• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
25man Firefighter can go die in a fire.
Spent the last few nights getting Mimiron down to the final 1-4% on the last phase, only to hit the enrage timer and wipe.

VaLiancY said:
I'm going to level an Alliance alt so I can see how it is on the other side of the fence. I have a Tauren Druid who just hit the Outlands which I'll most likely delete in favor of a Troll Druid. Meanwhile, I'm going to level either a Shaman or a Warlock and when Cata hits I'll level a Goblin Rogue.

Welcome to the Alliance! Get used to the fact that humans kind of own most of the lore for Alliance in the 1 - 60 game, and you'll hate most of them. Varian Wrynn is still the biggest jerk in WoW.

Magni Bronzebeard is pretty awesome though, especially his special appearance in Northrend. And dwarves are easily the coolest of the Alliance races, although sha-persons won't be available for a while.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
jim-jam bongs said:
Welcome to the Alliance! Get used to the fact that humans kind of own most of the lore for Alliance in the 1 - 60 game, and you'll hate most of them. Varian Wrynn is still the biggest jerk in WoW.

Magni Bronzebeard is pretty awesome though, especially his special appearance in Northrend. And dwarves are easily the coolest of the Alliance races, although sha-persons won't be available for a while.

After my Tauren Hunter makes it up to were I can get hairloom gear for alts, I'll level up a Dwarf. You are correct, they are the coolest Alliance race. :D Not sure what class though. I'm thinking of the classic Dwarf Paladin.

VaLiancY

jim-jam bongs said:

Don't get it twisted, I'm Horde for life. :p Out all of the races in Warcraft, Dwarves are right after Orc and Tauren of being my favorites. Those short, stout bastards with big beards get nothing but love from me.

Tamanon

Banned
Kintaro said:
After my Tauren Hunter makes it up to were I can get hairloom gear for alts, I'll level up a Dwarf. You are correct, they are the coolest Alliance race. :D Not sure what class though. I'm thinking of the classic Dwarf Paladin.

You could always be the only Dwarf rogue in the game!

Cipherr

I moved and rerolled from level 1 on Greymane alliance. Going to pretty much start all over from nothing and work up on the other faction and play there. Finally on a server the same timezone as I. Seems good so far, from the spam in the cities it doesnt seem as if dungeon crawling with be anywhere near as hard as it was on Suramar. Nice populations have their bonuses.

Struggling to get backpacks and the such is weird. Its been so long, I had taken so much for granted on rerolls of servers where I was already established.

Ive been wondering if it would be possible to roll a DK here on Greymane, Lock my exp at 58 after I finish the starter quests and do dailies on the Isle of Quel'danas. Thats how badly I need gold lol. Does anyone know if that would work? Or would you still just get minimal amounts of gold for those dailies even though your exp is locked?

NameGenerated said:
I had the weirdest visual glitch tonight, it was freaking me out.

http://i31.tinypic.com/1h8pr4.jpg

What the Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I was expecting something crazy, but that right there is down right trippy.

Flib said:
You only need one ranged (a good ranged) on Eonar's Gift.

We always ran at least 2. Reasoning is Eonars can spawn all over a very very WIDE range of the area your fighting her in. I mean like seriously WAY away. If your one ranged (no matter how good he or she is) is near the rivers culdesac and the Eonars spawns waaaaay down the river on the otherside, and just as the ranged heads towards it, water elemental decides to rush him/her and knock them back another 20 yards theres a great chance of the ranged not making it to the vine in time. Or if it spawns a far distance away while a few lashers are all over said range (dazing them) its hard to close the distance even when your running dbm spamming a target macro so you start moving to it asap.

I love doing it as a hunter though, we have disengage to help 'hop' towards it in catastrophic situations and sending your pet to attack it (once you have it targeted from your macro) is an easy way to see what direction its in. It can be hard to spot then sometimes during the heat of the fight. Heat seeking pets make it easy.

VaLiancY said:
Don't get it twisted, I'm Horde for life. :p Out all of the races in Warcraft, Dwarves are right after Orc and Tauren of being my favorites. Those short, stout bastards with big beards get nothing but love from me.

:lol

Well I'm Alliance for life because it's where my mates were when I started playing. Playing a dwarf hunter through classic totally made up for it though, especially all of their sacred ancestral traditions such as Brewfest.

It's a shame honestly, the Titans aspect of Wrath could have been so much more dwarfy than just having Brann wandering around. Sometimes it seems like he's the only dwarf who cares about their roots.

Tamanon said:
You could always be the only female Dwarf rogue in the game!

;)

firex

Puncture said:
I moved and rerolled from level 1 on Greymane alliance. Going to pretty much start all over from nothing and work up on the other faction and play there. Finally on a server the same timezone as I. Seems good so far, from the spam in the cities it doesnt seem as if dungeon crawling with be anywhere near as hard as it was on Suramar. Nice populations have their bonuses.

Struggling to get backpacks and the such is weird. Its been so long, I had taken so much for granted on rerolls of servers where I was already established.

Ive been wondering if it would be possible to roll a DK here on Greymane, Lock my exp at 58 after I finish the starter quests and do dailies on the Isle of Quel'danas. Thats how badly I need gold lol. Does anyone know if that would work? Or would you still just get minimal amounts of gold for those dailies even though your exp is locked?
how the hell would you do dailies meant for level 70 at level 58? and I think the exp lock just disables exp rewards, not converts them into gold.

Kintaro said:
Heirlooms are cross faction now?

Kintaro

firex said:
no. there's no way to transfer them cross faction right now. eventually it's going to happen though.

Oh damn. Really? I figured since it was bind on account it wouldn't matter.

Oh well. I'll do something else then. Maybe just wait and do a Holy Cow.

firex

they have to add in a way for you to specifically mail something cross-faction, I guess. or some other kind of swap beyond paid faction switching with someone carrying all your heirlooms. It's the main reason (well, that and not liking most of the human/night elf stuff that dominates 1-60) I won't play any alliance alts for a long time.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Since I have no intrest in arenas, can anyone confirm that the arena season ends today in the US and that the new boss in VoA is unlocked? :)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
kinoki said:
Since I have no intrest in arenas, can anyone confirm that the arena season ends today in the US and that the new boss in VoA is unlocked? :)

I know (95% sure) its the new season today, not so sure if he's up or if he's going up with the new season precisely so...

On a related note, does anyone know if its two bosses this week in ToC? Or just the Vrykuls?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
LAUGHTREY said:
I know (95% sure) its the new season today, not so sure if he's up or if he's going up with the new season precisely so...

On a related note, does anyone know if its two bosses this week in ToC? Or just the Vrykuls?

As far as I know it's only the Ikaruga boss, aka Twin Val'kyr.

US realms can confirm this later on, I guess.

Chris R

I don't want a new VoA boss right now :( it will be like when Emelon was released and only fully geared and vent pugs could down him. Once it gets nerfed it will be good though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
LAUGHTREY said:

The new season isn't today. The current one does finish today, but the new one is next week.

I, for one, is hoping for PVP weapons that you can buy with only honor with the new season, even if it's only the Hateful ones... but i still know Blizzard won't do it... bastards.

(Not interested in arenas)

rhfb said:
I don't want a new VoA boss right now :( it will be like when Emelon was released and only fully geared and vent pugs could down him. Once it gets nerfed it will be good though.

Yea I hated that, I missed about a couple weeks worth of vaults because pugs couldn't do him and I wasn't in a guild. Just put them in separate instances already.

TomServo

Here's a question for all the priests out there...

With the severe amount of fail in my server's PUGs, would my life be easier as holy compared to disc?

When I do runs with guildies on my priest life is easy. People don't stand in the fire, melee knows to attack from behind, people don't pull aggro, etc.

With PUGs I'm starting to hate my lack of AoE healing. Some people are just too stupid not to stand in the fire. Parry? What's that? Look at my awesome DPS, I can pull aggro on every fight! Tank in regular ToC last night thought it'd be a good idea to tank in the poison puddle, despite all of the DPS being melee.

Maybe I should just refuse to PUG...

Flib

I finally got my DK to 80, need to figure out speccing. Not sure whether I should have 2 tank builds (blood and frost) or one tank build+one dps build. Not really interested in dpsing on him, so I'm leaning towards the tank specs.

TomServo said:
Here's a question for all the priests out there...

With the severe amount of fail in my server's PUGs, would my life be easier as holy compared to disc?

When I do runs with guildies on my priest life is easy. People don't stand in the fire, melee knows to attack from behind, people don't pull aggro, etc.

With PUGs I'm starting to hate my lack of AoE healing. Some people are just too stupid not to stand in the fire. Parry? What's that? Look at my awesome DPS, I can pull aggro on every fight! Tank in regular ToC last night thought it'd be a good idea to tank in the poison puddle, despite all of the DPS being melee.

Maybe I should just refuse to PUG...

Considering the amount of AoE healing necessary it wouldn't hurt to go Holy for ToC. The Black Knight can also be especially painful on a healer if the DPS is slow.

Bisnic

Gloomfire said:
Do we have any idea if the new race/class combinations are coming with 3.2.2 or do we have to wait until next expansion?

No chance that this is coming in 3.2.2 since it's one of the new things announced with Cataclysm. :lol

Beq

Neo Member
I tried holy healing with my priest, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. Other than circle of healing, there wasn't any other aoe healiing spell that you gain. But if you go holy, hey, at least you get to compete on the meters.

Just keep shields up on people and poh should keep everyone up.

But if people are just standing in poisons... you can't heal stupidity

firex

Gloomfire said:
Do we have any idea if the new race/class combinations are coming with 3.2.2 or do we have to wait until next expansion?
definitely coming with Cataclysm (or more accurately, with 4.0, the patch right before Cataclysm comes out).

Kintaro

Question for those with experience (Hunters welcome): When leveling this Tauren up, are there any zones that I should definitely be hitting up as a Hunter (Skinning/Herbalism) that play to the class's strengths more than others?

Also, does any other craft offer more for the job I should look at or just stick with the money making route I've picked up now?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Fuck, I want to get back to raiding but I really don't want to commit 5 nights a week. Why the hell do guilds still do 5 nights anyway? You need 3 or 4 at the MOST.

firex

the guild my friend is in does 3 nights a week. in my case I have to work nights so I never join raiding guilds because of it.

cwmartin

I'm looking to sell my account. 2 80's, Heroic Naxx geared priest, dual spec, epic flying, buncha other stuff. other 80 is a recently level 80 hunter, leveled him the past 2 months, has a full pre-raid/naxx set, no need to fiddle. Priest also has a full naxx shadow set, havent played the priest, or the hunter in fact in a while, with school starting looking to get it gone. Pm me interested at all, i can give you all the details and armory etc. If this isn't welcome at all ill remove the post asap.

yacobod

Banned
Entropia said:
Fuck, I want to get back to raiding but I really don't want to commit 5 nights a week. Why the hell do guilds still do 5 nights anyway? You need 3 or 4 at the MOST.

the guild i'm in is pretty casual, we raid 3 times a week for 9 hours max (3 hours/raid), we clear ulduar with usually 4 hardmodes and we have been working on general, freya with trees, and recently did yogg with 2 lights, we are 3/5 in toc as well, we will usually do 3d sarth as well for ppl's drakes each week

raiding anymore than that with this content is dumb, 2 nights would be even better

we are totally average or middle of the pack on my server in terms of progression, maybe 18th ranked or something, but on Illidan we have some cutting edge guilds as far as progression like Blood Legion and Team Ice

Entropia

No One Remembers
yacobod said:
the guild i'm in is pretty casual, we raid 3 times a week for 9 hours max (3 hours/raid), we clear ulduar with usually 4 hardmodes and we have been working on general, freya with trees, and recently did yogg with 2 lights, we are 3/5 in toc as well, we will usually do 3d sarth as well for ppl's drakes each week

raiding anymore than that with this content is dumb, 2 nights would be even better

we are totally average or middle of the pack on my server in terms of progression, maybe 18th ranked or something, but on Illidan we have some cutting edge guilds as far as progression like Blood Legion and Team Ice

That's the kinda guild I want.

The one I was in previously was 3 nights a week, 4 hours/raid, we were server firsts and what not for most hard modes. Unfortunately things kinda dwindled down, people started quitting, etc.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm alliance for life... I don't even have any low-level hoard alts... but damn... do you know how badly I want a Goblin? Do you have ANY IDEA?!?

#1 I'm a sucker for anything "high seas" and/or piratey. So their starting zone is probably more exciting to me at this early stage than anything else in WoW
#2 WoW goblins are awesome. All about the profit, insane engineer marvels... Goblin towns are always the best towns in the game. Area 52 FTW.
#3 Shaman is the only class I've never rolled, even to test out.

I'll most likely end up rolling some random Goblin class to experience 1-15, and then roll a dwarf shaman to get my "real" shaman experience.

Won

I can't believe it. I actually pushed a twink of mine to level 40. First time in years that I didn't give up as soon as I saw that damn jungle. Also never did the revamped Dustwallow Marsh. Soooooo many quests, even had to drop some other stuff, because 25 quest slots just isn't enough for that level range. :lol

Cipherr

Won said:
I can't believe it. I actually pushed a twink of mine to level 40. First time in years that I didn't give up as soon as I saw that damn jungle. Also never did the revamped Dustwallow Marsh. Soooooo many quests, even had to drop some other stuff, because 25 quest slots just isn't enough for that level range. :lol

Is it really that good now? I was planning on skipping it. DWM fucking sucked back at release, it was ass for exp and questing.

firex

Dustwallow is the best zone to go for the early 40s, no doubt. 2-3 good quest hubs and about 30-40 good quests there, maybe even more. It's an exp pinata zone.

Tamanon

Banned
Dustwallow on the Alliance side will carry you from 34-40 and give you great gear for your level, all with quests that progress in a natural order from hub to hub.

Puncture said:
Is it really that good now? I was planning on skipping it. DWM fucking sucked back at release, it was ass for exp and questing.

As alliance though there's enough quests there that could ultimately at least earn you a level and since no one was there, you rarely got ganked. Plus the big quest chain at the time was pretty epic.

Won

Puncture said:

It's insane, at least for the horde. Quests everywhere. By far the best quest zone in the 1-58 range imo.

Bisnic

Won said:
It's insane, at least for the horde. Quests everywhere. By far the best quest zone in the 1-58 range imo.

That's because it's the only 1-60 zone Blizzard ever bothered updating.

I can't wait to see what the new 1-60 quests are going to be with Cataclysm if they are all as good(or probably better) than the the Dustwallow Marsh ones.

Bisnic said:
That's because it's the only 1-60 zone Blizzard ever bothered updating.

I can't wait to see what the new 1-60 quests are going to be with Cataclysm if they are all as good(or probably better) than the the Dustwallow Marsh ones.

Er wut? Silithus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom