• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

I don't think it will be a problem at all getting that 300 riding discount. Just run heroics without a tabard (or a guild tabard) on and within like 3-4 instances you would be exalted.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
I don't think it will be a problem at all getting that 300 riding discount. Just run heroics without a tabard (or a guild tabard) on and within like 3-4 instances you would be exalted.
Huh?

Running heroics without a tabard only gives you Alliance or Horde Expedition rep for Northrend, and the faction discounts only apply to Honor Hold or Thrallmar trainers.

firex

The thing you pasted specifically said horde expedition or whatever the alliance equivalent is are included as faction discounts.

edit: oh wait, I see what you mean. it's Warsong Offensive. still, that's really easy to get to revered, so exalted wouldn't be too far off.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
The thing you pasted specifically said horde expedition or whatever the alliance equivalent is are included as faction discounts.

edit: oh wait, I see what you mean. it's Warsong Offensive. still, that's really easy to get to revered, so exalted wouldn't be too far off.
I see what you mean, I guess I didn't see that it was saying Horde and Valiance Expedition.

Even so, you have to realize that the amount of rep required to run ANY rep from Neutral to Exalted is generally not worth it vis-a-vis grinding out an extra 500g. And it's most likely that you'll already have Honored with Honor Hold. The only time I guess it would "matter" is for Alts at 80 that don't already have the flight training.

Belfast

Man, still cant' download the PTR patch. Servers may not be open, but this still sucks. It just says that I'm not authorized to download it.

Angry Grimace

Sounds to me like the final boss is Anub'arak, just moved out of Azjol'Nerub. It was weird enough that Anub'arak was a level 72 instance boss in the first place. At least going by that achievement title and the fact that it's about killing "scarabs." But I guess it could be some totally random Nerubian.

Achievement: "Defeat Talon King Ikiss while wearing a Pilgrim's Hat and either a Pilgrim's Dress, Robe, or Attire."

More achievements like that please. :lol

And what on Earth is "Pirate Day / Day of the Dead." I wonder what's up with those "tier sets." The bonuses on them seem...uninspired. They aren't superior to the ones from T8, so I have to wonder if this is a true "upgrade" set.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
DeathNote said:
wtf I can login on my notebook but not my desktop.

I was logged in, windows did an update, it restarted, it detected and set up a second monitor, now it's messed up....

Edit: It was stuck on "connecting" on my desktop. Then it would pop up with a link to a website with trouble shooting. Now it's saying "login server is down" all while I can login on my notebook on the same network.

Edit 2: I took out the second monitor and uninstalled the updates using the add/uninstall app. I don't know if that helped or if something funky was going on for an hour. When I go to windows updates the updates I maybe uninstalled don't show up.
WTF I can't login again.

Same thing is going on. I can login on my notebook.

I set windows updates to ask me to install, so I have yet to install anything.

VaLiancY

Flib said:
yeah, but who raids as BM?

That's what Blizzard wants to change, I doubt will ever have all three raid specs on the same level but they said they want to help BM DPS and this maybe the way they want to change it along with other upcoming changes.

Tamanon

Banned
Thank god Blizz finally added objectives and icons to quests. Now we dont' have to depend on Questhelper being constantly updated.:D

BTW, as a leveling cat druid, anybody have info on what the Glyph of Claw does that they added?

Flib

Angry Grimace said:
Sounds to me like the final boss is Anub'arak, just moved out of Azjol'Nerub. It was weird enough that Anub'arak was a level 72 instance boss in the first place. At least going by that achievement title and the fact that it's about killing "scarabs." But I guess it could be some totally random Nerubian.

Achievement: "Defeat Talon King Ikiss while wearing a Pilgrim's Hat and either a Pilgrim's Dress, Robe, or Attire."

More achievements like that please. :lol

And what on Earth is "Pirate Day / Day of the Dead." I wonder what's up with those "tier sets." The bonuses on them seem...uninspired. They aren't superior to the ones from T8, so I have to wonder if this is a true "upgrade" set.

He definitely is, the dataminers at MMOChampion found that somehow the floor breaks in the instance and you fight your way through a nerubian area.

argentcoliseum_04.jpg

argentcoliseum_01.jpg

firex

oh, that's kind of lame. I remember them saying there would be an azjol-nerub raid, but if that's what the AN raid will be... that's pretty disappointing.

Xabora

VaLiancY said:
Diglet dig Diglet dig.
Armor DBC said:
Khadgar's Regalia
Sundtrider's Regalia
Gul'dan's Regalia
Kel'Thuzad's Regalia
Velen's Raiment
Zabra's Raiment
Velen's Regalia
Zabra's Regalia
Stormrage's Garb
Runetotem's Garb
Stormrage's Regaila
Runetotem's Regalia
Stormrage's Battlegear
Runetotem's Battlegear
VanCleef's Battlegear
Garona's Battlegear
Windrunner's Battlegear
Windrunner's Pursuit
Nobundo's Garb
Thrall's Garb
Thrall's Regalia
Nobundo's Regalia

Theres some more.

EDIT: Its unique gear per faction.
Allaince said:
Khadgar's Regalia
Kel'Thuzad's Regalia
Velen's Raiment
Velen's Regalia
Stormrage's Garb
Stormrage's Regaila
Stormrage's Battlegear
VanCleef's Battlegear
Nobundo's Garb
Nobundo's Regalia

Alliance & Horde? said:
Windrunner's Battlegear
Windrunner's Pursuit

Horde said:
Sundtrider's Regalia
Gul'dan's Regalia
Zabra's Raiment
Zabra's Regalia
Runetotem's Garb
Runetotem's Regalia
Runetotem's Battlegear
Garona's Battlegear
Thrall's Garb
Thrall's Regalia

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Theres some more.

Its unique gear per faction.
Not sure how much I like the idea of CC dropping gear as standard that exceeds Ulduar Hard mode gear o_O.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
Not sure how much I like the idea of CC dropping gear as standard that exceeds Ulduar Hard mode gear o_O.
Yeah.

These dont have set data.
Liadrin Pally DPS
Turalyon Pally Tank
Turalyon Pally Heal
Koltira DK DPS
Thassarian DK Tank
Wrynn Warrior DPS
Wrynn Warrior Tank

Angry Grimace

Seems like it would make more sense if CC-10 dropped 226, CC-25 dropped 232, and then 239 and 245 in hard modes rather than everything in 25 man being 245. That seems like it trivialized Ulduar a bit, the only thing that makes it less so is because of the attempt limit, *shrug*

VaLiancY

It's going to be a pain in the ass getting back to WoW and doing Uludar to step my gear game back up again before tackling this new stuff. ;[

"Okay, what do I do here?"

I like the idea of sets with the Heroes' names. I guess that's an Alliance hunter set with a Vereesa theme and a Horde hunter set with a Sylvanas theme? I wonder if it will be as revealing as what Sylvanas is wearing right now. :D And will Vereesa's look like Rogue S4 gear? :lol They need to give her an unique model or at least unique gear like Sylvanas.

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
It's going to be a pain in the ass getting back to WoW and doing Uludar to step my gear game back up again before tackling this new stuff. ;[

"Okay, what do I do here?"
From what we're seeing here, you basically dont' have to. :lol

VaLiancY

Angry Grimace said:
From what we're seeing here, you basically dont' have to. :lol

I have a feeling that will happen but I'll give that awkward answer in Ventrilo during raid times that everyone hates.

"val, it's the like x fight in Uludar."
"Umm, well you see I didn't do that fight....the rest of the boss fights too"

Proc

VaLiancY said:
I have a feeling that will happen but I'll give that awkward answer in Ventrilo during raid times that everyone hates.

"val, it's the like x fight in Uludar."
"Umm, well you see I didn't do that fight....the rest of the boss fights too"

It's not your fault blizz turned this game into world of badgecraft. :lol

Just tell them to not hate the player, but hate the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Angry Grimace said:
If the Lich King somehow got captured and was the final boss of the Coleseum, it would be hilarious.

I meant that maybe he shows up with a 'sick of this shit' attitude and tries to finish the party right then and there, but either he underestimates everyone or Tirion shows up and weakens him (which would make killing him in 3.3 more believable, since he's so goddamn powerful) or its the whole holy ground situation from the Death Knight quests again.

But the reason I have a good suspicion about this is the story behind the tournament has been that the black knight is there sent by the lich king to assassinate the strongest fighters, the black knight wasn't placeholder'd like the last boss of the 10/25 man version so I'm thinking it's going to be a huge surprise.

markot

Banned
Theyll probably redeem him somehow >.< he will still die but itll be the battle between the 'boy' him and the Nerzhul him, then he gets killed or something. Calling it!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
markot said:
Theyll probably redeem him somehow >.< he will still die but itll be the battle between the 'boy' him and the Nerzhul him, then he gets killed or something. Calling it!

I think they made it clear they aren't doing that.

Wow, now those are some garbage set bonuses.

Angry Grimace said:
And Blizzard will nerf your T8 bonuses to make them more attractive. :lol

Nah, Hunt t8 is already complete garbage, this doesn't really mean anything. The focus thing is fucking hilarious though.

firex said:
oh, that's kind of lame. I remember them saying there would be an azjol-nerub raid, but if that's what the AN raid will be... that's pretty disappointing.

Dude, they cancelled the AN raid ages ago. I see this as a neat surprise more than anyhting else.

And that tickbug thing is totally not the end boss. That'd be stupid as hell.

Okay, I was going to say it in my other post that I edited out, but Wowhead's new big database: Profiler is fully up now.

It has nearly every single WoW character indexed from what I can see, and you can search by name (partial searches as well), race, class, level, etc. It still has the 200 results per search limit like usual but it's really awesome. Armory is going to be crying itself to sleep. You can also add a new profile, which lets you basically build a new character from scratch. You add gear, talents, glyphs, and choose the character's race and class among a few other things. It's perfect for creating a dream version of your character and seeing the stats and the model. There are still some bugs, but considering it launched only last night, it's pretty awesome.

Also us Alliance rogues got completely owned with T9. I can't believe our T9 is named after a level 20 instance boss. They could've totally went with Valeera Sanguinar (despite being a Blood Elf, she's still a friend of the Alliance and an enemy of the Horde), but nope. VanCleef it was.

But despite that - for those who have seen them (World of Raids has them, and they're down), how awesome are the Alliance Coliseum weapons compared to the horde ones? Especially the guns. Alliance get fucking Sniper Rifles while Horde get stuck with pissy little Flare guns.

EDIT:
alliance-rifles.jpg
vs.
horde-rifles.jpg

I wonder who wins.

ToddG15

I’m currently leveling a warrior alt (almost 62 atm) and the pve heirloom shoulders, haste heirloom trinket and the bloodied arcanite reaper. Any tips on a spec and rotation? I’ve tried searching for warrior leveling guides but couldn’t find anything fairly recent. I’m currently spec’ed for dual wielding 2 handers but am wondering if I am doing something wrong rotation wise or if I should change my spec, as I take a ton of damage on same level mobs (and usually dying against 3 mobs or more, sometimes just 2) and have to stop and bandage/eat every 1-2 pulls. Or maybe this is just how warriors are… I’ve only leveled a druid and hunter to 80 and both of those classes had fairly little downtime. Help?

Macattk15

Awesome.

Did FL + 4 and XT hard mode in 25 man last night. Got some sweet Plated Leggings of Ruination too!

Tonight we're going for Hodir and Thorim hard mode.

Looks more like a miniature cannon tied to a stock than a flare gun. I think the weapon designs are fairly even (overall). The maces for both sides are incredibly weak, though.

Alex

Those guns are both very cool. I hope it means good things for the tier sets in general. My Ulduar set was quite hideous, which is extremely lame considering T7 was just a reskin and they had plenty of time to model T8.

Scum

I've got over 300 Stone Keeper Shards on my Horde Warlock. Will I be able to get a BoA item for use on my lvl 40 Alliance Retribution Paladin? If so, what would be good to get?

Or maybe I should just get a mount? :lol

Macattk15

Scum said:
I've got over 300 Stone Keeper Shards on my Horde Warlock. Will I be able to get a BoA item for use on my lvl 40 Alliance Retribution Paladin? If so, what would be good to get?

Or maybe I should just get a mount? :lol

No you cannot use heirloom items from your horde character on your alliance character even if they are on the same server.

I've tried for the heck of it.

I'm on the PTR right now checking shit out. They have the Emblem of Triumph gear up for sale for gold so I got everything that would be good for a Rogue. There's a helm, shoulders, a ring, and some trinkets. That trinket there is what I think is the best one. The cooldown is really 2 minutes.

I also had to re-gem because of the Dragonseye nerf. I just got some of the shifting epic gems for the blue slots and put some new delicate dragon's eyes in some red slots where I had scarlet rubys. I ended up with 10 more AP and .10% more crit by doing that and I haven't gotten epic gems to replace the rest of my blue gems so that's a nice little buff I'll be getting. I just need to stack up on emblems of heroism or valor to buy the gems because they sell for 15 emblems of heroism. I can also prospect titanium ore and get epic gems. And I can also turn in 10 this dust I sometimes get from prospecting titanium for something. I don't know exactly what. Maybe my choice of epic gems or a JC token.

Going to check out the Tournament area next.

Flib

I copied my character over and threw some premades on as well, downloaded it over night. Gonna jump on and check it out before we start in the ulduar keepers tonight.

Hallo everyone! I'll be honest, haven't really stepped in here before. I now know how it feels for anyone to enter the Rock Band thread. :p

I'm off to the WoW/Warcraft 3 regional finals for US/Europe this weekend, and during that time will be interviewing Tom Chilton, one of the designers on WoW - who Gamespy described as "Blizzard's PvP guru". As the people who play it most will probably have their things they want to know, I'd love to help if there's anything you're interested in finding out about developing the game, PvP, future changes... if you just let me know anything you want me to ask about, that'd be great. Cheers!

Quake1028

I must be doing something wrong. I switched to 57/3/11 Arcane spec from 0/53/18 Fire spec, and my DPS has dropped. Reading that EJ Arcane thread, it says the max DPS rotation for Arcane is AB x 2, then AM whether MB procs or not. I'm seeing about 2.3K sustained DPS, and not much higher in single target fights. This is well under what I was doing as deep fire spec. I have the recommended glyphs, I'm following the rotation, I really have no clue what the problem is. I'm hitcapped for Arcane, I've gained SP from the swich, so none of this makes any sense.

Scum

Macattk15 said:
No you cannot use heirloom items from your horde character on your alliance character even if they are on the same server.

I've tried for the heck of it.
:-(

Oh well. It's a good thing I asked first.

firex

no. the PTR is its own separate realm and it gets wiped when they close it. That's why most people do premades.

edit: also you might need more haste or something with arcane. FFB as far as I know is pretty heavily crit based, while arcane is more about the haste. And shouldn't you mix in arcane barrage at the end of AM? Maybe I have it wrong but I can't see that being a net dps loss, but who knows.

Gloomfire said:
Does the stuff you buy/get on the PTR carry over to the normal servers?

No. Nothing you do there carries over. It's the perfect place for testing out specs and stuff since you can blow all your gold and badges and do whatever you want.

Flib

This is the first time I've thrown some premades onto the ptr (I usually just use my regular character), but how good is the gear that comes with them? I know they have epics, but what ilevel?

TomServo

Gloomfire said:
I must be doing something wrong. I switched to 57/3/11 Arcane spec from 0/53/18 Fire spec, and my DPS has dropped. Reading that EJ Arcane thread, it says the max DPS rotation for Arcane is AB x 2, then AM whether MB procs or not. I'm seeing about 2.3K sustained DPS, and not much higher in single target fights. This is well under what I was doing as deep fire spec. I have the recommended glyphs, I'm following the rotation, I really have no clue what the problem is. I'm hitcapped for Arcane, I've gained SP from the swich, so none of this makes any sense.

I've never played a mage, and ours are very good but very flaky... I have noticed that they've all abandoned arcane and fire in Uldaur25. We had one hit 10K dps sustained on Hodir a couple of weeks into 3.1. He's a freaking machine though, why he raids with us is beyond me.

If it's anything like warlocks, sometimes the top spreadsheet dps has a hard time converting into real world dps for us mere mortals. Prior to 3.1 afflcition was the top dps spec for 'locks, but I'd bury our very competent affliction 'lock on every fight in Naxx using a total /faceroll hybrid spec (that has since been destroyed by moving one talent from destro to demo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom