• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
30 fragments now. And then all out of the blue people got strangly convicted to the idea of killing Assembly of Iron hardmode (which would mean progress) so I never got to hand in the quest last night. Let's hope that people's sanity is restored until sunday's raid.

Love the "buff" to XT-002 which they said they fixed. Normal mode is now harder than hard mode. And healing as a paladin for the first time in a 25-man setting was... annoying. I kind of liked the idea of paladins being the healer for retarded people. Kind of proves you need more monitoring addons running now.

Overall I didn't really enjoy the changes to mana-regen because it was so much more unpredictable. Not looking forward to fights like Vezax, although the FoL changes will help alot in that fight.

Macattk15

kinoki said:
30 fragments now. And then all out of the blue people got strangly convicted to the idea of killing Assembly of Iron hardmode (which would mean progress) so I never got to hand in the quest last night. Let's hope that people's sanity is restored until sunday's raid.

Love the "buff" to XT-002 which they said they fixed. Normal mode is now harder than hard mode. And healing as a paladin for the first time in a 25-man setting was... annoying. I kind of liked the idea of paladins being the healer for retarded people. Kind of proves you need more monitoring addons running now.

Overall I didn't really enjoy the changes to mana-regen because it was so much more unpredictable. Not looking forward to fights like Vezax, although the FoL changes will help alot in that fight.

That stinks.

We're almost at our 2nd Legendary mace. This happened because 2 guilds merged and each person had like 15 fragments. Well one guy had more than the other so he got his first but now the next guy in line has like 26.

Gonna be pretty crazy. Priest + Shaman with that mace in the raid ... and they are always on.

arhra

kinoki said:
Love the "buff" to XT-002 which they said they fixed. Normal mode is now harder than hard mode.

From our 10-man last night, in a single heart phase (also note that this is after we manage to blow enough up to get Nerf Scrapbots... and there was another, similarly-sized group offscreen to the left coming from the front-left scrap pile):

Kyoufu

Levelling without RAF is somewhat bearable with 2 BoA pieces and the TourGuide addon which basically holds your hand and tells you where to go and do which quest. Good shit.

arhra

The WotLK DVD will do a full install, vanilla+TBC+WotLK. No need to go through installing one then the other than the third seperately.

Nobiru said:
Gonna reinstall, can I just install Wotlk? or do I have to start from scratch?

You can use just your WotLK disc. Install what's on there and then have fun patching. Set aside several hours for this process if you use the updater.

Xabora said:
Catchup instance. :lol

And this shit here is getting annoying day after day after day.
GMs come in, remove them, 5m-30m later. BAM! Right back again.
xdy0cn.jpg

Don't go to the sites, gold resellers / danger of the loggers of yon keys.
Yup annoying as hell, been going on on Tich for months now...still doesn't stop -_-

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I managed to die on Lava Dog boss in Heroic VH yesterday :lol

Our tank (guild buddy) took maybe one of every 5 melee hits to him and when he did get hit it wasn't enough for a Flash Heal to be less than 50% overheal. Needless to say, I was barely paying attention. Kind of a problem with Healing: there's not even really epeen vanity meters to jack yourself up so I barely pay any attention on anything other than progression healing.

Speaking of progression healing: Trial of the Crusader is kind of a gear/skills check on 10 man. I'm sure someone will disagree and say it's super easy, but those Snobolds are at that sweet spot in health where they need to be removed immediately, but it takes enough time that it's too long for ramp up classes to do max DPS to them, but way too much to assign less than everybody that can reach them to them. Plus they can target everyone, even freaking tanks. It really seems like an encounter that's designed to not let you get by with a bunch of ilvl 200 pieces still on you.

Plus the damage from his Fire Patches is like 5000 a second, even the mandatory 1-2 seconds you take before going in is pretty damn brutal.

We got through to the two jormungars (barely), but not past them. Granted, we had only 6/10 of our normal raiders on, and I don't normally heal, I normally shadow DPS.

I am still stunned that the new Trial of the Crusader 5 man on heroic drops loot as good as 10 man Ulduar loot! It is a bit of a challenge but its way easier than getting 10 together for Ulduar. And you can run it everyday?!? That is amazing. I guess epics aren't such a big deal anymore to them.

The Dark One

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DarkMage619 said:
I am still stunned that the new Trial of the Crusader 5 man on heroic drops loot as good as 10 man Ulduar loot! It is a bit of a challenge but its way easier than getting 10 together for Ulduar. And you can run it everyday?!? That is amazing. I guess epics aren't such a big deal anymore to them.

The Dark One
Epics never were really all that amazing; the ilvl is a lot more important than quality. Although the items in the new instance are of very good quality, and the loot tables are very large.

People are getting a little too wrapped up in the "mystic quality" of purple items (i.e. "waaaah free epics"). Being "epic" in quality means almost nothing. The mere fact your gear is purple in color doesn't mean you can wander straight into heroic Trial.

What I think is bullshit is all the new mail dps gear has armor penetration on it, which is a unwanted stat as a enhancement shaman. I have no qualms with them wanting to load up the gear with armor pen for hunters, but at least make it useful for us too.

firex

It's just good gear to get you caught up for raiding, so it's not perfect in every slot. I don't think ArP is that good for hunters either, but maybe something changed recently so it is. The plate DPS gear seems almost entirely warrior-built which is going to make my warrior happy when I go through it. Plus the 2h axe is pretty beastly.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
What I think is bullshit is all the new mail dps gear has armor penetration on it, which is a unwanted stat as a enhancement shaman. I have no qualms with them wanting to load up the gear with armor pen for hunters, but at least make it useful for us too.
You're a Shaman. Blizzard doesn't care.

Macattk15

Why would ArP ever be BAD? Sure it may not be as useful as crit or something .... but you add that ArP up little by little and you'll see your DPS numbers skyrocket.

Macattk15 said:
Why would ArP ever be BAD? Sure it may not be as useful as crit or something .... but you add that ArP up little by little and you'll see your DPS numbers skyrocket.

Because only half of enhancement shaman dps is physical damage, the other half is spell damage. So it's not worth as much as hit, expertise, crit, or attack power. Ever since Ulduar came out they've been loading up pieces with armor pen, which I would have no problem with if it was useful to me.

firex

speaking of expertise, get those rogue boots from heroic. agi/stamina, red socket, expertise/crit/AP is pretty badass for a shaman.

Weenerz

Banned
Next expansion I'm guessing they'll change spell penetration and armor penetration to just penetration, like they did with WotLK and crit/hit.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
Because only half of enhancement shaman dps is physical damage, the other half is spell damage. So it's not worth as much as hit, expertise, crit, or attack power. Ever since Ulduar came out they've been loading up pieces with armor pen, which I would have no problem with if it was useful to me.

But isn't usually the biggest component of your damage from normal white Melee hits and Windfury attacks?

That is the way it is with our Enhancement shaman who puts up DPS near me on single target things, usually a little bit less ... 3-400 hundred.

His name is Bodyslam on Trollbane - US if you want to compare ... yes he has good gear, no I don't know how much ArP he runs. It seems like ArP wouldn't be that bad when 50% of your damage is physical. (I'm Sikar on Trollbane - a rogue).

Angry Grimace

Weenerz said:
Next expansion I'm guessing they'll change spell penetration and armor penetration to just penetration, like they did with WotLK and crit/hit.
I don't want to imagine trade chat if they had "penetration rating"

The problem with that is that in PvE is that most mobs and bosses have static spell resist values. I don't think Spell Pen. works on it.

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
I don't want to imagine trade chat if they had "penetration rating"

The problem with that is that in PvE is that most mobs and bosses have static spell resist values. I don't think Spell Pen. works on it.
"I'm penetration capped."

DarkMage619 said:
I am still stunned that the new Trial of the Crusader 5 man on heroic drops loot as good as 10 man Ulduar loot!

Strictly speaking, the hunter gloves that come from H TotC are better than anything in Ulduar, including the ones from hardmode XT. I'd even place em above the entry tier 9 ones.

That shit might be lvl 212, but most shit in there is fucking itemized like a hoss.

Son of Godzilla said:
Strictly speaking, the hunter gloves that come from H TotC are better than anything in Ulduar, including the ones from hardmode XT. I'd even place em above the entry tier 9 ones.

That shit might be lvl 212, but most shit in there is fucking itemized like a hoss.

it all sucks for enhancement shaman :(

Angry Grimace

Son of Godzilla said:

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Tried getting my tanking trinket on my warrior and thus doing the ToC5-man for the first time. Damn, it was boring. I remember when MgT launched. That was so much fun. This was an uninspired mess with a few bosses that didn't have anything special. I had really high hopes for the boss that was going to spawn memories.

Trinket didn't drop in half a dozen tries so I'll come back tomorrow.

Angry Grimace

kinoki said:
Tried getting my tanking trinket on my warrior and thus doing the ToC5-man for the first time. Damn, it was boring. I remember when MgT launched. That was so much fun. This was an uninspired mess with a few bosses that didn't have anything special. I had really high hopes for the boss that was going to spawn memories.

Trinket didn't drop in half a dozen tries so I'll come back tomorrow.
Stop doing it on normal :lol

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
Have you seen the tanking trinket that drops? It's awesome, and finally an upgrade for Essence of Gossamer.
I've seen it like 4 times, because that's the number of times it dropped in 5 tries.

so i had 3 games of like 15 on 40, ally/horde on the isle of conquest, shouldnt it auto close with that imbalance? and also why do no alliance queue for it?

Angry Grimace

They need to change the heroic Trial of the Champion so that you don't just get picked off the second the Joust ends and the champions are fought on foot on the grounds you tank can't pick up mobs with no main hand weapon.

So the other day I asked GAF if anyone wanted to do the 'Refer a Friend' program and level up with me as I wanted to start a new character. Fellow GAFer Sraza offered and I started my paladin while he started a new mage.

We had good scheduling as we both worked similar times and played when we got home for 3-4 hours then went to bed.

Well in 3 days.. Sraza and I have hit Level 32.. Absolutely nuts! Mounts help a ton.. and being efficient with our quest turn ins etc. Tonight I didn't even fight once during lvl 31.. It was all turn-in's and I skipped a level!! :lol

Ive been having an absolute blast :)

Arozay

Angry Grimace said:
They need to change the heroic Trial of the Champion so that you don't just get picked off the second the Joust ends and the champions are fought on foot on the grounds you tank can't pick up mobs with no main hand weapon.
They're frozen for like 5 seconds before auto-aggro.

kinoki

Angry Grimace said:
Stop doing it on normal :lol

Actually I did it on heroic once on my pally (snooze mode) with mains in some Ulduar10/25 hard mode epics. I didn't have to heal the 3rd boss... I think it's the 3rd atleast, the Black Knight. Hard to know what's trash and what's a boss tbh.

Then I did it on heroic on my warlock and snoozed it another time. Third time on heroic on my warrior, tanking, and it was more bearable since I had to pick up mobs and hold threat. We cleared that in about an hour. Then I farmed normal mode for 5 tries in hopes for the trinket. No luck. Started today with 3 runs of it normal before running some heroics, still no drop. Hopefully tomorrow before we raid.

It's a 10 min loot instance. Sure, it makes sense lorewise to award new armor to your soldiers in sports before a battle. But, apart from that it fails. It's so utterly boring but it'll fill up the gbank with Shards, so I'm happy.

Retro

ZombieSupaStar said:
so i had 3 games of like 15 on 40, ally/horde on the isle of conquest, shouldnt it auto close with that imbalance? and also why do no alliance queue for it?

Because they're all standing around on their NE Huntard and Rogue twinks waiting for Level 29 WSG to queue?

kai3345

Banned
Did my first raid last night, the Ruins of Anj'k-something. It was really fun. It was a 20 man lvl 60 raid, and since we didn't have enough lvl60's we took a few 70's and 80's along to balance it out.

It was so awesome. We managed to get to Moam without any trouble, but once we got to that giant beetle boss with the eggs, shit started to fall apart:lol

Only 3 out of 9 of us were on Vent and the guy couldn't for some reason explain it all thru type (lazyness I guess) to the other guys, so me and this other girl had to try and explain it and we kept contradictng each other.

We wiped 3 times :lol

But even so, that being my first raid, it was an awesome experience.

Cipherr

arhra said:
From our 10-man last night, in a single heart phase (also note that this is after we manage to blow enough up to get Nerf Scrapbots... and there was another, similarly-sized group offscreen to the left coming from the front-left scrap pile):

mmmmmm is that a new bug in the patch? Thats a lot of fucking bots, way more than normal, I suppose thats what your referring to though, but wow.

1up

Puncture said:
mmmmmm is that a new bug in the patch? Thats a lot of fucking bots, way more than normal, I suppose thats what your referring to though, but wow.

There are videos on youtube about the bug, it was actually pretty funny, seeing an army of bots coming at you. Made getting Nerf Scrapbots super easy.

ianswoody

Sonuva, just need Page 2 of that damn Shredder Operating Manual and there hasn't been on in AH for 2 days and I've been farming for it while questing in Ashenvale and I have about 2 of every other goddamn page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom