• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bisnic said:
Updated since BC was released then. Silithus still sucks for questing because most of the quests there are for AQ, which is dead.

Eh there's still a good amount. Not quite the DWM rehaul, but you can get like half of a bar there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Jazzy Network said:
Eh there's still a good amount. Not quite the DWM rehaul, but you can get like half of a bar there.

I usually go to the Plaguelands or Winterspring to finish the 56-57 lvls... Silithus is way too far from every capitals. (At least, for Alliance. Horde got Thunder Bluff i guess..)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Why in the world would anyone leveling an alt do so in Silithus? The zone is in the middle of nowhere, isn't every interesting visually, is inferior in terms of lore, and doesn't even have many quests.

Plaguelands (both east and west) were everyone's last stop before Hellfire, I thought.

firex

you can do Plaguelands or Un'goro. I guess if you run out of stuff in Un'goro, you might go to Silithus, I don't know. But yeah, it's a terrible zone. It was basically the max level "daily hub" before they ever thought of daily quests (and before they thought of making quests award gold at max level).

Tamanon

Banned
GDJustin said:
Why in the world would anyone leveling an alt do so in Silithus? The zone is in the middle of nowhere, isn't every interesting visually, is inferior in terms of lore, and doesn't even have many quests.

Plaguelands (both east and west) were everyone's last stop before Hellfire, I thought.

My hunter is hitting 55 soon and will level in Silithus, just because he's a skinner/leatherworker.:lol

There and Winterspring.

firex

oh yeah, I forgot WS. I level in there if I'm either a pet class or a class that can cure disease/poison. I hope that's also changed in the expansion when they revamp that zone. Actually... man, I'd love it is WS became a level 30 zone for horde/alliance to counter STV. Go either to the snowy area or the jungle!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The only reason i used Silithus and Winterspring to level up was i figured i might as well get the easy xp from the quests. In a few levels the xp reward will drop so might as well do them while they are relevant. i know its not as much xp as Hellfire Pen quests, but you also get CC rep. i also do it because im a quest whore and i cant stand to see !'s.

edit: im also seriously considering resubbing just to reserve a name for my future worgen character. :lol

VaLiancY

New Pets
Core Hound Pup - Right Click to summon and dismiss your core hound pup.
Gryphon Hatchling - Right Click to summon and dismiss your gryphon hatchling.
Wind Rider Cub - Right Click to summon and dismiss your wind rider cub.
Zipao Tiger - Right Click to summon and dismiss your zipao tiger.
Pandaren Monk - Right Click to summon and dismiss your pandaren monk.

New Mounts
Onyxian Drake - Summons and dismisses a rideable Onyxian Drake. This is a very fast mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend.

Enchanting
Abyssal Shatter - Disenchants an abyss crystal into greater cosmic essence or infinite dust.

Runescroll of Stamina - Snowfall Ink, Resilient Parchment x 5 - Increases Stamina by 165 for all party and raid members for 1 hr.

Leatherworking
Drums of Forgotten Kings - Heavy Borean Leather x 8, Icy Dragonscale x 8 - Gives all members of the raid or group the Blessing of Forgotten Kings, increasing total stats by 8% for 30 min.
Drums of the Wild - Heavy Borean Leather x 4, Jormungar Scale x 20 - Gives the Gift of the Wild to all party and raid members, increasing armor by 750, all attributes by 37 and all resistances by 54 for 1 hr.

Druid
Balance
Moonkin Form now reduces the damage taken while stunned by 15%.

Feral
Predatory Strikes now has an additional effect - In addition, your finishing moves have a 7/13/20% chance per combo point to make your next Nature spell with a base casting time less than 10 sec. become an instant cast spell.

Hunter
Survival
Trap Mastery now increases the number of snakes summoned by Snake Trap by 2/4/6. (Down from 3/6/9)

Mage
Arcane
Arcane Blast has been changed, Each time you cast Arcane Blast the mana cost of the spell is increases by 175% (down from 200%). It now stacks up to 4 times (up from 3) and lasts 6 sec (down from 10 sec)
Missile Barrage now has a 8/16/12/24/32/40% to proc from Arcane Blast instead of 4/8/12/16/20%. Proc % from other spells remains unchanged.

Paladin
Protection
Righteous Fury now increases the threat generated by your Holy spells by 80%. (Down from 90%)
Judgements of the Just now reduces the cooldown of your Hammer of Justice by 5/10 sec. (Down from 10/20 sec)
Touched by the Light now increases your spell power by an amount equal to 20/40/60% of your Strength. (Old - 10/20/30% of your Stamina)
Blessing of Sanctuary now increases strength and stamina by 10% instead of just increasing stamina.

Retribution
Seal of Command now has an additional effect - When used with attacks or abilities that strike a single target, this additional Holy damage will strike up to 2 additional targets.

Rogue
Combat
Fan of Knives now causes 105% weapon damage with daggers (down from 150%) and 70% weapon damage with all other weapons. (Down from 100%)
Throwing Specialization no longer affects Fan of Knives

Assassination
Master Poisoner now has an additional effect - gives Envenom a 33/66/100% chance to not consume Deadly Poison.

Warrior
Arms
Sword Specialization now gives you a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to get an extra attack on the same target after hitting your target with your Sword. (Up from 1/2/3/4/5%)

Cipherr

How the hell did they manage to sneak a hunter nerf in there :lol

Its so silly looking. Its completely out of place with the rest of the notes.

Proc

Guys, xp is unbelievable in AV. Instant queues, people do what they're supposed to (aside from some afkers), everything is quick and easy most of the time. I've already almost have a level and a half on my 76 dk in only a couple days. Good times. I'll have to lvl my warrior as well before the inevitable xp nerf.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So, I'm guessing there isn't a new boss in the Vault then?

Also:

Enchanting
Abyssal Shatter - Disenchants an abyss crystal into greater cosmic essence or infinite dust.

Runescroll of Stamina - Snowfall Ink, Resilient Parchment x 5 - Increases Stamina by 165 for all party and raid members for 1 hr.

Leatherworking
Drums of Forgotten Kings - Heavy Borean Leather x 8, Icy Dragonscale x 8 - Gives all members of the raid or group the Blessing of Forgotten Kings, increasing total stats by 8% for 30 min.
Drums of the Wild - Heavy Borean Leather x 4, Jormungar Scale x 20 - Gives the Gift of the Wild to all party and raid members, increasing armor by 750, all attributes by 37 and all resistances by 54 for 1 hr.

Very, very needed.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
So are the Worgen and Goblin starting areas going to be like the Death Knight's where you're isolated from the outside world and forced into a linear quest progression? I swear I don't understand all the praise the DK starting area gets.

mclem

kinoki said:
Tanking is only role you can play with the standard UI without feeling handicapped. Any form of dps needs a better way to highlight debuff durations, buffs and cooldowns. Healers need alot of addons just to monitor the information they need to decide what spell to cast.

Possibly due to having spent time as a healer in the past, I'm very uncomfortable tanking without Grid and Clique. Being able to see at-a-glance that "Something's going wrong with these people" is occasionally extremely useful.

I'd actually like everyone to have Grid or similar, mainly because it's so frustrating when a DPS is calling the shots and you have to break the news to him - gently - that everyone else is dead.

Kletian

VaLiancY said:
New Pets
Core Hound Pup - Right Click to summon and dismiss your core hound pup.
Gryphon Hatchling - Right Click to summon and dismiss your gryphon hatchling.
Wind Rider Cub - Right Click to summon and dismiss your wind rider cub.
Zipao Tiger - Right Click to summon and dismiss your zipao tiger.
Pandaren Monk - Right Click to summon and dismiss your pandaren monk.

Woah woah woah, how do we go about getting these?! :D :D :D

markot

Banned
Kletian said:
Woah woah woah, how do we go about getting these?! :D :D :D
DPLOOT_1.gif

:(

kai3345

Banned
GDJustin said:

I leveled my Mage from 55 - 59 soley thru Alterac Valley, then I either 2 or 3 manned most of the Hellfire Quests so I could upgrade my gear and then I was back on track in Zangarmarsh.

Kletian

markot said:
Im just guessing, but probably, all the cool stuff like that is tcg crap.

Well stop guessing that kinda crap!

Wowpets says that the next card game stuff is a spectral tiger pet (possibly the Zipao Tiger) Two more mounts and I think like a jade panda or something.

So there's still hope.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I've been absent from this game since before Burning Crusade. Played from launch until just before and got burned out at level 45... right after I quested to get my mount.

I came back on Friday after the announcement of Cataclysm... man I was lost for the first couple hours, trying to remember everything and figure things out.

I've abandoned by 45 Paladin for a while until I can relearn this game a bit more.

I've got a level 9 troll hunter now... and I am absolutely in love again. I could feel my veins start to swell with WoW goodness. It feels really great to be back...

Now, after that freaking blog post background, can someone tell me what I should really focus on nowadays? Other than trying to convince my newly moved-in gf that I won't disappear into this game. :)

Flib

Well, I thought Twin Valkyrs was at least the most fun boss in the raid so far. Better than the infinitely unfun Faction Champions.

Flib

Took us 3 attempts, but we only did it on 10man tonight. First attempt was a clusterfuck, 2nd attempt we almost had it down but we had 2 healers explode near the end, and the third attempt was just perfect, no deaths. A bunch of our main raiders are on vacation/heading back to school this week, and I wasn't confident enough in the 25man comp that was on. Probably go back on Thursday to finish it on 25.

It took us 2 attempts on 25 man. The first attempt the group on the dark Valkyrie switched to dark when the light Valkyrie started the channeled AoE because they got a DBM warning that they didn't bother to read. It's beyond easy.

TomServo

Really hate the faction champions. The AI is a little too good, they do some uncanny shit that you'd expect from a human but not a program.

If I were a WoW dev I would lobby for the ability to jump into the fight controlling an NPC and totally wreck some poor unsuspecting raid.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
kai3345 said:
I leveled my Mage from 55 - 59 soley thru Alterac Valley, then I either 2 or 3 manned most of the Hellfire Quests so I could upgrade my gear and then I was back on track in Zangarmarsh.

How long did this take you? I would love to give this a shot on my Hunter (and switch to Marks for awhile).

Macattk15

Flib said:
Well, I thought Twin Valkyrs was at least the most fun boss in the raid so far. Better than the infinitely unfun Faction Champions.

We one shot it and the only reason I thought it was cool was because the massive damage I was doing because I'd sprint around and grab all the white orbs before anyone else could usually.

Proc said:
Guys, xp is unbelievable in AV. Instant queues, people do what they're supposed to (aside from some afkers), everything is quick and easy most of the time. I've already almost have a level and a half on my 76 dk in only a couple days. Good times. I'll have to lvl my warrior as well before the inevitable xp nerf.
Flib said:
I leveled my dk fully from 79 to 80 on Monday in about 3 hours, mainly in AV. The amount of xp you get is insane.
So true. I can't believe they haven't nerfed the XP yet. I feel kind of bad, missing out on quests to instead do AV repeatedly, but it's so damn quick and easy :lol

thatbox

Banned
Druid Tier-8 Healer 4-Piece Set Bonus: The amount of healing this set bonus grants on the initial cast of Rejuvenation has been reduced by 50%.
About fucking time. I guess all the druids will have to move on to the next most powerful healer 4piece, then!

thatbox said:
About fucking time. I guess all the druids will have to move on to the next most powerful healer 4piece, then!

Is that the only set they nerfed? Because on my enhance shaman I know I'm not touching Tier 9 until I can get 4 pieces.

Quake1028

Fucking Less-rabi. He literally tranformed .0001 of a second before he died, denying us the ach. Oh well, we should easily get it tonight. Share the Love went off without a hitch.

TomServo

DPS caster rings have been like hen's teeth in our 25 man Ulduar raids. I was more than happy to spend 35 Emblems of Triumph on a Band of the Invoker last night, finally ditching my Band of Channeled Magic.

Also managed to pick up a Runescribed Blade and Ironmender within a week of each other. Couldn't believe that. It's not just rings, DPS caster gear in general is rare for us.

Think it's time to replace all of the rare gems in my gear with epics, most of them are in my t8.5 gear and it's going to be a while before that stuff gets replaced.

There's talk that we may not raid Ulduar after this week. Gear in 10 and 25 man ToC is too good. I have a feeling we'll be running all four Trials of the Crusader to farm badges and gear. As much as I don't like Ulduar, it'd make me sad to leave with only 4/5 t8.5 gear.

Quake1028

TomServo said:
DPS caster rings have been like hen's teeth in our 25 man Ulduar raids. I was more than happy to spend 35 Emblems of Triumph on a Band of the Invoker last night, finally ditching my Band of Channeled Magic.

I had to do the same exact thing, but it was ditching my Annylhide's Ring. 25 Naxx and 10/25 Uld are wastelands for us for caster rings, and Uld is a wasteland for caster dps gear for us as well.

Gloomfire said:
I had to do the same exact thing, but it was ditching my Annylhide's Ring. 25 Naxx and 10/25 Uld are wastelands for us for caster rings, and Uld is a wasteland for caster dps gear for us as well.

Had the exact opposite issue on our raids. We were always getting caster gear, and staffs. We had ONE Worldcarver drop and maybe 3 Stormrune edges. About 15 caster and dps staffs though. I guess loot really is random and in many cases not for the best. On the postive the way ToC is designed you will eventually get what you want if you keep collecting badges. And that is oh so awesome.

The Dark One

DarkMage619 said:
Had the exact opposite issue on our raids. We were always getting caster gear, and staffs. We had ONE Worldcarver drop and maybe 3 Stormrune edges. About 15 caster and dps staffs though. I guess loot really is random and in many cases not for the best. On the postive the way ToC is designed you will eventually get what you want if you keep collecting badges. And that is oh so awesome.

The Dark One

Except weapons :(

VaLiancY

Where are the brown skin Orcs for customization? Someone should have asked that at Blizzcon instead of "My Resto Shaman needs x & y", and Blizz wouldn't be able to pull the "lore" card
but they would have anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom