• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
why is everyone bitching about the armor sets? They look fine.

Just look at the T2.5 set if you want to see real ugly.

The only gripe I *really* have is that as Alli, I want Horde DK armor, cause it's badass.

Xabora

Found an addon, did what I wanted it to do.
But didn't do everything.
So I added in trinket and runeforge support. :D

219rt4o.jpg

EDIT: Better Image

VaLiancY

Angry Grimace said:

The only gripe I *really* have is that as Alli, I want Horde DK armor, cause it's badass.

Shoulder spikes bring all the boys to the yard.

Epix

I'm going to start saving up Tokens now to buy half a dozen or so of the Epic gem cuts when 3.2 comes around. What do you think will be the highest cuts in demand? My top 4 so far are:

1) +20 STR
2) +23 SP
3) +30 STAM
4) +20 CRIT
5) ?
6) ?

Xabora

Epix said:
I'm going to start saving up Tokens now to buy half a dozen or so of the Epic gem cuts when 3.2 comes around. What do you think will be the highest cuts in demand? My top 4 so far are:

1) +20 STR
2) +23 SP
3) +30 STAM
4) +20 CRIT
5) ?
6) ?
1) +STR & +AGI
2) +SP
3) +CRT & Defence (Dodge etc)
4) +General

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Xabora said:
1) +STR & +AGI
2) +SP
3) +CRT & Defence (Dodge etc)
4) +General
I generally find that SP is more profitable than STR or AGI, but they are all very close.

Stam is usually in demand but doesn't sell for much. That may be more due to the fact that blue gems in general are only used for Stamina gems for tanks.

Another popular one is Hit rating.

Angry Grimace said:
I generally find that SP is more profitable than STR or AGI, but they are all very close.

Stam is usually in demand but doesn't sell for much. That may be more due to the fact that blue gems in general are only used for Stamina gems for tanks.

Another popular one is Hit rating.

Same. SP has always been the big money maker on my server.

Negator

Yay! My first post on Neogaf!

My strategy regarding the new gems is to get all the popular orange cuts. Some jewelcrafters will have them, but most of them out to make some fast gold will use all of their jewelcrafting tokens on all the popular red cuts.

Top picks for me would include:
Agi/Crit
Str/Crit
SP/Haste

Also, using those tokens on the Armor Penetration red gem might be a good idea considering its value will go way up with all of the armor pen gear on the badge vendors and tier sets.

Chris R

I'm just going to get the most popular caster purple as people will be wanting to upgrade their shitty blue/purples they need for their metas.

Selling the other gems raw :D

Alex

Angry Grimace said:

I'm looking at real ugly, it's T9 and S7. Which followed a very ugly T8 and a rehashed T3.

This expansion is really shit for armor. Aesthetics are a really big deal to me in an MMO, and after the beautiful zones, some great 5 mans, nice leveling armory with earthy tones that actually looked like freakin' armor I was hoping for a lot better than this shit.

The Paladin T9 on Horde just cracks me up to no end. It just looks like texture files got corrupted between some Warlock set and a generic Silvermoon NPC set, combining into a total pile of puke. =/

While I prefer armor that has subdued colors and actually looks like armor or reasonable clothing, etc. I can totally get behind the idea of really ornamental, relicy looking stuff.

I just want it to look sleek like:
priest_t6.jpg

Rather than what's going on now. The armor tiers have always been a little inconsistent, but I miss inconsistency in the face of all around incompetence. Game needs a new artist for this stuff, badly.

But, in general, I think Blizzard could really stand to spend more effort and money on artwork and modeling post launch for WoW. They really do recycle way too much and they can certainly afford to do a little less. It's just sticking out more lately because of all of the shrunken down "new" pets and palette swapped armor and mounts.

VAIL

Did my first Naxx last night and ended up getting The Stray We cleared the arachnid quarter, and got to Heigan the Unclean in the plagued quarter and wiped a few times due to the dance. We are picking it up again tonight and hopefully clearing that zone and one more. I finally got enough Stonekeeper Shards to get my Mammoth as well.

Milpool

Xabora said:

*snip*

EDIT: Better Image

You there! How do you get the debuff timers on the target unit frame?

Interfectum

Do you guys think my guy is almost Naxx ready?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Madoran&cn=Interfectum&gn=For+thé+Horde

I know I'm in PvP gear, but I'm pulling decent dps now and I've gemming up with +hit rating gems (as I get money to do so). I'd like to at least try Naxx once. :lol

Let me know any immediate upgrades you see that I could get. My rings suck ass so I'm currently working to get new ones. Also working on upgrading the shoulders to the second version.

VAIL

Interfectum said:
Do you guys think my guy is almost Naxx ready?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Madoran&cn=Interfectum&gn=For+thé+Horde

I know I'm in PvP gear, but I'm pulling decent dps now and I've gemming up with +hit rating gems (as I get money to do so). I'd like to at least try Naxx once. :lol

Let me know any immediate upgrades you see that I could get. My rings suck ass so I'm currently working to get new ones. Also working on upgrading the shoulders to the second version.

I'm in pvp gear too, you gotta roll with what ya got, until you can get more that is ;)

We were doing 10man and I was holding up fine.

Macattk15

Switched my main from Arms / Fury DPS Warrior to a Combat Rogue currently. Not the best gear but putting up some respectable damage.

Picked up Insanity's Grasp from Mim 25 last night ... had Kinetic Ripper from a 10 man Uld pug previously. Also got 8.5 legs & Monolith shoulders from Kologarn.

Kinda sucks going from a DPS Warrior with 4pc 8.5 & some hard mode loot (25 FL+4 legs) with no gear under ilvl 226 to a rogue in ilvl 200's with a few higher pieces intersparsed.

I just hate raiding on my warrior so much lately. Problem is I've played it since Vanilla WoW ... never really had an alt, never really raided on any other class. Took this many years to burn me out on the warrior. RIP.

As far as combat rogues go ... I've been getting 5pts then Rupturing ... then 5 pts and SnD .... and just repeating the cycle over and over while popping the cooldowns as they come up.

Is this the proper thing to do? I don't know when I should mix in Eviscerates ... sometimes I get back to 5pts quickly and have like 20 seconds left on SnD and like 10 on Rupture and I don't know what to do.

Negator

Macattk15 said:
As far as combat rogues go ... I've been getting 5pts then Rupturing ... then 5 pts and SnD .... and just repeating the cycle over and over while popping the cooldowns as they come up.

Is this the proper thing to do? I don't know when I should mix in Eviscerates ... sometimes I get back to 5pts quickly and have like 20 seconds left on SnD and like 10 on Rupture and I don't know what to do.

You should have Glyph of Sinister Strike, Glyph of Rupture, and Glyph of Killing Spree. The sinister strike glyph enables you to maintain a steady cycle of 3 (or 4) points of slice and dice, followed by 5 points of rupture, followed by 5 points of eviscerate. It sounds simple on paper but can get rather complex if you get unlucky with either ruthlessness, combat potency, or even relentless strikes on the slice and dice. Generally, you should be prioritizing slice and dice and rupture uptime while still eviscerating. More emphasis is put on rupture uptime when you get the 4 piece t8 bonus.

Sorry to hear about your warrior. Our warrior guild leader switched from being a main tank to a combat rogue as well, because he felt like his warrior was worthless in the face of hard modes, and also felt that warrior did not have a viable DPS spec to fall back on either.

Macattk15

Negator said:
You should have Glyph of Sinister Strike, Glyph of Rupture, and Glyph of Killing Spree. The sinister strike glyph enables you to maintain a steady cycle of 3 (or 4) points of slice and dice, followed by 5 points of rupture, followed by 5 points of eviscerate. It sounds simple on paper but can get rather complex if you get unlucky with either ruthlessness, combat potency, or even relentless strikes on the slice and dice. Generally, you should be prioritizing slice and dice and rupture uptime while still eviscerating. More emphasis is put on rupture uptime when you get the 4 piece t8 bonus.

Sorry to hear about your warrior. Our warrior guild leader switched from being a main tank to a combat rogue as well, because he felt like his warrior was worthless in the face of hard modes, and also felt that warrior did not have a viable DPS spec to fall back on either.

I have those glyphs already. I'm not a noob after all :p

Yeah my problem is that by the time I build up to 5pts after I apply the 5pt SnD ... rupture is about to fall off. Then by the time I get 5 pts again, SnD is about to go ... just an endless cycle like that.

I probably need more crit anyway .. like I said, my gear isn't the best ... but my guild is advanced enough in Ulduar where most gear gets sharded and Vanquisher gets taken as offspec.

I have CQC ... about 42% crit in a raid I believe? Some other rogues are over 55% in my guild.

zam

Macattk15 said:

Yeah my problem is that by the time I build up to 5pts after I apply the 5pt SnD ... rupture is about to fall off. Then by the time I get 5 pts again, SnD is about to go ... just an endless cycle like that.

I probably need more crit anyway .. like I said, my gear isn't the best ... but my guild is advanced enough in Ulduar where most gear gets sharded and Vanquisher gets taken as offspec.

I have CQC ... about 42% crit in a raid I believe? Some other rogues are over 55% in my guild.
Try different cycles, like 3CP SND and then 5CP Rupture. But a 5pt SND should be more than enough to get 5pt Rupture and then at least 3pt SND. And remember that SnD is highest priority, so if its about to drop off (5 seconds or less left on it) just refresh SnD instead of Rupture. You should always maintain 100% SnD uptime as best you can.

Spruchy

Sweet ive been on a month+ break waiting for the patch and apparently my account has been closed today for mass advertising.

Sigh...

Kyoufu

Spruchy said:
Sweet ive been on a month+ break waiting for the patch and apparently my account has been closed today for mass advertising.

Sigh...

Just email them saying you've been on holiday and taking a break from the game waiting for the new patch. Make sure you tell them your account has been compromised and that you need your password reset.

Should work.

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
I'm looking at real ugly, it's T9 and S7. Which followed a very ugly T8 and a rehashed T3.

This expansion is really shit for armor. Aesthetics are a really big deal to me in an MMO, and after the beautiful zones, some great 5 mans, nice leveling armory with earthy tones that actually looked like freakin' armor I was hoping for a lot better than this shit.

The Paladin T9 on Horde just cracks me up to no end. It just looks like texture files got corrupted between some Warlock set and a generic Silvermoon NPC set, combining into a total pile of puke. =/

While I prefer armor that has subdued colors and actually looks like armor or reasonable clothing, etc. I can totally get behind the idea of really ornamental, relicy looking stuff.

I just want it to look sleek like:

Rather than what's going on now. The armor tiers have always been a little inconsistent, but I miss inconsistency in the face of all around incompetence. Game needs a new artist for this stuff, badly.

But, in general, I think Blizzard could really stand to spend more effort and money on artwork and modeling post launch for WoW. They really do recycle way too much and they can certainly afford to do a little less. It's just sticking out more lately because of all of the shrunken down "new" pets and palette swapped armor and mounts.
I couldn't care less what the armor looks like *shrug*

Anyone interested in recruiting me for RaF? I played from june'05 to fall '07 and have taken a break, but lately I've been playing on a bunch of trial accounts. I know the game well and am interested in getting a quick 60 and can play a lot. pm if you're interested. thanks :)

Cipherr

Xabora said:
When addon coding goes bad. :lol

Bigbutton.jpg

Thats hilarious.

Man Im growing frustrated with my destro lock alts lack of threat reduction. Even if you spec for it and get that extra point for the full 10% running heroics is the most unfun thing ever. Your always counting to five before starting your rotation. Or soulshattering then still ending up riding the tanks threat seconds later. I know its because a PUG's tanks arent going to be top notch, but its annoying.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
reformatted my computer today, smart enough to copy the addons folder. Not smart enough to copy the WTF folder with all the settings :/

They should really make it so you can store that server side.

I think the only things that aren't saved online are the graphics and sound settings. I know I delete the cache and WTF folders all the time and don't have to mess with any of the gameplay settings.

I haven't reinstalled WoW in a few years now. I switched HDs like 4 times too. Every time I just back up the whole thing to my USB HD. I should probably do a clean install sometime. I know there has to be gigs of useless patch files and stuff in it but, I don't know what's safe to delete.

Oni Link 666 said:
I think the only things that aren't saved online are the graphics and sound settings. I know I delete the cache and WTF folders all the time and don't have to mess with any of the gameplay settings.

I haven't reinstalled WoW in a few years now. I switched HDs like 4 times too. Every time I just back up the whole thing to my USB HD. I should probably do a clean install sometime. I know there has to be gigs of useless patch files and stuff in it but, I don't know what's safe to delete.
Addon configs aren't saved server-side for what I would call obvious reasons (there are lots of addons, and saving everyone's configs would take up shitloads of space), but they are kept in the WTF folder. In-game stuff might be (never had to delete my WTF folder) but addons definitely aren't.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Xabora said:

http://i25.tinypic.com/219rt4o.jpg[/G]

EDIT: Better Image[/QUOTE]
Speaking of addons, regarding Questhelper, is there any way to set priority on a Quest in the quest log or the quest tracker on the right side of the screen? It can sometimes be difficult and inconvenient to find the quest's icon on the map.

sykoex said:
Speaking of addons, regarding Questhelper, is there any way to set priority on a Quest in the quest log or the quest tracker on the right side of the screen? It can sometimes be difficult and inconvenient to find the quest's icon on the map.
Just fiddled around with QH 1.0.29, doesn't seem like it. I'll give the new 1.1.1 beta a shot and see if it's in there.

EDIT: Doesn't look possible in 1.1.1 either, sorry.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Orbitcube said:
Addon configs aren't saved server-side for what I would call obvious reasons (there are lots of addons, and saving everyone's configs would take up shitloads of space), but they are kept in the WTF folder. In-game stuff might be (never had to delete my WTF folder) but addons definitely aren't.

At least the option to temporarily do it, a lot of people play on more than one computer and it would be really nice to be able to get your settings anywhere.

Entropia

No One Remembers
SuperAndroid17 said:
season 5 6 and 7

What a fucking disgrace...3 FUCKING SETS THAT LOOK THE SAME.

Honestly , the art quality has already dropped below shit.

Yeah, and the new tier sets are all basically the same per the armor level just different colors.

Blizzard's direction is... terrible.

TheExodu5

Banned
Macattk15 said:

It's all about keeping their timers at good intervals. Get yourself power auras, and set it up so you can see your SnD and Rupture timers.

If I've got 17-19 seconds of SnD up, I'm going to wait about 5 seconds before putting my Rupture on. If I do that, then that at least gives me a good 5-6 seconds to build up my rupture after I reapply SnD.

Seriously though, Power Auras helps A LOT. I am keeping near perfect execution, and with almost exclusively ilvl 200 gear (with one ilvl 232 weapon), I maintain around 4500dps in Ulduar (6500dps on XT), far surpassing some of the much better geared Rogues in the guild.

Also, I recommend ArcHud, since it keeps your combo points as a number in the center of the screen. Any add ons that will help you keep your eyes in the very center of the screen, rather than on the top left health bars, will make you much more situationally aware in fights.

TheExodu5

Banned
It will probably take you 5-10 minutes to figure out your first skill setup. After that, it becomes a sinch.

I'll take a screenshot of the setup screen for my timer later when I get home, which should speed things up for ya.

Angry Grimace

Epix said:
Hot shit too. Love that I can accept calendar invites outside of the game.
Actually, I would like to be able to send relatively instant in-game mail through that. The reason being, sometimes you can't make a raid/whatnot. Even if it's just a game, there's real people on the other end that need to know if you're coming, etc.

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
Actually, I would like to be able to send relatively instant in-game mail through that. The reason being, sometimes you can't make a raid/whatnot. Even if it's just a game, there's real people on the other end that need to know if you're coming, etc.
I guess you could just decline the invite and they'd get the picture. I'd love to be able to do some AH'ing in the app.

Macattk15

TheExodu5 said:
It's all about keeping their timers at good intervals. Get yourself power auras, and set it up so you can see your SnD and Rupture timers.

If I've got 17-19 seconds of SnD up, I'm going to wait about 5 seconds before putting my Rupture on. If I do that, then that at least gives me a good 5-6 seconds to build up my rupture after I reapply SnD.

Seriously though, Power Auras helps A LOT. I am keeping near perfect execution, and with almost exclusively ilvl 200 gear (with one ilvl 232 weapon), I maintain around 4500dps in Ulduar (6500dps on XT), far surpassing some of the much better geared Rogues in the guild.

Also, I recommend ArcHud, since it keeps your combo points as a number in the center of the screen. Any add ons that will help you keep your eyes in the very center of the screen, rather than on the top left health bars, will make you much more situationally aware in fights.

Yeah I have NeedToKnow keeping track of SnD, Rupture and Deadly Poison on the mobs I'm fighting. It works well.

I've been getting a lot of easy upgrades since everyone is pretty much geared out in the guild.

I was top damage on our Thorim hard mode kill last night. Fan of Knives helped a good deal ... but still it was only about 19% of my damage. Still beat the Swipe spamming Druid and DnD dropping / Heart Strike spamming DK's.

Angry Grimace

Alright, time for week 5 of being stuck with Death's Bite since Ironsoul only drops when I PUG Flame Leviathan on my alts.

:lol

For reference, there's only 3 2H STR weapons in 10 man Ulduar, and Ironsoul off of FL is probably the best one (I'm off of Frost DK until 3.2, and been moonlighting as Blood)

Holy balls...so come next patch my rogue will be wearing a corset, bird beak and shoulder pads complete with Rob Liefeld pouches??? Shame becuase it actually looks kind of cool otherwise.

I wish there was just a bit more distinction between classes of similar armor proficiencies to make them stand out a bit better. In addition to more apparent color distinctions they should make slight variances on the shoulder pads, helmet and gloves between classes (basically taking the alliance plate chest pieces a bit farther). Like an extra spike/emblem/glow/whatever.

kai3345

Banned
Grr all this talk of high level content really makes me wish I could level faster.

All Ive got is a 47 Mage, can't really do much of anything :(

I can do some instances here and there, but nobody really plays the 30-40 range instances on my server.

Watching people do those 10 and 25 man raids looks so fun!

Maybe I should look into hiring someone from china.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom