• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Got bored this afternoon at work (work from home) so before & after dinner I started working on a few of the old world dungeon achievements I didn't have. Ended up knocking out solo:

- Wailing Caverns
- Razorfen Kraul
- Blackfathom Deeps
- All three wings of Dire Maul AND got Crescent Key (final one I needed for Keymaster achievement)

...And I got hooked up with a Kara achievement run so 6 of us did a full Kara clear, too.

RFK, WC, and DM are motherfuckers if you don't know them. I wandered around FOREVER trying to figure out where to go. Part of me misses the epicness, but part of me is soooo glad Blizz doesn't design 5mans like that anymore.

I'll most likely never set foot in RFK or WC again. Fuck those dungeons :lol

GDJustin

They're all easy at level 80. They're just varying degrees of annoying/confusing. The only old-world instance I can think of that I dislike even more than the above is probably BRD.

And in fact that's terribly unfair to BRD which is a badass dungeon. It's just WAY WAY too big.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Back in the level 60 days, me and my friend would always reroll when a new server came out.

random lvl 18 alt/the barrens/WC = fond memories

Kyoufu

GDJustin said:
They're all easy at level 80. They're just varying degrees of annoying/confusing. The only old-world instance I can think of that I dislike even more than the above is probably BRD.

And in fact that's terribly unfair to BRD which is a badass dungeon. It's just WAY WAY too big.

Yeah agreed. I was in Dire Maul trying to finish the damn thing and every time I thought I found the end boss I always discovered more and more. God damn you Blizzard. lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Kyoufu said:
Yeah agreed. I was in Dire Maul trying to finish the damn thing and every time I thought I found the end boss I always discovered more and more. God damn you Blizzard. lol

Sometimes I forget that people started playing WoW after vanilla :p

etiolate

Banned
Well I learned a few things tonight.

1. From Arena, I learned that it is nigh impossible as an Ele Shaman to keep an arms Warrior off you. It's just charge, charge, charge, whirlwind, charge, charge whirldwind, etc.

2. From Forums and my own testing, I learned that the snare on Elemental Earthbind totems has been nerfed in its range. It's snaring at a range of 75% of the totem's range.

3. The Gnomer mobs have mad spell reflect.

gnomercore.jpg

Flib

rhfb said:
It isn't though. I'm saved to an instance with BOTH bosses up. I just don't feel like putting together a group to go and kill things, that's just not who I am. I just want them to clear the ID so I can go and join a group that gets a kill in.

And you don't need that good of a group for VOA anymore, not like before the Emalon nerf.

edit: for clearness, I joined the group, zoned in, got saved, we killed trash (after wiping TWICE) and start to fail on Emalon. Pally tank (why is it the worst tanks are usually pally tanks?) can't keep aggro and the top 3 dps die, so I leave the group, rez outside, and hearth back to dal. BOTH bosses were up, so I shouldn't have been saved.

Oh ok, that makes sense then, sucks.

My guild entered Ulduar for the first time last night; in typical fashion it was scheduled for 11pm but we didn't start until like 1am. We took down Flame Leviathan after 3 tries, I was impressed. People weren't listening (Demos constantly being too close to the boss, not launching players soon enough, etc), plus we had some problems with a pug dude. We were missing a dps and had to pick up someone, and our GM wound up getting some Mexican dude who could barely speak English. Took forever to get this guy to download and use vent, then listen to our GM who speaks spanish. But we did it

our main healer/GM got
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45292

and our best dps got
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45284

So it was a pretty damn good night. IMO we should have started farming this dude ages ago, but oh well. Now there's no excuse. I don't think we can take any of the other bosses yet. Basically me (MT) and our top dps (hunter) are the only members decked out in 25 man Naxx stuff. Our healers need better gear especially

GDJustin

FL is basically a loot pinata. A fun one, too. Even if you're super scrub and have no right being in Uld, you can at least spend your raid lockout once a week doing FL.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=58038.0

In the next major content patch we will be removing the prismatic quality of the jewelcrafter-only Dragon’s Eye gems. Like other gems, they will have to match the socket color to receive a socket bonus. When this change occurs, players with qualifying jewelcrafting skill will be provided a yet to be determined amount of Dalaran Jewelecrafter Tokens as compensation.

What the fuck.

Tamanon

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:

I guess Blizz finally realized that jewelcrafting was waaaaaay overexposed.

It actually makes sense, because while on the surface the gems gives the same benefit as the other professions, the fact that they were prismatic gives them even more of an increase since they can be used for crappy slots to get an extra stat boost. It basically made Jewelcrafting a few points better than every other tradeskill for raiders.

explodet

I'll probably keep my two solid dragon's eyes in my monarch crab - I lose the +9 stanima bonus, but one trinket with 145 stamina is still pretty kickass.

And yeah, the jewelcrafting was getting out of hand, nearly everybody in my guild has it or is leveling it up. I started it in BC, you johnnycomelatelys :p

JoeFu

Banned
I love prepared, I play on the same server as him. His shaman are making progress. Awesome guy, talks to you too, isn't a tool.

Reading the article, i guess there's more than one guy who plays 40 people.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oni Link 666 said:
Fucking retarded. Instead of making the other professions better they just jack up the ones we have?

Perhaps they'd like to force the BS sockets to be blue too. And can't be used on equipment that already has a single socket. And only works with green gems. They really couldn't think of anything to make Engineering anything less than completely fucking useless so they popped THIS shit? Ah well.

I guess all you lose is the socket bonuses which are pretty irrelevant in the long run.

Weenerz

Banned
What a bullshit change to JC, if they take away the unique part of the gems, it'll be better. I hate how instead of buffing other things (classes/professions) to be in line with the good professions they decide to nerf it instead.

firex

The only thing I would accept for this change, being a JC since TBC, is the following:
1) more epic rings/necks added, to be less one size fits none like they are currently
2) bop epic rings/necks that are JC-only, unique, ilevel 200 to start and available at 425 skill with absolute perfect sockets and socket bonuses for their class (i.e. red + yellow sockets for dps caster, dual red for str-based dps, whatever is perfect for other classes)
3) upgrading system for epic rings a la TBC's skillherald and other bop crafted items that will take them up to ilevel 226 without destroying socketed gems
4) hybrid dragon's eyes that will cover multiple sockets like orange/green/purple gems do

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My personal problem with this is that if they release this at the same time as a major content patch you're talking about nerfing it at the same time that you release Epic gems, meaning it's even more worthless; not to mention that the value of those gems bonuses scales less when you have ilvls climbing past 250.

Tamanon

Banned
Blizz will probably retool all the professions a bit once they introduce epic gems so that Blacksmithing doesn't take a clear lead.

Angry Grimace

People paying 1,800g for Runed Orbs are fucking stupid as far as I can tell.

knicks

Interested in selling my warrior who has a complete dominate dps set. He has his transfer up. Have 15,000 gold. Nearly 500 achievements complete. I have over 50 mounts. Almost exalted with all major cities. I am capped on honor (75,000). Have 403 BS, 450 Mining, and 400 Cooking. Also has the rare tabard of frost.

Dual spec is boughten already, and of course I have an epic flyer with an Albino Drake. Have nearly 100 Badges of Honor and around 20 Valors.
Comes with a 70 priest alt on the same server and a 60 warrior on a different server. =)

All bank slots purchased and filled.

DPS Set:
Full Five Piece T7.5 DPS Set.
Fool's Trial Neck
Hammerhead Sharkskin Cloak
Bracers of Unrelenting Attack
Girdle of Razuvious
Sabatons of Sudden Reprisal
Ring of Invincibility
Ruthlessness
Bandit's Insignia
Mirror of Truth

Weapons:
Betrayer of Humanity (KT Weapon)
Armagadeon (Amazing second weapon if you want to go fury)
Spinning fate (Throwing Weapon)

Tank Set:

T7.5 Prot Chest
T7 Legs
Naxx Epic Bracers, Helmet, Shoulders, Neck, Gloves, Cloak
Last Laugh and Wall of Terror (Best Tanking Weapon and Shield in Game KT Drops)

PVP Set:

Deadly Chest
Hateful Helmet and Legs
Deadly Belt, Deadly Neck
Hateful Ring

Owner of a 5's team.

Looking for around $350.

For more information pm me or contact me on aim: knicks2892

zam

Yeah, Blizzard is gonna need to buff all other professions or nerf BS some way because when Icecrown and epic gems comes BS is gonna be miles ahead fo the other professions.

Tamanon said:
It'll be relatively simple for Alchemy and Engineering with upgraded alchemist's stones and goggles respectively.

I'm really hoping for another upgraded goggle set, as I'm having the worst luck winning rolls for an upgrade to my Weakness Spectralizers.

Angry Grimace said:
People paying 1,800g for Runed Orbs are fucking stupid as far as I can tell.

They're hovering around 1.2-1.4k on my server, but that's still around double what'd I'd consider paying to get the leather dps belt and boots, as I don't expect I'll be in Ulduar anytime soon unless I pug it.

Xabora

zam said:
Yeah, Blizzard is gonna need to buff all other professions or nerf BS some way because when Icecrown and epic gems comes BS is gonna be miles ahead fo the other professions.
Well its a nurf that was going to happen since the largest bang for the buck professions allowed players to double stack, which was Black Smithing Extra Slots and Jewelcrafting Prismatic Gems.
And you know the last stacking with a profession was from Leatherworking Drums, considering all of their main raiders were leatherworkers.

As of right now many are Smiths + JCs for the nice bonus. :p

Blah I lost track during this post. 'tis late.

Chris R

funkmastergeneral said:
That monitor is fucking sick. Who's the fat guy?
What I want to know is who ganked him :lol

In other words, I'm betting Enhancement Shaman is the 3rd fastest leveling class, behind Hunter/DK. I just tear shit up, even with my horrible gear that hasn't been fully outlandized yet. Can't wait to see what northrend gear does in 2 days :D

CassSept

Xabora said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/4ihe0p.jpg[IMG]

Quite insane...[/QUOTE]
Hm? I don't get it :s

And jc nerf - so retarded, especially since 3.2 should introduce epic gems which will make jc worthless. New gems alone would probably bring jc down a lot, but this, ugh.

Angry Grimace

letsbereasonable said:
I'm really hoping for another upgraded goggle set, as I'm having the worst luck winning rolls for an upgrade to my Weakness Spectralizers.

They're hovering around 1.2-1.4k on my server, but that's still around double what'd I'd consider paying to get the leather dps belt and boots, as I don't expect I'll be in Ulduar anytime soon unless I pug it.
I asked about it on trade chat and they were saying "oh the items are BiS", but as far as I can tell, they aren't BiS, and even if they are, there are other ilvl 226 items of each variety in ulduar and the recipe's require a minimum of SIX orbs @ 1,800g, not to mention 10 Titansteel bars.

Angry Grimace said:
I asked about it on trade chat and they were saying "oh the items are BiS", but as far as I can tell, they aren't BiS, and even if they are, there are other ilvl 226 items of each variety in ulduar and the recipe's require a minimum of SIX orbs @ 1,800g, not to mention 10 Titansteel bars.

They're not that expensive to make if your guild is in Ulduar 25 and can hand out orbs as needed

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
They're not that expensive to make if your guild is in Ulduar 25 and can hand out orbs as needed
The issue was the guy that was asking to buy them @ 1,800g a piece o_O

Angry Grimace

Is there anything more awkward than joining a PUG and they are completely silent o_O

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't really solo SV as a mage, so i had to get the Argent hippogryph, but yeah they are nice flying mounts. :D You dont see them as much as dragons lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom