• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littleberu said:
No more instances can be created at this time. Please try again later.

I gave in and transferred servers(to Dalaran) and it's not a problem for me anymore.

I had to wait up to 3 hours to get into instances sometimes.

I feel bad paying Blizzard money to get around their shoddy hardware but now I'm on a less laggy server and got into a great guild to boot. 2-3 tries tops and I get into an instance.

I feel bad leaving some good friends behind but I really had no choice.

Wrekt said:
I just transferred my main to a server with a couple RL friends and I forgot to take all my BoA gear with him. Son of a bitch.

Now to decide if $25 for a second transfer (of a level 45) is worth 155 badges worth of Heirloom items.

Woah that's crazy. How'd it happen? Do they not transfer over your bank or something? I'd be kicking myself but I think I'd end up doing another transfer to get my items back if I wasn't going to play in that server anymore.

Tamanon

Banned
VGChampion said:
Woah that's crazy. How'd it happen? Do they not transfer over your bank or something? I'd be kicking myself but I think I'd end up doing another transfer to get my items back if I wasn't going to play in that server anymore.

He probably had the BoA items on an alt for leveling:p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gloomfire said:
Got my T8.5 chest piece last night. Now I just need either my legs or shoulders to get my 4 piece bonus :D.

Do VOA like i did. I got both the T8 gloves and pants with VOA 10. Since i was the only mage in the group each time it dropped, they were only for me. :lol

Then i got the T8.5 chest & helm with conquest emblems.. easy 4 piece bonus! :D

And i can get the T9 shoulders tomorrow... i'm still stuck with the T7 one lol.

Now if only i could get a better offhand than the Heroism one. :(

Wrekt

Tamanon said:
He probably had the BoA items on an alt for leveling:p
Yeah, I had a 45 Mage with a Headmasters Charge, 10% xp shoulders and one of the trinkets. I was in such a hurry to get off of Black Dragonflight that it never occurred to me that I could send my main the items for use on the new server.

Now I have a 64 DK (that I don't enjoy playing) with 10% xp shoulders and chest + the pvp 2 hander on my current server. A 70 Warrior that used to be my main on Mal'Ganis with no heirloom items. Or a 45 Mage with the caster heirloom stuff on Black Dragonflight. Now I'm trying to figure out what the hell I should do. :lol

Xabora

Wrekt said:
Yeah, I had a 45 Mage with a Headmasters Charge, 10% xp shoulders and one of the trinkets. I was in such a hurry to get off of Black Dragonflight that it never occurred to me that I could send my main the items for use on the new server.

Now I have a 64 DK (that I don't enjoy playing) with 10% xp shoulders and chest + the pvp 2 hander on my current server. A 70 Warrior that used to be my main on Mal'Ganis with no heirloom items. Or a 45 Mage with the caster heirloom stuff on Black Dragonflight. Now I'm trying to figure out what the hell I should do. :lol
Eitherway looks like your 25bux is in need of spending. :(

Or... tough it out. :|

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Seriously, does anyone else feel like freaking Batman playing a rogue? I just got to Outland and my favorite thing to do is hover my flying mount a high above an enemy base, dismount in mid-air dropping into the center of a group of mobs, and be stealthed before I hit the ground. So awesome.

PatzCU

I'm totally moving my Human Alliance Mage to my horde server and transforming it into a Goblin Mage (if they let me). That would be sooooo sweet, and cost me like $50 =(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PatzCU said:
I'm totally moving my Human Alliance Mage to my horde server and transforming it into a Goblin Mage (if they let me). That would be sooooo sweet, and cost me like $50 =(
The chance that they let you transfer your max level character over into an expansion race is somewhere in the vicinity of 0.

sykoex said:
Seriously, does anyone else feel like freaking Batman playing a rogue? I just got to Outland and my favorite thing to do is hover my flying mount a high above an enemy base, dismount in mid-air dropping into the center of a group of mobs, and be stealthed before I hit the ground. So awesome.

Haha, the best part is escaping a scene when you're a rogue. I love the quests where you have to kill someone and hes high up in a tower, and you do it all the guards come and you sprint and vanish! Good times. I think this is why I love the game, I'm able to play it like a single player adventure.

Quake1028

Bisnic said:
Do VOA like i did. I got both the T8 gloves and pants with VOA 10. Since i was the only mage in the group each time it dropped, they were only for me. :lol

Then i got the T8.5 chest & helm with conquest emblems.. easy 4 piece bonus! :D

And i can get the T9 shoulders tomorrow... i'm still stuck with the T7 one lol.

Now if only i could get a better offhand than the Heroism one. :(

We do VoA 10 and 25 every week. I got my 8.5 hands from there, but no luck on anything else yet.

Gloomfire said:
We do VoA 10 and 25 every week. I got my 8.5 hands from there, but no luck on anything else yet.

I do VOA everyweek. I've never seen a peice drop for my main spec. I WISH I could get the gloves.

The Dark One

yacobod

Banned
i hit 80 on my hunter on 7/7/09, like 5 weeks later my hunter is better geared than my main, 4/5 8.5, conquest neck and belt, marrowstrike, hardmode 10m xt gun etc

its retarded how easy it is to gear toons now, more incentive to finish lvling my dk to 80 i guess, never stepped into 25m ulduar on my hunter

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DarkMage619 said:
I do VOA everyweek. I've never seen a peice drop for my main spec. I WISH I could get the gloves.

The Dark One
Agreed. Emphatically.

But add that stuff drops for whatever class and spec your alt is everytime, so that if you bring, say, a Priest, and you have a DK alt, everytime you down Emalon with the Priest, you will get like three Conqueror's Darkruned drops, and some fail DK with like 1200 DPS in a 25 man will get it.

Quake1028

We always end up, especially in 10 mans, getting tons of drops for classes we don't have in the raid. Guess that probably happens to all groups though.

TomServo

I'm just amazed you guys can pug VoA. Trying to do it on my alt has been painful, anything outside of a guild run is complete fail on my server.

A couple of heroic runs ago I had to explain to both a kitty druid and rogue that the reason they were taking damage wasn't because they were pulling aggro, but because they were getting cleaved while attacking from the front. The parry hasting they caused also made it great fun to heal the tank.

Quake1028

TomServo said:
I'm just amazed you guys can pug VoA. Trying to do it on my alt has been painful, anything outside of a guild run is complete fail on my server.

A couple of heroic runs ago I had to explain to both a kitty druid and rogue that the reason they were taking damage wasn't because they were pulling aggro, but because they were getting cleaved while attacking from the front. The parry hasting they caused also made it great fun to heal the tank.

We have only a 10 person guild, so we have to PuG over half the raid for VoA25, OS25 and Naxx 25. Sure we wipe here and there on Emalon because of people being dumb, but it's not terrible. We run it though so any slackers are kicked and everything goes smoothly.

Wrekt

My experiences with VoA by server:

Mal'Ganis - We 1 shot both bosses but you only did 4.2k dps. I'm putting you on my permanent black list.

Black Dragonflight - We 1 shot both bosses but the tank died at 3% on Emalon and the tanks never bothered to move Archavon out of the cloud.

Blackwing Lair - Leeeeeeerrrrrooooooyyyyyyy

FLEABttn

Banned
yacobod said:
i hit 80 on my hunter on 7/7/09, like 5 weeks later my hunter is better geared than my main, 4/5 8.5, conquest neck and belt, marrowstrike, hardmode 10m xt gun etc

its retarded how easy it is to gear toons now, more incentive to finish lvling my dk to 80 i guess, never stepped into 25m ulduar on my hunter

I'm envious of stories like these to a certain extent because I busted ass in trying to get my old guild into Ulduar and killing stuff, only to be two bosses short of clearing the place (on normal) after 3 months because people stopped showing and because bads are magnetically attracted to the fire. Why must they ALWAYS stand in the fire?

My reroll warrior now has better gear than my old main because of conquest gear and ToC.

Has this always been in the Dalaran Sewers?

339jb7r.jpg

It appears that the turtles, under rat supervision, are planning something. Whether it will be a peaceful coup or a violent revolution remains to be seen, but I for one welcome our new furry/half-shelled overlords.

Angry Grimace

Wrekt said:
My experiences with VoA by server:

Mal'Ganis - We 1 shot both bosses but you only did 4.2k dps. I'm putting you on my permanent black list.

Black Dragonflight - We 1 shot both bosses but the tank died at 3% on Emalon and the tanks never bothered to move Archavon out of the cloud.

Blackwing Lair - Leeeeeeerrrrrooooooyyyyyyy
Wut? Really?

Most VoA I'm in, if I even manage 4K I'm the guy carrying everyone else. :lol

Tamanon said:
Yup, always been there, one of the many easter eggs Blizz throws in there.:lol

:lol

I can't believe I never noticed that before, I always check there for underbelly elixir and only noticed their little convention today.

EDIT: And duh, I only just got the TMNT reference too. Awesome.

jim-jam bongs said:
:lol

I can't believe I never noticed that before, I always check there for underbelly elixir and only noticed their little convention today.

EDIT: And duh, I only just got the TMNT reference too. Awesome.

Looks like the bottle to the right might be ooze.

ianswoody

Man, had a GREAT morning with WoW. Did 6 instances with the same group. We meshed so well that we just kept going till someone had to leave. All 4 SM's, RFD and then Uld. Went from 36 to 38 3/4 and it was my first time I REALLY felt like I was doing something as a Resto druid. Didn't pick up much loot, but the experience was more than worth it.

Angry Grimace

ianswoody said:
Man, had a GREAT morning with WoW. Did 6 instances with the same group. We meshed so well that we just kept going till someone had to leave. All 4 SM's, RFD and then Uld. Went from 36 to 38 3/4 and it was my first time I REALLY felt like I was doing something as a Resto druid. Didn't pick up much loot, but the experience was more than worth it.
Loot is pretty irrelevant at that level though, because you just level so fast you never keep it for too long.

Unfortunately, the instances in the 40s or even 50s bracket are pretty meh, although you should definetely try all of them, Zul'Farrak in particular.

johnsmith

remember me
Angry Grimace said:
Wut? Really?

Most VoA I'm in, if I even manage 4K I'm the guy carrying everyone else. :lol

Seriously, what kind of super server are you on where the majority of your pugs can do 4k dps. 3-4ks is average on what I've seen on icecrown and draka.

But yeah, on both servers pugging VoA hasn't been a problem. Emalon was a wipe fest for the first month, but after that everyone learned the fight and even with crappy dps the adds died in time.

Angry Grimace

johnsmith said:
Seriously, what kind of super server are you on where the majority of your pugs can do 4k dps. 3-4ks is average on what I've seen on icecrown and draka.

But yeah, on both servers pugging VoA hasn't been a problem. Emalon was a wipe fest for the first month, but after that everyone learned the fight and even with crappy dps the adds died in time.
3-4K isn't average on my server either. More like 2K to 2.5K (and those people believe they are fucking hot shit, btw.) Honestly, most PUGs of more than 5 people generally fall to 1 or 2 guys that are good to carry everyone else. As long as those one to two guys pay attention, Emalon isn't hard in the least. I'd say, maybe 3/10 difficulty.

Speaking of DPS woes, I'm having a hell of time trying to configure a DoT timer to do exactly what I want. I only need two things for a timer to do:

1. Display only the Timers for SW: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague.
2. Display them in a fixed color based on Debuff.

I've tried setting up DoTimer like 5 times but it just keeps giving unexpected behavior which causes me to go back to the super basic ones in Quartz (which I only don't like because it tracks junk debuffs like Mind Trauma and Misery and makes it harder to keep track of VT which needs to be cast between 1.4s and 0.0s).

I'm assuming that DoTimer CAN do those things, but I'm having a whale of a time getting it to actually do them.

Quake1028

Me and my guildie DK friend usually top the 25 VoA charts at around 4.3-4.5k. So yeah, if you are 4.2k and getting kicked, those people are insane in the head.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I just started a Death Knight, this class is pretty tough to play. With my rogue, all I have to do is spam the Sinister Strike button and I'll kill pretty much any mob in my level range. But with the DK, even with a lowly lvl 50 mob, I have to juggle 5 different buttons just cause everything seems to have a really long, relatively, cooldown. Doesn't feel very "mighty". I'm not really complaining though, I guess I was just spoiled with the rogue (which IMO should be the true hero class :D).

Angry Grimace

sykoex said:
I just started a Death Knight, this class is pretty tough to play. With my rogue, all I have to do is spam the Sinister Strike button and I'll kill pretty much any mob in my level range. But with the DK, even with a lowly lvl 50 mob, I have to juggle 5 different buttons just cause everything seems to have a really long, relatively, cooldown. Doesn't feel very "mighty". I'm not really complaining though, I guess I was just spoiled with the rogue (which IMO should be the true hero class :D).
Really? DK is kind of a faceroll class, to be honest. When you're still in the 50s you really should spec 100% Blood. The self healing + the fact that you have all your major skills even without 51 talent points is pretty key.

All specs of DK revolve around putting up both diseases with IT and Plague strike and then hitting your most damaging attack as often as possible; with Blood this is Heart Strike.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Angry Grimace said:
Really? DK is kind of a faceroll class, to be honest. When you're still in the 50s you really should spec 100% Blood. The self healing + the fact that you have all your major skills even without 51 talent points is pretty key.

All specs of DK revolve around putting up both diseases with IT and Plague strike and then hitting your most damaging attack as often as possible; with Blood this is Heart Strike. You need to play with it a bit but DK is a very overpowered class to level with, imo.
I have ALL my points in unholy since I read it skews toward AoE, since AoE is pretty rare with a rogue.

Angry Grimace

sykoex said:
I have ALL my points in unholy since I read it skews toward AoE, since AoE is pretty rare with a rogue.
Ew.

Trust me, spec Blood. When you talent Death Strike, it's overpowered as hell for leveling since the healing becomes insanely good on diseased targets and it has a very hit crit chance. Also, for soloing, Heart Strike is excellent since it can hit 2 targets at once for full strike damage. I'd recommend speccing into 2/2 Imp. Blood Pres. too because self-healing is awesome for leveling.

thatbox

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I only need two things for a timer to do:

1. Display only the Timers for SW: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague.
2. Display them in a fixed color based on Debuff.

I've tried setting up DoTimer like 5 times but it just keeps giving unexpected behavior which causes me to go back to the super basic ones in Quartz (which I only don't like because it tracks junk debuffs like Mind Trauma and Misery and makes it harder to keep track of VT which needs to be cast between 1.4s and 0.0s).

I'm assuming that DoTimer CAN do those things, but I'm having a whale of a time getting it to actually do them.
Try NeedToKnow. It's what I use on my priest - my warlock brother introduced me to it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ianswoody said:
Same thing has happened to me in the past where we used to 4-man instances every night, at times inviting a stranger in the form of the 5th person if we needed them. When things are working perfectly well in an instance, you know you gotta try and hang on to those same players.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Is there an addon that will save chat logs and make it make it easier to notice and keep track of your whispers?

I downloaded Prat 3.0 but can't find how to do either in the settings.

Macattk15

sykoex said:
Is there an addon that will save chat logs and make it make it easier to notice and keep track of your whispers?

I downloaded Prat 3.0 but can't find how to do either in the settings.

I use Cellular.

Don't know if it keeps logs ... but it pops open IM windows for tells and stuff ... with tabs for multiple people.

edit : and yes it apparently does have a history log.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Macattk15 said:
I use Cellular.

Don't know if it keeps logs ... but it pops open IM windows for tells and stuff ... with tabs for multiple people.

edit : and yes it apparently does have a history log.
Looks awesome, thanks.

Angry Grimace

Got to Yogg tonight, although nowhere close to downing him since we had 30 min. on him. At least I got my /kiss Sara in Phase 2 achievement :lol

Still rocking that blue Runecaster's Mantle! Zero shoulder drops in many, many Ulduar runs :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom