• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Blizzard said:
As a means to provide more flexibility to play with your friends, or move to a realm that may better serve your needs, we are reducing the cooldown of the Paid Character Transfer service from 30 days to 3 days. This should prove particularly beneficial to players who move to a realm they don't enjoy and wish to quickly move to a brand-new realm. For more information, please see the Paid Character Transfer FAQ -

wat

kai3345

Banned
Finally hit 50 today.

Trying to level to 55 so I can create a DK and just head straight into the WotLK/BC content without having to level all the way to 58.

Kyoufu

kai3345 said:
Finally hit 50 today.

Trying to level to 55 so I can create a DK and just head straight into the WotLK/BC content without having to level all the way to 58.

The DK starting quests will take you to 58 though...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Angry Grimace said:

Blizzard wants more of your money. Go go pay us 50$ in 3 days! :lol

Who the hell want to transfer twice in 3 days? Do some search before selecting a server!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
kai3345 said:
Finally hit 50 today.

I'm not really certain of why you are doing that. Nobody is looking for new Death Knights in upper tier content, and while fun, they don't do more damage than the other classes played correctly.

You really gain 0 levels since you have to do the DK starting quests for 55-58, and by the time you hit 55, it's faster than that to just have a friend summon you to Hellfire Penninsula and get run through the Blood Furnace/Hellfire Ramparts ad nauseum.

Bisnic said:
Blizzard wants more of your money. Go go pay us 50$ in 3 days! :lol

Who the hell want to transfer twice in 3 days? Do some search before selecting a server!

Well it's more like, you transfer to a realm and the guild you wanted to join tells you to get fucked. You basically can't do anything for 30 days.

kai3345

Banned
Kyoufu said:
The DK starting quests will take you to 58 though...

That's what I mean, I would rather level to 58 using a DK because I've heard that the DK starting quests are really fun and would rather level to 58 doing those than the normal vanilla wow's "kill this many of this" or "Find this number of this item" quests.

And then as soon as I get out of DK land, I can start on the much more interesting Burning Crusade content, and then eventually do my first raid.

I'm just about sick of playing my mage, so it will be nice to play something diffrent for a change.

CassSept

Xabora said:
I'm alliance foo!

http://i25.tinypic.com/r2tcud.jpg[IMG]
[i]Fanart: Yes, Good fan Art: Yes again![/i][/QUOTE]
But I play the faction that is actually good so I want worgens for meh!

For teh Horde!

kai3345 said:
That's what I mean, I would rather level to 58 using a DK because I've heard that the DK starting quests are really fun and would rather level to 58 doing those than the normal vanilla wow's "kill this many of this" or "Find this number of this item" quests.

And then as soon as I get out of DK land, I can start on the much more interesting Burning Crusade content, and then eventually do my first raid.

I'm just about sick of playing my mage, so it will be nice to play something diffrent for a change.

If you're excited about raiding, being a ranged dps such as a mage would get you into groups MUCH easier then as a death knight. I definitely regretted making my shaman enhancement, despite the fact that I really enjoy the play style. Due to the dearth of paladins and death knights I find it difficult to get into a 10 man Naxx pug as a melee.

Entropia

No One Remembers
WoW hasn't been melee friendly for awhile now. However I find it odd you can't find a group as an Enhancement Shaman. Atleast you're not an Elemental Shaman... :\

J-Rzez

Gloomfire said:
Ret Pallies needed to be nerfed in PVP. Next on the list should be Rogues.

I haven't followed the nerfs, but I'm glad they're finally getting normalized after they've ran rampant for so long. Next up, get the druids. Too much survivability in class that can shift from DPS to Tank, and heal itself. They fixed their interrupt now supposedly, which is a good thing if true, but next they to take care of their survivability, or their dps.

Rogues are working as intended. A melee class with little armor, no self healing, whose defense is dodge and stuns. As said, they've given up armor for mobility and dps. If caught with stuff on c/d, or played against properly, they'll most likely get blown up. Some argue that their survivability is too low at the moment but I think this is the most balanced they've been in a while.

Xabora said:
10qguiw.jpg

LET IT BEGIN!

/dance

EDIT:

Updated list, possible they merged these.

What is this?

edit: if I would've just read the post below I would've known.

Chris R

I love idiots who buy accounts and have NO idea at all how to play the game. Doing a HVH pug, a druid joins. We buff up and are waiting for marks from the druid who asks what? Well finally after getting buffs I check out his gear, and it is sick ass 213/226 tree gear. His current talent spec? Boomkin. The first portal opens and there is this big tauren sitting there casting moonfire... I was like why haven't you swapped to your dps gear and gone into boomkin form... we kicked his lame ass and just 4-manned it :lol

Ralys

Banned
I hope Blizzard does use this next expnasion to finish alot of the areas left over in the old world. Although how would Grim Batol be a zone if it was just a copy of Ironforge in Wetlands?

Xabora

Oh yay, I'm now the target of guild drama from a guild I left a little more than 2 months ago.

Going to be a fun week since the poor chap took a good bit out of his day to harass me.
Well, not the first time he has done it to someone also. :|

Anywho, ticket filed.

Sciz

Ralys said:
I hope Blizzard does use this next expnasion to finish alot of the areas left over in the old world. Although how would Grim Batol be a zone if it was just a copy of Ironforge in Wetlands?
I expect it to be a raid in the vein of Malygos, unless they'd rather let Deathwing continue to cheat death. He's still hanging out down there, along with who knows how many twilight dragons.

iamblades

Just got my paladin up to 79.5 and honored with sons of hodir, bought a titan steel shield wall and helm off AH for cheap, and working on argent crusade rep for the arcanum of the stalwart protector. Like one round of daily quests away from revered with wyrmrest for the boots and chest.

Should go quite a bit over 540 defense even with stats or health on chest, nice buffer for upgrades with less def.

Should be sitting at around 27k hp and 25k armor when i get everything enchanted and gemmed, can't wait. Gonna be broke as hell though.

:lol :lol

Need to run a bunch of heroics this weekend to get the badge libram and trinket cause mine suck horribly.

Ralys

Banned
Sciz said:
I expect it to be a raid in the vein of Malygos, unless they'd rather let Deathwing continue to cheat death. He's still hanging out down there, along with who knows how many twilight dragons.

That makes sense.

Do you guys remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ZKb61xxX0

It says Ironforge Alpha but i'm 99% sure Dopefish said back then that he took the alpha files for Grim Batol and just put it into Ironforges location.

Flib

I would hope, as one of the biggest lore characters in the game, that they'd give Deathwing more than just a quick Maly style instance, but you never know.

VAIL

Entropia said:
WoW hasn't been melee friendly for awhile now. However I find it odd you can't find a group as an Enhancement Shaman. At least you're not an Elemental Shaman... :\

I have people asking me to do stuff all the time as an Enhancement Shaman.

Started working on my rouge again, my 80hunter friend ran me through ZF and a chunk of Mauradon, got myself some Albino Crocscale Boots from good old Rotgrip I wanna redo my spec a bit, anyone got some suggestions?

here she is Smallerthanu

Anyone have a link to direct download the patch, my laptop doesn't wanna finish the download for some reason.

firex

Ralys said:
That makes sense.

Do you guys remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ZKb61xxX0

It says Ironforge Alpha but i'm 99% sure Dopefish said back then that he took the alpha files for Grim Batol and just put it into Ironforges location.
That's the Ironforge that existed from alpha until pretty early beta. Around the time they made the level cap 45 in beta, they redesigned IF into the way it looks today.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Flib said:
I would hope, as one of the biggest lore characters in the game, that they'd give Deathwing more than just a quick Maly style instance, but you never know.

Maly is a huge lore character as well... he deserved far more than what was there. (And no riding drakes please, ugh!)

Flib

Entropia said:
Maly is a huge lore character as well... he deserved far more than what was there. (And no riding drakes please, ugh!)

Maly is a huge character just in the fact that he is the head of the Blue Dragonflight, but Deathwing has played a much much larger roll in the past Warcraft games than Maly.

What Maly did deserve was a much better voice actor than the stupid blood elf actor.

firex

Flib said:
Maly is a huge character just in the fact that he is the head of the Blue Dragonflight, but Deathwing has played a much much larger roll in the past Warcraft games than Maly.

What Maly did deserve was a much better voice actor than the stupid blood elf actor.
how can you hate on Leonardo/Liquid Snake like that?

Cam Clarke does kind of suck though.

Flib

Also, does anyone know of any WoW podcasts which actually feature raiders (besides The Instance)? Everytime I check out a new podcast, the beginning sections where the hosts talk about what they've been doing since the last show always start with "Well, my guild finally tried Naxx, we cleared Spider but wiped for hours on Grobbulus" and I just have to turn it off. Raiding is really the only thing that interests me at the moment.

firex

Ralys said:
No shit, I just mean that it was an extremely weak flashback. For being a world destroying figure, Archimonde was a pansy.
He'd have to be a pansy to die to hundreds of thousands of fucking wisps detonating on him at once. It's like blowing up a sherman tank with a really long string of firecrackers.

firex

yeah, but archimonde had so much HP it wouldn't even fit on the screen in Warcraft 3. besides, wisps suck, just like everything else night elf.

Flib said:
Also, does anyone know of any WoW podcasts which actually feature raiders (besides The Instance)? Everytime I check out a new podcast, the beginning sections where the hosts talk about what they've been doing since the last show always start with "Well, my guild finally tried Naxx, we cleared Spider but wiped for hours on Grobbulus" and I just have to turn it off. Raiding is really the only thing that interests me at the moment.

Stompalina and Halfrott from the Rawrcast are some of the most hardcore raiders with a podcast that I know of. They do a great show too. It's right up there with the Instance. http://rawrbitchrawr.blogspot.com/

Xabora

Alex said:
They put in more masks now, but they're so half-assed. What a poor attempt at a cover up.

10128masks.jpg
Yeah, new masks are so low quality they even threw in Female Ogre concept art. :lol
Not to mentition you can see the template lines in some of the other ones.

itxaka

Defeatist
ugh, anyone has tried the new mobile phone authenticator?

EU zone here and the stupid thing can't initialize, says that the servers migth be down or that I have a problem with my phone connection (difficult as I had to download the stupid program xD )

Flib

itxaka said:

EU zone here and the stupid thing can't initialize, says that the servers migth be down or that I have a problem with my phone connection (difficult as I had to download the stupid program xD )

Today is maintenance day in the US (though it's over now) and tomorrow is maintenance day in the EU, so that could have something to do with the issues.

Weenerz

Banned
itxaka said:

That and theres probably a shit load of people trying to connect and overload the server.

Angry Grimace

Blizzard's new armor sets aren't lazy. The REAL Lazy is Blizz making the Heroic raids drop the SAME NAMED ITEMS with better stats :lol

50 bucks says if that makes it to live, you're going to see some kind of minor patch with new names for the items, since it serves virtually no purpose to have "heroic" Justicebringer vs. "regular" Justicebringer other than to save some naming effort. Just call it something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom