• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
It's not a major content patch, its a fun addition. Now if she was the only addition in a content patch, I'd see why the people would be crying. They said 3.2.2 would have a ton of surprises, so don't cry so soon.

Loxley

Jesus Christ at the people bitching at Blizzard for revamping Ony.

This is not intended to be "the next big raid", or the center-piece for some giant content-patch ("big plans for 3.2.2" is alluding to the simple fact that they're celebrating five years). It's not like Tier 9 will be dropping in the raid. Do you people seriously have a fork shoved so far up your asses that you can't just enjoy an unexpected and fun (not to mention: optional) return to classic content?

Don't like it? Then don't fucking do it. Going to the boards and throwing conspiracy theories around about Blizzard being lazy and rehashing old-content in this instance is ludicrously stupid; since, again, they never announced this prior to today, so don't even try to whine that this is replacing some brand-new huge pre-Icecrown 25-man. They didn't have to do this, this isn't the next big step in level-80 content once your guild is farming Ulduar.

Sorry, but the sense of entitlement this community has makes them act like a bunch of spoiled whiny brats.

At any rate, maybe now the ignorant witch will drop my Judgement Crown after four years :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Weenerz said:
It's not a major content patch, its a fun addition. Now if she was the only addition in a content patch, I'd see why the people would be crying. They said 3.2.2 would have a ton of surprises, so don't cry so soon.
No kidding. 3.2.2 hardly sounds the next super major patch guys :lol

I honestly don't even expect it to be a Tier raid; since it's an Anniversary raid. I think it's totally awesome, actually.

Loxley said:
Jesus Christ at the people bitching at Blizzard for revamping Ony.

This is not intended to be "the next big raid", or the center-piece for some giant content-patch ("big plans for 3.2.2" is alluding to the simple fact that they're celebrating five years). It's not like Tier 9 will be dropping in the raid. Do you people seriously have a fork shoved so far up your asses that you can't just enjoy an unexpected and fun (not to mention: optional) return to classic content?

Don't like it? Then don't fucking do it. Going to the boards and throwing conspiracy theories around about Blizzard being lazy and rehashing old-content in this instance is ludicrously stupid; since, again, they never announced this prior to today, so don't even try to whine that this is replacing some brand-new huge pre-Icecrown 25-man. They didn't have to do this, this isn't the next big step in level-80 content once your guild is farming Ulduar.

Sorry, but the sense of entitlement this community has once again makes them is act like a bunch of spoiled whiny brats.

At any rate, maybe now the ignorant witch will drop my Judgement Crown after four years :D

Bu.....but I needz a new 25 man after Ulduar and ToC jsut camez outz.

ACE 1991

ACE 1991 said:
So I'm currently honor grinding... Would it make more sense for me to save up all of my honor and just buy the deadly gladiator set when that goes to the honor system at the start of season 7?

Just a little bump... Curious if any knows anything about this.

speedpop said:
In the Arthas: Rise of the Lich King book, they talk about 3 entities within the Lich King.

There is Arthas as he is now, the Lich King. There is Ner'zhul, who has lost his body form but lives on in spirit. And then there is the boy Matthias Lehner, an anagram of Arthas Menethil, and is the last remaining shred of humanity within the Lich King.

Whether Arthas can be saved or not, WoW has said otherwise during the questline involving Matthias.

I doubt that Arthas can be saved, as that quest line is pretty blunt about him being beyond salvation. However, that doesn't mean that Ner'zhul can't pull a Voldemort.

My prediction is that Icecrown will end with Ner'zhul being cast from Arthas body in a process that will kill his physical form (i.e. Arthas himself). As he dies, Matthias comes and rejoins his spirit, then leaves Azeroth forever. That way he can finally be "redeemed" but never saved, which seems a fitting end to the saga.

J-Rzez

So... about that dance studio that was promised before Wrath launched and was a bullet point. Spin it, prove blizzard innocent, keep fighting the good fight.

They don't owe us anything, but if they didn't do anything, they wouldn't have the numbers of players that they do. They're not doing it from the goodness of their hearts, they're doing it so they can imitate Scrooge McDuck's vault.

J-Rzez said:
Can't wait for them to turn Scarlet Monastery into a new and exciting 10-25 man raid. They just can't control themselves anymore. Did they reach the limits of the talent they have at that office? And they need to gtfo with recycling the tier stuff. It's pushed my buttons for a while now, but this maybe the final bump I need to finally cancel my subscription, pending on the rest of the new and exciting content for new and veteran players.

RAGE

Actually I'd love a 10/25 SM raid! There is so much lore in the old world instances, and it's silly that a level 55 can solo Fairbanks, Whitemaine and Mograine. Who cares about the loot?

J-Rzez said:
No, it is not going to be fun. New content should be just that. We've had Naxx recycled, now this. And it's the lapdogs that's allowing this to happen. It's a shame there isn't another MMO out there with as fun/refined gameplay.

"Lapdogs"?

Van Cleef, is that you?!?

Tamanon

Banned
Man, MMO players can sometimes be entitled bitches.

This is just a random thing added to a non-content patch, a bonus for the fans, that's it. I guess J-Razz also bitches about holiday events and April Fools' content.:lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
So... about that dance studio that was promised before Wrath launched and was a bullet point. Spin it, prove blizzard innocent, keep fighting the good fight.

They don't owe us anything, but if they didn't do anything, they wouldn't have the numbers of players that they do. They're not doing it from the goodness of their hearts, they're doing it so they can imitate Scrooge McDuck's vault.
They are a for-profit entity.

Nobody needs to defend Blizzard, they do their work to earn my money by adding shit I want in the game. Period.

As for Arthas, he will probably die outright. He was kind of a dick even before becoming a DK and then the LK.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:

DanceMoves.dbc said:
Default fallback -EmoteTalkQuestion
All - Talk
All - Bow
All - Wave
All - Cheer
All - Rude
All - Roar
All - Chicken
All - FX - Frost Nova
Gnome - FemaleLaugh
Dance Ready
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 2
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 3
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 4
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 5
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 6
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 7
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 8
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 9
Blood Elf - Female - Dance Var 10
Hold - 2 Sec
Hold - 4 Sec
Repeat - 5 Sec
Repeat - 10 Sec

Its been like that since beta.
But on the forums, blizzard was asking what their favorite dances for druid forms were.

Sciz

Today I picked up my netherwing drakes, albino drake, and winterspring frostsaber. I feel considerably more stylish now.

firex

speedpop said:
Awesome. We even get a little Onyxia pet!

I suppose that could explain the reasons why I never bother going full-on with WoW because my main is a Shaman and the closest class I have towards 80 are lvl 30s; Warrior, Warlock, Hunter, Paladin, Druid, and Priest. Throw in the usual lvl 60 Death Knight and that's about it.

Had a desire earlier today to resub and just start something anew. I enjoyed the heck out of Hunter (as I always do) in the PTR premades, so I'm thinking of just grabbing one and going for the cap.

Is it hard to get the heirlooms?
nah. If you are either at the crusader rank of the Argent Tournament or just do heroics, you can buy heirlooms. 40 emblems for chest/shoulder armor (or 60 champion seals) and then buy a weapon if you want, although if you play a caster/healer class I honestly recommend going for one or both trinkets first.

Magnus

Onyxia sounds awesome, great touch for an 'anniversary' raid.

Also, Fragment Fail 2009 continued; nothing but the one off Yogg. /wrist

We officers are also contemplating abandoning Ulduar pretty soon, given the Crusader rewards are rivaling or severely outclassing even hard mode Ulduar drops. There are of course many exceptions, which might keep us there at least one month more. Hopefully that'll be enough time for my treat. :p

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Magnus said:
Onyxia sounds awesome, great touch for an 'anniversary' raid.

Also, Fragment Fail 2009 continued; nothing but the one off Yogg. /wrist

We officers are also contemplating abandoning Ulduar pretty soon, given the Crusader rewards are rivaling or severely outclassing even hard mode Ulduar drops. There are of course many exceptions, which might keep us there at least one month more. Hopefully that'll be enough time for my treat. :p

Now that we have the mace we're never setting foot in Ulduar again if not to get our Iron-Bound Proto-Drakes. Hardmodes all the way.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Tamanon said:
Man, MMO players can sometimes be entitled bitches.

This is just a random thing added to a non-content patch, a bonus for the fans, that's it. I guess J-Razz also bitches about holiday events and April Fools' content.:lol
lol, yeah. damn them for reusing the holiday events every year! unbelievable!

Won

J-Rzez said:
Can't wait for them to turn Scarlet Monastery into a new and exciting 10-25 man raid. They just can't control themselves anymore. Did they reach the limits of the talent they have at that office? And they need to gtfo with recycling the tier stuff. It's pushed my buttons for a while now, but this maybe the final bump I need to finally cancel my subscription, pending on the rest of the new and exciting content for new and veteran players.

Just adding my ":lol" here.

:lol

firex

Son of Godzilla said:
The only reason to bitch about Ony is because it wasn't released back in April. Ulduar not having a new throw away one encounter to accompany it = sucky.
I figured that was what Emalon was about.

mclem

All times local time for me:

1:41 -
speedpop said:
The funniest thing about it is if a scenario happened such as Blizzard throwing in a dungeon like MC back into the ring, people would still complain. Too much vocal minority, not enough silent and paying majority.

2:26 -
Spruchy said:
Onyxia is back: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/19110028331-the-brood-mother-returns.html

Complete with 10/25 man version and 310% speed mount modeled after her.

3:33 -
J-Rzez said:
No, it is not going to be fun. New content should be just that. We've had Naxx recycled, now this. And it's the lapdogs that's allowing this to happen. It's a shame there isn't another MMO out there with as fun/refined gameplay.

Speedpop, don't suppose you could share this Saturday's lottery numbers, could you?

Arozay

Loxley said:
Sorry, but the sense of entitlement this community has makes them act like a bunch of spoiled whiny brats.

Pretty sure complaining about the decline in quality with patches is just when you consider the fact that we still pay for the game. Welcome to the copy-paste fest that is Wotlk.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Zaro said:
Pretty sure complaining about the decline in quality with patches is just when you consider the fact that we still pay for the game. Welcome to the copy-paste fest that is Wotlk.

WotLK isn't as much copy-paste as it is running stuff ad absurdum. Naxx10 and Naxx25 was farmfests for mains and alts alike before Ulduar. Ulduar is quickly coming a thing of the past with the higher gearlevels in ToC10 and ToC25. Sure, Ulduar is still the place to go if you want a 310% mount, but apart from that very little can come of the instance (if you're not into building up your off-spec gears.)

With the no-trash approach coupled with the piñiata-like bosses ToC might very well earn itself a spot in WoW-history as the worst raid instance. It's what the crowds always asked for ("why trash?", "trash respawns are boring", etc) but when they got it they realised that Blizzard had been doing it right this whole time. And even while the end-of-the-world scenarios can be a little too-much at times I still prefer it to the "let's have a tournament"-idea. But who knows? This might come out as one of the better things that has happened to WoW, but I doubt it.

VAIL

So, I decided I was sick of slow ass flying, as it makes for a bunch of suck when farming or trying to fly around Icercrown. I managed to get 4250g in one day, and I don't know how I could have ever waited this long.

What are some of the better flying mounts to get? I missed a roll on the drake in H CoS the other night, but the person who won is gonna run with me till I get it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
mclem said:
Speedpop, don't suppose you could share this Saturday's lottery numbers, could you?
Sorry mate, too busy pouring myself over Warcraft lore and trying to read Blizzard's steps before they announce them. Still have to re-read the Arthas novel and the comics are still ongoing with their story of Med'an, the prophesied saviour of Azeroth.

I think this next expansion is going to blow people apart - the Lich King is just the tip of the iceberg. Blizzcon is going to be interesting this year.

Interfectum

J-Rzez said:

And you assume this other phantom MMO won't recycle some classic content from time to time? Get over yourself.

TomServo

Scum said:
Is this a good rotation...

Curse of Doom -> Immolate -> Conflagrate -> Chaos Bolt -> Incinerate

...or am I just crap at it and doing it wrong?

Put corruption in there.

Don't think of destro as a "rotation". It's priority. Conflag is the thing that you need to hit almost immediately when it comes off of CD, chaos bolt right behind it. Never cast an incinerate if immo won't be on the target when the projectile hits. I personally use CoA, but that's an old habit from using it to trip Molten Core when that was still in the destro tree.

Get used to hitting your instant cast stuff when you need to move. For example, getting knocked up into the air on Ignis' flame jets is a perfect time to reapply corruption and/or CoA. If conflag is off of cooldown when you need to move, even better.

And don't let your imp die. Empowered imp got a buff big enough to offset the nerf Fire & Brimstone got in 3.2.

Beq

Neo Member
Gloomfire said:
Another H: ToC run, no cloth.

Been doing H:ToC since patch. Only cloth that has dropped for me is the chestpiece embrace of madness. All leather/mail crap otherwise. I was lucky enough that the other cloth wearer was a scrub warlock that did all of 900 dps and passed on it.

Only other thing I got was the dps dagger that is pretty nice.

DarkKyo

Been away from the game for a couple months. What are some add-ons or interfaces that you guys would recommend? I would really appreciate it. :)

Interfectum

Dechaios said:
Been away from the game for a couple months. What are some add-ons or interfaces that you guys would recommend? I would really appreciate it. :)

Minimal must haves:
Questhelper
Cartographer (map)
Recount (dps tracker)

TomServo

I was a complete asshole in raid last night.

I'm sorry, but I get sick and tired of dps being shit all over. Fine, treat the guys at the bottom of the meters like they're replaceable because frankly they are, but don't shit all over a mage that's done 20K dps over 3min on Hodir, a warlock / boomkin / hunter that's at the top of the meters on every fight, etc. We're no more replaceable than the DK tank that's pulling a whopping 4K tps.

It took the top five dps speaking up together on the tank's lackluster TPS before there was even an admission that we might have a "threat generation issue". Sorry, but when nothing more than immo -> conflag -> chaos bolt consistently puts me at 70% threat even after giving the tank time to build aggro it's his problem, not mine.

Fuck, we stayed up late (1AM) trying to get our pally his legendary last night because he's "too busy" to make the raid on Sunday, and he's got the nerve to bitch at me for getting grabbed by a constrictor tentacle (WTF?). Yeah, sorry I can't teleport to every crusher and control where the constrictors pop up. I went off on him in vent.

I've bitched about it before, but the sense of entitlement that some tanks / healers have is probably the single biggest turnoff to raiding. I've got most of them muted because hearing them speak makes me want to uninstall WoW. Of course it's just as annoying to hear the people bringing up the rear on the meters to claim that all those of us at the top care about it "raping meters". My response:

"I've been raping these raids' meters since WotLK went live, you think I give a fuck about them now?" Shit, 99% of the time I have Recount minimized. It's always the same five people at the top, the boss dies, who cares?

Entropia

No One Remembers
A DK Tank is pulling 4k TPS? :lol

I'm probably way undergeared from him and I typically pull ~5-6k on my Warrior.

Gloomfire said:
Another H: ToC run, no cloth.

Yeah, I've got way too many plate drops. I pretty much have a full dps set now! It sucks considering the group I run with is usually: Myself(prot war), Disc Priest, Mage, Warlock, and a pug DPS.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Newb Hunter Question/Advice: Just hit lvl 10 (playing on limited time lately) and, of course, going BM. Any good resources for BM specs that can help me decide which way to go? Also, choosing pets. Does it matter early on? I'm in Mulgore on Tauren. Any pet out there that will help me out big time early on?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Omen is the best threat meter.

Along with Gatherer/Cartographer look up the WoWhead DB for Gatherer. It'll show you all the spawn points of your given gathering profession (well mostly herbalism and mining..)

Tamanon

Banned
Kintaro said:
Newb Hunter Question/Advice: Just hit lvl 10 (playing on limited time lately) and, of course, going BM. Any good resources for BM specs that can help me decide which way to go? Also, choosing pets. Does it matter early on? I'm in Mulgore on Tauren. Any pet out there that will help me out big time early on?

If you're going to solo a lot, then a Tenacity pet would probably be best. Bears are good, Crocolisks are pretty nice. Pet choice isn't nearly as important as it used to be. You could also be unique and get a turtle, there's level 15/16 ones in the Barrens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom