• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
day off, shit is down, wth going on

P.S. is there any like "Tanking 101" vids on youtube or the like, he'll any how to play your class videos? I need to send a few to some people.

Kyoufu

ZombieSupaStar said:

P.S. is there any like "Tanking 101" vids on youtube or the like, he'll any how to play your class videos? I need to send a few to some people.

I don't know but there are some how to speak English videos that I can send you!

kinoki said:
Resocketed for mp5 and am now sporting 400mp5 unbuffed. It's not bad, it's far from good. And like I thought the most annoying way to heal is to stack up as many FoL-hots as possible on the raid keeping the beacon'd target hotted with +7 hots or something. Annoying as hell to maintain. I'd never thought I'd say this but I miss Holy Light spamming.

The Flash of Light HoT doesn't transfer through Beacon and even if it did that kind of Sacred Shield juggling is a terrible waste of time and mana.

I haven't had any mana issues so far (with 228mp5, 26.2K mana unbuffed) but I'll reserve judgment until we do some hard (on mana) content like Algalon.

TomServo

jim-jam bongs said:
Deconstructor completely made us his love-slaves last night. The scrapbot numbers were INSANE, at least everyone got Nerf Scrapbots. Apparently it's been hotfixed since then.

It's hilarious that it was easier to down him on hard mode. We killed the heart, killed the pummelers, then the bomb bots. He heals to 100% anyway when the heart dies, so scrapbots making it to him didn't matter. After that it's the same old fight.

Wrekt

I ran the new 5 man a bunch last night.

It is easily the worst instance in the game. 5 minutes of RP followed by jousting. Then 9 inconsequential trash mobs followed by two more bosses. However, I quit doing 10/25 mans at Naxx so I pulled a few upgrades out of the zone. You definitely get rewarded for the little bit of effort you have to put into it but it just isn't a fun zone.

I think this was a holdover from when Tigole worked on WoW. Now he can say "see, we gave you an instance with hardly any trash and everybody hated it!" while ignoring that it was a single circular room where 1/2 of the instance is spent jousting and listening to Thrall and Varian yell at each other.

Kyoufu said:
I don't know but there are some how to speak English videos that I can send you!

HUR HUR HUR SO FUN E!, WANA WRASSLE!?

bh.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
ZombieSupaStar said:

tankspot.com is all you need!

I ran the 5 man heroic last night, I dunno why but the first 3 bosses(Rogue, Warrior(aka "fucking suplex guy", and hunter) fucked us hard.

TomServo

Kingbrave said:
Wow, they removed the pvp restriction of making a horde and alliance characters on the same server.

Yeah, horrible decision. Already had people make Horde characters to QQ in tells about being killed.

Interfectum

TomServo said:
Yeah, horrible decision. Already had people make Horde characters to QQ in tells about being killed.

Let'em QQ. If they want to take the time to log off, log back on and spam you... just type back to them "lol" /reportspam /ignore :lol

Magnus

We killed the crazy version of XT last night with the armies of adds coming in from the sides. First attempt was 21%, which wasn't bad considering we had no idea about the change and were caught off guard, and 7 of the ranged dps died right off the bat to a bomb or something. Second try we smoked it, had the tank kiting XT all over and like, teams of 3 going out to blow up the massive toybot armies.

What a fun fight. I'm almost sad they hotfixed it. :lol

19 Fragments :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TomServo said:
It makes sense. The faction change service wouldn't work without it and given that a large portion of the population isn't leveling anymore, who cares?

Are Holy Paladins any good in lvling up with other people?

I'm lvling up with a mage and a possible hunter later on that will replace the mage.. and I wanted to dish out some dmg but at the same time support.

At the moment I'm specced Ret.. but wasn't sure if I should switch over? Lvl 20 at the moment.

Flib

Magnus said:
We killed the crazy version of XT last night with the armies of adds coming in from the sides. First attempt was 21%, which wasn't bad considering we had no idea about the change and were caught off guard, and 7 of the ranged dps died right off the bat to a bomb or something. Second try we smoked it, had the tank kiting XT all over and like, teams of 3 going out to blow up the massive toybot armies.

What a fun fight. I'm almost sad they hotfixed it. :lol

19 Fragments :(

Yeah, the fight was really fun and allowed my finally get my Nerf Scrapbots achievement. We one shot it, but the fucking last phase wiped out a bunch of our dps so it was the slowest last 20% I've seen in a while. Reminds me of when we killed him during the first week of ulduar.

Flib

TurtleSnatcher said:

I'm lvling up with a mage and a possible hunter later on that will replace the mage.. and I wanted to dish out some dmg but at the same time support.

At the moment I'm specced Ret.. but wasn't sure if I should switch over? Lvl 20 at the moment.

You can still throw out enough heals that you should be fine for now.

Wrekt

TurtleSnatcher said:

Unless something changed since the BC days that I'm unaware of, most Pallies go ret until about 35 and then switch to prot for AE questing. You can heal the leveling instances fairly well without being holy but I find instances to not be worth the time anyway.

You might want to go holy if 50%+ of your time is spent in instances. If you guys just quest together, stay ret the entire way to 80.

Wrekt said:
Unless something changed since the BC days that I'm unaware of, most Pallies go ret until about 35 and then switch to prot for AE questing. You can heal the leveling instances fairly well without being holy but I find instances to not be worth the time anyway.

You might want to go holy if 50%+ of your time is spent in instances. If you guys just quest together, stay ret the entire way to 80.
Okay Ill do ret.

I was so bummed to get Seal of Command last night only to find they completely jacked with it and now it has like 0 burst

Sraza

Neo Member
TurtleSnatcher said:

This is relevant to my interests....

The idea I read about was to get a tenacity pet specced for tanking and use volley once my hunter hits 40 to aoe. Should be able to take 4 mobs solo and with a healer we might by able to pull 6-8, maybe even 10 at a time. Won't know for sure until we get there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wrekt said:
I ran the new 5 man a bunch last night.

It is easily the worst instance in the game. 5 minutes of RP followed by jousting. Then 9 inconsequential trash mobs followed by two more bosses. However, I quit doing 10/25 mans at Naxx so I pulled a few upgrades out of the zone. You definitely get rewarded for the little bit of effort you have to put into it but it just isn't a fun zone.

I think this was a holdover from when Tigole worked on WoW. Now he can say "see, we gave you an instance with hardly any trash and everybody hated it!" while ignoring that it was a single circular room where 1/2 of the instance is spent jousting and listening to Thrall and Varian yell at each other.
When you say "listen" you forgot that they don't have any spoken dialogue.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
meanwhile I like the new 5 man because it's 15 minutes or so and you get epics.
The amount of RP dialogue is greatly exaggerated. It's like 2 minutes of dialogue. They might want to up the difficulty of the first Champion phase. The only difficulty at all if if your group fails to mark champions to down in the joust because leaving all three up they will focus fire a single target's shield down to 0 in like 5 seconds. But if everyone focus fires a single target it's pretty easy to live through.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
*cough*
dmusfn.jpg

:D

Yes I can make acheivement forgeries ingame, and post it in tradechat.
Blizzard won't take kindly to that. Don't post your hard-mode Anub'arak/Alone in the Darkness forgery during a heavy play time.

firex

TurtleSnatcher said:
I don't know why.. but I want to turn my Paladin into a Shockadin..
feel free to try it but it doesn't work really. Had someone attempt shockadin in a heroic earlier and they did 900 dps. As a tank I did 1700 dps. the actual dps classes did 4k and 3k respectively.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
Blizzard won't take kindly to that. Don't post your hard-mode Anub'arak/Alone in the Darkness forgery during a heavy play time.
It doesn't give me or anyone the acheivement.
I did something like this back in classic, which is most likely why you can't alter the item names. >_>

Angry Grimace

firex said:
feel free to try it but it doesn't work really. Had someone attempt shockadin in a heroic earlier and they did 900 dps. As a tank I did 1700 dps. the actual dps classes did 4k and 3k respectively.
Speaking of heroics, shadow Priest in heroics sucks giant donkey balls. In any situation in which Mind Sear can't be spammed for 3000+ DPS, you do 1500 max, because everything dies too fast with all these dudes chaining heroics for badges.

Up against a Rogue + Mage, I finished dead last with 2400 DPS, mostly based on the times I *could* Mind Sear.

firex said:

I would be primarily a healer most likely but having the ability to burst one target down in a dueling pvp scenario or something would be nice.

Who cares about Heroic dps as long as you blow through it and aren't being carried (like said Shockadin for instance)? Yeah 2400 isn't that fantastic but I doubt you are holding the group back.

For fun I Tricks'ed all of the Confessor's ads to our tank and we did all of them in one go. Soooo many visual effects going on, especially for a 5-man (light wells shooting off, our healer popping tranquility to keep us all alive, paladin's consecration, my fan of knives, shaman's fire elemental and chain lightning).

Angry Grimace

Manick Joe said:
Who cares about Heroic dps as long as you blow through it and aren't being carried (like said Shockadin for instance)? Yeah 2400 isn't that fantastic but I doubt you are holding the group back.

For fun I Tricks'ed all of the Confessor's ads to our tank and we did all of them in one go. Soooo many visual effects going on, especially for a 5-man (light wells shooting off, our healer popping tranquility to keep us all alive, paladin's consecration, my fan of knives, shaman's fire elemental and chain lightning).
Shadow Priest has a set up time comparable to Ret Pallies with Seal of Vengeance, but we don't have any burst like Divine Storm. In raids where you have time to set stuff, Mind Sear is filled with win, although I seem to recall Mind Sear stacking Shadow Weaving before, which it doesn't do now.

How's the coliseum? I won't be able to play until about Tuesday (Family reunion) but am super pumped about trying this. Do I have to joust at all? because I hate that with a passion.

Epix

funkmastergeneral said:
How's the coliseum? I won't be able to play until about Tuesday (Family reunion) but am super pumped about trying this. Do I have to joust at all? because I hate that with a passion.
Ya the first 5 min are jousting. The whole thing takes about 15-20 min and drops pretty decent loot.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
You mean the raid or the 5 man?

We raid tonight, but my buddy raided day of release and they downed the Beasts of Northrend pretty easy. The Beasts were never supposed to be hard though. Basically, it's a three phase fight with each phase being a different boss; first is a magnataur, second is not one, but TWO Jormungars, and three is that Icehowl yeti that's sleeping outside.

The 5 man is pretty easy.

Angry Grimace

The items from the Trial of the Grand Crusader have now been datamined to to an error by Blizzard :lol

Highlights:

Death's Choice
Epic
Binds when picked up
Unique
Miscellaneous
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 258
Equip: Increases attack power by 288.
When you deal damage you have a chance to gain Paragon, increasing your Strength or Agility by 510 for 15 sec. Your highest stat is always chosen.

Reign of the Dead
Epic
Binds when picked up
Unique
Miscellaneous
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 258
Equip: Increases spell power by 168.
Equip: You gain a Shard of Flame each time you cause a damaging spell critical strike. When you reach 3 Shards, they will release, firing a Pillar of Flame for 1959 to 2275 damage. Shard of Flame cannot be gained more often than once every 2 sec.

Then of course, there are the ilvl 272 cloaks from a 50 attempt run.

i.e.

Jaina's Radiance
Epic
Binds when picked up
Cloth
Back
182 Armor (+0)
+74 Stamina
+74 Intellect
Red Socket
Socket Bonus: +5 Spell Power
Requires Level 80
Item Level 272
Equip: Increases spell power by 105.
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 65.
Equip: Improves haste rating by 57.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
The items from the Trial of the Grand Crusader have now been datamined to to an error by Blizzard :lol
Are you sure it was by blizzard or some wonkiness in their achievement system?

Angry Grimace said:
You mean the raid or the 5 man?

We raid tonight, but my buddy raided day of release and they downed the Beasts of Northrend pretty easy. The Beasts were never supposed to be hard though. Basically, it's a three phase fight with each phase being a different boss; first is a magnataur, second is not one, but TWO Jormungars, and three is that Icehowl yeti that's sleeping outside.

The 5 man is pretty easy.

So it's like the second boss in Utgarde Pinnacle? Sounds cool, except for the jousting. I'm horrible at it :(

Anyone have a loot list for the new 5 man?

firex

I seriously can't believe this new 5 man is legit. I mean, I just got an uld10 quality tank helm in what has been the easiest instance yet. Blizzard's crazy! But I love it.

Xabora

firex said:
I seriously can't believe this new 5 man is legit. I mean, I just got an uld10 quality tank helm in what has been the easiest instance yet. Blizzard's crazy! But I love it.
Catchup instance. :lol

And this shit here is getting annoying day after day after day.
GMs come in, remove them, 5m-30m later. BAM! Right back again.
xdy0cn.jpg

Don't go to the sites, gold resellers / danger of the loggers of yon keys.

Won

Love how perfect the red one looks compared to the green one. :lol

I guess Blizzard will somehow limit how many characters you can create in an hour or something pretty soon. :/

Also I really love the mount changes in this patch. Leveling in Outland with a flying mount is awesome. Too bad I don't have too much time to play my twinks. Kinda skipped the last patch and now have to catch up on my main. ^^

firex

Won said:
Love how perfect the red one looks compared to the green one. :lol

I guess Blizzard will somehow limit how many characters you can create in an hour or something pretty soon. :/

Also I really love the mount changes in this patch. Leveling in Outland with a flying mount is awesome. Too bad I don't have too much time to play my twinks. Kinda skipped the last patch and now have to catch up on my main. ^^
Leveling my 44 warrior with an epic land mount is a godsend, too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would love to play my alts, but i also want to do it with BOA chest + shoulders + weapon and getting all the required Champion's Seals will take a while since i use all my emblems to gear my main. /cry

If only i didn't use 150 of those seals for a hippogryph a few months ago.

firex

yeah, I used old emblems when I had nothing else to spend them on for my paladin. I also bought cloth heirloom shoulders for my mage but I should get him way more heirlooms first (at least the chest and caster trinket). I don't have heirlooms for everything, but more than enough (weapon, shoulders, chest, haste trinket for my warrior)

Yea, leveling is completely broken right now. It took me two hours and ten minutes for the whole of 77, only doing about 2/3 of Sholazar. Once I start Icecrown and Storm it'll just be faster.

I power leveled engineering before heading out at lvl 76 yesterday, so hand rockets + electric trinket more than made up for whatever supposed nerf in burst ret got. I even took down a number of 80s trying to gank me. The new taunt is awesome for pulling too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom