• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

ianswoody said:
Sonuva, just need Page 2 of that damn Shredder Operating Manual and there hasn't been on in AH for 2 days and I've been farming for it while questing in Ashenvale and I have about 2 of every other goddamn page.
Spam general in Ashenvale. Most people I know don't even bother AHing the pages. They either use them or vendor them.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Got tricked into running two heroic marathons, one on alliance and one on horde. 10 heroics on Warlock (H) and 9 on Warrior (A). Never again, never again. But I did get two new pieces of T8, one for each. :)

Chris R

Ok so I join another HToC group today. This time they were much better geared than the group I first ran it with. I guess the new strat is to "wipe" after doing the jousting so the bosses reset? WTF :lol Expect a patch sometime soon to prevent people from running out the door after the jousting is done. I also found that if you aren't grouping close for AoE heals in phase 3 you will probably die :lol

rhfb said:
Ok so I join another HToC group today. This time they were much better geared than the group I first ran it with. I guess the new strat is to "wipe" after doing the jousting so the bosses reset? WTF :lol Expect a patch sometime soon to prevent people from running out the door after the jousting is done. I also found that if you aren't grouping close for AoE heals in phase 3 you will probably die :lol

that seems to be the case in every group i do, too. It's sooo much easier just to wipe it, the tanks i run with can never get aggro on all three before at least one person dies. Hardest part of the instance, heh.

funkmastergeneral said:
that seems to be the case in every group i do, too. It's sooo much easier just to wipe it, the tanks i run with can never get aggro on all three before at least one person dies. Hardest part of the instance, heh.

Yeah it's a bit poorly thought out imo. The bosses should "reset" to their post-wipe positions on dismount. They could even use it as an opportunity to add even more NPC yells and emotes to an already laden instance.

Chris R

funkmastergeneral said:
Very first group I did it with had no problem doing it. DPS does nothing, while tank picks stuff up, healer just throws the min needed. But then again this group I was with can only zerg 25 man naxx and other easy instances like that.

Evlar said:
Friend of mine leveled from 74 to 77 in two days doing nothing but Alterac Valley.

Haha. I knew a kid in Vanilla days that claimed he leveled 51-60 in the Harpy cave in AV. He was pretty retarded though.

Xabora

And finally downed Yogg 10 tonight (with no one going insane).
Bonus 2 shot beasts of northrend (10), and we have ToC25 tomorrow. :D

Muh new 1H Axe:
311t2dc.jpg

SyNapSe

wtf, i just rejoined after a year off. I've been randomly playing different guys. what the sweet hell at DKs in the 57-60 bgs. They suck you in and then drop an instant 2500+ damage on my guy. srsly, are they always that good?

Xabora

SyNapSe said:
wtf, i just rejoined after a year off. I've been randomly playing different guys. what the sweet hell at DKs in the 57-60 bgs. They suck you in and then drop an instant 2500+ damage on my guy. srsly, are they always that good?
Considering they start with gear equiv to L60 T2, yeah they can plow though stuff.
Esp when given better gear.

Chris R

Kyoufu said:
Define insane XP please. I might give it a go if its decent.
600k an hour. Basically you get 20k per tower you destroy and Balinda, and then 26k or so for Vann.

Plus it beats the hell out of doing the same old quests in dragonsblight for the 3rd time :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, I picked up a 60 day gamecard to play some WoW for my MMO fill in. Not sure if I should roll a Druid or Hunter this time around. Druid because I've never tried it and Hunter because its kind of relaxing play. Either way, mooo!

VaLiancY

Xabora said:
And finally downed Yogg 10 tonight (with no one going insane).
Bonus 2 shot beasts of northrend (10), and we have ToC25 tomorrow. :D

Muh new 1H Axe:

I love the human model for exception of the thick legs and walking animation but you indeed look hot.

firex

I got dismounted on our Eregos kill in H-Oculus, so I don't have experienced drake rider, but I have all the voids now. Just need to kill him on an amber drake + do the 20 minute speed run + kill the shadow guy in H-VH without killing his adds.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Weenerz said:
The AV xp numbers may be a bit too high atm, for an AV win earlier I got 72k xp, on top of 18k for each tower and Galv.
Shhhh. Everything is working as intended!

Kyoufu

rhfb said:
600k an hour. Basically you get 20k per tower you destroy and Balinda, and then 26k or so for Vann.

Plus it beats the hell out of doing the same old quests in dragonsblight for the 3rd time :lol

Wow I need to try it. Too bad my rogue is nowhere near level 50 :(

Weenerz

Banned
I've been doing an AV, sitting in queue while doing quests in dragonblight over and over. I get about 2 quests done before the next AV pops :lol

ACE 1991

bleh... I really wanna get back into wow again... But everything I'm reading about it points to the fact that game is being continually dumbed down in the name of "accessibility."

VaLiancY

I see no problem with it. I would've been burned out a long time ago due to the super hardcore players. Now i'm able to level alts a lot faster and experience the game different.

Kintaro

ACE 1991 said:
bleh... I really wanna get back into wow again... But everything I'm reading about it points to the fact that game is being continually dumbed down in the name of "accessibility."

Who cares as long as you have fun.

Add ons: Question probably answered 800 times, but where are the best add-ons to start with? Nothing complicated, just looking to adjust action bars, stuff like that. Basically, what addon/mods would you give to complete newb to start with? I rolled a Hunter if that helps.

VaLiancY

Kintaro said:

Add ons: Question probably answered 800 times, but where are the best add-ons to start with? Nothing complicated, just looking to adjust action bars, stuff like that. Basically, what addon/mods would you give to complete newb to start with? I rolled a Hunter if that helps.

You probably have Carbonite for leveling. For action bars, I use Bartender 4, you can swap shit around to your heart's content. OmniCC for cooldown timers and sometimes I use TitanPanel.

Evlar

Banned
I love Pitbull for unit frames. Tiptac is a nice, compact little add-on that improves your tooltip Shows target's target, talent spec, and even buffs in a nice clean window that doesn't dominate screen space. Quartz is a good casting bar add-on with a raft of options.

It's a very good idea to get a bag add-on which will make managing your inventory much less of a headache. I use Combuctor, which has the usual bells and whistles- one single bag window, ability to search by name, and bank viewing anywhere. It'll even let you view the bank of other characters, tell you how many of an item you have on your current character and all others on a realm, and it will allow you to filter inventory items by type (trade items, consumables, etc.) and sub-type (gems, recipes, etc.) and by grade (common, rare, epic, etc.) It's a huge help.

Finally, for a hunter, you should look into a range add-on, which will show how far you are to a target. I'm using RangeDisplay, which can show the distance to your target, to your focus (important for healers), and on your mouseover. Ranges are shown as text with a certain amount of precision: 15 to 20 yards, for example. This is limited by the WoW client itself, so all range addons are working with the same restrictions; they just show the data in different ways.

iamblades

Kintaro said:

Get Carbonite for sure.

I use Dominos for actionbars, cause they seem to be easier to get set up than bartender imo. but it's just a matter of taste.

Depending on how much enjoyment you get from exploration during question you may or may not want to use tourguide. It makes it so much easier to grind out a bunch of quests at a time, but it also takes away from the sense of discovery when you find something new, because it is telling you everything to do.

Lightheaded is also a very good addon for questing. It lets you pop open a tab with all the info about any of your current quests from wowhead in it. Helps if you get stuck finding something for a quest, you don't have to alt tab to check wowhead because its right there in game.

Kintaro said:

Go to wowinterface.com or curse.com. All the addons are broken by category. Pick and choose which one you need.

Won

The last time I actually started with a clean install and a new character I only used a bag addon.

The rest is kinda unnecessary before you start getting into the endgame imo. But thats just me.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
We just wiped on Flame Leviathan and went back into the instance, it popped up with the "you will get saved" if you dont leave message.

What kinda bug is that? We got saved to a different ulduar that no one was in? No on could have been saved, and the Raid Leader just recently got 80. How is this even possible?

Won said:
The last time I actually started with a clean install and a new character I only used a bag addon.

The rest is kinda unnecessary before you start getting into the endgame imo. But thats just me.
You must have leveled slow w/o stuff like TourGuide and Carbonite. That stuff makes things SOO efficent.

Its how I ended up getting from Lvl 22 on Friday to Lvl 47 on Sunday evening with Sraza (Another GAFer)..

Kintaro

I picked up Dominos, Combuctor (icons are huge though), Lightheaded (this is nice), Cartographer and Auctioneer. I think I'm set for now. :D Layout is nice and simple with some perks.

ACE 1991

So I bit the bullet and reactivated my account. :lol

Now, some questions: With the recent patch, what is the defacto Death Knight pvp (burst damage) spec? Also, what are some of the necessary pvp addons these days?

Won

TurtleSnatcher said:
You must have leveled slow w/o stuff like TourGuide and Carbonite. That stuff makes things SOO efficent.

Its how I ended up getting from Lvl 22 on Friday to Lvl 47 on Sunday evening with Sraza (Another GAFer)..

WoW is not exactly rocket science. I know where and how to stack my quests. :p

I also still believe new players should level without questhelpers. It is easy enough as it is and maybe some people even learn that "east" refers to the right end of the map.

TurtleSnatcher said:

Well no, you did that because of RAF as you said earlier. At any rate, I've been levelling a character on and off for the past month and got them from 30 - 76 without the use of any guides or mods, or RAF. That may not be super "efficient" but I'll gladly admit that efficiency isn't a metric I apply to my leisure activities generally. It was rather "fun" however.

jim-jam bongs said:
Well no, you did that because of RAF as you said earlier. At any rate, I've been levelling a character on and off for the past month and got them from 30 - 76 without the use of any guides or mods, or RAF. That may not be super "efficient" but I'll gladly admit that efficiency isn't a metric I apply to my leisure activities generally. It was rather "fun" however.
Oddly enough Ive had the most fun Ive had in WoW since Vanilla Beta in the past 4-5 days.

We just have diff definitions of fun. But I also had fun the other way. So yes your definition of 'fun' isnt the only.

Won said:
WoW is not exactly rocket science. I know where and how to stack my quests. :p

I also still believe new players should level without questhelpers. It is easy enough as it is and maybe some people even learn that "east" refers to the right end of the map.

I think the benefit to something like TourGuide though is that it will tell you to kill some units to receive an item which will be beneficial in another zone which it knows you are going to in say .. 3-4 levels. Just saves time from getting there then having to go "Oh fudge now I gotta fly back .. I was just there!" types of things.

But I agree. Some people do need to learn their east from west :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom