• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogosh

I would recommend getting recount and using it to check your own dps. You will be surprised the difference between what it reports for you and what others report for you (depending on the distance between the 2 of you during the fight).

Quake1028

So
Tier 7 is iLVL 200 stuff from Naxx 10 and Heroics
Tier 7.5 is from Naxx 25 and equivalent
Tier 8 is from Ulduar 25?

Is that about right?

Flib

Gloomfire said:
So
Tier 7 is iLVL 200 stuff from Naxx 10 and Heroics
Tier 7.5 is from Naxx 25 and equivalent
Tier 8 is from Ulduar 25?

Is that about right?

Tier 8 is Ulduar 10
Tier 8.5 is Ulduar 25

Rogosh

Gloomfire said:
Is it a resource hog? I already have QH and Dominos running and I barely get 10FPS in Dal at times.

No, recount doesn't come close to either of those addons. It also has a command to toggle results panel vislble/invisible so that it isn't always out taking up space. I believe the command is -- recount toggle.

I never wanted to be one of those elitist pricks demanding certain dps, but after healing a heroic nexus with two people managing an incredible 650 dps...wow. I feel like you should be doing more then that with auto attack.

firex

dave is ok said:
T7 is ilevel 200
T7.5 is ilevel 213
T8 is ilevel 219
T8.5 is ilevel 226
To add to that, you can get some 213/226 ilevel gear from t7 instances.
Malygos (technically not a t7 instance, but easily doable at t7) drops 213 on 10 man, 226 on 25 man. Kel'Thuzad (EASY final boss of Naxx) drops 213 on 10 man, 226 on 25 man. Sartharion, if you have drakes up, will drop 213 on 10 man, 226 on 25 man. Note that they aren't itemized for every single slot for every single class, so Ulduar is really where you will get 226 gear in every slot.

Tamanon

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
I never wanted to be one of those elitist pricks demanding certain dps, but after healing a heroic nexus with two people managing an incredible 650 dps...wow. I feel like you should be doing more then that with auto attack.

God, the fight with the mirror image girl must've been the ultimate pain in the ass with 2 subpar dps.:lol

Quake1028

funkmastergeneral said:

Your post reminded me of the H Nexus we did yesterday where someone did post recount numbers at the end.

DPS Druid - 2.3k
Me - 2.1k
DPS DK - 950

I was like wtf?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rogosh said:
No, recount doesn't come close to either of those addons. It also has a command to toggle results panel vislble/invisible so that it isn't always out taking up space. I believe the command is -- recount toggle.
The command is /recount show

Recount takes up almost no resources. It's a good idea for you to have now; when you're just switching to a new spec. Don't play WoW just to put your name on the top though.

Busted out a pretty funny Naxx-10 nostalgia run with some friends/friends of friends yesterday that started out pretty damn rough; a wipe on ANUB.

Oddly enough, I'm noticing that the DPS is like 3500 for everyone, which is enough to pretty much faceroll that joke dungeon. We did faceroll the rest of it, but it boggles my mind that people still have problems with Heigan's dance after 4 months of that shithole.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gloomfire said:
Your post reminded me of the H Nexus we did yesterday where someone did post recount numbers at the end.

DPS Druid - 2.3k
Me - 2.1k
DPS DK - 950

I was like wtf?
Yeah, I just don't get it. I ran a heroic with this DK who was epic geared, but just unbelievably fail-oriented. All his red slots were green Attack Power gems, unenchanted, and he had the right meta gem, but not enough blue gems to activate the meta. :lol

1000 DPS. On Malygos with double sparks. :lol

I mean Death Knight is an *easy* DPS class; the rotation is basically the same for every spec.

firex

I sometimes still get hit doing the Heigan dance, but it's just hitboxes larger than the actual slime, and not running Naxx weekly, and sometimes a tank pulls him too close to one edge.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
I sometimes still get hit doing the Heigan dance, but it's just hitboxes larger than the actual slime, and not running Naxx weekly, and sometimes a tank pulls him too close to one edge.
...........I got hit yesterday, but I used a healthstone and told my GF to not say anything :lol

I did give our hunter shit about bragging about his DPS being so high, when the truth was that he was dead during Heigan and therefore didn't take the big hit everyone else does while running the dance and unable to reach him.

I still get hit, actually I don't think I've ever survived that fight (though I've only done it maybe 4 times). I blame it on lag (normally only get like 5 fps with so much shit going on), and should probably just put someone on /follow and see if that works.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
funkmastergeneral said:
I still get hit, actually I don't think I've ever survived that fight (though I've only done it maybe 4 times). I blame it on lag (normally only get like 5 fps with so much shit going on), and should probably just put someone on /follow and see if that works.

it wont, you cant follow other people because of lag. just turn your settings all the way down.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I get hit during the dance as well, and I too blame it on lag. I'll be in the pack with everyone else (on my screen) and yet I'll still end up taking the hit.

Lain

Put everything on low (except when doing grobb and ktz) and lower your resolution too if needed, and naxx10 will be pretty smooth.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Excuse me while I laugh at this comment.

:lol
Well it is *shrug* The Frost/Unholy rune is different, and the second line of your rotation is a little different for each spec, but it's still PS IT BS BS FU dump --> RP dump, then a second rotation which isn't hard either. All you really do is put your diseases, whack your FU dump, use two BS (Heart Strikes if blood), and RP dump. The second line is just whacking your spec's signature ability as often as possible, i.e. Blood's is heart strike, Frost's is FS, etc. etc.

Blood -> FU dump is Death Strike/Replace BS with HS, second line is HS x 4, DS

Frost --> FU is Obliterate, RP is Frost Strike, second line is OB x 3

Unholy --> FU is Scourge Strike, second line is SS x 3, and you almost always can just SS x infinte if you glyph for it.

3000+ DPS easy.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
Well it is *shrug* The Frost/Unholy rune is different, and the second line of your rotation is a little different for each spec, but it's still PS IT BS BS FU dump --> RP dump, then a second rotation which isn't hard either. All you really do is put your diseases, whack your FU dump, use two BS (Heart Strikes if blood), and RP dump. The second line is just whacking your spec's signature ability as often as possible, i.e. Blood's is heart strike, Frost's is FS, etc. etc.

Blood -> FU dump is Death Strike/Replace BS with HS, second line is HS x 4, DS

Frost --> FU is Obliterate, RP is Frost Strike, second line is OB x 3

Unholy --> FU is Scourge Strike, second line is SS x 3, and you almost always can just SS x infinte if you glyph for it.

3000+ DPS easy.
Ehh good point.

But I was mostly talking about RP generation rotations which really isn't a rotation, but a priority system.

Quake1028

Holy shit! I just ran H VH with a DPS DK who did 1047 and a Rogue who did 967 for the entire dungeon. Somehow, we didn't wipe. And, to top it all off, the Rogue got an epic and NEED rolled for the Frozen Orb at the end :lol .

I picked up a new neck item and the Greedy ach :D .

Quake1028

Oh, and during the Zumarat fight, he was spamming party chat with "kill adds, kill adds" when he had them most of the time and I had already explained the fight to him 3 times.

Gloomfire said:
Holy shit! I just ran H VH with a DPS DK who did 1047 and a Rogue who did 967 for the entire dungeon. Somehow, we didn't wipe. And, to top it all off, the Rogue got an epic and NEED rolled for the Frozen Orb at the end :lol .

I picked up a new neck item and the Greedy ach :D .
Uh, there's no Leather Epic gear from H VH. So either he picked up pieces that he really shouldn't be wearing (or can't wear) or he didn't get an epic and you made that part up. Just saying.

firex

Orbitcube said:
Uh, there's no Leather Epic gear from H VH. So either he picked up pieces that he really shouldn't be wearing (or can't wear) or he didn't get an epic and you made that part up. Just saying.
maybe he was saying the rogue need rolled on the epic and frozen orb and took them both even though he shouldn't have.

Angry Grimace

Orbitcube said:
Perhaps you'd like to criticize what he had for breakfast, too?

Orbitcube said:

Maybe it was a world drop BoE epic

Chris R

What is the "best" tanking class? Almost got my shaman to 80, and I want a tank now. DK would be the easiest to get to 80 as its 62 now, but I've never seen a good dk tank anything :|

firex

There is no best. Easiest to gear is probably a druid tank (needs nothing but dodge leather and gear with stamina), easiest to level as an alt is a DK since it starts at 55, but warrior/paladin are just as good. They all have tools that make them tank differently, but there is no real best tank.

firex said:

I got sauced within a couple minutes of it last night. I dunno if it was a lag spike or what, but one minute I was running around, next minute I was dead. First time I've died on him in a long ass time.

Chris R

firex said:
There is no best. Easiest to gear is probably a druid tank (needs nothing but dodge leather and gear with stamina), easiest to level as an alt is a DK since it starts at 55, but warrior/paladin are just as good. They all have tools that make them tank differently, but there is no real best tank.
I was just wondering because I've never been with a good DK or Pally tank. Druid tanking was fun in TBC, and I've kinda always wanted a warrior at 80, but the current levels of my "tanking" classes are

DK - 62
War - 37
Druid - 28
Pally - 15

So that is why I was wondering. I know all tanks are supposed to be equal, just saying if you could take your pick, which would it be.

Tamanon

Banned
Paladin's are probably the most versatile, Druids the easiest to gear up(but worst AE tank). Death Knights are a pretty good balance of ease to level and to gear up.

Tamanon said:
Paladin's are probably the most versatile, Druids the easiest to gear up(but worst AE tank). Death Knights are a pretty good balance of ease to level and to gear up.

And warriors are just fuckin' badass

Quake1028

Orbitcube said:

He need rolled on whatever the epic was that dropped from Cyanigosa. No idea if he could have used it or not.

What's the best dps raid and pvp build for an undergeared death knight? I'm gonna buy dual spec soon.

Edit:
On deathknightbuilds.com I found:
PVP Builds
# 8 - 21/0/50 - beginner pvp build -Designed to maximize damage and survivability before you have the gear to goto an all out dps build. This build is not as gear dependent as full DPS builds. The healing of rune tap and mark of blood really increase survivability in arenas and BG's but mark of blood can be dropped for garg. plays like normal fully unholy so rotation would be along the lines of IT>>PS>>Pest>>BB>>UhB>>SS. The goal is to get diseases spread and keep pumping scourge strikes.

Quake1028

Tomorrow I will have enough EoH for the Plush Sash of Guzbah.

And I should have my 300 SKS by the end of the weekend if we stop losing WG. Is there anything more worthwhile than the mount to spend them on?

firex

Not from what I remember. Plus, that mount is awesome (until you try going into 3/4 of the shops in the game and get stuck).

Quake1028

I'm getting one of the Halaa mounts today. Set up for an Ally to come and trade kills. Plus I just need to win a Frozen Orb and I am all set on my ring :D .

Alex

Pre-patch Frost DK was by far one of the most aggravating rotations in the game to pull off perfectly. You'd have to blow cooldowns just to keep it flowing.

Post-patch frost DK is probably easier than Retribution. It's really silly.

I saved up and bought a Mekgineer's Chopper finally. Price wasn't too bad, Titansteel Bars were only 50g each and I got a set of Golem Parts off the AH for cheap(er). I love it though, it's especially fun to do BGs with a friend with.

Joined a new raid guild after my previous crumbled, back to 25 mans, better players, but as expected, there are some totally massive douchebags. I'd kill to get into a 25 man guild full of nice people who just play well instead of self-centered loud mouths who aren't half as good as they think.

Angry Grimace

half a moon said:
What's the best dps raid and pvp build for an undergeared death knight? I'm gonna buy dual spec soon.

Edit:
On deathknightbuilds.com I found:
PVP Builds
# 8 - 21/0/50 - beginner pvp build -Designed to maximize damage and survivability before you have the gear to goto an all out dps build. This build is not as gear dependent as full DPS builds. The healing of rune tap and mark of blood really increase survivability in arenas and BG's but mark of blood can be dropped for garg. plays like normal fully unholy so rotation would be along the lines of IT>>PS>>Pest>>BB>>UhB>>SS. The goal is to get diseases spread and keep pumping scourge strikes.
I have no idea how dropping Gargoyle for Mark of Blood is a good idea though. It only makes sense to drop a 51 pt. talent if there's a better 21, and MoB isn't better than Garg.

I would ignore the whole "gear dependant" thing. What "gear dependant" is referring to is mostly frost, which has Frost Strike as it's highest damage component and required help from T7 gear RP bonuses; but the bonuses from T7 were nerfed anyways.

Tamanon

Banned
If anything, I'd say Blood DKs are the most gear-dependent, or at least the most weapon dependent since all of their attacks are weapon strikes, no spells whatsoever.

Tamanon

Banned
For the record, Robes of Crackling Flame might be one of the best looking robes Blizzard has made, although they make some shitty shitty robes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom