• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had an offhand sword I'd try out the combat-sword spec with my rogue since they buffed the main-hand Malice sword

Shadowpanther has it higher than Calamity's Grasp now

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Someone wanna send me a scroll of resurrection to get a free month? PM me within the next...... 10 minutes!

AceBandage said:
Vezax is an easy fight, once you get the mechanics of the two pools down.
And it helps if you have a druid tank that can eat that powered up hit (ours can survive with a few thousand health).

Wait, Vezax's buff only lasts for one attack? :lol The fight is already so pathetic, that makes it so stupid.

firex said:
oh my god, that last one is hilarious. I always like the fucked up respawning/releasing bugs that port you someplace completely different for no reason, because they've yet to happen to me.

I died in Steam Vaults and ended up in Ungoro.
I'm still not sure how it happened, but it was hilarious.

Alex

Arms Warriors not powerful? Are you kidding? They're very well off

They're in the most well represented 2v2 at the moment and a favored pick in Cleave teams which is the most popular 3v3 comp, only being challenged by RMP (Rogue/Mage/Priest), a classical comp that requires so much finesse with CC chains to do well that it's sickening.

As opposed to Cleave, which is basically just works as "hurr hurr DK Strangulate + AMS and Warrior MS + Bladestorm complete lock down while being fully immune to CC hurr hurr"

If you mean you get beat up 1 v 1 in some weird pug BG, yes, but Warriors are an amazing team player in a premade and an amazing arena class again. Their numbers will keep rising until the wind is let out of Juggernauts sails a little more like they hinted about doing today.

Although, I'd still like to see them take the sheers to Resto Druid before Warrior since the anti-Cleave changes are going to come from caster-side changes and Arms/Resto is 75% the Druid being nearly invincible and impossible to OOM again. After today's Innervate change, you can't even mana burn them anymore. The guillotine is gonna fall on them pretty hard, I think. It's worse than S3 at the moment, at least in S3 they had to expose themselves a little and actually bother to drink.

Tamanon

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Wow, the green proto drake dropped from the oracle eggs on my mage a few weeks ago...tonight it just dropped on my warlock :D :D :D

If there was an achievement for Most Tickbird Hatchlings on the server, I would win in a landslide.

firex

Alex said:

They're in the most well represented 2v2 at the moment and a favored pick in Cleave teams which is the most popular 3v3 comp, only being challenged by RMP (Rogue/Mage/Priest), a classical comp that requires so much finesse with CC chains to do well that it's sickening.

As opposed to Cleave, which is basically just works as "hurr hurr DK Strangulate + AMS and Warrior MS + Bladestorm complete lock down while being fully immune to CC hurr hurr"

If you mean you get beat up 1 v 1 in some weird pug BG, yes, but Warriors are an amazing team player in a premade and an amazing arena class again. Their numbers will keep rising until the wind is let out of Juggernauts sails a little more like they hinted about doing today.

Although, I'd still like to see them take the sheers to Resto Druid before Warrior since the anti-Cleave changes are going to come from caster-side changes and Arms/Resto is 75% the Druid being nearly invincible and impossible to OOM again. After today's Innervate change, you can't even mana burn them anymore. The guillotine is gonna fall on them pretty hard, I think. It's worse than S3 at the moment, at least in S3 they had to expose themselves a little and actually bother to drink.
yeah, I'm just leveling my warrior alt as Arms, but any world pvp I get into is ridiculously stacked in my favor as long as they aren't a skull level to me. Even level allies? I can kill a couple of them and I don't even have all the arms talents yet. Arms is a really good pvp build again, and I even like its pve utility, even if it doesn't quite do fury's dps.

Alex said:

Blizzard made a post at 7:30pm tonight saying that Arms is to OP in PVP and will be getting nerfed even more =\

firex

DeathNote said:
What professions should I pick on my warrior reroll?
I went herb/inscription, so I don't have to grind sons of hodir. It's bad enough doing that twice for my paladin and shaman.

Kyoufu

DeathNote said:
Well, if I reroll on a new server how will I get mats?

Nothing will make you as much money as two gathering professions. Mining + Herbing is pure profit.

JCing will cost thousands of gold to get up, don't bother to do it for money making.

What you should do is start with gathering, make a shit-ton of gold and then when you're sitting comfortably you should pick two main profs for beneficial stat gain.

But really, I made 15k in only a few days by just grinding mobs, you don't need professions to become filthy rich.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Nothing will make you as much money as two gathering professions. Mining + Herbing is pure profit.

JCing will cost thousands of gold to get up, don't bother to do it for money making.

What you should do is start with gathering, make a shit-ton of gold and then when you're sitting comfortably you should pick two main profs for beneficial stat gain.

But really, I made 15k in only a few days by just grinding mobs, you don't need professions to become filthy rich.
Wut, 15k? I haven't played in months, but I never dreamed of making that much just grinding mobs. What class are you? And what mobs?

A few years ago when I did herb, I got a bunch of shit non one wanted level 1-30. Is mining/herb better than mining/skinning?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think Kyoufu means 15K as in grinding mobs whilst gathering stuff to sell.

I don't recommend Skinning as a major money making profession. Herbalism and Mining are the two best gathering professions you can get due to higher demand.

Lain

I hate updating WoW. It always requires more space than it "really" needs. For this update, 2.5GB of space aren't enough for the updater to update, so annoying.

Edit: After 3.1, the tracking icons on the minimap became way too small. Now after 3.1.2, they are way too big... wth?! Time to change my minimap mod I guess.

Lain said:
I hate updating WoW. It always requires more space than it "really" needs. For this update, 2.5GB of space aren't enough for the updater to update, so annoying.

Edit: After 3.1, the tracking icons on the minimap became way too small. Now after 3.1.2, they are way too big... wth?! Time to change my minimap mod I guess.
I loved the old (3.1 -> 3.1.2) tracking icons, they were the perfect size for mine. These ones are just too big and annoying, which is a shame.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DarkAngelYuna said:
Blizzard made a post at 7:30pm tonight saying that Arms is to OP in PVP and will be getting nerfed even more =\
PvP blows dead bears.

Angry Grimace said:
PvP blows dead bears.

Honestly, I wish Blizzard would focus a lot less on PVP and more on raid content.
The game was not built on PVP and trying to shoehorn it in like they are is killing raiding.

zam

Kyoufu said:
I disagree. Sure you can get a lot of money from gathering, but for effort vs profit, nothing beats a crafting profession. Buy the mats from AH, craft, sell it. Bunch of profit. Effort spent? Running back and forth from AH and mailbox.

usea

AceBandage said:
Honestly, I wish Blizzard would focus a lot less on PVP and more on raid content.
The game was not built on PVP and trying to shoehorn it in like they are is killing raiding.
Yeah, raiding is pretty much dead at this point. Worst state it's ever been in.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AceBandage said:
Just make different rules for BGs and Arena. I don't understand why one size has to fit all.

I mean, is World PvP really that important?

The secret to making money is to not get impatient and flood the AH with anything. Never list more than one epic or one blue at a time. If you have a shitload of cheaper mats, don't put 20 stacks unless it's something that will be needed en masse; i.e. Silk Cloth.

usea

Angry Grimace said:
Just make different rules for BGs and Arena. I don't understand why one size has to fit all.

I mean, is World PvP really that important?
Because lots of people play both, and learning different rules and mechanics for the two would be worse. Ever played Jedi Knight/Academy? There were two executables, one for MP and one for SP. All the moves and abilities and attacks and even just moving around was totally different between the two. You could for example do a butterfly attack in SP and control your movement during it, but in MP it was a fixed animation. It was really annoying if you tried to play both since they worked totally differently.

Angry Grimace

usea said:
Because lots of people play both, and learning different rules and mechanics for the two would be worse. Ever played Jedi Knight/Academy? There were two executables, one for MP and one for SP. All the moves and abilities and attacks and even just moving around was totally different between the two. You could for example do a butterfly attack in SP and control your movement during it, but in MP it was a fixed animation. It was really annoying if you tried to play both since they worked totally differently.
People can dual spec, but they can't figure out if Mortal Strike does a different amount of damage in a BG than it does to a game-controlled monster?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In terms of time invested vs return, nothing beats Jewelcrafting/Enchanting.

JC is no longer a money hog to level, it takes less than 1000g to level it up to the point where you can prospect for profit all day (although it depends on your economy). Enchanting is much the same but the investment is much harsher until you get to Northrend, at which point you can just disenchant all those quest rewards for a healthy supply of materials.

The profitability of JC/Enchanting vs JC/Mining or Herbalism/Mining really depends on your server's economy. As a general rule, gathering professions are a more consistent source of income, but if you put the effort into learning and developing JC/Enchanting, the rewards are far greater.

For example, for my epic flier I spent about 10 minutes each day searching for stacks of Saronite Ore on the auction house. I set my limit at 35g per stack. I prospected everything, and sold the blue gems, while saving the green gems (this was before the green -> blue recipe) for my own armor and those of guildies. I got my flier in about 2 weeks, all while leveling and running instances and working up a worthwhile profession.

This may no longer be effective since gem prices have probably stabilized since launch, so be sure to do your research before you sink the necessary resources into JC. If you're lazy, just go Herbalism/Mining, especially if you're a Druid. Also, make sure you get Gatherer addon.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wow I'm glad I'm rerolling just to have fun leveling. I just got back from a hiatus. Grinding things for my undergrared 70s-80s will suck if things between pvp and pve are crackheady.

I wonder how fun it'd be to get 40 ppl to stop at 60.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
zam said:
I disagree. Sure you can get a lot of money from gathering, but for effort vs profit, nothing beats a crafting profession. Buy the mats from AH, craft, sell it. Bunch of profit. Effort spent? Running back and forth from AH and mailbox.
He's saying that in consideration of the fact that I'm rerolling with 0g and zero higher level support.

Haly

DeathNote said:
He's saying that in consideration of the fact that I'm rerolling with 0g and zero higher level support.
What you should do is this, take Herbalism/Mining from 1-60 and gather everything you can. Once you hit 60, drop one of them for a crafting profession you'd like, and keep the other as a money maker. Selling low level mats brings in more profit than you'd expect because:

1) Demand for low level items are high because people are lazy, have lots of money to blow and prefer to powerlevel their professions.

2) Supply for lower items are low because not many people are rerolling now and those that do usually powerlevel their professions ANYWAY. Therefore you have less competition for materials.

One thing, if you want Enchanting as one of your end game professions, work on it from level 1. Hunting for low-level enchanting mats is one of the most mind numbing activities in the entire game.

Angry Grimace

Halycon said:
What you should do is this, take Herbalism/Mining from 1-60 and gather everything you can. Once you hit 60, drop one of them for a crafting profession you'd like, and keep the other as a money maker. Selling low level mats brings in more profit than you'd expect because:

1) Demand for low level items are high because people are lazy, have lots of money to blow and prefer to powerlevel their professions.

2) Supply for lower items are low because not many people are rerolling now and those that do usually powerlevel their professions ANYWAY. Therefore you have less competition for materials.

One thing, if you want Enchanting as one of your end game professions, work on it from level 1. Hunting for low-level enchanting mats is one of the most mind numbing activities in the entire game.
I'm still stuck on Strange Dust at level 49 :lol

Chris R

Man I'm pissed off. Joined a fail VoA25 group that was only able to kill trash, but for some reason I'm locked to that instance.

If VoA is cleared, the trash is down right? Went back in thinking I would be able to do it with a good group and was in my own instance, but the trash was up. Might just have to make my own group and go do it.

Angry Grimace

rhfb said:
Man I'm pissed off. Joined a fail VoA25 group that was only able to kill trash, but for some reason I'm locked to that instance.

If VoA is cleared, the trash is down right? Went back in thinking I would be able to do it with a good group and was in my own instance, but the trash was up. Might just have to make my own group and go do it.
Sometimes you get saved if the group leader logs out and you're inside, etc. because it's "his" instance.

Also, he may or may not have already cleared Emalon or Archavon and then asked you to show up.

Blizzard should separate Emalon and Archavon because Archovon's sole purpose is to help gear up people who are behind and need to catch up to those that are in the next tier of content.

Flib

rhfb said:

I literally don't understand what the problem here is. First of all, with the changes with this week's patch, you can only be saved to an instance if you are present for a boss kill. Besides that, even if you are saved to that raid id, the trash would have respawned if you didn't get any bosses down, so it seems like everything is working as intended.

Haly

Angry Grimace said:
I'm still stuck on Strange Dust at level 49 :lol
Back in BC I got bored and decided to level Enchanting on my druid.

I reached level 320 and said "fuck this shit" and dropped it.

1500g down the drain.

Never again.

Angry Grimace

Halycon said:
Back in BC I got bored and decided to level Enchanting on my druid.

I reached level 320 and said "fuck this shit" and dropped it.

1500g down the drain.

Never again.
I abused the shit out of the Reinforced Cobalt trick Xabora told me about before they patched it out and got my GF's enchanting to 450 in one day.

Narag

Angry Grimace said:
I abused the shit out of the Reinforced Cobalt trick Xabora told me about before they patched it out and got my GF's enchanting to 450 in one day.

I think I spent 3k to max mine in two days. Kind of paid for itself in the end as I'd have just vendored epics.

Chris R

Flib said:
I literally don't understand what the problem here is. First of all, with the changes with this week's patch, you can only be saved to an instance if you are present for a boss kill. Besides that, even if you are saved to that raid id, the trash would have respawned if you didn't get any bosses down, so it seems like everything is working as intended.
It isn't though. I'm saved to an instance with BOTH bosses up. I just don't feel like putting together a group to go and kill things, that's just not who I am. I just want them to clear the ID so I can go and join a group that gets a kill in.

And you don't need that good of a group for VOA anymore, not like before the Emalon nerf.

edit: for clearness, I joined the group, zoned in, got saved, we killed trash (after wiping TWICE) and start to fail on Emalon. Pally tank (why is it the worst tanks are usually pally tanks?) can't keep aggro and the top 3 dps die, so I leave the group, rez outside, and hearth back to dal. BOTH bosses were up, so I shouldn't have been saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom