• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

FLEABttn said:
There will never be neutral races where you can pick you faction unless picking a faction makes you significantly physically different looking.

It's probably why Alliance will never get high elves as a playable race despite there being numerous alliance high elf NPC's - they look exactly like blood elves, except for the eyes.
Alliance would never get high elves because 1) it would require a mega-retarded retcon to bring high elves back into the alliance 2) like 80% of all high elves are blood elves (same race, same people, just a different name) 3) in the previous Warcraft story, they pretty much pissed them off by doing jack shit to protect quel'thalas from the scourge after it was attacked by Arthas, and were even treated as second class citizens by Garithos.

Goblins could work as a neutral race, but it would be frustrating on pve realms/sanctuary areas to know which goblin is horde and which one is alliance. So yeah, let's just add goblins to the horde and give the alliance their furries to go with all the people RPing as night elves.

What kind of dps is required to down Sartharion 3D on 10 man if we zerg it? Pretty much everyone was at around 4-5k dps, except me bringing up the rear at 3.8k dps, but I got the invite because of my windfury totem. We got him down to about 8-9% a couple times but then all hell broke loose, when he either went immune or one of the drakes wtf owned someone.

FLEABttn

Banned
firex said:
Alliance would never get high elves because 1) it would require a mega-retarded retcon to bring high elves back into the alliance 2) like 80% of all high elves are blood elves (same race, same people, just a different name) 3) in the previous Warcraft story, they pretty much pissed them off by doing jack shit to protect quel'thalas from the scourge after it was attacked by Arthas, and were even treated as second class citizens by Garithos.

If the history of the World of Warcraft game has told us anything, anything that happened in the past has no guaranteed effect on future story.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:

Goblins could work as a neutral race, but it would be frustrating on pve realms/sanctuary areas to know which goblin is horde and which one is alliance. So yeah, let's just add goblins to the horde and give the alliance their furries to go with all the people RPing as night elves.
The High Elves in terms of High Elves that identify as High Elves are still Alliance-allied.

People would get pissed off though since Blood Elves are still really High Elves, just hostile Horde aligned ones and nobody wants two of the same race.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
What kind of dps is required to down Sartharion 3D on 10 man if we zerg it? Pretty much everyone was at around 4-5k dps, except me bringing up the rear at 3.8k dps, but I got the invite because of my windfury totem. We got him down to about 8-9% a couple times but then all hell broke loose, when he either went immune or one of the drakes wtf owned someone.
If you really have 4 to 5K DPS for each person in 10 man, then just do it the normal way.

Alex

Problem with a GAF guild is that everyone in this topic plays a different way at a different time, really.

I unsubbed recently, probably wont consider returning until the expansion. The difficulty gap in every piece of the game to current raid hardmodes is driving me nuts. 99% of the game is ridiculously easy, 1% is nightmarishly hard. It's a really awkward gap. They have all of these modes and raid options now yet there's less variety than ever before. =/

I miss a real feeling of progression or fuck, even CCing things. I remember how the blues kept telling us how we'd have to CC in Ulduar. OMG, you will *HAVE TO* IT IS SO HARD. Fuck that. We aoe'd the "CC" packs down on the first lockout with no issue and it took a couple of WEEKS for anyone to even bother suggesting to CC something before they were told to just keep AoEing it down.

That entire fucking dungeon was easier than TK on normal mode before they applied the nerf sledgehammer.

Broken PvP and nothing new to do don't help. Hoping for a good expansion in 2010 with new stuff besides more raids, more arena seasons and 10 more levels, but maybe the game is just too old now.

Alex said:
Problem with a GAF guild is that everyone in this topic plays a different way at a different time, really.

I unsubbed recently, probably wont consider returning until the expansion. The difficulty gap in every piece of the game to current raid hardmodes is driving me nuts. 99% of the game is ridiculously easy, 1% is nightmarishly hard. It's a really awkward gap. They have all of these modes and raid options now yet there's less variety than ever before. =/

I miss a real feeling of progression or fuck, even CCing things. I remember how the blues kept telling us how we'd have to CC in Ulduar. OMG, you will *HAVE TO* IT IS SO HARD. Fuck that. We aoe'd the "CC" packs down on the first lockout with no issue and it took a couple of WEEKS for anyone to even bother suggesting to CC something before they were told to just keep AoEing it down.

That entire fucking dungeon was easier than TK on normal mode before they applied the nerf sledgehammer.

Broken PvP and nothing new to do don't help. Hoping for a good expansion in 2010 with new stuff besides more raids, more arena seasons and 10 more levels, but maybe the game is just too old now.

Agree 1000% percent. Blizz had a great game and try to make it more accesible to new players. Which is fine. They just went overboard in my opinion. In their attempts to give more options, they made everything to redundant and stale. I'm probably going to unsub when Champions or Aion comes out. I'll see how those play and then even if they suck, I'll wait for the next Xpac just to see whats new.

But overall, I'd say that WoW is slowly coming to stand on its last leg.

mikeGFG

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Just killed Vezax 10 hardmode and then killed Yogg 10 1 light hardmode and GOT THE FUCKING MACE YESSSSSSSSS FUCK YESSSSSSSS

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46067

Massive upgrade from a Death's Bite lol

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!! I'm so happy!

It's silly to think that one must spend a lot of time, preparation and patience to clear a hard mode, and maybe, possibly, if the stars align on that very night will something good drop.

...and I can do arena for one week and get the same weapon. They really need to reevaluate the end-game in World of Warcraft.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Legjend said:
Yeah I love how CC is non-existent except in PVP, how the hell did that happen?

Because some classes just lack on CC, and Blizzard hated how some of them weren't invited because they didn't have this or that CC.

Bring the player, not the class like they said.

Bisnic said:
Because some classes just lack on CC, and Blizzard hated how some of them weren't invited because they didn't have this or that CC.

Bring the player, not the class like they said.

This sounds good, in theory, but in reality all they are doing is dumbing down all of the classes and making them less unique so that everyone gets a go at the epixxx.

Which, any half decent raiding guild, would make sure to get whoever needed gear in the raids when it got to be on farm status. There was not one class in my guild back in TBC that was complaining of not being brought along.

The only times we didn't bring people along when when we were attempting new content, in which case we only brought seasoned players who knew how to listen and take orders well. After that, we would switch out players as they needed each week. It was nice seeing Warlocks for example shine in SSC during that one encounter. Etc, etc.

Chris R

Or they can get rid of arena :D

I have no qualms in saying that PvP died with the introduction of resilience and arenas. But Blizzard wants to make everything easier for everyone. PvP gear should make you rock at PvP but suck ass at PvE, and vice-versa, but no way in the world will that ever happen. Sure PvP gear isn't the best in the world for doing raids and shit, but if you can't get a drop, the gear from the high end sure as hell beats the shit out of the things you can get from Heroics.

Kyoufu

Mike G.E.D. said:
It's silly to think that one must spend a lot of time, preparation and patience to clear a hard mode, and maybe, possibly, if the stars align on that very night will something good drop.

...and I can do arena for one week and get the same weapon. They really need to reevaluate the end-game in World of Warcraft.

Does your weapon have 125 strength on it? Does it give Crit+Hit rating?

FLEABttn

Banned
StormyTheRabbit said:
This sounds good, in theory, but in reality all they are doing is dumbing down all of the classes and making them less unique so that everyone gets a go at the epixxx.

Which, any half decent raiding guild, would make sure to get whoever needed gear in the raids when it got to be on farm status. There was not one class in my guild back in TBC that was complaining of not being brought along.

The only times we didn't bring people along when when we were attempting new content, in which case we only brought seasoned players who knew how to listen and take orders well. After that, we would switch out players as they needed each week. It was nice seeing Warlocks for example shine in SSC during that one encounter. Etc, etc.

Being unique sucks when you're only around for one gimmick. Talk to day 1 druids who thought they were going to do a little bit of everything only to find that they were raid invited to innervate alone and whatever heals they did were simply bonus.

Quake1028

Had my first bad experience with a loot ninja tonight. OS25, we kill Sartharion, loot master is a resto druid. He calls for rolls for all of the loot, but doesn't call for a roll for the Staff of Restraint until everything else is done and he's called out about it like 5 times. So my guildie, a Warlock, wins the roll. All of a sudden, he can no longer loot the boss or pass it to my guildie. I get kicked from the raid. Other guildie does. Now it's just him and the lock. He continues to say he can't loot it, he opened a ticket, if he wanted to ninja it he would have, etc. Finally guildie gets kicked, and we are all suddenly on ignore. We all opened tickets but have zero confidence the GM's will do anything about it. Sucks.

Gloomfire said:
Had my first bad experience with a loot ninja tonight. OS25, we kill Sartharion, loot master is a resto druid. He calls for rolls for all of the loot, but doesn't call for a roll for the Staff of Restraint until everything else is done and he's called out about it like 5 times. So my guildie, a Warlock, wins the roll. All of a sudden, he can no longer loot the boss or pass it to my guildie. I get kicked from the raid. Other guildie does. Now it's just him and the lock. He continues to say he can't loot it, he opened a ticket, if he wanted to ninja it he would have, etc. Finally guildie gets kicked, and we are all suddenly on ignore. We all opened tickets but have zero confidence the GM's will do anything about it. Sucks.

Yeah ninjas are running rampid in this game nowadays I swear. That's the real downfall of being able to pug every raid now, you have absolutely no idea how it's gonna end up.

Cipherr

If your talking about Ulduar I cannot agree. Clearing all of the hardmodes has been markedly harder for us than ANY other raid Blizzard has put in (that wasnt bugged/impossible for a short time). In terms of difficulty Id be really willing to wonder how you see Uld as easier than the others. If your not speaking of the hardmodes though, I dont understand how you could even make a comparison.

OTOH the game is indeed getting stale. This newest patch wont likely remedy it either. Been playing since beta and its starting to get the same old feel every other MMO gets after so many layers have been added to the vanilla content. PvP is just in shambles, and that ruins a good portion of the games replayability with a huge 50% of the game sucking.

Im close to deactivating now myself. Will likely do so shortly in the coming weeks if something doesnt happen to keep my interest. My PC gaming backlog is nice and large right now, I really need to dive into Anno. Im basically just waiting for Diablo III at this point. Im pretty sure thats what Ill play next.

Gloomfire said:

There is nothing the GM can do, you chose to trust the raid leader to be loot master, and he can do as he pleases.

Kyoufu

Oni Link 666 said:
More like 192 Stamina and 85 Resilience.

Which does nothing for PVE dps. Which makes the effort put into hardmodes worth it.

Killed Thorim 25 hard mode tonight, was fun. Tried IC 25 hard mode, our best attempt was 20% but we lacked the DPS in the end I think.

Sciz

There's a retadin in my guild trying to get the two bindings for Thunderfury, but he was having trouble soloing Baron Geddon so I swapped my shaman over to resto and headed down to back him up. Didn't drop, but we went ahead and two-manned the rest of MC for the heck of it. Great fun.

firex

with retadins being like the worst pvp class next patch I think I will stay the fuck out of the new BG, except maybe on my shaman. although next patch will motivate me to level my warrior up even more (43 now, I forget how close to 44) and then I'll be having fun since arms is still great in pvp.

Kyoufu

firex said:
with retadins being like the worst pvp class next patch I think I will stay the fuck out of the new BG, except maybe on my shaman. although next patch will motivate me to level my warrior up even more (43 now, I forget how close to 44) and then I'll be having fun since arms is still great in pvp.

I'm pretty sure Retadins will still be very good, but this time the more skilled players will shine rather than random blue geared facerollers.

firex

I don't know. taking away burst from a burst-based pvp class and giving it nothing in return is pretty shitty. Seal of command is garbage now and literally just a leveling seal that a paladin will spec out of once they hit 66 or even earlier (whenever they can get seals of the pure after all the ret talents they need in their build) because SotP makes even righteousness better dps and 66 is when you get the new mainline dps seal for both pve and pvp. Upside is it will force rogues to blow CloS earlier just to get rid of the corruption dot on auto attack. As far as pve goes, retadins got a decent single target buff and lose shitty self damage, so I'm fine with the change. Just kind of sad that they suck in pvp in 3.2. It's mostly the resilience buff that makes them really weak. They're basically an attrition melee class now, and that won't work well against anyone with the "mortal" debuff, as Blizz likes to call it, and they can't kill healers.

At least my main spec (tank) is looking awesome and finally on par with the druids/DKs, so people won't just scoff at the idea of a pally tank in lfg beyond heroics anymore. And my shaman on the whole (enhance main/resto off) gets a lot of buffs, and I haven't even finished gearing him up.

Macattk15

Kyoufu said:
Just killed Vezax 10 hardmode and then killed Yogg 10 1 light hardmode and GOT THE FUCKING MACE YESSSSSSSSS FUCK YESSSSSSSS

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46067

Massive upgrade from a Death's Bite lol

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!! I'm so happy!

Awesome grats.

Got my Rusted Proto Drake last night. Unfortunately the only hard mode loot I got was the Combatant's Bootblade off Thorim HM. REALLLLLLLY want the Vezax cloak and XT bracers on my rogue. Same with Mjolnir from Thorim.

Pally tanks are bad? Before he quit ... our MT was a paladin. Never had any problems.

I also have a beta account for Aion. I think the game is crap. It's basically a Korean made WoW .... but much more unpolished and terribly grindy. I know it's just the beta ... but the game just isn't fun at all to me.

Macattk15

Flib said:
I hate the look of Aion so much that I'll never play it.

And for a game that stresses the ability to fly blah blah blah ... it certainly is slow and boring. They could at least make the flight faster than run speed.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Macattk15 said:
I also have a beta account for Aion. I think the game is crap. It's basically a Korean made WoW .... but much more unpolished and terribly grindy. I know it's just the beta ... but the game just isn't fun at all to me.
Really? My opinion was the complete opposite when I played the Chinese Open Beta a few months ago. I thought it was very polished and didn't feel a grind whatsoever in the first 15 levels. That's coming from someone who has played and hated every Korean-developed free MMO out there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Macattk15 said:
And for a game that stresses the ability to fly blah blah blah ... it certainly is slow and boring. They could at least make the flight faster than run speed.

I didn't played Aion beta, but i suppose the characters fly much slower than epic flying mounts in WoW right?

No wonder you think it's slow & boring if that's the case. :lol

Angry Grimace

Alex said:

There's always gonna be someone that thinks that Dungeon X is too easy. There are people out there that thought that Sunwell was too easy too. Nobody else cared about the difficulty of the trash mobs either. Because they are trash. I don't know why people get nostalgic for CCing. It was fucking annoying in the first place and nobody *really* liked it.

Macattk15

Bisnic said:
I didn't played Aion beta, but i suppose the characters fly much slower than epic flying mounts in WoW right?

No wonder you think it's slow & boring if that's the case. :lol

I mean slow and boring as in ... you can only fly for like 15 seconds before your character is "tired" and you move as slow as you run.

Angry Grimace

Some people are mistaking "burnout" for the game being stale.

Unfortunately this kind of game doesn't lend itself to sustained playing the same way you did in vanilla, TBC, whatever. You'll just burnout either way because the ex-packs are by design more of the same shit.

firex

Macattk15 said:
Pally tanks are bad? Before he quit ... our MT was a paladin. Never had any problems.
They aren't really bad, but the community thinks because they aren't as grossly overpowered as DKs, or get the insane health pools of druids, that paladins are just trash OTs and can't tank bosses.

All right, so I've been making massive amounts of gold with jewelcrafting just through prospecting ore, cutting gems, and using the green gems to make low level green items and disenchanting them. The only problem I have right now is I have large quantities of Forest Emeralds and Sky Sapphires in my bank, and I can't find a way to make gold with them. Any ideas? Their cut gems are selling at most for 8-9g, so it's not even worth it to AH them. I was considering just cutting them and vendoring them, but there must be a better way.

Xabora

funkmastergeneral said:
All right, so I've been making massive amounts of gold with jewelcrafting just through prospecting ore, cutting gems, and using the green gems to make low level green items and disenchanting them. The only problem I have right now is I have large quantities of Forest Emeralds and Sky Sapphires in my bank, and I can't find a way to make gold with them. Any ideas? Their cut gems are selling at most for 8-9g, so it's not even worth it to AH them. I was considering just cutting them and vendoring them, but there must be a better way.
3.2 will turn those into money makers with transmutes.

Stupid question coming up, so forgive me.

Anyone know a site where I can download the latest patch? (the 300mb one)?

I downloaded one off of a site, but it's just the MPQ file. There's no BNUpdate with it.

Xabora

mario ate my burger said:
Stupid question coming up, so forgive me.

Anyone know a site where I can download the latest patch? (the 300mb one)?

I downloaded one off of a site, but it's just the MPQ file. There's no BNUpdate with it.
http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/
Been using them for years, they host preload and PTR downloads too.

Xabora

CassSept said:
Is anybody else sad that if Worgen will indeed happen, they will be alliance race?
WTB worgen character :<
I'm alliance foo!

r2tcud.jpg

Fanart: Yes, Good fan Art: Yes again!

Fularu

Banned
Legjend said:
Word of advice, if you really want to raid, try to roll on a server that's in your timezone :lol

I'm on Dragonmaw (west coast sever) and I live in NYC and raiding til 3AM is starting to take its toll on me.

Alliance or Horde? Which guild? Dmaw was my old server, played there for over two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom