have mana issues like I'm seeming to have :( )

Picked up 2 T8 10 man pieces tonight :D

But lol @ almost wiping to Thorim........realized that I was still in FR gear when he was at 40%.......then a healer went down, then a tank, then dps.......at the end of the fight it was just me and a pally tank who barely survived :lol

Angry Grimace

rhfb said:
Spec disc. Easy leveling, and not bad healing (though you might have mana issues like I'm seeming to have :( )
I'm probably doing to dual-spec Shadow and Holy :lol

I will probably change that to Holy/Disc at 80. I have little interest in DPSing as Priest, given that I probably can do a lot more on my Death Knight.

Mana issues? I thought Disc had a bigger mana pool than Holy did?

Dina

rhfb said:

Surely shadow is better for lvling? And if it isn't your alt, dualspec him holy for instance healing.

Dina

cubicle47b said:
As long as you have a frost resist set for the tank Hodir is easy. Thorim isn't exactly hard but a lot can go wrong.

Thorim is very hard imo. We did Hodir two weeks ago, but haven't been able to get through p1 Thorim. Hallway is easy enough, but the arena fucks us over royally.

Don't think I wanna do Thorim tonight, hope we can do Freya since she seems to be easier.

Angry Grimace said:
I'm probably doing to dual-spec Shadow and Holy :lol

I will probably change that to Holy/Disc at 80. I have little interest in DPSing as Priest, given that I probably can do a lot more on my Death Knight.

Mana issues? I thought Disc had a bigger mana pool than Holy did?

No need for dual spec until level 80 unless you have the extra gold laying around, when I leveled my priest I had no problem healing instances as shadow.

TomServo

Finally got my first piece of Ulduar loot last night - t8.5 gloves from Mimiron. 22 conquest badges, 15 boss kills, and finally one piece of loot. Sucks that I had to give up my Maly legs to keep my 4pt7 bonus.

Vezax is a fun fight. We had him last night and someone fell asleep at the wheel on the healing debuff and healed him from like 15% to 30%. He'll go down tonight.

Macattk15

4 hours of Yogg 25 attempts tonight. I cannot wait for the joyous repair bills I shall have.

We have a 10 man group (with a few interchangeables) that one shots Yogg 10 man weekly. But with 10 or so others added into the mix ... it becomes an add popping, stand in cloud, wipe the raid extravaganza.

:(

cubicle47b said:

We're currently debating whether to have other people besides the tank use Frost Resist. I know the guys over at Tankspot do or did and they said it makes it much easier. What do you guys think?

Flib

Dina said:
Thorim is very hard imo. We did Hodir two weeks ago, but haven't been able to get through p1 Thorim. Hallway is easy enough, but the arena fucks us over royally.

Don't think I wanna do Thorim tonight, hope we can do Freya since she seems to be easier.

Freya is really easy as long as people know how to handle each add wave. If you make it into phase 2 you basically automatically win.

Macattk15

ToyMachine228 said:
We're currently debating whether to have other people besides the tank use Frost Resist. I know the guys over at Tankspot do or did and they said it makes it much easier. What do you guys think?

There is really no raid damage in that fight unless you stink at dodging the falling ice cubes which have a warning before they fall.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Macattk15 said:
There is really no raid damage in that fight unless you stink at dodging the falling ice cubes which have a warning before they fall.
Frozen Blows does damage to everyone.

It was really really hard to heal through until a week or two ago when it was nerfed.

Macattk15

dave is ok said:
Frozen Blows does damage to everyone.

It was really really hard to heal through until a week or two ago when it was nerfed.

Well I guess I don't pay attention to my incoming damage on that fight because I never hear my low health warning going off.

Frozen Blows is a little pulsing AoE aura type damage right?

It's easy enough to heal through now. Long as the tank survives the much greater frost damage during this time.

Scum

I never bothered to spend my Emblems of Heroism, ended up hording them instead! It was only yesterday I realised I had abot 75 of them! :lol
So, yesterday was a really fun night for me, spending my earned currency. I got a Titansteel Spellblade, Ward of the Violet Citadel, Rod of the Fallen Monarch, Sundial of the Exiled, Titan-forged Rune of Audacity, Woven Bracae Leggings, Mantle of Deceit, plus the Bronze Drake. :lol :lol

BTW, I've accumilated 75,000 Honour Points. What the bloody hell should I spend it on? I don't really do PvP that much, except for Wintergrasp every now and then.

vumpler said:
Ta very much! :)

J-Rzez

ToyMachine228 said:

I MT in 10man (not sure if there's a difference in 25man) with zero frost resist gear, and nobody else uses it as well. Just make sure to watch for the toasty fires, and make sure everyone gets on the snow piles soon as they fall. It's so important, when the rune are on the ground, you may have to tell people to stop what they're doing and get ready to jump aboard if they're not quick.

Frozen Blows ticks for 4k every second on 25, every 2 on 10man I believe.

Hmm, not too significant to deal with in 25man it sounds.

Macattk15

Scum said:
I never bothered to spend my Emblems of Heroism, ended up hording them instead! It was only yesterday I realised I had abot 75 of them! :lol
So, yesterday was a really fun night for me, spending my earned currency. I got a Titansteel Spellblade, Ward of the Violet Citadel, Rod of the Fallen Monarch, Sundial of the Exiled, Titan-forged Rune of Audacity, Woven Bracae Leggings, Mantle of Deceit, plus the Bronze Drake. :lol :lol

BTW, I've accumilated 75,000 Honour Points. What the bloody hell should I spend it on? I don't really do PvP that much, except for Wintergrasp every now and then.

Ta very much! :)

Same thing happened to me. Thanks to Naxx and 10 man Ulduar now giving Valor badges. I looked and I had 122 Valor badges.

Sold 2 sets of bracers @ 1.5k each. Easy money!

Then I turned all my Heroism badges into Frozen Orbs and made Icy Prisms and sold Gems.

Made a good deal of cash.

Angry Grimace

Macattk15 said:
Same thing happened to me. Thanks to Naxx and 10 man Ulduar now giving Valor badges. I looked and I had 122 Valor badges.

Sold 2 sets of bracers @ 1.5k each. Easy money!

Then I turned all my Heroism badges into Frozen Orbs and made Icy Prisms and sold Gems.

Made a good deal of cash.
Oddly enough; a better way to cash in your Heroism emblems, at least on my server, is Scarlet Rubies. Frozen Orbs are down to almost nothing at this point.

Those Runed Orbs are still bumping around the 1.5K mark o_O

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
No need for dual spec until level 80 unless you have the extra gold laying around, when I leveled my priest I had no problem healing instances as shadow.
I'm going to do it because I will end up buying it anyways and with 3 other level 80 toons at my disposal, I just hoard money from Sons of Hodir dailies anyways.

Money isn't hard to come by, it only seems that way if you spend it all the time.

Scum

Angry Grimace said:
Oddly enough; a better way to cash in your Heroism emblems, at least on my server, is Scarlet Rubies. Frozen Orbs are down to almost nothing at this point.

Those Runed Orbs are still bumping around the 1.5K mark o_O
How much do Scarlet Rubies go for, BTW?

Angry Grimace

Scum said:
How much do Scarlet Rubies go for, BTW?
About the same as the frozen orbs, about 75g, on my server.

Unless you cut them into Bold Scarlets, in which case they are 90g.

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:

Well I turn the Orbs into Icy Prisms which is hit or miss ... sometimes I get 3 scarlet rubies & a dragon's eye jackpot from them .... other times i get some sky sapphires and forest emeralds.

It's been working out enough for me to keep doing it for the time being.

Macattk15

J-Rzez said:
I MT in 10man (not sure if there's a difference in 25man) with zero frost resist gear, and nobody else uses it as well. Just make sure to watch for the toasty fires, and make sure everyone gets on the snow piles soon as they fall. It's so important, when the rune are on the ground, you may have to tell people to stop what they're doing and get ready to jump aboard if they're not quick.

You WILL need FrR gear in 25 man Hodir. Otherwise the crap hits for like 40k.

GDJustin

Scum said:

If you aren't hit-capped, there's a trink that has 95 hit on it, available for 49,600 honor points. That's what I spent my stockpile on. Allowed me to gem for other stats.

It's also an ace trinket because in a 25man raid you can swap it out out your other raiding trink. But in a 10man where you probably don't have the hit debuffs on the boss, it provides almost exactly another ~3%, to make up for what was lost.

Scum

Angry Grimace said:

Really? I've recently flogged off 5 of them for 90g each! :lol

Tamanon

Banned
The Scarlet Ruby market is weird. It fluctuates the most of any gem it seems. Some days you can only get 60-70g for them, some days you can start cracking 100g. I honestly think I've lost more in auction fees from misjudging them so now I just cut 'em to be Bold and get 90g every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom