• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
funkmastergeneral said:
When I'm on my shaman I have to ask for a levitate otherwise I'll never make the jump :(

As a priest, I use it every time. But if someone asked me for it, I'd gladly give it to them. Better that they recognize that they can't do it, than to fall and miss EVERY TIME.

TomServo

Gloomfire said:
These people that want everyone to be 3.5k/4k+ are absurd.

They're probably just doing it for different reasons.

I'd venture that most of them are experienced raiders who're on alts and don't want to be bothered with people who need to learn the encounters and/or learn how to play their class. Some may be on their mains going back for a certain piece of gear (TTT is still a damn nice MH for casters) or just for quick money and badges. It may be a raiding guild running for enchanting mats but need to PUG a few spots.

If it were my PUG, I'd head straight to Patchwerk. If the healers can't keep the tank up and/or there are dps that can't hit 3.5K just standing there and going all out then I'd start replacing people. 3.5K-4K dps isn't hard to pull off in heroic gear.

commish said:
Pugging Thadd is infuriating. I have yet to defeat him in a pug. Most just skip him after 2 attempts. When I miss out guild runs and have to pug, I dread it for just this very boss. RUN TO THE OTHER SIDE. How hard is that... I mean, really.....

Thaddius is like Heigen in that you have to know what to do and react on your own, instead of waiting for someone else to react and simply following them. Primary difference is that Heigen can be five-manned while losing too many people on Thaddius makes hitting the enrage timer a distinct possibility.

Quake1028

It's not hard to pull off, but it's not necessary for Naxx, either. Like I said, we only ask for 2.5k and we have very successful runs. Of course we have a few who lie and go under that, but we also have a lot that end up being 3 and 3.5k plus. We had 1 wipe last week (on Thad :lol ), and that was it. Some of the kills were a bit sloppy, but that place is such a faceroll that it didn't matter.

On the Thad jump, we just have a hunter on each side put on Aspect of the Pack, and I always use my slow fall.

Eteric Rice said:
They really should have gone the EverQuest II route and seperated how each ability works in PVE and PVP situations.

Because really, this shit is hard to fix when you have to worry about a buff or nerf to one part of the game fucking up the other.

Coming from FFXI, I'm flabbergasted that they didn't. It seems like such an obvious oversight.

So my "main" (only character I've taken past level 7 or 8 to this point) is a 58 warrior, but I just rolled a mage on another server. Any general tips for a new caster?

Fularu

Banned
Xabora said:
Yes.
Hardmode bosses are guaranteed fragments also.

No. Out of all our hard modes this week, we didn't get a single fragment.. the ones we got were all from regular kills (like pignis or Razorscale/Kologarn), was quite funny actually.

We're halfway through our second mace, they take forever to make -.-

yacobod

Banned
Gloomfire said:
You got pretty lucky to be let into a 25 man Naxx that quickly. PUGs on our server want everything short of your birth certificate to get in. When we run PUGs, which we do now, we ask for 2k DPS for OS25, and 2.5k DPS for Naxx25 and VoA25. Haven't ever had a problem. These people that want everyone to be 3.5k/4k+ are absurd.

honestly i went in there with my boe valor bracers, some crafted lw epics, engineering gun, nobles deck, i did 4.2k dps on patchwork last night, so i'm farily competent on my hunter, and my gear wasnt super bad (think i was in 3 crafted blues/rest starter level epics), its just that i hit 80 on monday, but there were some planning on getting the toon raid ready asap

and i'm on a very high pop server, so its easy to find pug runs

goddammit, nothing I do fixes my DK's DPS.

I'm currently frost and my rotation is:

1st rotation

IT>PS>OB>BSx2>FSx2 (3 if killing strike or w.e procs)

2nd rotation

IT>PS>OBx2>FSx2 (3 again, if killing strike or w.e procs)

Here's my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&n=Bhong

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I average about 2.5k dps in heroics and maybe 3k-3.5k in raids. But I never show up on my overall raids meters. Even though my individual one shows me doing good dps.

Xabora

StormyTheRabbit said:

1st rotation

2nd rotation

Here's my armory:

I average about 2.5k dps in heroics and maybe 3k-3.5k in raids. But I never show up on my overall raids meters. Even though my individual one shows me doing good dps.
Try this

1st: IT>PS>BSx2>OB>FS Spam
2nd :IT>IT>IT>PS>OB>FS Spam
Make sure you're in unholy presence
And weave in Frost Strikes when KM Procs.

And my armory for ref: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Ardhavara

Couple Macros to use:
Cast this first, req double fast tap (make sure you have about 90ish RP. )
Code:
#showtooltip Blood Tap
/cast Blood Tap
/cast Unbreakable Armor

Then this.
Code:
#showtooltip Deathchill
/use 13
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Deathchill
13 is the first trinket slot, change the number to 14 if you want to use the lower one.

Cipherr

Legjend said:
Holy shit fuck the last boss in Oculus.

That was an epic moment at WoTLK release, when 10 or so of our guilds hardcores rushed to 80 in like 2 days cleared out all the heroics in t6 stuff :lol :lol :lol 'ing at how easy it was, and just before heading to Naxx slipped in to knock out the last heroic, Occulus, and it put us on our ass for quite a while :lol. I never pugged that on my main, my god.

As for PUG's on my server on alts I pugg Naxx 25 and 10 and we often take new 80's in greens. The thing about Naxx is you can carry half the raid if the other half are experienced alts. As long as half of your people know their shit and know their alts class, the rest can just be bodies to soak up the Mutating Injections and Detonate Manas.

Stuff that bads fail on like Heigan is designed so a handful of people can whittle them down given the time.

StormyTheRabbit said:

1st rotation

2nd rotation

Here's my armory:

Pretty sure your 2nd rotation can be OBx3>FSxwhatever

Magnus

Fularu said:
No. Out of all our hard modes this week, we didn't get a single fragment.. the ones we got were all from regular kills (like pignis or Razorscale/Kologarn), was quite funny actually.

We're halfway through our second mace, they take forever to make -.-

I'm convinced we won't even get mine (our first one) made at this rate. 10 fragments in nearly 3 months...fuck.

CassSept said:
Sometimes it feels as if half of this board was ignoring me :<

Btw, also got Fang of Oblivion yesterday, the design is just incredible <3
http://i30.tinypic.com/mt05z5.jpg

Soooooo jealous! My guild keeps skipping out on trying Iron Council hard mode (we tried it one night with like 25 minutes to spare and got him down to ~40% on our best attempt), yet we'll hit our heads on the wall for 2+ hours with XT's Heartbreaker despite having to sub in some not-quite as geared replacements all because "we've done it before". Oh yeah and what the heck are you wearing?? I thought you were a priest at first and got the caster version of the same skinned weapon.

Xabora said:
Try this

1st: IT>PS>BSx2>OB>FS Spam
2nd :IT>IT>IT>PS>OB>FS Spam
Make sure you're in unholy presence
And weave in Frost Strikes when KM Procs.

And my armory for ref: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Ardhavara

Couple Macros to use:
Cast this first, req double fast tap (make sure you have about 90ish RP. )
Code:
#showtooltip Blood Tap
/cast Blood Tap
/cast Unbreakable Armor

Then this.
Code:
#showtooltip Deathchill
/use 13
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Deathchill
13 is the first trinket slot, change the number to 14 if you want to use the lower one.

...unholy presence?...>_>..knew that.

Quake1028

So...Wintergrasp....we are defending, Alliance is at door with less than 5 seconds left but we hold them off. We all get 3 marks, WinterTime resets to Horde control, about a minute of MASS lag, we all get 1 mark additional and Alliance now has control. Ooooooookay, Blizzard :lol .

Gloomfire said:
So...Wintergrasp....we are defending, Alliance is at door with less than 5 seconds left but we hold them off. We all get 3 marks, WinterTime resets to Horde control, about a minute of MASS lag, we all get 1 mark additional and Alliance now has control. Ooooooookay, Blizzard :lol .

IAMNOTPAYINGFORTHISBLIZZARDGIMMEMONEYBACKARGHGHGHHGHG

CassSept

Manick Joe said:
Soooooo jealous! My guild keeps skipping out on trying Iron Council hard mode (we tried it one night with like 25 minutes to spare and got him down to ~40% on our best attempt), yet we'll hit our heads on the wall for 2+ hours with XT's Heartbreaker despite having to sub in some not-quite as geared replacements all because "we've done it before". Oh yeah and what the heck are you wearing?? I thought you were a priest at first and got the caster version of the same skinned weapon.

Nah, I'm playing a rogue. Back in BT I simply loved priest's T6 design, so whenever I had a chance I grabbed non-set cloth pieces when nobody needed them (and they'd be disenchanted anyway...). I've collected whole priest look-a-like set except for head because it rarely dropped, and when it did someone took it for offspec.
But Cursed Vision of Sargeras is so much better <3
I still keep the set because it's one of the best designed ones ever.

PatzCU

Legjend said:
Holy shit fuck the last boss in Oculus.

I have gone to Oculus once, and I will only go to Oculus once. That last boss is complete bullshit. It's like having the entire group make the Thaddius jump over and over until you down it. There's always someone that isn't a 'gamer' and can't do the platforming elements of that boss.

It's getting a pretty substantial nerf in the next patch though with gear scaling on the ride able dragons coming into play.

FLEABttn

Banned
PatzCU said:
I have gone to Oculus once, and I will only go to Oculus once. That last boss is complete bullshit. It's like having the entire group make the Thaddius jump over and over until you down it. There's always someone that isn't a 'gamer' and can't do the platforming elements of that boss.

It's getting a pretty substantial nerf in the next patch though with gear scaling on the ride able dragons coming into play.

That boss is the reason why I don't have the drake from doing heroic achievements. The hoops you have to jump to do that are crazy. After failing it for like an hour straight, I looked up a strat video and figured I was never going to get 5 people to coordinate that. You don't have to be a non-gamer to know that boss is crap.

TomServo

I honestly think Eregos is more difficult than Malygos. I've done Heroic Oculus twice and have Poke in the Eye and You Don't Have an Eternity on both 10 and 25 man EoE.

Fuck Oculus. I'll do it one more time to get the "Champion..." title for my alt when he hits 80, then never again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Last time i did the last boss on H Oculus, it wasnt that hard.. i mean Bronze drakes used Time Stop when he enraged, we ran away when he used that arcane orb thing and everything went time. You just have to tell your group where to run away and which Bronze Drake will use Time Stop on the 1st enrage and so on.

Chris R

Gloomfire said:
I've got two better stories. Trying to get the epic helm for my shaman due to the huge hit, and that it is a nice helm (plus it has a meta) ect.

a) One battle, easily 300 horde vs ~200 alliance, instant casts are taking 15 seconds, ect. 10 seconds left, we barely make it into the relic chamber (horde O usually consists of letting the alliance destroy our towers asap as we afk in front of their door, and then spam catapults as soon as we can.................) well the timer hits zero, sits there for about 30 seconds as we run in our place, lagging to hell, ect. Finally horde captures the relic! I get 3 tokens, yay. Then the alliance defend the relic somehow, so I get another one, and then the horde capture the relic again, 3 more tokens :lol 7 tokens in 20 mins is fine by me.

b) Last night, alliance logged out 12+ people from the previous battle with max rank and had full sieges coming to the east side 10 seconds after the battle started. I saw it, and told everyone to move from front gate to east and knock them back. Even exploiting a bug they still couldn't beat the combined forces of the horde :lol At the end of the battle the entire eastern walls were destroyed, the eastern doorway was half destroyed, there were two holes in the west wall, and the main gate was down.

Just 1 more token and I don't ever have to play the lag fest. Sucks that Blizzard couldn't get the server or game or network code right, because full battles there with as many people as wanted would be good.

Cipherr

WG is actually starting to grow on me. Im starting to really like it. It was so laggy at launch that I quickly lost interest. But lately Ill jump into it 2 or so times a week and just kind of blast stuff in half. It would be nice to not have 15 stacks of tenacity (I.E not be massively outnumbered) every game, but whatevs.

I only play when we attack though, defending is boring as HELL, even as a ranged. Its just god awful, peek out on the ledge, blow three people to bits with tenacity buffed explosive shots and duck and hide from the focus fire your now drawing. Over and over and over.

Quake1028

We have a huge Horde population advantage on our server. Alliance usually has 20 stacks of Tenacity. When attacking, we win 100% of the time. We defend about 30% of the time, I would say.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
keeblerdrow said:
I'm in Goon Squad on Mal'Ganis Horde. It's p. cool.

Don't you have to pay, real money to be in that guild? Sounds retarded. Three thousand members? What's the point?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The reason WG sucks is because on my realm the defending side loses 90% of the time regardless of faction.

Quake1028

Angry Grimace said:
The reason WG sucks is because on my realm the defending side loses 90% of the time regardless of faction.

What is the H:A ratio like on your server? Like I said a few posts up, we have a big Horde advantage on our server, and I have never, ever seen Alliance win while defending. Our numbers are just too great.

Tank question: what's a good way to move Stormcaller Brundir out of the runes faster? Last night I tried shield bashing as he began to cast, and he'd move out sometimes - but it wasn't consistent enough. A shaman eventually started helping me pull him out of the rune, but in cases where I can't rely on another player I'd love to know how to move him more consistently (when needed).

It's the only thing that bugs me with the fight, in 10 man; trying it for the first time on 25 man later tonight. Warriors have so many stun moves, plus Intervening out of the overload isn't hard

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gloomfire said:
What is the H:A ratio like on your server? Like I said a few posts up, we have a big Horde advantage on our server, and I have never, ever seen Alliance win while defending. Our numbers are just too great.
It doesn't matter. The defending side loses regardless of numbers, unless the attackers are just dumbasses.

J-Rzez

PhoenixDark said:
Tank question: what's a good way to move Stormcaller Brundir out of the runes faster? Last night I tried shield bashing as he began to cast, and he'd move out sometimes - but it wasn't consistent enough. A shaman eventually started helping me pull him out of the rune, but in cases where I can't rely on another player I'd love to know how to move him more consistently (when needed).

It's the only thing that bugs me with the fight, in 10 man; trying it for the first time on 25 man later tonight. Warriors have so many stun moves, plus Intervening out of the overload isn't hard

Have other classes help you out with silences/counter spells/interrupts. I have a DK tank, so I don't have much an issue with it. Strangulate, Death Grip, plus I went BE so I have torrent as well.

Oh and yes, sometimes he will be stubborn and won't move even if you interrupt him. This is mainly from just "interrupts" though, like mind freeze for example. Silencing moves on the other hand work a majority of the time.

Quake1028

Angry Grimace said:
It doesn't matter. The defending side loses regardless of numbers, unless the attackers are just dumbasses.

That sucks. Like I said, we defend about a good 30% of the time. I actually enjoy defending more than attacking now.

Macattk15

Anybody got some awesome UI compilations that I can apply to my UI since something happened to my computer and my UI is so fuxxed?

And yeah I haven't been able to get on tonight due to authenticating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom