• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Why all the hate for the JC nerf? As a jewelcrafter, it was clearly the best profession (i.e. in need of being balanced) and it's not like they hit it too hard- we just lost the prismatic quality.

firex

It's a massive nerf coming just as it gets gems that would put everyone else on the same level. They neutered the only good jewelcrafter-only thing the profession has. Now there's no point to have it, but they won't neuter the BS-only stuff, because that is always their favorite profession.

Tamanon

Banned
Strangest glitch ever. Use my hearthstone to go back to Dalaran and instead it puts me about 10000 feet in the air over Grizzly Hills. Splat.:lol

Tamanon said:
Strangest glitch ever. Use my hearthstone to go back to Dalaran and instead it puts me about 10000 feet in the air over Grizzly Hills. Splat.:lol

Must of hit a spacial distortion caused by a mage in the Outlands.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Bisnic said:
I can't really solo SV as a mage, so i had to get the Argent hippogryph, but yeah they are nice flying mounts. :D You dont see them as much as dragons lol.
Why can't you solo it as a mage?

At 80, in decent gear, you should be able to solo almost all the BC 5 man content....except Tempest Keep stuff and Mags Terrace. Some is hard, but doable with practice. Especially in full/deep frost spec.

I know I have done all of Coilfang, Hellfire, and most of teh Auchindoun stuff...been a while since I tried.

Frost spec = solo simplicity.

traveler

Not Wario
firex said:
It's a massive nerf coming just as it gets gems that would put everyone else on the same level. They neutered the only good jewelcrafter-only thing the profession has. Now there's no point to have it, but they won't neuter the BS-only stuff, because that is always their favorite profession.

Err... you can only have one Stormjewel equipped so, assuming you have at least 4 slots, we still have 3 slots where we will clearly have an advantage.

Xabora

CassSept said:
I know about this achievment, but this screenshot, well. Grinding steamwheedle reputations is nothing, the fun begins after these.
Oh I know, already planning my next steps for action. :lol

Quake1028

2irstqc.jpg

I'm pretty proud of this one. Regular CoS run.

1 is a Heroic geared 80 Pally that was helping his guildies.
2 is me, a 79 Fire Mage.
3 is a 79 Arcane Mage who is much better geared than me.
4 is an 80 DK DPS.

Was a good run.

zam

How to have fun in Ironforge if you are bored.

Requirements:
1 Passenger Mammoth or Chopper.
1 Warlock
A couple other friends who are bored

Step 1: Get the lock to make a summon portal near the great forge.
Step 2: Invite random ppl offering them free rides or tours of IF
Step 3: Drive them to the great forge and jump in.
Step 4: Get summoned out by your friends
Step 5: Watch and laugh as the other person dies a slow but hilarious death.

Also can be done on your own if you are a paladin, just bubble hs instead of being summoned, but can only be done once every 30 mins.

So with the rise of druid\warrior in 2s in the past month I've started doing good ol druid\hunter. It's such a nice counter, most warriors and druids are so bad they might as well just be target dummies.

Scum

zam said:
How to have fun in Ironforge if you are bored.

Requirements:
1 Passenger Mammoth or Chopper.
1 Warlock
A couple other friends who are bored

Step 1: Get the lock to make a summon portal near the great forge.
Step 2: Invite random ppl offering them free rides or tours of IF
Step 3: Drive them to the great forge and jump in.
Step 4: Get summoned out by your friends
Step 5: Watch and laugh as the other person dies a slow but hilarious death.

Also can be done on your own if you are a paladin, just bubble hs instead of being summoned, but can only be done once every 30 mins.
:lol :lol

Xabora

CassSept said:
I know about this achievment, but this screenshot, well. Grinding steamwheedle reputations is nothing, the fun begins after these.
Xabora said:
Oh I know, already planning my next steps for action. :lol
To add what I said earlier:

Yeah yeah, ugh the cost of the cards is bad enough. >_<
Got a buddy helping me with the 1.5k lockboxes too.

BUT I WILL DO IT! >:})

Xabora said:
To add what I said earlier:

Yeah yeah, ugh the cost of the cards is bad enough. >_<
Got a buddy helping me with the 1.5k lockboxes too.

BUT I WILL DO IT! >:})
That achievement is lame. It should be get exalted with the Syndicate, not Ravenholdt. Killing Ravenholdt fucks was a pasttime of mine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gloomfire said:
2irstqc.jpg

2 is me, a 79 Fire Mage.
4 is an 80 DK DPS.

Was a good run.
No. 4 sucks. :lol

knicks

Interested in selling my warrior who has a complete dominate dps set. He has his transfer up. Nearly 500 achievements complete. I have over 50 mounts. Almost exalted with all major cities. I am capped on honor (75,000). Have 403 BS, 450 Mining, and 400 Cooking. Also has the rare tabard of frost.

Dual spec is boughten already, and of course I have an epic flyer with an Albino Drake. Have nearly 100 Badges of Honor and around 20 Valors.
Comes with a 70 priest alt on the same server and a 60 warrior on a different server. (Pre-BC player that I used) =)

All bank slots purchased and filled.

DPS Set:
Full Five Piece T7.5 DPS Set.
Fool's Trial Neck
Hammerhead Sharkskin Cloak
Bracers of Unrelenting Attack
Girdle of Razuvious
Sabatons of Sudden Reprisal
Ring of Invincibility
Ruthlessness
Bandit's Insignia
Mirror of Truth

Weapons:
Betrayer of Humanity (KT Weapon)
Armagadeon (Amazing second weapon if you want to go fury)
Spinning fate (Throwing Weapon)

Tank Set:

T7.5 Prot Chest
T7 Legs
Naxx Epic Bracers, Helmet, Shoulders, Neck, Gloves, Cloak
Last Laugh and Wall of Terror (Best Tanking Weapon and Shield in Game KT Drops)

PVP Set:

Deadly Chest
Hateful Helmet and Legs
Deadly Belt, Deadly Neck
Hateful Ring

Owner of a 5's team.

Looking for $250.

I am the original owner of this account and you will acquire all information.

For more information pm me or contact me on aim: knicks2892

I am sorry if this isnt suppose to be here. I put this in the buy/sell/trade thread but thought it would fit better here since this is filled with actual players who know what I am talking about. :lol

If it is disturbing anyone inform me and I will no longer post it. Sorry for any troubles, I am just trying to give my account to someone who will have a better use for it.

Blackface

Banned
firex said:

JC is still the second best profession for mages. Offering more extra spell damage then anything except BS with two epic gems.

Not to mention I make about 1k gold a day with JC.

firex

Trax416 said:
JC is still the second best profession for mages. Offering more extra spell damage then anything except BS with two epic gems.

Not to mention I make about 1k gold a day with JC.
Yeah, but every other profession (except engineering, due to fucking awful goggle itemization) has awesome bind on pickup stuff to encourage people to level the profession instead of just bumming items off someone else. Even if dragon's eyes are a few points higher than 3.2's epic gems, it's a bad nerf because it seriously removes any reason to level JC on your own. Especially when the real issue is BS's "socket your own gear" perk.

They could overhaul sockets so you don't have to use dragon's eyes to get ideal stats for your class, but then that would mean blizzard admitting they suck at putting sockets on gear.

itxaka

Defeatist
isn't selling accounts forbidden by blizzard? Just asking, not pointing.

BTW, if I got a us account, will I be able to play from europe? when choosing a server, only EU servers appear on my list, or is it based on the account region?

2 is me, a 79 Fire Mage.
4 is an 80 DK DPS.

Was a good run.

This, I don't get it.

I mean, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Why there are people always looking at the final dps? what does it matter if the boss or the misson was completed with no problems?

Not pointing at you, just your post remembered me of the people that do that.

itxaka said:
I mean, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Why there are people always looking at the final dps? what does it matter if the boss or the misson was completed with no problems?

It doesn't matter for heroics. But for raids, there are bosses where you need to put out atleast a certain number of DPS or else you won't down him.

Quake1028

itxaka said:

BTW, if I got a us account, will I be able to play from europe? when choosing a server, only EU servers appear on my list, or is it based on the account region?

This, I don't get it.

I'm not a person obsessed over DPS. Hell, I don't even have the add-on you need to see that stuff. Still, it's nice to see numbers like that at the end of a run. But you are right, it should mainly be about the fun.

firex

itxaka said:

This, I don't get it.

Always good to know you can do top damage, in case you're worried you don't know how to play a dps class, since soloing and grouping is different for most of them. I'm never concerned with being #1, as long as I can crack top 5 in a 10man or top 10 in a 25man, considering how undergeared I am compared to a lot of other dps. The bigger issue is can you kill shit, not be a drain on healers, and not die.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
well, someone stole my account. I havent played the game in about 4 weeks so I have no idea how this happened (or why they would want to, my character is level 28).

They linked it to someone else's battle.net app. I fired off an email *hours* ago and haven't heard back yet. I'm pretty pissed off.

Cipherr

itxaka said:
This, I don't get it.

Healers like to know they can keep their groups alive during an instance run, its what they are building their characters to do as the level and gear up.

They know they have done well, if the instance is cleared and everyone has lived.

Tanks like to know they can hold aggro, absorb the damage and not die due to bad mitigation stats.

The know they have done well if the instance is cleared and they held threat through all of the trash etc.

DPS likes to know they can deal respectable damage while not pulling threat nor soaking up the healers mana for heals.

They know they have done well if the numbers say they did.

Same idea man, our side just lends itself better to being able to see the numbers.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
StormyTheRabbit said:
It doesn't matter for heroics. But for raids, there are bosses where you need to put out atleast a certain number of DPS or else you won't down him.

Or else you're just getting carried and are making it harder for the other people in the raid.

It is about having fun, but at a certain point you need to at least know how to play.

Any healers have any suggestions for what to do during Deconstructor in Ulduar? His temper tantrum spell just absolutely drained my mana, I was OOM with him only at about 50% and we wiped =/

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
funkmastergeneral said:
Any healers have any suggestions for what to do during Deconstructor in Ulduar? His temper tantrum spell just absolutely drained my mana, I was OOM with him only at about 50% and we wiped =/

We had everyone stack into two groups and just mash on AOE heals during that time.

Kyoufu

funkmastergeneral said:

I don't know what class you are, but since they nerfed Temper Tantrum it has been incredibly easy to keep people healed. Just spam AoE heals. Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing etc does the job.

Kyoufu said:
I don't know what class you are, but since they nerfed Temper Tantrum it has been incredibly easy to keep people healed. Just spam AoE heals. Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing etc does the job.

LAUGHTREY said:
We had everyone stack into two groups and just mash on AOE heals during that time.

I'm a Priest and this is what I did, and while I didn't really have issues with keeping people up it was just an absolute mana drain to be spamming my circle of healing and prayer of healing. Maybe I could use another healer helping me.

Kyoufu

funkmastergeneral said:
I'm a Priest and this is what I did, and while I didn't really have issues with keeping people up it was just an absolute mana drain to be spamming my circle of healing and prayer of healing. Maybe I could use another healer helping me.

Well are you talking about 10man? If so, one healer takes care of one group, and you take care of the other. Isn't that what everybody does?

Macattk15

The other 2 top horde guilds on my server are imploding because we (a relatively new guild as result of a merger of 2 lesser guilds) beat them to killing Yogg Saron 25 man.

We are now server 2nd in both 10 and 25 man.

Internal drama and maximum butthurt over not being 1st has caused the other 2 top horde guilds to implode.

It's amazing how seriously people take the progression and not holding onto first after they had it all through Naxx and such.

We only raid 3 hours a night ... Monday - Thurs. They raid 4 hours a night Mon - Thurs.

Funny when the GM of one of said other guilds makes a post like this in response to being beaten .... us being Onslaught.

Very laughable.

As most of you know, Onslaught defeated Yogg last night. I think onslaught is a great group of people, but I do not think they even come close to the level of talent that we have, or FA has for that matter. So, that leads me to ask "Why were they able to do something we haven't". I do not think there is a simple answer for this, but I do feel there are many contributing factors, that can be combined to give us an answer.

10-mans - Remember back in the day when this guild....cared? We were running 2-3 10 mans through ZA a week and even had a night were we got 3 bear mounts. Now it seems that we are "too good" for 10-mans or people wait for someone else to put them together. When people get in a 10 man, 2-3 wipes and they act like its the end of the world and give up. Really? I just heard everyone bitch about how easy content was for 4 months, they finally put something hard in and now people whine about wiping... seriously guys get the sand outta your vags and suck it up. Onslaught currently has 2 10-mans clearing Ulduar. Not only do you pick up gear in these that makes 25 man easier... you get experience and practice. Seriously, get off your asses and get to forming some 10-mans if you care about this guild.

Be Prepared- Another problem we have is, when we go into a new fight..maybe half the guild has cared enough to read about it. Really, I mean I hear the same people bitching about how bad certain people are telling me they have no clue what phase 3 on Yogg is. Are you fucking kidding me? If you don't care enough to do the homework get the fuck out of my guild and go find a casual one that is more your speed. Learn the fights before you go in. Its not the RLs fucking job to hold your hand like a little kid and explain what each part of the fight is like. Its the RLs job to tell you the strat we are going to use and assign people their jobs. Also, if you do 10 mans before 25, you have a good idea on this stuff also.

Criticism - This is 2 folded here. A) If you are going to tell someone they are fucking up, tell them what they are doing wrong and how to fix it. B) If you get told you are fucking up, don't get butt hurt, fix the problem and don't whine to me about hurt feelings. We are trying to be a top level raiding guild. Ask around, talk to the people that have been in top level guilds... you get yelled at, you get your feelings hurt, you shape up or you find a casual guild. If you don't want to be yelled at you have to choices... don't fuck up 84 times or go find a nice casual guild to run with. We have 2 people in our guild that have spawned more clouds then the rest of the raid combined and doubled. And they aren't even tanks... Mose and Eple... learn to not be around the clouds... I watched you both spawn repeatedly when not in mind controls all last night, and Thursday. Seriously, I have done it, its not that hard. Sure you might spawn 1 a night maybe 2... but you both spawn 1 or 2 every attempt. Play extra careful and don't get near the fucking clouds.

Tanks - I think, maybe not 100% on this, Karys is the only tank that has been to our all our Yogg attempts. Seriously, our MT hasn't shown up for Yogg this week. By the end of every night we have to have our top melee DPS switch to tank spec so we can keep going. If you guys are here to put in the work, leave so we can replace you. I don't care how good you are, you can be the best tank in the world, and if you can't show up for the night we really need you, your worthless to us. But you all show up on night we give you loot...funny how that works. On top of that lose the fucking attitudes... being a whiny bitch the few time you do show up doesn't help either.

And finally, show up. Our attendance is shit for wipe nights. Don't you realize we are all part of the same guild? Think how pissed off you are when you show up and we have other people that don't. Then the next night you do the same thing? It is laughable how many people that are part of the problem, bitch about it. Starting next week we will be demoting people not making attendance and you will be getting loot like pledges. Its not worth our time to gear people like Fro or Message if they are going to be 20% under attendance, even if they are amazing players.

I think I have been too laid back, and that is part of the problem. I will not make that mistake anymore. Even if we have to take this time to rebuild cause people get butt hurt and cry about this. I don't care anymore. I want to raid with people that care about the guild and progress, not how much loot they can get on the first two nights of the week. I want to play with people that care and show up prepared and ready to raid. Not people who start auto-piloting after the first 5 attempts and have 30 second attention spans when getting near clouds. I truly hope that this Wednesday we see some big changes and people start showing up and when they do show up they come ready to raid.

That same GM gquit today and joined a new "super guild" ... mainly put together of the "best of the best" from the 2 other top guilds .... they only have 10 people.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Macattk15 said:
The other 2 top horde guilds on my server are imploding because we (a relatively new guild as result of a merger of 2 lesser guilds) beat them to killing Yogg Saron 25 man.

We are now server 2nd in both 10 and 25 man.

Internal drama and maximum butthurt over not being 1st has caused the other 2 top horde guilds to implode.

It's amazing how seriously people take the progression and not holding onto first after they had it all through Naxx and such.

We only raid 3 hours a night ... Monday - Thurs. They raid 4 hours a night Mon - Thurs.

Funny when the GM of one of said other guilds makes a post like this in response to being beaten .... us being Onslaught.

Very laughable.

That same GM gquit today and joined a new "super guild" ... mainly put together of the "best of the best" from the 2 other top guilds .... they only have 10 people.
This is the reason I'm wary of joining a top flight guild. I personally know/feel I'm better than most players in general, but I dont' want to get shitted on for doing something/anything wrong and/or having real life shit to do. Fear of committment, I guess :lol

That, and nobody's recruiting Death Knights :lol My priest just hit 53 tho!!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
We also killed yogg last night. Finally. Its a good feeling to have finally killed the bastard, now lets hope we can have smooth ulduar runs every week and throw in some hard modes along the way.

Xabora

Macattk15 said:
Ahh the classic "How to get 1 guy geared up scheme" quickly that kinda works because people are dumbasses.

In other news a feral druid came to a raid as a tank, won the DPS mace over me and said it was for his DPS set. :/

Macattk15

Alex said:
That first paragraph is awesome, total and utter butthurt. Congrats on your Yogg kill, Mac.

Haha thanks. We killed him 2 weeks ago .... found this post on their forums the other day. I love how he assumes we have no skill without ever raiding with any of us in the game.

I hate people like that.

HATERS!

Angry Grimace

Just got Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger. Took about 15-20 attempts.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Xabora said:
Ahh the classic "How to get 1 guy geared up scheme" quickly that kinda works because people are dumbasses.

In other news a feral druid came to a raid as a tank, won the DPS mace over me and said it was for his DPS set. :/
Your guild's loot master should reconsider his priorities.

So my warlock dinged 80 today and I am mother-fucking daunted when it comes to what the fuck to do. I don't have a fucking clue how to spec or what gear to aim for or even what stats are important. While leveling I just stacking crit and sp and spirit to a lesser extent, all else be damned.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Son of Godzilla said:
So my warlock dinged 80 today and I am mother-fucking daunted when it comes to what the fuck to do. I don't have a fucking clue how to spec or what gear to aim for or even what stats are important. While leveling I just stacking crit and sp and spirit to a lesser extent, all else be damned.

Get hit capped, then sp, spirit, crit.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Son of Godzilla said:

Lvl 80 Warlock is my main. I spec very deep affliction (56 deep), but IDK whether it's technically more/less effective than destruction. I just like it more. I don't think anyone seriously runs demonology, but I might be wrong.

Some links:

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-dots_you_affliction_warlock_thread/
http://www.maxdps.com/warlock/affliction.php
http://www.wowwiki.com/Warlock_builds
http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit
http://www.wowwiki.com/Enchantments_by_slot

You can get VERY respectable gear without a ton of trouble... there's a great mainhand weapon from Kirin Tor that only requires Revered. A nice gear piece (cloak if I remember right?) that only required Ebon Hold Honored. There's a decent wand that requires Oracle Revered.

Very good craftable rings, boots, offhand, and chest pieces, as well. Some are pricier than others, though.

Your first goal should be to look at that Spell Hit chart, and work towards getting hit-capped. That's everyone's first "gear goal" when dinging 80. 368 hit is... a lot. But it's not as nuts as it seems. I have a trinket that gives 95 bought with Honor.

So... yeah! For now, spell hit, spell hit, spell hit. Assuming you wanna start dipping your toes into Naxx. If you have no interest in raiding then do whatever :)

zam

Finally downed Yogg-Saron last night, things just finally clicked and the 3rd try we got him to 10%, and then the 4th try we got him down without anyone dying.

Also server 3rd on clearing Ulduar, and Alliance first, but alliance PvE is shit on my server (Shattered Halls EU).

itxaka

Defeatist
ahhh, thank guys for the responses above. Didn't think about the reasons as that, as I still have to get into a group of more than 5 guys xD

This is what I am rigth now. It felt awesome taking out this bitch with 3 other guys from my guild.

xg789.jpg

Still, couldn't get the sword I was looking for.

What is the best way in order to upgrade your gear? I am with a 2Hand sword that does 25,6DPS but I saw that there is one that does almost double, 44,5DPS

Should I start grinding Zul'Farrak in order to get it?

firex

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think the sword you're thinking of is an epic and it's pretty annoying to get (you have to get 2 low drop rate swords from 2 troll bosses), but I could be thinking of something else. You will get upgrades just by doing quests, and as long as you can kill things solo, you'll be ok. I remember leveling my paladin, I never got a better chest piece from some level 31 mail chest until I got to outland. Outland will give you some good weapons and great armor near the start, plus the beginner dungeon there has a really good polearm you can win. And before I forget, you can also get a really high dps (58 I think?) polearm if you win the alterac valley battleground and have the main quest for that, which I think you can do starting at level 51. It's actually a polearm meant for level 60s from before any expansions came out, but since you can get the quest earlier than that, it's a much stronger weapon than what you would find normally. And to get it, all you have to do is get into Alterac Valley and win it.

GDJustin said:
I don't think anyone seriously runs demonology, but I might be wrong.

Felguard/Emberstorm is pretty even with deep Affliction and Destruction builds. A week after I hit 80 (two weeks ago) I put out 4063 DPS on Emalon using that build in mostly Naxx 10 / heroic gear.

Pick the style of play you like, then research builds/glyphs/rotations. Don't forget to use all your self-buffs (spellstone).

Aim for the fully raid buffed hit cap (14%) first. After that aim for gear that scales best with your build. I focus on spell power / haste.

Here are the scaling factors per point (at a T8 level):

0/13/58 Sta=0.00 Int=0.56 Spi=0.75 SP=1.55 Hit=3.27 Crit=1.01 Haste=1.52
0/41/30 Sta=0.17 Int=0.26 Spi=0.77 SP=1.21 Hit=2.39 Crit=0.70 Haste=1.31
53/0/18 Sta=0.00 Int=0.32 Spi=0.73 SP=1.56 Hit=2.16 Crit=0.82 Haste=1.04

cwmartin

my brother and I rerolled horde on Andorhal, our 80's were getting a little stale on Vashj. My hunter is 27 and his shaman is 24, we started thursday/friday? cant remember, but thats our general pace. If anyone's interested were always on doing something and use our guilds vent to chill in if anyones looking to start over. Lemme know

firex

So with all this talk about reporting dps numbers, I'm curious: what's the best way to know your dps? Overall for a raid, or per boss fight? I ask because overall for a raid I did 3100 dps in Naxx 25, but per boss fight I would do about 2600-2800 dps. That's as a ret paladin so I don't even know if that's good or bad (well, I know it's not awful, but I mean I don't know how good/bad it is overall).

I suppose gear/spec/armory is important too so: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Casavir

If you're looking at my weapon saying "what the fuck" I won it in a Maly10 pug against a DK and we were both using the TS 2h mace, no hunters or ferals in the raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom