• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Scum said:
Even the lvl cap too! :lol
The only "NEW" thing seen in the intro was that there's some sort of Guild Progression.

speedpop said:
Anyone who denied it was stupid. The information has been available in player's hands for weeks, if not months. You just needed to put the keys in the right holes.

I don't think anyone truly didn't believe it, it's just sorta disapointing that stuff that would be Megaton is just confirmation of stuff we already knew.

My bro is so pissed. He paid the $40 for the stream and it crapped out during the Cataclysm trailer. Flawless stream before and after that. Prob Bliz doing it on purpose. :lol

Hixx

Deadmines and SFK being turned into 80 heroics is awesome :D

Hope more get redone too. I have to say it actually looked quite far along... wonder how Archaeology works.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Scum said:
What's this I hear about 'Archaeology'??
I'm really intrigued about it. For someone who doesn't care about money issues due to professions, it'd be great to see archaeology be something important aligned to exploration somehow.

speedpop

DarkAngelYuna said:
Still nothing new announced, everything so far MMO Champion posted a long time ago =\
Outside of Blizzplanet.com, no one else was posting this type of info. Blizzplanet was constantly dancing around the issue months ago, based purely on in-game, comics and novel info. MMO-Champion were never first to the information, there were purely the more vocal supporters of it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Outdoor Miner said:
I didn't see any female worgens in the trailer, though I say again it was crapping out all over the place.
I didn't see female worgens but when they showed the humans pre-worgen there were males and females.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Still nothing new announced, everything so far MMO Champion posted a long time ago =\

Guild levels and achievements I didn't read about anywhere before today. Also something about a new team rated pvp system.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ultimately, I sort of surmise that Cataclysm NOT having a new hero might be a confirmation to my thought that it was a mistake to have one in the first place in Wrath, given that it's been a total clusterfuck from a design standpoint.

Edit: Goddamnit Deathwing is awesome

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Angry Grimace said:
Ultimately, I sort of surmise that Cataclysm NOT having a new hero might be a confirmation to my thought that it was a mistake to have one in the first place in Wrath, given that it's been a total clusterfuck from a design standpoint.

Edit: Goddamnit Deathwing is awesome
I don't know, I mean they have to hold back SOME details back right? I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one megaton from now until release.

Angry Grimace

Worgen:

Classes available: warrior, hunter, rogue, priest, death knight, mage, warlock, druid. Currently only male character models available.

Customizations: fur color, face model, hair (or mane if you prefer), hair color, and one customization option that doesn't yet change anything. All colors are gray and blue tones, with dark, rainy, gothic scene in the background.

Goblins:

Classes available: warrior, hunter, rogue, priest, death knight, shaman, mage, warlock.

Worgen can be anything but Paladins and Shaman.
Goblins can be anything but Druid and Paladin

Not to burn your screen, but rather to burn your eyes with awesome:

deathwing_1024x0768.jpg

So I rerolled from horde to alliance a few months ago.. Hit 80 on two ally on Tich.. Starting to miss horde =\ Alliance towns are so ugly too compared to Org and UC.

jasonng

Fuuuuck, I haven't played since vanilla WoW and of all the expansions, this is the only one that makes me want to go back. It's got to be incredibly overwhelming to jump back in.

DarkAngelYuna said:
So I rerolled from horde to alliance a few months ago.. Hit 80 on two ally on Tich.. Starting to miss horde =\ Alliance towns are so ugly too compared to Org and UC.

I haven't played Alliance in years but Stormwind is quite nice on the eyes, so is Darnassus.

mario ate my burger said:
Need screens of Troll Druids!

There are was one in the trailer

speedpop

Fuck you Blizzard! Now I've got a reason to play through the game from 1-60 now to experience "old" content, and to experience new and changed stuff from 1-60 next year.

Holy crap I just saw the info. So much for being free of WoW anytime soon...

Horde getting shafted though.... Goblins are the ugliest, most annoying race cept for gnomes. Who wants to play ugly green midgets with huge noses ?

This is gonna make Horde/Alliance imbalance even worse.

Angry Grimace

I wonder how many people are going to bother re-rolling anytime soon :lol

KernelPanic said:
Holy crap I just saw the info. So much for being free of WoW anytime soon...

Horde getting shafted though.... Goblins are the ugliest, most annoying race cept for gnomes. Who wants to play ugly green midgets with huge noses ?

This is great for the Horde. Blood Elves brought all the kiddies over here, we don't need pretty races.

KernelPanic said:

Depends on the server. Mine is almost 70% horde, which makes things tough on us alliance folk. Anything that balances that out is more than welcomed from me

Tamanon

Banned
VaLiancY said:
Troll Druid people. I need a new name.

Rastakin.

And man, somebody who plays WoW without updating their questhelper will be completely fucked up in the old world when this hits.:lol

I wonder if the Cataclysm itself and world changes will occur before the expansion hits, with 4.0.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
As if i didn't made enough alts in the past 3 years, now i will have to make more to see all the new low lvl content. :lol

Damn you Blizzard. :lol

firex

fuck yeah I am either making a goblin hunter or priest, not sure which. I have the heirlooms for priest already so probably that, but who knows. now I have hunter shit I can buy if I really want to.

Jubs

Lttp, but is Northrend unaffected by the changes coming in the expansion? Only Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are going to be reshaped?

And +1 to rerolling troll druid.

Tamanon

Banned
Jubs said:
Lttp, but is Northrend unaffected by the changes coming in the expansion? Only Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are going to be reshaped?

And +1 to rerolling troll druid.

I'm thinking just the old world will be affected.

firex

I can't believe I nailed all the classes for goblin when I was just guessing on the healers.

also LOL WORGEN LOL ALLIANCE way to get the shittiest fucking race ever. I'm glad all the furries will be Worgen.

Xabora

firex said:
I can't believe I nailed all the classes for goblin when I was just guessing on the healers.

also LOL WORGEN LOL ALLIANCE way to get the shittiest fucking race ever. I'm glad all the furries will be Worgen.
*sigh* Closest race alliance will get to trolls. :(

Hixx

firex said:

Gilneas looks like an amazing zone from the pictures though; kinda reminded me of Fable in terms of art. Can't wait to see some videos.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
As a semi-casual WoW player I'm finding myself (oddly) most excited bout some of the smaller details announced - archeology, "Path of the Titans" character progression, and guild levels.

I'm strangely not pumped for new races, zones, BGs, or class combos. Yet I'll unearth archeological artifacts like a motherfucker. :lol :lol

Different strokes, I guess. I also love fishing.

border

I gotta say I am kinda disappointed by the expansion news. I really wanted a lot of new zones and it sounds like they'll just have a handful of them before funneling you directly to endgame areas. From the leak it sounded like some "classic" WoW areas were going to become 80-85 leveling zones which sounded kinda cool, but now I get the impression that nothing is going to be bumped up and only a couple things will get bumped down (Azshara).

No new hero class and no new primary profession is also pretty disappointing. I guess Blizzard thinks they bit off more than they could chew with Death Knights. There really needs to be a healing-oriented Hero Class, if only because it's still quite difficult to get healers at all times of the day.

I guess the only way they could financially justify re-modeling Azeroth for flying mounts is if it was in an expansion, but to me it still kinda feels like something more appropriate for a content patch rather than a $40 boxed product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom