• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Reading the next minor patch content, I chuckled a bit. Seems like they are buffing/nerfing alot of little things lately (and in the near future). Is the DK Frost Presence change due to PvP, or due to PvE? Just wondering here.

Edit: except for 1 skin (the blackish one) I don't really like the new skins for NE druids.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
No more rat face!

ss2.jpg

Xabora

ny7ebm.jpg

Weapons I lost because it got moved to someone else that doesn't need it as bad as me.
The ones that count are, Betrayer, Rune Edge, etc etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lain said:
Reading the next minor patch content, I chuckled a bit. Seems like they are buffing/nerfing alot of little things lately (and in the near future). Is the DK Frost Presence change due to PvP, or due to PvE? Just wondering here.

Edit: except for 1 skin (the blackish one) I don't really like the new skins for NE druids.
I can't imagine it's for PvP; I mean how much player damage is armor mitigated anyways?

Kyoufu

Angry Grimace said:
I can't imagine it's for PvP; I mean how much player damage is armor mitigated anyways?

Same as PVE. DKs roll in Frost Presence, but I'm not really sure why they bothered to nerf it. If I'm not mistaken it'd bring DK's endgame armor number lower than Paladin/Warrior, which would be unfair. Or I could be wrong.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kyoufu said:
Same as PVE. DKs roll in Frost Presence, but I'm not really sure why they bothered to nerf it. If I'm not mistaken it'd bring DK's endgame armor number lower than Paladin/Warrior, which would be unfair. Or I could be wrong.
I doubt it. Their armor numbers should be almost identical considering Armor levels are static based on ilvl. The only difference is the 7700 armor from Shields, which I believe that 60% of the total would be more than. I doubt that it makes a big difference; I thought it was 60% originally, wasn't it? And then they buffed it and nerfed the C/Ds?

Also, consider that Improved Frost Presence, which replaced Frost Aura, gave an additional 4% damage reduction from all sources when the DK is in FP, which is a buff over what they used to gain from Frost Aura.

I'd really like to see this player's /played o_O :

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Magtheridon&cn=Diomache&gn=Ensidia

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Gloomfire said:
I went ahead and did these so far. The spellthread cost me 27g, seems fair according to wowhead. The spellpower I just went ahead and bought the scroll for. The mats would have cost 63g and a 10g tip. I paid 71g and didn't have to bother with an enchanter. The belt, bracer and glove enchants I am going to wait on since I am targeting some iLVL 200 upgrades on those. Same for the chest.

Are the boot enchants worth going after for the price? +12 Hit and Crit for 65g.

It's the best enchant for casters. Especially when you're under hit cap.

That being said, there's better "bang for your buck" enchants out there, for players just starting out at 80 that don't have any enchants done to any of their gear slots (ie you).

If you have the G and you think you'll be keeping that slot for a while, then yeah go for it.

Edit: Also, what I linked to wasn't the entirety of what you can put on your gear. As someone mentioned, Sons of Hodir rep earns you a great shoulder enchant. And there's a Haste enchant for cloak that's good. And +8 stats to chest is another (sort of) cheap one.

Just got back into wow. The 6k gold I had before I left was stolen. I am sending a petition, but I doubt there is much of a chance of getting it back. So my question is how do I quickly get my money back legitimately through quests and whatnot. I am a bs and miner. Thanks!

Lain

The_Inquisitor said:
Just got back into wow. The 6k gold I had before I left was stolen. I am sending a petition, but I doubt there is much of a chance of getting it back. So my question is how do I quickly get my money back legitimately through quests and whatnot. I am a bs and miner. Thanks!

I'd sell all the ore you'll find in wotlk while doing dailies along with the cloth and, if you still have left over quests, do them too. Completing a zone at 80 nets alot of cash.

Quake1028

Was a good night.

Respecced, finally.

Enchanted my legs and dagger.

Won these and immediately socketed and enchanted them.

Spent about 130g all told for the enchants but won the roll on a Frozen Orb which I already sold for 65g, so not too bad.

Gloomfire said:
Was a good night.

Respecced, finally.

Enchanted my legs and dagger.

Won these and immediately socketed and enchanted them.

Spent about 130g all told for the enchants but won the roll on a Frozen Orb which I already sold for 65g, so not too bad.

Grind Kirin Tor and Sons of Hodir rep so you can head and shoulder enchants

firex

Yeah, get the KT tabard (you should already be at friendly from Northrend quests anyway) and wear it while doing heroics. Sons of Hodir dailies are pretty easy to unlock, although you can also farm relics of ulduar for rep that way if you want.

Also, imo the first thing I would buy with emblems of heroism if you don't have it already is the plush sash of guz'bah from the emblem vendor. That belt is pretty much best in slot for virtually any caster right now, although I think there might be a few drops that beat it out if you are hit capped with other gear (if there is better overall gear in other slots that makes up for the hit on the belt, too).

Quake1028

firex said:
Yeah, get the KT tabard (you should already be at friendly from Northrend quests anyway) and wear it while doing heroics. Sons of Hodir dailies are pretty easy to unlock, although you can also farm relics of ulduar for rep that way if you want.

Also, imo the first thing I would buy with emblems of heroism if you don't have it already is the plush sash of guz'bah from the emblem vendor. That belt is pretty much best in slot for virtually any caster right now, although I think there might be a few drops that beat it out if you are hit capped with other gear (if there is better overall gear in other slots that makes up for the hit on the belt, too).

I already have the KT tab. That's how I got my dagger.

The sash is next on my EoH list.

Proc

Ah, I'm having those WoW cravings again :lol

I left a death knight at 73. I would love to go through the northrend content on him,.

I play other rpgs, but the only ones that have stuck lately are wrath and fallout 3.

VaLiancY

I'm getting that WoW crave also. I want to try Feral DPS again and drop(maybe) my DK since I'm pretty sure they're all over the place still on my server.

firex

half a moon said:
I'm fixing to ding 80 without questing in Icecrown or Stormpeaks. How much gold can I make by questing in those two zones at 80?
2-3k pretty easily, probably more? I made at least that much just going for the achievement in each zone. Enough with the 2k gold I already had to start in wotlk to buy epic flying for my shaman, cold weather flying, and buy him dual spec, but that includes all the dailies I did (like JC and cooking dailies) in addition to the zones, and zul'drak. But I think I got at least like 2k or 3k from those zones.

Tamanon

Banned
half a moon said:
I'm fixing to ding 80 without questing in Icecrown or Stormpeaks. How much gold can I make by questing in those two zones at 80?

At least 3k. But Storm Peaks in particular will be hell to keep drudging through if you don't have your epic flyer. Soooooooo far between quest areas.

Tamanon said:
At least 3k. But Storm Peaks in particular will be hell to keep drudging through if you don't have your epic flyer. Soooooooo far between quest areas.
I already have my epic flyer thank god. When I ding 80 I'll have around 2k, and I owe someone 1.5k. So, I was thinking I'd quest for money in the zones and farm mats for titansteel (Do death knights that ding 80 typically craft titansteel destroyer, titansteel spiked helm, and titansteel spiked treads?) .

firex

I dunno about the TS boots, but the helm and 2h are definitely awesome. I guess the boots aren't bad, but when I think about the mat cost compared to just getting exalted EB and picking up their superior boots... eh, I don't know. but then TS is supposed to be "I've hit 80, time to equip mah epix" stuff anyway so I can see crafting it.

and I should've clarified that I also got another 1k because this was all on my paladin, and I bought dual spec with him, too. So I got like 3k from those 2 zones, maybe a little more.

firex said:
I dunno about the TS boots, but the helm and 2h are definitely awesome. I guess the boots aren't bad, but when I think about the mat cost compared to just getting exalted EB and picking up their superior boots... eh, I don't know. but then TS is supposed to be "I've hit 80, time to equip mah epix" stuff anyway so I can see crafting it.

and I should've clarified that I also got another 1k because this was all on my paladin, and I bought dual spec with him, too. So I got like 3k from those 2 zones, maybe a little more.
How long does it take to grind EB rep? I'm 3710/6000 friendly.

firex

They have a ton of dailies in Icecrown you will unlock as you quest there, plus that's how you open up their quartermaster, so you can get their tabard when you're like 45 quests into the Icecrown achievement at least. Once you've done the shadow vault quest chains, you'll be good.

Quake1028

half a moon said:

I hit 80 and I have all of this questing left:

1/2 of SB
Almost all of BT (maybe 10 quests done)
All of Grizzly Hills
All of Zul Drak
All of Storm Peaks
All of Icecrown

Plus I still have a good bit to do in HF and DB.

firex

Son of Godzilla said:
So whats the best way to get honor? I'm guessing it's AV?
That, plus doing WG dailies, which kind of sucks that they're nerfing the dailies into weeklies when I think about it. For how easy some of the dailies are (like the one where you can just kill guards) you get a lot of honor for the effort.

Epix

Bought the Footpads of Silence off the AH last night. Paid 14k (stings a little) but they're BiS for me considering even all the hard mode loot.

Macattk15

Epix said:
Bought the Footpads of Silence off the AH last night. Paid 14k (stings a little) but they're BiS for me considering even all the hard mode loot.

Wouldn't it of been cheaper to buy Runed Orbs and then have someone to make it for you? Would've been on my server anyway.

Do you not do Ulduar 25 at all? Save up some badges to buy some orbs and what not.

Epix

Macattk15 said:
Wouldn't it of been cheaper to buy Runed Orbs and then have someone to make it for you? Would've been on my server anyway.

Do you not do Ulduar 25 at all? Save up some badges to buy some orbs and what not.
Orbs would have run me near 13k anyway. No one in my guild has the pattern yet, and plus I'd much rather use emblems on T8 gear than craftable mats.

winnarps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmiUVh0Ebxw

Skip to about the 1:00 mark. Since Ulduar was lagging for us last night, our guild decided to make a stop over to WG to prevent the Horde from taking the keep.

So we went over to where the horde zone in to WG and all of us AOE'd. We got ~100 HKs in under 10 seconds. Got the LT rank for vehicles almost instantly, then destroyed the towers to win.

Was a fun night. Coordinated large scale PvP (even though zerging the spawn with AOE was a bit mindless) is amazing.

Xabora

I'm still tracking down the source of this engine bug, but this made me LOL.

LSD + WoW
2vi1ced.jpg

nff9n9.jpg

4zvlw3.jpg

A simple drop into the Console and entering in gxrestart clears the issue.

Xabora

Bisnic said:
Almost looks like your video card is about to explode.
Nah, its fine.
Its an issue related with the WoW Engine since I can fix it ingame.

Even then I have an odd feeling now whats causing it ingame.

Lost rolls on the rogue t8 legs and the valorous gloves in VoA25 last, oh well.

I'm at an odd spot because I'm probably right at the point where I can be productive in Ulduar 10, but it's tough to pug on my server without the achievement for proof of having done it before. My guild is supposed to be casual raiders, but nobody seems to have any interest in doing anything beyond Naxx 10, so looks like I'm going to have to get lucky and find an understanding pug.

letsbereasonable said:
Lost rolls on the rogue t8 legs and the valorous gloves in VoA25 last, oh well.

I'm at an odd spot because I'm probably right at the point where I can be productive in Ulduar 10, but it's tough to pug on my server without the achievement for proof of having done it before. My guild is supposed to be casual raiders, but nobody seems to have any interest in doing anything beyond Naxx 10, so looks like I'm going to have to get lucky and find an understanding pug.

At least you see your classes items drop :(

Tamanon

Banned
Frost is great for leveling, just because having so many more oh shit buttons helps you out when you get a resist or two. Fire's not bad by any stretch though.

Arcane is kinda blah until middle of Outlands when you get Arcane Blast though.

aktham

WTS or WTT: WoW BC collector's edition (new and sealed) for a wrath enabled account with time on it. Account doesn't need anything fancy on it, just some time.

Angry Grimace

Gloomfire said:
Another successful night! Got the bracers I was targeting, and enchanted them. Things are looking up.
How's your DPS looking after switching to FrostFire?

firex said:
I think dailies give about 1250 honor, and you get a lot of honor for participating in the battles, too.
In general it seems like honor gear is easy to get these days. I don't feel like grinding multiple reps for one gear a piece or finding people to do heroics with. How practical is farming honor gear and then doing endgame?

How easy is it to get arena points these days?

Generally speaking, PVP gear is no good for PVE. It's defensive gear loaded with stamina and resilience instead of the stats you need for raiding. There's not a lot of hit rating PVP gear for rogues and hunters, there's no defense on PVP gear for tanks, the amount of attack power on PVP gear is much lower than that on PVE gear, ect. You can get away with having a few PVP pieces in Naxx but, you can't exactly do arena and BGs to gear up for Ulduar.

Quake1028

Angry Grimace said:
How's your DPS looking after switching to FrostFire?

Funny you should ask. No one has been posting meters lately, and I don't have the add-on either (my computer couldn't handle another add-on I don't think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom