• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
mario ate my burger said:
Does anything think Troll's catform will be any different? Like a tiger or something?
It'd be nice to see a markedly different approach to what the Trolls and Worgen believe in their Druidism. At least with the Trolls its easier to point towards the Loa as their inspiration and the forms will most likely perform the same but have a different makeup. Whether Blizzard bother with it though is another thing entirely.

Loxley

I think it's possible the forms could be different, however I remember there was speculation before we new a lot about TBC that Draenei Shamans would have a Ghost Lion form instead of Ghost Wolf, since lions are essentially synonymous with the Alliance as wolves are with the Horde.

Not holding my breathe, but part of me is still holding out for that to happen one day ;) Then again, I'm also waiting for Dwarf and Draenei Paladins to get Ram and Elekk versions of the Charger :D

firex

warlocks sound even cooler now, and honestly I hate playing mages for the most part. But doing away with the one problem locks have always had (shards) is great.

ACE 1991

In one of the Blue posts about Cataclysm a wider range of raid difficulty would be included in the expansion. Do you think blizzard will actually follow through with this, making more "hardcore" raids then exist now?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Yeah, when i return to WoW for Cataclysm i'll be reviving my lock

unfortunately i left it at level 70 (only levelled my feral druid to 80 in WotLK), so I have to go through some of the WotLK content again. I'll do that when they make teh 70-80 experience faster (less xp required per level)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
I assume they're redoing the gems if they're taking all these stats out of the game.
Not necessarily all of them; they are removing certain things, i.e. Spell Power from gear. I guess it's possible that it will still continue to exist as a stat (i.e. Bonus Healing still exists as a stat even though nothing seems to make a difference in healing vs. damage) .

Loxley

From Metzen at the WoW Q&A Panel just now:

"Frostmourne has a.... unique fate. The encounter is going to be mega. Keep your hats on."

Hmmm...

*Edit; They just confirmed Race changes are coming, further down the road o_O

Retro

11:06: Metzen shouts angrily for security after a paladin managed to sneak past their careful screening process and try to ask a question.

Apparently the Q&A is over now, and not a single Pally question. Seriously, all I've heard of Paladins from Blizzcon is that nobody likes them. Well, that's hardly news, isn't it?

Loxley

Here's a bullet-point summary of the WoW Q&A Panel:

- They *eventually* will get around to a Legendary that will appease Feral Druids.
- They'll make sure that the pure DPS classes will always have a place in the raid, they're happy with where hybrid DPS is right now.
- No real plans for Outland to be effected by Cataclysm (Metzen would love to, but can't convince the team to "do his bidding").
- They're keeping a watchful eye on Warriors since they've "fallen behind", they don't want to "homogenize" their abilities as a quick fix for tanking.
- They've been discussing the idea of hunters having more direct control over their pets (giving direct paths, having a teleport-like spell so pets don't run through something like fire on their way back to you).
- They're still working on dance studios, they will be "worth the wait".
- Already confirmed, but they will be updating the classic racial abilities to be just as "fun" as the Goblins and Worgen.
- They're keeping an eye on XP in battlegrounds, they don't want to raise too much or too quickly to avoid XP leechers in Alterac Valley.
- Cataclysm *will* effect the Burning Crusade starting zones, and it was hinted that Khadgar will appear somewhere in Cataclysm.
- Spirit will leave Shadow Priest and Moonkin gear.
- Yep, Arthas drops Shadowmourne instead of Frostmourne.
- Race changes coming somehwre down the line (I would assume for a fee).
- They're happy with where Mage DPS in PvE is right now
- They will be taking another look at Regeneration (the Troll Racial)
- Blizzard wants Rogues to consider using daggers again with the buffs to Assassination in 3.2.2 (question was regarding Rogues being forced into using Fist weapons)
- They will be making professions easier to level in Cataclysm.
- Chilton says that the ability to move around what order your characters are in on the character select screen is on his "UI Wishlist".
- They're actively talking about how to better the latency problems that plague Aussie servers.
- They plan on looking at all vanilla-Reputations for Cataclysm to see if any of them should be brought back "out of necessity".
- They want to add more character customization to the game since more and more people are hitting the end-game, but they're not sure how just yet.
- Guilds will be able to craft Guild-Heirloom Items for any slot that will scale with level (all the way to 85).
- With the removal of Armor Penetration, Blizzard is considering putting an effect like it into talents to non-plate wearing melee classes can compete against plate-wearers.
- Troll and Worgen Druids WILL be getting their own unique Feral shape-shift forms.
- They want to take another look at Arms Warriors to make MS "neat" again.
- Shamans running into the middle of combat to drop totems is something "they're looking at, but aren't sure how to address it yet".
- Metzen hints that Thrall might have some sort of big intervention between Garrosh and Varian.
- Why Night Elf Mages? "Because they're pretty sweet."
- Level 60 Onyxia will not make a return in Cataclysm, it's gone for good.
- No "active" plans to increase amount of character slots per-server.
- In regards to bag-space; Stacks "will get bigger" in Cataclysm.
- Phasing will be much better in Cataclysm, you'll be able to help people with phased quests that you've already completed. Will also happen on a much grander scale (whole mountains moving, etc).
- They're not too concerned about people abusing flying mounts to gank players of the opposing faction in contested zones, since that's just part of playing on a PvP server.
- They have some ideas for a "mentoring" system where players with a vast difference in level would be able to run quests/dungeons together, but we shouldn't really expect any info about it until the next Blizzcon.
- With the removal of Spirit, abilities that use it (like Molten Armor) will be changed.
- There will be "mega" class oriented-hubs in Cataclysm like in Wrath and TBC.
- Zhevras might become tamable in Cataclysm.
- With regards to some sort of "arena-spectator" mode, Chilton: "That'd be cool".
- The "5-second rule" when it comes to mana regen may be ditched due to the changes to mana regen, but they haven't decided yet.

That's it :)

Tamanon

Banned
Retro said:
11:06: Metzen shouts angrily for security after a paladin managed to sneak past their careful screening process and try to ask a question.

Apparently the Q&A is over now, and not a single Pally question. Seriously, all I've heard of Paladins from Blizzcon is that nobody likes them. Well, that's hardly news, isn't it?

A couple retadins asked questions yesterday.

Retro

Tamanon said:
A couple retadins asked questions yesterday.

Yeah, but a quick look at MMO-champ shows absolutely nothing for Paladins. They may have asked questions, but they didn't get answers worth reporting.

Loxley

They just confirmed that with rated Battlegrounds, titles reminiscent of the old honor-titles will return.

The highest-rated people will get the title "Lieutenant General" at the end of the first season.

Retro said:
It sounds like most of the lock's spells will have empowered versions; while a lot of them have instant casts, there's the potential for new, interesting mechanics here; on-demand Ssearing Pain crits, for example. Empowering a spell could do any number of Really Cool Things™, and hopefully Instant Casts are the least interesting thing they'll do... if done correctly, it would give every spell in your arsenal a souped-up version.

Could be very interesting, if you ask me.

I like the way you think. Example: Empowered Soul Fire could turn into Chain Fire, bouncing targets but doing less damage each hop.

Retro

jim-jam bongs said:
I like the way you think. Example: Empowered Soul Fire could turn into Chain Fire, bouncing targets but doing less damage each hop.

Exactly. It would make Warlock play style feel very unique, because every spell has a souped up version that can do all sorts of scary things. Instant fears should be the least of your concerns when staring down a Lock with three shards up.

This is one thing I've always hated about WoW; they were content to drive gameplay with stats and theorycraft.Hopefully the changes to Talents that we're hearing about (Path of the titans, mastery system) and the changes to locks and hunters signal Blizzard's intent to finally shift gameplay to mechanic-driven rather than stat-driven, where the stats are there to empower the mechanics rather than vice versa.

It's a personal design philosophy of mine I'm glad to see them possibly adapting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It would be pretty lame if the race change service let you be a Goblin or Worgen.

Retro said:
Exactly. It would make Warlock play style feel very unique, because every spell has a souped up version that can do all sorts of scary things. Instant fears should be the least of your concerns when staring down a Lock with three shards up.

This is one thing I've always hated about WoW; they were content to drive gameplay with stats and theorycraft.Hopefully the changes to Talents that we're hearing about (Path of the titans, mastery system) and the changes to locks and hunters signal Blizzard's intent to finally shift gameplay to mechanic-driven rather than stat-driven, where the stats are there to empower the mechanics rather than vice versa.

It's a personal design philosophy of mine I'm glad to see them possibly adapting.

They've always wanted it to be more how you describe imo. I think that the rogue combo mechanic is a good example of trying to create interesting gameplay systems that are only used by a small subset of classes and specs within the game, but they definitely haven't gone far enough everywhere.

In wrath they added a lot of ability chaining based on procs to rotations which really made raiding more interesting (for me at least), so I do think that they're moving towards a focus on gameplay above all else.

Loxley

Rob Pardo just said in an interview with Geoff (even though they've said this multiple times, but hey, people keep asking :p) that a full "graphical-upgrade" to WoW is sort of beyond the realm of possibility at this point. Simply because every piece of art would have to be redone, and that's not something they feel they'll ever have the time to do at this point. Which is why they keep updating things aesthetically in small chunks, like the fire effects in Wrath and the water effects in Cataclysm.

Loxley

They said that the Onyxian Whelpling will occasionally try to Deep Breath and fail and will just end up blowing smoke rings :D Also that the Onyxian Broodling epic flyer will be a very rare drop.

Retro

Cross-server LFG was just announced, will allow you to find people within your battlegroup. Apparently there will be a rewards system for being the leader of a successful PUG. Good news for those of us who are just fucking done with guild drama forever.

Magnus

I love how these people introduce themselves with their character and guild names. :lol :lol

And poop @ no Azshara encounter. :(

ACE 1991

Retro said:
Cross-server LFG was just announced, will allow you to find people within your battlegroup. Apparently there will be a rewards system for being the leader of a successful PUG. Good news for those of us who are just fucking done with guild drama forever.

I really dig the cross-server LFG. Now, if they could make it span the entirety of servers by region.... That'd be simply amazing.

Flib

Icecrown has multiple 5mans, 12 bosses and a vehicle section/airship battle between Varian and Saurfang

Interesting

Arozay

Glad to see that they're now considering paid race changes to go along with the faction changes. Although hopefully they don't see that as the bandaid fix and justification to imbalanced racials, as in no point balancing them since you can just pay and change any time.

border

Icecrown Citadel - Dungeons

* The Icecrown Citadel will also feature a 5-man dungeon.
* It has 3 different wings and feature 8 bosses in total. You will have to unlock the 2nd and 3rd wings through an epic questline.
* You will fight alongside Horde and Alliance heroes.

I have to say this is probably the best news to come out of Blizzcon. Given that Trials of the Crusader ended up being a pretty huge loot pinata, I can't imagine what's going to drop in this place. iLevel 245 epics in Heroic mode?

So I decided to level in AV and kinda regret it because now I'm 79 with shit gear. I'm looking to do tanking & healing in PVE and healing PVP. My plan is to get honor healing gear along with some Saronite stuff and run heroics until I can tank/heal raids. What do you guys think?

Legjend said:
So I decided to level in AV and kinda regret it because now I'm 79 with shit gear. I'm looking to do tanking & healing in PVE and healing PVP. My plan is to get honor healing gear along with some Saronite stuff and run heroics until I can tank/heal raids. What do you guys think?

How goes t he leveling in BG's?

I have a Paladin at 56 that I've put off leveling since I don't want to level the 2 levels in Azeroth until Outlands (I know, lazy.) How long would it take me to go 2 levels straight from BG's? He's rested all of those levels if it matters with BG exp.

Angry Grimace

StormyTheRabbit said:
How goes t he leveling in BG's?

I have a Paladin at 56 that I've put off leveling since I don't want to level the 2 levels in Azeroth until Outlands (I know, lazy.) How long would it take me to go 2 levels straight from BG's? He's rested all of those levels if it matters with BG exp.
XP leeching in AV is very popular on my realm :lol

border

Goblins

* Rocket Jump - Activate your rocket belt to jump up to 20 yards, every 2 min

This sounds awesome, but only because it's rife for abuse. Flag-runners in Warsong Gulch could scale the hill in front of their castle in a single bound. Casters could sit on top of the buildings in Arathi Basin and rain death on melee characters who are unable to reach them. I doubt this racial talent will make it past beta :lol

Legjend said:

How much money do you have? You can pretty much buy a complete set of tanking gear off the auction house, or have blacksmith make it for you. The price on most BoE epics has tanked since Trials of the Crusader has opened up, and there's plenty of crafted tanking plate.

And obviously you'll want to farm the hell out of Trial of the Crusader in normal mode, until you are ready to do it in Heroic. Easiest heroics to start with are probably UK, AN, and Nexus. I always like doing Culling of Stratholme too, but some people don't like that one.

Chris R

Angry Grimace said:
XP leeching in AV is very popular on my realm :lol
It is hardly leeching. On my battlegroup there are usually 10+ people afk at any given time in an AV anyways, with another ten not really afk, but sitting and typing how much they want an 80s only AV :lol

As for leveling, the sub 70 bracket is horrible for EXP, better off grinding quests in Outlands, but once you get in the final bracket, it is sweet.

Tamanon

Banned
:( One of my favorite WoW podcasters, Patrick from France is leaving. He's joining Blizzard and so has to give up all his podcasting. Just announced it on The Instance.

VaLiancY

Tamanon said:
:( One of my favorite WoW podcasters, Patrick from France is leaving. He's joining Blizzard and so has to give up all his podcasting. Just announced it on The Instance.
cryspideycrye.gif

FUCK. I just started and I'm loving it. Great conversations that catch my ear.

Proc

Heroics are way too easy. It becomes mindless and grating pretty quickly...but I must get emblems for my chest piece now that I already have my helm....ahhhhh the insanity. I don't even think I'll start raiding, after I get my badge gear I'll probably just pug naxx/ulduar if possible

Kweh

Tamanon said:
Race changes are coming soon.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait before we can change to one of the new race/class combo's. I myself have a Tauren Druid and want a Troll Druid, but i can't see them letting us change to that through a paid service on day 1 of the expansion.

How annoying. Got sucked into the hype and wanted to use a scroll of resurrection on my account to give WoW another 10 day spin and it cant be used on anything above Classic :(

Guess ill wait till Icecrown appears.

Proc said:
Heroics are way too easy. It becomes mindless and grating pretty quickly...but I must get emblems for my chest piece now that I already have my helm....ahhhhh the insanity. I don't even think I'll start raiding, after I get my badge gear I'll probably just pug naxx/ulduar if possible

Of course they're going to be easy when people are ridiculously over geared for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom