• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Lamonster said:
ha, very cool. It'd be neat to have a "swift" submarine or something.
310% speed subs for casuals; this is bullshit :lol

Quake1028

I finally got a drop from TOC, but it was the regular version. I got the +84 Haste trinket. Same proc as the Sundial of the Exiled, which I replaced with the new one.

firex

Zaro said:
Selective reading FTW!
somehow this is worse than any of Fularu's elitist raider posts have ever been in this thread. congratulations. you've set the elitist jackassery bar even higher than it usually reaches, and all because someone will be able to fly as fast as you on a mount that looks cooler than the iron bound proto drake.

edit: also I love that the red proto-drake is a mount for "bads" when it requires creativity in heroics or specific group setups, and is only 280% speed anyway, so you have no reason to get your XXXL panties in a bunch over the speed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
somehow this is worse than any of Fularu's elitist raider posts have ever been in this thread. congratulations. you've set the elitist jackassery bar even higher than it usually reaches, and all because someone will be able to fly as fast as you on a mount that looks cooler than the iron bound proto drake.

edit: also I love that the red proto-drake is a mount for "bads" when it requires creativity in heroics or specific group setups, and is only 280% speed anyway, so you have no reason to get your XXXL panties in a bunch over the speed.
Heroics are funny because some classes just have much smaller capability in them, notably DoT classes. :lol

My S-Priest and DK do very similar damage levels in raid, but in a heroic, we're talking 4000-4500 on the DK and 2500 on the S-Priest. Been messing about with Multi-Dotting but I've pretty much given up and decided to go full on Mind Sear faceroll and deal with slightly lower DPS.

Arozay

firex said:
you've set the elitist jackassery bar even higher than it usually reaches, and all because someone will be able to fly as fast as you on a mount that looks cooler than the iron bound proto drake.
Actually the whole argument was basically RNG rewards vs Earned rewards and the subsequent nerfing of earning rewards. Is it elitist to favour a non-chance system?

At this point it's just interesting to see what people can even say to justify rng rewards.

Evlar

Banned
Zaro said:
Actually the whole argument was basically RNG rewards vs Earned rewards and the subsequent nerfing of earning rewards. Is it elitist to favour a non-chance system?

At this point it's just interesting to see what people can even say to justify rng rewards.
It's cosmetic.

firex

almost as interesting as someone saying only "bads" would use a mount you can get from heroics. It's a drop, so you have to kill her, so you earn it when you kill the boss. how hard is that to comprehend?

Angry Grimace

Zaro said:

The elitism lies in the fact that you're just pretending that the "earned" rewards like Mimiron's Head and the Glory Capes are non-existent. It's a wet-blanket argument because you're premising your series of arguments based on the idea that dedicated players that aren't in Hard Mode clearing guilds should get nothing. The fact is, Onyxian Brood mounts will be rarer than Iron Bound Proto Drakes.

In the end you have nothing to legitimately complain about because Hard Modes exist, and the rewards from them exist. Even stupider is the fact that the 272 Glory capes are functional.

The "Vs" is what makes your argument retarded. Because Mimiron's Head isn't an either or proposition.

firex

sorry but I don't see how this isn't an earned reward. all I see is someone butthurt because a new mount is a drop instead of achievement based. it's not like they can give ony 8 different hard modes and a meta achievement when it's a single encounter.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
sorry but I don't see how this isn't an earned reward. all I see is someone butthurt because a new mount is a drop instead of achievement based. it's not like they can give ony 8 different hard modes and a meta achievement when it's a single encounter.
Not to mention a nostalgia based one being released in a bug/talent tweak patch.

Angry Grimace

So far Onyxia's PTR loot appears to be a mix of Molten Core and Onyxia loot with higher item levels. It does not appear that Blizzard is planning to make all of those items in line with newer stuff; i.e. the "Tempered" Vis'kag the Bloodletter has no +stats at all on it.

The silliest thing is you are bitching about flying mount speed and a mere 30% at that. If you have a meta-achievement mount from raiding it looks different (and I think among the best of the flying mounts) compared to those who will have a violet proto or mini-Onyxia. When I accomplish something challenging or hard there is a sense of personal satisfaction. I don't need adoration or praise from others to feel vindicated about it nor is what I did diminished if someone does the same later on down the line after nerfs or changes.

RNG is just part of the game and its rewards. Otherwise WoW would be like a single player RPG where you clear a place once and would be done with it having all the loot you would need.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:
So far Onyxia's PTR loot appears to be a mix of Molten Core and Onyxia loot with higher item levels. It does not appear that Blizzard is planning to make all of those items in line with newer stuff; i.e. the "Tempered" Vis'kag the Bloodletter has no +stats at all on it.

Vendorstrike!! :lol

firex

Angry Grimace said:
I just realized it would be awesome if she wound up dropping "heirloom" raid gear, although that would be a nightmare for groups to figure out.

I'm slightly disappointed that I might lose some achievement points because they'll probably remove Ony from the classic raider achievement.

Angry Grimace said:
They better fucking re-use the OEB graphic. They changed it into pure awesomesauce like a year after anyone still cared and then never used the graphic again.

Arozay

Angry Grimace said:
The elitism lies in the fact that you're just pretending that the "earned" rewards like Mimiron's Head and the Glory Capes are non-existent.

In the end you have nothing to legitimately complain about because Hard Modes exist, and the rewards from them exist.
I can legitimately complain that they nerf Hard Modes directly and indirectly through future patches which dilute the value of said rewards. Also 3.2 removed the PvE 'seasons' approach, 3.2 drove over my cat too.

When I accomplish something challenging or hard there is a sense of personal satisfaction. I don't need adoration or praise from others to feel vindicated about it nor is what I did diminished if someone does the same later on down the line after nerfs or changes.
Thing is, with the way Blizzard nerf content you end up revisiting something that you may have struggled on at one time and down with some half assed sloppy kill, then realise this is going to happen to whatever you're gearing up for.

Angry Grimace

Zaro said:
I can legitimately complain that they nerf Hard Modes directly and indirectly through future patches which dilute the value of said rewards. Also 3.2 removed the PvE 'seasons' approach, 3.2 drove over my cat too.

Thing is, with the way Blizzard nerf content you end up revisiting something that you may have struggled on at one time and down with some half assed sloppy kill, then realise this is going to happen to whatever you're gearing up for.

Why do you feel the need to waggle your huge dick in front of everyone in the first place? You can complain, but it's not legitimate. Casuals aren't ruining WotLK; Poopsockers ruined Vanilla. There are plenty of challenging things to do and plenty of rewards for doing so. You're just whining non-stop because whining and acting entitled is part of being a dick-waggling elitist idiot.

You act as though you are the only player in the universe to have done Hard Modes; you don't see stupid nonsense like you spout on Ensidia's website, or even any of the other top guilds; this is because they clear the content and move on without needing to shove it in everyone's face every fourteen fucking seconds.

It sounds like you need the lead encounter designer to call your house and assure you that you're good at World of Warcraft.

There is plenty of challenging content and rewards in World of Warcraft. In the case of some of it, like Yogg +0, it's the most challenging content the game's ever had that can be done. I'm sure you're going to announce "it was nerfed!" but it's not like you were doing it before that anyways.

Arozay

Angry Grimace said:
Why do you feel the need to waggle your huge dick in front of everyone in the first place? You can complain, but it's not legitimate. Casuals aren't ruining WotLK; Poopsockers ruined Vanilla. There are plenty of challenging things to do and plenty of rewards for doing so. You're just whining non-stop because whining and acting entitled is part of being a dick-waggling elitist idiot.

You act as though you are the only player in the universe to have done Hard Modes; you don't see stupid nonsense like you spout on Ensidia's website, or even any of the other top guilds; this is because they clear the content and move on without needing to shove it in everyone's face every fourteen fucking seconds.
You sound angry, take a deep breath. What did I shove in whos face? What's a poopsocker?

Angry Grimace

Zaro said:
You sound angry, take a deep breath. What did I shove in whos face? What's a poopsocker?
Elitist asshats who have no concept that other people play the game piss me off.

Complaining that the game is too easy when there are tons of challenges and rewards for hardcore players rings kind of hollow. I don't think you can argue that Yogg +0 was or is easy, but I'm sure you'll try.

Akim

Banned
I'm having mixed feelings about BG exp. If you win AV you get tons, but if it's a turtle you get none. Either way my mage alt is 75 now.

Also I leave for blizzcon in 6 days!

Arozay

Angry Grimace said:
Elitist asshats who have no concept that other people play the game piss me off.

Complaining that the game is too easy when there are tons of challenges and rewards for hardcore players rings kind of hollow. I don't think you can argue that Yogg +0 was or is easy, but I'm sure you'll try.
Regardless of what I say about Yogg +0 it would be considered dick waggling to you and I'd be an elitist for having an opinion.

Angry Grimace

Zaro said:
Regardless of what I say about Yogg +0 it would be considered dick waggling to you and I'd be an elitist for having an opinion.
That might be because your opinions have been pretty much shit right from the get-go and all you ever do is complain.

Xabora

MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

Chris R

Akim said:
I'm having mixed feelings about BG exp. If you win AV you get tons, but if it's a turtle you get none. Either way my mage alt is 75 now.

Also I leave for blizzcon in 6 days!
It really helps to win, and win quickly. 15 min wins with all towers down ect is nice exp though

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Fixed.

The fact is, it only takes one log of poop to ruin an entire gallon of ice cream.

I just can't fathom how one can argue the game isn't hard enough, doesn't have any challenges and doesn't have any rewards for great players/beating those challenges.

It just doesn't follow. They nerfed Yogg+0 because only like 5 guilds of sponsored professionals were able to do it before the changes.

Arozay

Angry Grimace said:
That might be because your opinions have been pretty much shit right from the get-go and all you ever do is complain.
futurama_fry_breakfast_club_lp.jpg

"Oh, I can't wait until I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff."

Angry Grimace

Zaro said:

"Oh, I can't wait until I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff."
Oh wow, you hotlinked a picture you found on the internet; I sure learned my lesson. I'm not denying you're better than me at Warcraft, I'm simply saying that you're unwilling to consider completely rational and consistent facts, and for the most part, all you do is post negative, poorly thought out criticism of the way things work.

Angry Grimace

Jazzy Network said:
They've nerfed almost every end game raid boss at one time or another.
There couldn't possibly be a reason for that other than to cause poopsockers anger.

Angry Grimace

Arozay

Angry Grimace said:
I'm simply saying that you're unwilling to consider completely rational and consistent facts, and for the most part, all you do is post negative, poorly thought out criticism of the way things work.
Should just agree to disagree rather than let this spread over a couple more pages.

firex

race/class combo NPCs? that's different. mobs are classified as warrior/paladin/mage/priest/etc. based upon their HP/MP and abilities even if they aren't that class.

Angry Grimace

Jazzy Network said:
SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.
Just for nostalgia's sake, it's still underpowered compared to other weapons of similar ilvl.

:lol

Tamanon

Banned
At least there's more classes that might actually use it now.:lol

I really want to see if they're adding another Hunter quest to Ony.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Interesting main post on the mmo-champ site, all taken from data mining and "reliable sources".

It feels like it could simply be a patch, a $10 expansion to fill in a gap rather than a full retail product. Hell i would wish it was that :lol

mclem

evlcookie said:
Interesting main post on the mmo-champ site, all taken from data mining and "reliable sources".

It feels like it could simply be a patch, a $10 expansion to fill in a gap rather than a full retail product. Hell i would wish it was that :lol

I still think it's extremely unlikely that they'd revamp the entire old world for flying mounts, which makes me sceptical about all the rest of it; it's not a trivial process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom