• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
keeblerdrow said:
Then you haven't been to Azshara, sir.

Azshara is fine, there are a decent amount of quests to do there and the demons are good grinding. I just tried doing a quest in the Charred Vale where I had to kill two specific kind of harpies...and there were 6 kinds of harpies there, and they're all clustered together horribly so you're pulling 2-3 at a time. not only this, earth elementals and basiliks roam around as well making doing a quest there awful at level 26.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As a healer w/tailoring, I'm starting to wonder what kind of specialty cloth I want, Moonshroud or Spellfire?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
rhfb said:
WTF? Azshara was the bomb if you knew what quests to do.
Speaking of Aszhara, she must be one of 2 notable villains we haven't killed/will be killing :lol I have my doubts we'll facing off against Sargeras since that doesnt' seem reasonable unless we get to do super raids of 200 people.

I'm feeling virtually 100% certain that Deathwing will be the big bad raid boss of the next expac, since every expansion needs a name villain.

TomServo

Angry Grimace said:
As a healer w/tailoring, I'm starting to wonder what kind of specialty cloth I want, Moonshroud or Spellfire?

I wouldn't base it off of what you would wear yourself. On my server ebonweave sells for twice what moonshroud and spellfire go for, with eternal shadow also costing significantly less than eternal fire or eternal life.

There are no BoP tailoring patterns at 80, so that's not a factor like it was in BC.

It's better to just make the ebonweave, sell it, and buy whatever moonshroud of spellfire you need. The specific type of cloth may different on your server, but the message is the same, specialize in whatever sells the best.

Flib

Angry Grimace said:
Speaking of Aszhara, she must be one of 2 notable villains we haven't killed/will be killing :lol I have my doubts we'll facing off against Sargeras since that doesnt' seem reasonable unless we get to do super raids of 200 people.

I'm feeling virtually 100% certain that Deathwing will be the big bad raid boss of the next expac, since every expansion needs a name villain.

She's Queen of the Maelstrom, so if we go there, expect her to be the Arthas of the next expansion

Angry Grimace

Flib said:
She's Queen of the Maelstrom, so if we go there, expect her to be the Arthas of the next expansion
She's less visible than Deathwing though, and he's much "sexier" as a villian, being a humongous evil Black Dragon that we've been hearing about in WoW for ages. Aszhara figures in WCIII Lore but less so in WoW itself. Also, Nozdormu is also (obviously) the secret leader of the Infinite Flight, which might be another possibility that we would have to fight.

I had this great idea that in the next expansion, since WoW will probably peter out by then, would be to have a Caverns of Time raid in which you go back and fight Level 90/100 version of some of the most well known previous raidboss; i.e. C'Thun, Kil'Jaeden, etc.

I'm sure it wouldn't work for whatever reason.

firex

Yeah, I think Azshara will be the big boss of the next expansion, with Neptulon as one of the bumps along the way. That old leaked expansion list seems pretty likely for content, with the maelstrom being next expansion, then one that looks kind of filler (elemental planes and possible new races), with a final one being the burning legion homeworld and a level cap of 100. Or maybe it's elemental planes + legion homeworld in one expansion as a 4th expansion, I don't know.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
Yeah, I think Azshara will be the big boss of the next expansion, with Neptulon as one of the bumps along the way. That old leaked expansion list seems pretty likely for content, with the maelstrom being next expansion, then one that looks kind of filler (elemental planes and possible new races), with a final one being the burning legion homeworld and a level cap of 100. Or maybe it's elemental planes + legion homeworld in one expansion as a 4th expansion, I don't know.
I gotta figure the Emerald Dream will be at LEAST a zone, if not a whole expansion; I mean, they've been hinting at the "Nightmare" for a while now. I wouldn't be suprised if it gets scaled back to a Zone in an expansion about something else though, given that the Dream is supposed to be all kind of the same.

I would be really interested in idea of a zone that takes place almost entirely underwater; perhaps a quest gives you a magic stone which allows you to traverse the zone as though you are on land. There's lot of neat ideas, it's just a matter of waiting forever to get to them :lol

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
My one month return to WoW ended just prior to leaving for E3. Unless you're a hardcore raider that can't come & go as you please, I really believe that this is a more superior, "enlightened" way to play the game. It allows WoW to work for you, instead of you working for WoW, so to speak.

If I just kept my subscrip going month after month, I'd always log on, even when I didn't have a specific task in mind. Rolling alts, etc. The game becomes a "time filler." But by only playing one month at a time, it ensures I'm only logging in when I actually have something to do, in-game. It keeps WoW feeling like an actual fun videogame, instead of it just being a part of my life.

Things I accomplished, in my one-month return:

- All of Noblegarden
- All of Children's Week
- All of Argent Tourney. (Almost - I finished 4/5 Cities)
- Finished Grizzly Hills quests
- Finished Zul'Drak quests.
- Completed some of out-standing BC achievements (Nabbed remaining BC cooking recipes, and did Skettis Bombs Away!)
- Completed some old-world 5man achievements (WC, RFK, BFD, Dire Maul)
- Finished off Hodir and Tuskarr reputations
- Finally nabbed Zul'Aman and Kara clear achievements.

I last quit the game not long after dinging 80, so I hadn't seen much of LK's raid content, either. PuGs are much further along now than they were then, so I also got a bunch of kills for the first time:

- Killed Emalon10
- Naxx10, Maly10 (already did Sarth in the Fall)
- Naxx25, Maly25, Sarth25
- Stepped foot into Uld, downing FL a couple times, and good attempts on Razor (for a pug).
- A bunch of associated achievements (Quick Werk of him, Momma Said Knock You Out, Safety Dance, etc).

...So that's that! Overall, probably the most jam-packed and fun month of WoW since I first signed up, or at least since LK dropped. Now I need to decide if I'll come back for another month during Midsummer Fire Fest, or if I'll wait for 3.2.

GDJustin

firex said:

Waaaay way back before WoW was even in beta, Blizz was less careful about guarding their longterm plans for the franchise. At that time, it was common knowledge that the expacs would be #1 BC #2 Emerald Dream #3 Northrend. And Maelstrom was also in the mix (as per the old whiteboard maps of Azeroth).

Although this has never been confirmed, my theory has always been that Blizz eventually swapped the order of Lich King and ED, because otherwise that would be two expansions in a row where players left Azeroth. (Yes I know that ED is 'untainted' Azeroth, blah blah - you're still taking a portal to somewhere new). Point is, I believe they came to the conclusion that it would be a bad idea for players to leave "current day" Azeroth itself for such a length of time, and therefore bumped LK up to expac #2.

For that reason, I think Emerald Nightmare will be next, followed by Maelstrom/Undermine fourth. That would allow them to alternate expacs - one takes place in Azeroth, one takes place elsewhere :D :D

If you wanna continue that theory, expac 5 could then be CoT (not Azeroth), and 6 could then be the undiscovered continent that is shown off on globes in the Uld dungeons (back to Azeroth).

...it sounds far-fetched, but it really isn't. It's not random coincidence that Blizz has been shoving globes of all of Azeroth in out faces, and that there's a huge undiscovered continent on them. They're giving us their expac roadmap. The world map shows the gigantic maelstrom. The portals to ED are in the dame game, and have been since day 1. A globe showing a new landmass is featured prominently. These things are not random.

The "new continent/CoT" expacs are speculation on my part, but it's a fact that BC, LK, Maelstrom, and ED were the 4 expacs Blizz had in mind when WoW launched. The only thing that has changed is the order of their release.

Edit: Another fun fact - in the very very first days of WoW, waaay before beta and almost certainly even before the friends & family alpha, Northrend was planned to be a part of launch WoW. A little bit of it had even been modeled. Makes sense, considering the game was coming right after War3 Frozen Throne.

Angry Grimace

Healer nerd rage:

Being new to healing, and researching crap I'll pick up near endgame, I have noticed that prospective/new healers are spending upwards of 5K on my server for the trinket Je'Tze's Bell. But from what I see it's pretty damn similar to the 500g Darkmoon Card: Illusion.

The Je'Tze's Bell gives you a proc that gives: "100 mp5 for 15 seconds on your heals" ... which is about 300 mana per minute. The DM:I just gives you a flat 1200 mana on use, with a 5 min cooldown. But the Bell's proc is on a 45 sec C/D and only has a 10% proc rate anyways. So you're talking like one proc per minute; i.e. 1500 mana in 5 minutes. Which is 300 mana in 5 minutes over the DM: I, which you can use on command. In fact, it seems to me that the value of the Illusion card is in fact greater for everything other than fights that last exact intervals of 5 minutes.

Does Mp/5 scale other than giving mana at it's given rate, or is this just an overrated trink?

That bell trinket is considered one of the best for healers..........but no one should be forcing you to buy one

How many xpacs do you actually think WoW will have? At some point it has to become WoW 2 doesn't it? I don't see this going on for another 8 years lol

firex

Actually, I think that elemental planes + new races thing included Emerald Dream as a zone, but I can't remember the old leaked "planned list of zones/expansions." All I remember is in WoW beta on the forums, Tigole actually said Emerald Dream was supposed to be the final raid before the first expansion. Which makes sense considering the AQ storyline and its implications, but I think they pushed that back for Naxx because they knew TBC was going to be shown soon and they didn't want to spend all that time making a big story raid nobody would care about. The big oddity is that elemental planes expansion seemed to end with Emerald Dream or something like that as the level 99-100 zone, and then the next expansion was still capped at level 100, but it was all Burning Legion stuff. They're probably changing some of that stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can keep WoW lore going for another 2-3 expansions and go with Maelstrom, then Emerald Dream, and then Burning Legion. The main reason I expect Maelstrom next is I don't think they will do back-to-back-to-back huge Warcraft story figures, so the ED expansion would be an easy "hey remember this Warcraft hero, Furion?" kind of like Outland was all about Illidan and Wrath is all about Arthas, after an expansion that's seriously going to be focused mostly on aquatic mounts, evil artifacts of Sargeras, and the goblin capital.

The only part I don't believe of the Planes expansion was a set of 1-20 zones for new races. One was Pandaria (obviously not going to happen with China's influence on WoW's cash intake) and the other was Wolfenguard or Wolfengarde, something like that. While I think they might add new races to the game at some point, especially in a late expansion like that, I don't think Wolvar or Worgen and Pandaren will be those new races now. But they could easily have that new continent be a pair of 1-10 and 10-20 zones for a new horde and alliance race, or be higher levels if they do hero classes with those new races (or just advanced alts that start at like 55 or 60 or something but are a pre-existing class).

Still kind of puzzled if they stick with the level cap of 100 and do an expansion for people already at 100. It worked in EQ for awhile, but those expansions were really hardcore ones. Although maybe that's the idea with the final burning legion homeworld expansion: for the hardcores that stick around after Diablo 3 is out and their new MMO is coming soon/already out.

Angry Grimace

BigJonsson said:
That bell trinket is considered one of the best for healers..........but no one should be forcing you to buy one

How many xpacs do you actually think WoW will have? At some point it has to become WoW 2 doesn't it? I don't see this going on for another 8 years lol
Well it's not even remotely anymore; there are 2 separate trinkets with identical effects but larger that are raidboss drops; one of them is a Hard Mode YS drop even.

But that was sort of what I was saying; it seems kind of overrated for it's cost when you consider the actual mp5 broken down of both of them is within +/- 5 or 6 depending on fight length (obviously the static 1200 mana on use from Illusion would be much better in 1 min fight, but you wouldn't have a problem with mana conservation in a 1 minute fight).

Angry Grimace

firex said:
Actually, I think that elemental planes + new races thing included Emerald Dream as a zone, but I can't remember the old leaked "planned list of zones/expansions." All I remember is in WoW beta on the forums, Tigole actually said Emerald Dream was supposed to be the final raid before the first expansion. Which makes sense considering the AQ storyline and its implications, but I think they pushed that back for Naxx because they knew TBC was going to be shown soon and they didn't want to spend all that time making a big story raid nobody would care about. The big oddity is that elemental planes expansion seemed to end with Emerald Dream or something like that as the level 99-100 zone, and then the next expansion was still capped at level 100, but it was all Burning Legion stuff. They're probably changing some of that stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can keep WoW lore going for another 2-3 expansions and go with Maelstrom, then Emerald Dream, and then Burning Legion. The main reason I expect Maelstrom next is I don't think they will do back-to-back-to-back huge Warcraft story figures, so the ED expansion would be an easy "hey remember this Warcraft hero, Furion?" kind of like Outland was all about Illidan and Wrath is all about Arthas, after an expansion that's seriously going to be focused mostly on aquatic mounts, evil artifacts of Sargeras, and the goblin capital.

The only part I don't believe of the Planes expansion was a set of 1-20 zones for new races. One was Pandaria (obviously not going to happen with China's influence on WoW's cash intake) and the other was Wolfenguard or Wolfengarde, something like that. While I think they might add new races to the game at some point, especially in a late expansion like that, I don't think Wolvar or Worgen and Pandaren will be those new races now. But they could easily have that new continent be a pair of 1-10 and 10-20 zones for a new horde and alliance race, or be higher levels if they do hero classes with those new races (or just advanced alts that start at like 55 or 60 or something but are a pre-existing class).

Still kind of puzzled if they stick with the level cap of 100 and do an expansion for people already at 100. It worked in EQ for awhile, but those expansions were really hardcore ones. Although maybe that's the idea with the final burning legion homeworld expansion: for the hardcores that stick around after Diablo 3 is out and their new MMO is coming soon/already out.
Still think the new races will be Furbolgs and Horde-aligned Goblins. Why can't they do Pandas though? Everyone claims that Chinese people are so big a part of their money intake, but what does that have to do with anything...wouldn't Chinese people be happy that their national animal is in the game?

BTW, it's an Urban Legend that China doesn't allow animated pandas to be killed. Frozen Throne came out there with Pandaren in it as far as I know; I did hear (don't know how true it is) that some Chinese affliated organizations did ask for them to not be dressed as Samurai because samurai armor (while appearing generically Asian to most western games) is Japanese and not Chinse.

However, it is not an urban legend that the Undead are considered Taboo, especially visible bones, etc. Not only has Wrath not released in China at this point, but when it does there will be no Death Knight class, at least not under the same terms.

GDJustin

firex said:

Before WoW, it wasn't standard for MMO expansions to add +5 or +10 to the lvl cap - that was a WoW innovation. Most MMOs would expand "sideways," adding a handful of new zones tuned for the current max level.

Seems weird to think about that, now. MMo expansions are now synonymous with a new, higher level cap.

Then again, before WoW questing wasn't a big part of the MMO genre, either.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
Still think the new races will be Furbolgs and Horde-aligned Goblins. Why can't they do Pandas though? Everyone claims that Chinese people are so big a part of their money intake, but what does that have to do with anything...wouldn't Chinese people be happy that their national animal is in the game?

BTW, it's an Urban Legend that China doesn't allow animated pandas to be killed. Frozen Throne came out there with Pandaren in it as far as I know; I did hear (don't know how true it is) that some Chinese affliated organizations did ask for them to not be dressed as Samurai because samurai armor (while appearing generically Asian to most western games) is Japanese and not Chinse.
The not-so public rumor going around is talking about 2 base neutral races.
1) Ogri-la Ogres with an Instanced Starter Zone (Ogri-La most likely).
2) Goblins, but starting around Undermine/Steamwheedle Cartel?
From what I heard was they'll go through the starter quests and choose a side.

Not to mention talk about the possibility of a Battle-Mage class.

StormyTheRabbit said:
Hey, would anyone be interested in RAFing with me? I just have a few toons left I want to level up real fast.

If you have an account your trying to level some toons on, know enough about WoW that I'm not explaining everything to you constantly, and want to level a few toons quickly on Burning Blade US, please PM me.

Still trying to find someone.

Quake1028

Angry Grimace said:
Healer nerd rage:

Being new to healing, and researching crap I'll pick up near endgame, I have noticed that prospective/new healers are spending upwards of 5K on my server for the trinket Je'Tze's Bell. But from what I see it's pretty damn similar to the 500g Darkmoon Card: Illusion.

The Je'Tze's Bell gives you a proc that gives: "100 mp5 for 15 seconds on your heals" ... which is about 300 mana per minute. The DM:I just gives you a flat 1200 mana on use, with a 5 min cooldown. But the Bell's proc is on a 45 sec C/D and only has a 10% proc rate anyways. So you're talking like one proc per minute; i.e. 1500 mana in 5 minutes. Which is 300 mana in 5 minutes over the DM: I, which you can use on command. In fact, it seems to me that the value of the Illusion card is in fact greater for everything other than fights that last exact intervals of 5 minutes.

Does Mp/5 scale other than giving mana at it's given rate, or is this just an overrated trink?

That Bell goes for about 2.5k on my server. But yeah, seems overpriced, even at that number.

firex

Angry Grimace said:

However, it is not an urban legend that the Undead are considered Taboo, especially visible bones, etc. Not only has Wrath not released in China at this point, but when it does there will be no Death Knight class, at least not under the same terms.
I just don't think they'll do the Pandaren anyway, but I guess it's a possibility. It was a joke hero in Warcraft 3 that they kept for the expansion because, well, they like having fun and Samwise freaking loves Pandas (seriously, he hides them in a lot of his unofficial artwork) but I think Pandaria is kind of like Warcraft's version of the Cow level - they might add it but it will be more like an easter egg or for humor's sake, and not as a real lore zone. Instanced, neutral races sounds more likely to me, especially because they'd be easy to fit in to any expansion really.

I wonder about a new hero class, though. I kind of don't expect them to do one, even though I think a spellblade type of hero class would be awesome, but then I think if they did make a hero class, it'd be a healer of some sort, just so there would be more healers available. Of course, the thing with a spellblade hero for me is, I'm thinking of a class more like FF5/Dragon Quest 6's magic knight class where they just melee, but with spell effects added on via enchants, and have elemental strikes. Which is basically what a DK already is.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
I just don't think they'll do the Pandaren anyway, but I guess it's a possibility. It was a joke hero in Warcraft 3 that they kept for the expansion because, well, they like having fun and Samwise freaking loves Pandas (seriously, he hides them in a lot of his unofficial artwork) but I think Pandaria is kind of like Warcraft's version of the Cow level - they might add it but it will be more like an easter egg or for humor's sake, and not as a real lore zone. Instanced, neutral races sounds more likely to me, especially because they'd be easy to fit in to any expansion really.

I wonder about a new hero class, though. I kind of don't expect them to do one, even though I think a spellblade type of hero class would be awesome, but then I think if they did make a hero class, it'd be a healer of some sort, just so there would be more healers available. Of course, the thing with a spellblade hero for me is, I'm thinking of a class more like FF5/Dragon Quest 6's magic knight class where they just melee, but with spell effects added on via enchants, and have elemental strikes. Which is basically what a DK already is.
I expect either a) a spellcasting plate class, or b) an overhaul of Holy Paladins, because Holy Paladin's are the one remaining class that has an entire gearset only for them. Blizzard removed Feral Staves; but Spell/Int Plate is still in game and cannot be equipped by anyone but one subset of one class: Holy specced Paladins.

I personally feel that the latter is more likely than the former, because it doesn't seem likely that they would add another plate class in the event they chose to add a new class. They could easily do that by simply not putting any more Plate Spell Power items such that Holy Pallies would be forced by default to wear Mail.

Retro

GDJustin said:
Next Hero Class will be dedicated healer.

Next Hero Class will be a Monk. They'll use fist weapons, maces, staves, and daggers, and wear cloth and leather. This gives them access to Rogue DPS leather and daggers, DPS maces, Druid healing leather, maces, and staves, and healing cloth, so Blizz doesn't even need to seriously re-itemize.

Monks will use Mana. They will be able to dual-wield fist weapons, daggers, and maces from the start.

Their first talent tree will buff their direct heals and HoT abilities.
Their second talent tree will buff their DoTs, HoTs, and support abilities.
Their third talent tree will buff their Melee DPS and DoTs.

They will have 3 baseline heals, making them more of a 'support' healing class, with one direct heal with a casting time, one AOE heal centered on the monk, and a powerful self-only heal. They also have the ability to buff a target and redirect damage to themselves in the form of a stacking DoT, with the strong self-heal removing a stack.

They can, with talents, remove curse, poison, disease, and magic debuffs. They have short duration/distance (like warrior) buffs, and no rez ability.

They will fight like rogues, quickly attacking and dual-wielding from the start. Their combat will also be DotT-centric, and have multiple methods for stacking their three types of DoTs. Each DoT stacks to a maximum of 3 times; if the Monk attempts to apply a fourth stack, they 'overload' the DoT, causing a special effect to occur (so it's a bit like Combo Points). One of these DoT Overloads is a AoE healing effect.

Monks will have both a force pull (Death Grip) and a force push (Single Target Thunderstorm), making them powerful territory controllers. This makes up for their lack of rogue stealth and offsets the fact that they are melee fighters wearing light armor.

They will have one ranged attack to start, but their second talent tree will add another. An early talent in their combat tree will also allow them to equip throwing weapons. Monks have no relic slot.

Monks are expected to provide healing in all situations, even when focusing on melee combat. They excel in melee-heavy groups because of their short range ‘splash’ heals, but have the ability to heal in almost all situations. They do not make the best main healers (So they will not replace current healer roles), but can fill this role if needed. Their damage capacity is excellent, and they can assume a DPS role without much difficulty.

Lain

GDJustin said:
Before WoW, it wasn't standard for MMO expansions to add +5 or +10 to the lvl cap - that was a WoW innovation. Most MMOs would expand "sideways," adding a handful of new zones tuned for the current max level.

Seems weird to think about that, now. MMo expansions are now synonymous with a new, higher level cap.

Then again, before WoW questing wasn't a big part of the MMO genre, either.

Well, until PoP (I stopped playing after that one), EQ raised the level cap with each expansion, as far as I remember, so saying that was a WoW innovation isn't exactly true imho.

keeblerdrow said:
Then you haven't been to Azshara, sir.

funkmastergeneral said:
Wow. The Charred Vale in Stonetalon may be the absolute worst spot to quest there is.

There is a tiny little section of Stonetalon that can be accurately labeled Hell. A lowbie Horde is encouraged to go visit around lvl 18-20. All the mobs are about level 17. Except you can't aggro less than 3 at a time, they all flee, they are packed insanely tightly, some of them cast Earth Shock, and all in all it's the worst place in the fucking game.

Angry Grimace

Retro said:
Next Hero Class will be a Monk. They'll use fist weapons, maces, staves, and daggers, and wear cloth and leather. This gives them access to Rogue DPS leather and daggers, DPS maces, Druid healing leather, maces, and staves, and healing cloth, so Blizz doesn't even need to seriously re-itemize.

Monks will use Mana. They will be able to dual-wield fist weapons, daggers, and maces from the start.

They will have 3 baseline heals, making them more of a 'support' healing class, with one direct heal with a casting time, one AOE heal centered on the monk, and a powerful self-only heal. They also have the ability to buff a target and redirect damage to themselves in the form of a stacking DoT, with the strong self-heal removing a stack.

They can, with talents, remove curse, poison, disease, and magic debuffs. They have short duration/distance (like warrior) buffs, and no rez ability.

They will fight like rogues, quickly attacking and dual-wielding from the start. Their combat will also be DotT-centric, and have multiple methods for stacking their three types of DoTs. Each DoT stacks to a maximum of 3 times; if the Monk attempts to apply a fourth stack, they 'overload' the DoT, causing a special effect to occur (so it's a bit like Combo Points). One of these DoT Overloads is a AoE healing effect.

Monks will have both a force pull (Death Grip) and a force push (Single Target Thunderstorm), making them powerful territory controllers. This makes up for their lack of rogue stealth and offsets the fact that they are melee fighters wearing light armor.

They will have one ranged attack to start, but their second talent tree will add another. An early talent in their combat tree will also allow them to equip throwing weapons. Monks have no relic slot.

Monks are expected to provide healing in all situations, even when focusing on melee combat. They excel in melee-heavy groups because of their short range ‘splash’ heals, but have the ability to heal in almost all situations. They do not make the best main healers (So they will not replace current healer roles), but can fill this role if needed. Their damage capacity is excellent, and they can assume a DPS role without much difficulty.
Pandaren Brewmaster, sir.

knicks

Interested in selling my warrior. My player has a complete dominate DPS set and a healthy tanking and PVP set. The transfer is currently up on all char. on my account. There is around 14,500 gold on the warrior! Nearly 500 achievements complete. I have over 50 mounts. Almost exalted with all major cities. Have 403 BS, 450 Mining, and 400 Cooking. Also has the rare tabard of frost.

Rare mounts that I own are the Wintersaber Mount, Grand Black War Mammoth that carries passengers, Black War Bear, have all nether drakes and nether rays, and the Albino Drake! I also have dual spec boughten.

Alts on my account include a 70 priest and a 62 warrior.

DPS Set:
Full Five Piece T7.5 DPS Set.
Fool's Trial Neck
Hammerhead Sharkskin Cloak
Bracers of Unrelenting Attack
Girdle of Razuvious
Sabatons of Sudden Reprisal
Ring of Invincibility
Ruthlessness
Bandit's Insignia
Mirror of Truth

Tank Set:

T7.5 Prot Chest
T7.5 Gloves
T7 Legs
Naxx Epic Bracers, Helmet, Shoulders, Neck, Cloak

PVP Set:

Deadly Chest
Hateful Helmet
Hateful Legs
Hateful Shoulders
Deadly Belt
Deadly Neck
Hateful Ring
Deadly Cloak
Deadly Ring
Titan-forged Greaves of Triumph
Platinum Disks of Battle
Titan-forged Rune of Determination

Weapons: Betrayer of Humanity and Armagadeon

Prot Weapons: Last Laugh and Wall of Terror

PM for more details.

Looking for $300.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Retro said:

you know all this huh?

anyway, i don't see why the next hero class would be a healer. they already have priest, druid, shaman and paladin. death knight was needed cause the only tanking classes were warrior, druid and paladin.

of course the only other alternative then is DPS.... and there's already plenty of that.

maybe a niche of DPS? What about ranged physical DPS? The only class that fills that role is the hunter. there's already plenty of melee DPS and ranged magical DPS. ranged physical DPS is rather under represented.

edit: updated my post cause i forgot about the paladin. lol

GDJustin

Lain said:
Well, until PoP (I stopped playing after that one), EQ raised the level cap with each expansion, as far as I remember, so saying that was a WoW innovation isn't exactly true imho.

Nah, most EQ expansions didn't raise level cap. The first expac raised the cap from 50 to 60, but expacs 2 & 3 didn't move the cap. PoP (expac 4) raised it to 65. The next three expacs kept the cap at 65. It took eight expansions to raise the cap from 50 to 70 in EQ1.

I had to double check wikis to make sure this was the case, though.

Scrow said:
anyway, i don't see why the next hero class would be a healer. they already have priest, druid and shaman. death knight was needed cause the only tanking classes were warrior and druid.

Wat? Pals tank. There has always been three healing classes, three tanking classes (now 4 with DKs).

Retro said:

sounds like a bear shaman from AoC , melee class who could heal. Pretty good actually

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
GDJustin said:
Wat? Pals tank. There has always been three healing classes, three tanking classes (now 4 with DKs).
wow, lol. totally forgot about the pally. my bad.

in any case that also means i can add the pally to the list of healers.

healers: druid, shaman, priest, paladin
tanks: death knight, druid, warrior, paladin

i still stand by my previous statement about not needing another healer and the game needing another ranged physical DPS.

Retro

Scrow said:
you know all this huh?

Nah, I just get tired of people posting lame ideas for hero classes that break the current class balance / don't fit the game / etc. For example, if I heard "Archdruid" thrown around one more time, I'm just gonna snap.

Anyways, it's sort of a pet project of mine that I poke at from time to time to kill a few hours now and then.

Scrow said:
anyway, i don't see why the next hero class would be a healer. they already have priest, druid and shaman.

.... and Paladin.

Scrow said:
death knight was needed cause the only tanking classes were warrior and druid.

.... AND PALADIN. Geez.

Scrow said:
ranged physical DPS is rather under represented.

You are aware that before DKs came along, Hunters were the "Can't swing a dead cat" class, right? That there are still a ton of hunters playing, right?

The reason I think a healing class should be next, especially one that heals via combat and has to be 'in the fray', is that DKs have nicely wrapped up the tanking problem (more or less), but healers are still considered hard to find, and most of them really aren't that fun to play for the majority of players.

Combat-centric healer + starting at level 55 + cool new class = more healers. Every single spec for the Monk class, at least as far as I have designed it, can heal. Even the melee class has access to decent splash heals (IE: heals that occur automatically from actions in combat.)

SuperAndroid17 said:
sounds like a bear shaman from AoC , melee class who could heal. Pretty good actually

Thanks. Kind of a pet project, like I said.

Gloomfire said:
That Bell goes for about 2.5k on my server. But yeah, seems overpriced, even at that number.

I think it only stays high for the non-pvp and non-raiders. I'm not sure what these people do otherwise once they hit 80, but there are a bunch of items like this that top BiS BoE lists for people that don't like to raid.

Retro said:
The reason I think a healing class should be next, especially one that heals via combat and has to be 'in the fray', is that DKs have nicely wrapped up the tanking problem (more or less), but healers are still considered hard to find, and most of them really aren't that fun to play for the majority of players.

This is exactly why I could see Blizzard making a healing hero class, or at least changing the restrictions on creating new characters so people can start at 55/65 if they've already got a character at the cap.

Retro

Son of Godzilla said:
Hunters are also almost 50% magic damage too.

Meh, there are still more than enough classes that can stand back and DPS, we don't need another one. On top of that, what would a "Ranged physical DPS" class be besides a hunter with less 'magic' shots? What are they going to use, throwing weapons? Boomerangs?

StormyTheRabbit said:
Hey, would anyone be interested in RAFing with me? I just have a few toons left I want to level up real fast.

If you have an account your trying to level some toons on, know enough about WoW that I'm not explaining everything to you constantly, and want to level a few toons quickly on Burning Blade US, please PM me.

Still looking.

firex

Something like Shadow Hunter from Warcraft 3 would be good, but they already used Shadow Hunter on crappy troll mobs in Arathi and Hinterlands.

edit: that said, if you made the Monk class you designed into a 2h or 1h + shield melee, you essentially get LOTRO's Captain class. They use melee combos to set up an instant group heal + hot.

Retro

firex said:
Something like Shadow Hunter from Warcraft 3 would be good, but they already used Shadow Hunter on crappy troll mobs in Arathi and Hinterlands.

The problem there is, if you make a Hero Class that is basically a better hunter, why have a hunter anymore? This is the same problem with Demon Hunter and Archdruid: they replace other classes outright.

firex said:
edit: that said, if you made the Monk class you designed into a 2h or 1h + shield melee, you essentially get LOTRO's Captain class. They use melee combos to set up an instant group heal + hot.

The Monk, so far as I have designed it, feels like a non-stealthing Rogue and a Paladin, with a lot of the damage redirection of a Vanguard Blood Mage (taking damage onto yourself where you quickly self-heal, spreading incoming damage from a single target to multiple targets to defray it, etc.).

Blood Mage is seriously the funnest healing class I have ever seen.

StormyTheRabbit said:

I might be missing something, but doesn't one of the people need to start a brand new account for RAF to work? Maybe it's just the wording that's confusing me.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Retro said:
.... and Paladin.

.... AND PALADIN. Geez.
you obviously replied to my post before the edits :p what can i say... paladins are easily forgotten. ;)

Retro said:
You are aware that before DKs came along, Hunters were the "Can't swing a dead cat" class, right? That there are still a ton of hunters playing, right?
sure. there's heaps of hunters. but i'm not talking about representation of a class, i'm talking about representation of role/niche.

Retro said:
Combat-centric healer + starting at level 55 + cool new class = more healers.
i'd hope that any hero class in the next xpac starts at 65.

Retro said:
The problem there is, if you make a Hero Class that is basically a better hunter, why have a hunter anymore? This is the same problem with Demon Hunter and Archdruid: they replace other classes outright.
that depends entirely on how blizzard implements the class. if they do.

letsbereasonable said:
I might be missing something, but doesn't one of the people need to start a brand new account for RAF to work? Maybe it's just the wording that's confusing me.
I believe you can RAF someone who's been frozen for 6+ months too. Not certain.

letsbereasonable said:

Yeah you need a new account, but I think you can maybe do it with a frozen account or something. Either way, just hoping to find someone to RA

firex

Retro said:
Shadow Hunter wouldn't be a pet class, though. It's just a throwing weapon class that can also heal. Well, if we're going off the Warcraft 3 hero. Although really, nearly everything that hero got is now shaman spells. But the idea is there, as some kind of ranged physical dps that uses mana to heal.

Archdruid doesn't really work, but a basic idea that could be similar would be good if you ask me: some kind of caster pet class that can heal. It could basically be a pet class where you have one real pet, and one guardian-type pet (i.e. uncontrollable auto-defense) out at a time, and it would wear cloth and leather, like druids. It could have a completely different feel, though, such as having limited hots but tons of quick/instant regular heals. My basic idea for this is that even as a dps class, you would learn to heal because you'd be taking care of your pet and your guardian helper/s as you leveled and learned the class. So even soloing, you'd be healing like 3 different people at once - yourself and your minions.

Maybe making a class where it's easy to learn to heal others is a worse idea than just making a class where it's flat-out easy to heal others, though.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The next Hero class would be something from the warcraft series not in WoW.

If they go the same way they did with Death Knight I can almost guess which class would be next based on where the expansion goes.

If it's Maelstrom it would be Demon Hunter of some kind. Like a rogue without stealth, and they're blind and can only see magic. That would be really cool.

If it's Emerald dream then it's a new Druid class of some kind.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If I started a Paladin and went 1-80. about how long would it take? 2-4 weeks or so playing casually? I want to try something different and never picked up Paladin (or Druid) before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom