• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Can someone help me do some math, re: argent tourney?

If I've done the valiant quests for 4 of my 5 home factions, and done the champion-level quests each of those days as well, how many champion's seals should I have?

Here's how I've been thinking about it -

- The first set of valiant quests, I couldn't do the champion ones concurrently, because I wasn't yet a champion.

- So that leaves three full sets of valiant quests completed with the champion quests unlocked. Meaning if I did both every day, I would have earned 75 valiant marks, and 75 champion's seals.

- You also earn some (15?) champion's seals the first time you become a champion.

- So, does that all add up to 90 seals?

...As for why I ask... I just came back to the game after having not played for a while, and I'm *positive* I should have more seals than I do, ha. I've only learned one of the argent pets, and have 50 more seals. This would seem to indicate I've only done the champion dailies 15 times, but it seems to me like it's been many, many more.

I was sure I must have bought another one of the pets and auctioned it, or something. But the 90 seals I have seem to correspond with the math I outlined above and line up with the 4 out of 5 factions I've championed.

...I guess I really have only done the champion dailes 15 times. Just felt like much more :/

Don't worry too much about champion's seals and dailies. The new 5 man dungeon's bosses drop champion's seals on normal, so you can farm them all day and night when 3.2 comes out.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Oni Link 666 said:
Don't worry too much about champion's seals and dailies. The new 5 man dungeon's bosses drop champion's seals on normal, so you can farm them all day and night when 3.2 comes out.

I'm not "worried" per se. I'm just a little OCD about it. I wanna keep a handle on what I've bought/haven't bought, how many more seals I need for the pets/mounts/tabards, etc.

I just want to retrace my steps. If it turns out the # of seals is correct, I can stop looking through my alt's inventory for some missing pet >_>

Chris R

sykoex said:
You should write a guide.
1) Level to 6-8 (horde orc/troll no clue alliance side)
2) Pick up mining
3) Mine copper ore
4) Smelt copper bars
5) Sell a stack of copper bars for 8g
6) ...
7) Profit?

edit: could also theoretically work for BEs as well. I just would start with orc or troll because the distance between the high density mining zone in duotar to the bank/ah is minimal.

Aurarian

rhfb said:
2) Pick up mining
3) Mine copper ore
4) Smelt copper bars
6) ...
7) Profit?

edit: could also theoretically work for BEs as well. I just would start with orc or troll because the distance between the high density mining zone in duotar to the bank/ah is minimal.
That's actually the easiest way to make money in the beginning. I remember I made an orc warrior on Area 52 and by level 20, he already had about 50g or so just from mining while doing quests.

Tamanon

Banned
It's also insanely easy to make money while leveling off inscription just from Minor glyphs alone. Also a lot of the early glyphs nobody makes anymore.

And humans can just mine Goldshire, there's a shitload of veins really close to each other there.

Chris R

One of my under leveled alts (I really want a warrior at 80 but damn they suck at leveling) made me over 500g just cleaning out their bank from all the copper/bronze/herbs they had from leveling 1-30 :lol

Cipherr

I got a new monitor, much larger (24") so I could play my PC games at a higher rez, I set the res to 1080p but the game has these fucking black borders still when you open the map, and on the loading screen. How do I get the image to scale properly?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Puncture said:
I got a new monitor, much larger (24") so I could play my PC games at a higher rez, I set the res to 1080p but the game has these fucking black borders still when you open the map, and on the loading screen. How do I get the image to scale properly?
How are you supposed to scale static 2D images...? And stretching the map horizontally probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Cipherr

sykoex said:
How are you supposed to scale static 2D images...? And stretching the map horizontally probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Dude I dont know, I just know the game world looks perfectly fine but the loading screen and map looks small. Is it not possible?

Quake1028

Our little 6-7 man guild is progressing pretty nicely in Uld10. So far we have downed:

FL
Razor
XT
Kolo
Auriaya
Hodir
Thorim

Working on Mimiron now. We've had a few attempts, gotten deep in phase 3. Fun fight.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
rhfb said:
2) Pick up mining
3) Mine copper ore
4) Smelt copper bars
6) ...
7) Profit?

At any level, I think mining is one of easiest ways to earn gold. I spend an hour in SB and I can make a few hundred gold, easily. I usually have to stop bc my bags are full. Saraonite ore sells so well on my server, and the earths/shadows sell well also. Oh, and of course the titanium and whatever gems I dig up.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Puncture said:
Dude I dont know, I just know the game world looks perfectly fine but the loading screen and map looks small. Is it not possible?

I think the load screens (at least the older ones) were made with a 4:3 ratio in mind, and cannot be stretched. Not sure about the map, though.

Chris R

commish said:
At any level, I think mining is one of easiest ways to earn gold. I spend an hour in SB and I can make a few hundred gold, easily. I usually have to stop bc my bags are full. Saraonite ore sells so well on my server, and the earths/shadows sell well also. Oh, and of course the titanium and whatever gems I dig up.
Exactly, mining along with dailies is my main source of income now. Though with 4 chars 68+ I take it a step further. Raw ore -> Gems -> Cut Gems = $$$ I'm also able to DE any greens I get during my dailies runs, and skin on my Shaman. The only two professions I don't have 300+ engineering (pointless) and alchemy, but I'm working on it :D

The most expensive ore on my server is titanium by far though. You get 80s trying to powerlevel JC and they need gems from the ore. I'm usually able to sell a stack for 50g :lol

Puncture said:
You can get Cartographer for the map. It just makes it a window and allows complete movement while it's open, unlike the normal map. You can also resize it, set transparencies, and heaps more. It also fills in places you haven't seen yet, but it's really good for getting the Explorer title as you can set it to highlight the places you haven't seen yet. Basically, get it.

You're just going to have to put up with the loading screens. You could edit the loading screen files so that they fill up the 1920x1080p space, but that is against the TOS and could possibly get you banned (if it's just the loading screens it won't, but it requires some pretty grey-area .exe files).

iamblades

Orbitcube said:
You can get Cartographer for the map. It just makes it a window and allows complete movement while it's open, unlike the normal map. You can also resize it, set transparencies, and heaps more. It also fills in places you haven't seen yet, but it's really good for getting the Explorer title as you can set it to highlight the places you haven't seen yet. Basically, get it.

You're just going to have to put up with the loading screens. You could edit the loading screen files so that they fill up the 1920x1080p space, but that is against the TOS and could possibly get you banned (if it's just the loading screens it won't, but it requires some pretty grey-area .exe files).

I'd actually use carbonite rather than cartographer, because it does so much more. That also means it is a bit more of a heavyweight in terms of resource usage, so if lightweight uis are your thing, carbonite might not fit the bill.

Definitely get a map replacement though, the blizzard default world map sucks.

iamblades said:
I'd actually use carbonite rather than cartographer, because it does so much more. That also means it is a bit more of a heavyweight in terms of resource usage, so if lightweight uis are your thing, carbonite might not fit the bill.

Definitely get a map replacement though, the blizzard default world map sucks.
True, Carbonite's map is pretty awesome, even when you're not using it as a quest helper. I'd give both a try and see what you like.

Masta_Killah said:
:lol I like how there's only 5 or so alliance players on. Shows how much skill goons really have.
I doubt there was anywhere near 5 Alliance players in WG, they were just most likely out the front and didn't realise Goon Squad were there until it was too late. Goon Squad are on Mal'Ganis, one of the most populated realms in the game and the video was captured at 7:32pm, so I'm certain there were at least more than 5 Alliance on.

Orbitcube said:
I doubt there was anywhere near 5 Alliance players in WG, they were just most likely out the front and didn't realise Goon Squad were there until it was too late. Goon Squad are on Mal'Ganis, one of the most populated realms in the game and the video was captured at 7:32pm, so I'm certain there were at least more than 5 Alliance on.

You're probably right, since other raid groups would be outside. But most players defending wouldn't rush outside the keep (kills= quicker siege building times). They'd be inside manning the cannons and waiting. Also, there were alliance players before the match started by the front door. No warning during that minute zerg? Seems kinda suspicious to me considering that no defenders rushed in during the minute the Goons had to destroy the keep (plenty of time to mount a counter imo).

Masta_Killah said:
You're probably right, since other raid groups would be outside. But most players defending wouldn't rush outside the keep (kills= quicker siege building times). They'd be inside manning the cannons and waiting. Also, there were alliance players before the match started by the front door. No warning during that minute zerg? Seems kinda suspicious to me considering that no defenders rushed in during the minute the Goons had to destroy the keep (plenty of time to mount a counter imo).
Yeah, the fact that there weren't many people rushing them (especially near the end) is a bit suspect. You're right in that some of the defenders must have called out over general or something. You'd also have the people teleporting in from Dalaran, but there didn't seem to be many of them either.

Also 7:30 is around raid time for most guilds and while Mal'Ganis does have a large population, it also has an absolute shit-ton of raiding guilds (~30 have killed Yogg on 25man at least and many more are around that stage). So it probably was both 'skill' and just luck/planning which got them that easy win.

Goons have made it so miserable to be an Alliance character on Mal'Ganis that the balance is thrown all out of whack. It was a Sunday night WG, though. There were probably at least 100 players on Alliance side at the time. Minimum.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
keeblerdrow said:
Goons have made it so miserable to be an Alliance character on Mal'Ganis that the balance is thrown all out of whack. It was a Sunday night WG, though. There were probably at least 100 players on Alliance side at the time. Minimum.
the intent of what you said seems to be at odds with what you actually wrote.

if you are trying to make a point about how small the alliance numbers are on that server wouldn't it make more sense to say,

"There were probably no more than 100 players on Alliance side at the time. Maximum."

???

VAIL

keeblerdrow said:

Thrall has about a 3to1 ratio horde/alliance, we hardly ever win WG, and I have never seen us defend and hold it sucessfully.

Alex

horde_plate_paladin.jpg

I'm totally cracking up here. This is the worst artwork I've ever seen in a commercial game in memory.So many fucking ugly sets, but this is probably the worst of T9. Poor Horde Paladins. Blizzard would be better off pulling commisions from DeviantArt for this shit. I cannot believe this is a multi billion dollar company.

I'm totally cracking up here. This is the worst artwork I've ever seen in a commercial game in memory.So many fucking ugly sets, but this is probably the worst of T9. Poor Horde Paladins. Blizzard would be better off pulling commisions from DeviantArt for this shit. I cannot believe this is a multi billion dollar company.[/QUOTE]
Can't agree more. The only T9 I like so far (have to wait to see ally leather and horde cloth) is the Horde DK and maybe the Warrior. The rest is complete shit.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I wished the armour looked like plate, instead of being nothing more than a texture.

And whats with the stupid green spikes, I wish they would design armour around other races other than Human.

So with the jewelcrafting change coming to our prismatic dragons eye gems, does this mean they will no longer count towards your meta gem requirement? Because the meta gem I'm using requires 2 blue gems, and I would hate to have to regem with rubbish like that just to activate it.

Weenerz

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
So with the jewelcrafting change coming to our prismatic dragons eye gems, does this mean they will no longer count towards your meta gem requirement? Because the meta gem I'm using requires 2 blue gems, and I would hate to have to regem with rubbish like that just to activate it.

Correct. You need to pick a new color!

Epix

funkmastergeneral said:

The stats on the Dragon's Eye cuts are being buffed accordingly (+34 STR for example). There's a new +10 stats prismatic gem as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder what kind of market those Epic Gems will create. Not to mention Runed Orbs now that Conquests will be thrown out like candy.

Weenerz

Banned
Uncut epic gems are going to be cheap I'd bet. Alchemy, prospects, mining, emblem purchases and honor purchases. There are so many ways to get them.

Angry Grimace said:
I wonder what kind of market those Epic Gems will create. Not to mention Runed Orbs now that Conquests will be thrown out like candy.

My guess is the market won't be that great for epic gems. People are loading up on titanium ore, and there will be so many ways to get the gems that there won't be too low of a supply, even initially. I'm currently saving up my Dalaran Jewlers tokens so I can have all the cuts day 1, and hoping to make some cash that way.

Runed Orbs have already fallen steadly lately and should PLUMMET by the time the patch hits.

Epix said:
The stats on the Dragon's Eye cuts are being buffed accordingly (+34 STR for example). There's a new +10 stats prismatic gem as well.

BOO! I still don't know why they decided to make the best melee dps meta gem require 2 blue gems, at least throw me a bone and give it a yellow or red

Weenerz

Banned
Kyoufu said:
In TBC, the epic gems used to drop in high-tier raid content so I wonder if they'll drop in coliseum or T10 raids.

The new instance doesn't have any trash, and from what we've seen on the boss loot tables, they aren't dropping any gems.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kyoufu said:
In TBC, the epic gems used to drop in high-tier raid content so I wonder if they'll drop in coliseum or T10 raids.
On the PTR now, they are bought raw with Emblems of Heroism (which is odd since you can no longer get Heroism emblems without trading down twice from Conquest). They are also prospected from Titanium Ore at what looks like a 25% clip (one guy bought 40000g in Titanium on his home server, copied his character over twice, and prospected all the ore and reported like 28% epic gem prospecting).

I personally find Titanium Ore to be exceedingly rare to find naturally on Live Realms since doing laps of Icecrown is the universally accepted route, and I personally can only even find it worthwhile past 1 A.M.

Epix

funkmastergeneral said:
BOO! I still don't know why they decided to make the best melee dps meta gem require 2 blue gems, at least throw me a bone and give it a yellow or red
It's only the best meta by 1-2dps. Switching to the Earthsiege Diamond isn't going to be very painful. This looks like a buff overall for dps JCers.

Angry Grimace

Also, if you are prospecting any Titanium, you get Titanium Powder at a pretty good clip which gets turned 10-1 into Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Tokens.

Turns out Ensidia WAS working on Yogg +0, and the "mathematically impossible" thing and "we don't care about Yogg +0" was some kind of playing it off :lol

Hey all, I'm thinking of switching from WoW to Aion. So, I'm trying to see if anyone is interested in buying or trading an Aion Collector's Edition Pre-Order for my account.

It has a level 80 DK in mostly Tier 7.5 and all epicced out. Has its epic flyer and cold weather training, also has the Bronze Drake from CoS. He has about 700g on him and has an epic tanking set (not fully finished and ungemmed/enchanted).

There is also a level 56 Paladin and 2 other low level alts including a hutner with heirloom shoulders and bow.

I am the Original Owner and have all the info. It's connected to my Bnet account which including WC3+FT and Diablo 2 + LoD.

If you want an Armory or any more info, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Angry Grimace

My buddy keeps trying to convince me that I shouldn't bother going Shadow Priest since it's DPS is below everyone else's.

I'm not convinced, but I find Shadow Priest pretty fun, especially if you make sure to get Vampiric Embrace up and see how much healing you can get out of it. It seems reasonably competitive, albeit perhaps not with Mages and Rogues.

I guess on the plus side, it's just getting enough pieces to get to the hit cap.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
SuperAndroid17 said:
season 5 6 and 7

What a fucking disgrace...3 FUCKING SETS THAT LOOK THE SAME.

Honestly , the art quality has already dropped below shit.

I hope you're not serious. They hardly look the same, and if they do it's for the better. It's armor that's slowly evolving with the patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom