• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SuperAndroid17 said:
havent read about it..

whats it about? dont stand in the fire? :lol
Literally. He drops fire patches. Don't stand in them.

All you have to do is not stand in front of him while he has Meteor Fists up and let the tanks soak that and just follow him around pounding on him. Also, blow Heroism shortly after the pull because if you're PUGing half your DPSers will be dead if you try to use it later.

Son of a bitch, I needed gloves REALLY bad despite wanting shoulders from triumph badges/trophy. So I went a head and got gloves and low and behold, Rogue gloves drop from new Fire guy in Archavon. Sometimes this game fucks with me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Infinitemadness said:
Son of a bitch, I needed gloves REALLY bad despite wanting shoulders from triumph badges/trophy. So I went a head and got gloves and low and behold, Rogue gloves drop from new Fire guy in Archavon. Sometimes this game fucks with me.
That's ok. My S-Priest Gloves dropped on Fire guy. While I was on my DK :lol

firex

Infinitemadness said:
well, if you could have rolled on them then you could also have sold back your bought ones!

Cipherr

Lol at Dustwallow. Wow. Amazing exp and quests in this zone. Going to cruise though it in a heartbeat. Shame Greymane didnt get up until 8:30 CST. Could have gotten a few levels easily.

Macattk15

Heroic ToC is definitely a ballbreaker.

Worms come out after 3 mins on Gormok. We'd be killing Gormok as they became active basically.

Never made it out of phase 2 though. We'll be back tomorrow ... only spent about 30 mins in there tonight.

Chris R

Other than the fires being insanely hard to see, Koralon is super easy. Sucks that VoA drops PvP gear though, as that was all we got (and not even my class :( )

Xabora

Macattk15 said:
Heroic ToC is definitely a ballbreaker.

Worms come out after 3 mins on Gormok. We'd be killing Gormok as they became active basically.

Never made it out of phase 2 though. We'll be back tomorrow ... only spent about 30 mins in there tonight.
Same here, the first fight is obviously a DPS race with the last boss having a hard enrage.

Yeah, we put a half hour of attempts in on heroic TotC and called it because every time the priest died it took away one of our max attempts and we have the worms despawn on us once.

Entropia

No One Remembers
God my server is terrible; the server first Algalon-10 kill was just done tonight and Yogg+3 has only been done this past couple of weeks.

This is Whisperwind, which is, iirc, a launch server and is one of the highest populated servers.

Magnus

We tried Heroic 10m ToC and got a little owned in phase 2 of the first fight. :lol

Anub'arak normal 25m was a joke, as expected. So sad.

In better news, Shattered Fragments of Val'anyr formed!! Hope to get my mace on the Yogg kill on Thursday! :)

firex

hmm, I wonder... Blizz said something about Quel'serrar making a comeback of sorts with the 5th anniversary Ony raid... I hope there will be some kind of new Quel'serrar possibility in the fight so I can get a new tank weapon. The heroic ToC one would be a nice upgrade over Red Sword of Courage, but I have like no luck with that drop.

border

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49303/gleaming-quelserrar/

It seems like garbage. Tanks are already defense capped and if you aren't you'd be insane to rely on an item's proc to keep you capped. I understand that they want to make it like the old item, but yeesh.....you lose a ton of stats for one lame proc. They could have at least had it proc +100 dodge or +100 parry or something a little more useful.

Considering that Onyxia will probably have a 1 week lockout, I'd plan on farming Heroic ToC for the sword that drops there.

Angry Grimace

rhfb said:
Other than the fires being insanely hard to see, Koralon is super easy. Sucks that VoA drops PvP gear though, as that was all we got (and not even my class :( )
Got him to 1.3m with a PUG on attempt No. 1, then downed him 2 tries later. If the fires weren't hard to see while in the middle, the fight would be easier than Archavon, because the tanks just kite them around the edge of the room to keep melee out of the fire, while ranged and heals stay in the middle. The only reason you can't do that is because grouped up ranged will die to a fire patch.

Even with a PUG, the key is to just pop heroism at the beginning while all your crap puggers are alive.

gleaming%20quel%27serrar.jpg

border said:

It seems like garbage. Tanks are already defense capped and if you aren't you'd be insane to rely on an item's proc to keep you capped. I understand that they want to make it like the old item, but yeesh.....you lose a ton of stats for one lame proc. They could have at least had it proc +100 dodge or +100 parry or something a little more useful.

Considering that Onyxia will probably have a 1 week lockout, I'd plan on farming Heroic ToC for the sword that drops there.
You missed the point a bit.

Quel'serrar isn't designed for you to meet the Crit Suppression threshold. Defense Rating doesn't immediately suffer diminishing returns at the 689 level; you'd still gain close to 3% avoidance on a proc + 1400 armor. It's still a weird weapon otherwise.

TomServo

Trophies of the crusade are causing EPGP loot distribution to become a PITA. Raid leader is asking what piece someone will buy when they win the item, then charging them based on that. One trophy took five minutes to hand out / charge EP for because the RL got confused about what item the winner was going to buy.

Personally I think it's shit to charge full EP for an item that requires a bunch of badges to be useful. I won't be bidding on them until I'm swimming in badges and can instantly turn around and purchase that piece of iLevel 245 t9 gear. I just got my 5/5 t8.5 as well, think I want to enjoy wearing that for a while.

Anub'arak was a faceroll on normal. You can completely ignore permafrost and just burn him down. Didn't get into any of the heroic mode encounters, server came up way late and the aforementioned loot stupidity meant we didn't finish normal until 12AM EST.

Macattk15

TomServo said:
Trophies of the crusade are causing EPGP loot distribution to become a PITA. Raid leader is asking what piece someone will buy when they win the item, then charging them based on that. One trophy took five minutes to hand out / charge EP for because the RL got confused about what item the winner was going to buy.

Personally I think it's shit to charge full EP for an item that requires a bunch of badges to be useful. I won't be bidding on them until I'm swimming in badges and can instantly turn around and purchase that piece of iLevel 245 t9 gear. I just got my 5/5 t8.5 as well, think I want to enjoy wearing that for a while.

Anub'arak was a faceroll on normal. You can completely ignore permafrost and just burn him down. Didn't get into any of the heroic mode encounters, server came up way late and the aforementioned loot stupidity meant we didn't finish normal until 12AM EST.

That is silly. We just charge a base GP for the Trophy and be done with it. Otherwise that crap would ... like you said ... take forever.

Yeah Anub'arak was faceroll. Only thing we worried about Permafrost was for the adds ... tanking them on it and what not .... did not bother trying to keep Anub'arak above ground (though I've heard conflicting reports about it not being possible).

Looks like heroic ToC is the "true" ToC though. Pretty damn hard from what we saw in 45 mins last night.

firex

oh, I was hoping it'd be a quest and stuff, and not just a drop. I'll still hope I can get it because the proc is cool and the weapon looks cool, and that's honestly just as important for me considering I will never get a higher item level tank weapon, unless they add one to badge vendors or the icecrown 5 mans. Plus if I had to guess, the proc will be pretty frequent. Maybe not full uptime, but I bet it can be given 25-40% uptime for warrior/paladin tanks (would probably proc off HotR and seal of corruption weapon damage procs for paladins). But I mean seriously, I only want the ToC tank sword for better stats, while I would take the redone Quel for looks + stats.

border said:

all the Onyxia gear is like that. Did you see the updated tier 2 helms? They still have the random nearly useless +10 resistances

Edit: Looking through the Onyxia loot table I noticed they changed a few items, and even added Vendorstrike to her loot table. And this glorious ring of course

http://www.worldofraids.com/images/news/2009/august/onyxia-loot/10-player/runed ring of binding.jpg

TomServo said:

I got one piece of triumph gear and won't be touching anymore for awhile now. Since hard modes will give out loot tokens instead I figure I'll just save my emblems for the time being and pick up a new trinket, ring, and relic.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
all the Onyxia gear is like that. Did you see the updated tier 2 helms? They still have the random nearly useless +10 resistances

I got one piece of triumph gear and won't be touching anymore for awhile now. Since hard modes will give out loot tokens instead I figure I'll just save my emblems for the time being and pick up a new trinket, ring, and relic.

True. Hard modes will drop straight tokens ... but how advanced is your guild in say Ulduar and such? The heroic mode of ToC is quite the step up from normal.

Epix

Roflstomped 10man ToC normal then started getting owned in ToC 10 man heroic. Granted we had a pug healer but the rest of the group was from our elite 10 man (Yogg+1, firefighter ect). Definitely a step up in difficulty not to mention a little buggy. We had the worms spawn will first boss was still up and 3rd boss spawn while worms were still up.

Anyone here get the Green Proto-Drake?

I'm thinking it will be my first goal once I reach 80 and wondering how realistic it is. I'm hearing six months of hatching eggs should be the longest it would take, but I could also get it in a week or too with a little luck.

The heroic modes don't actually drop tokens / trophies. The tribute chest that you get at the end of a heroic run does and the number you get is based on how many attempts you have left.

Flib

I'm pissed, I came on late last night because I got stuck at work, and didn't get into our h TOC group. Wanted to at least get the achievement on 10man as well. I'll get to try it tonight, but it's still frustrating.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Lamonster said:

I'm thinking it will be my first goal once I reach 80 and wondering how realistic it is. I'm hearing six months of hatching eggs should be the longest it would take, but I could also get it in a week or too with a little luck.

With my blood elf rogue, i got the Green Proto Drake on my 1st egg.
With my draenei mage? I'm still waiting for it 5 months later after god knows how many eggs.

But i stopped playing my rogue and been playing my mage for a while now.

WHY ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME BLIZZARD

firex said:
oh, I was hoping it'd be a quest and stuff, and not just a drop. I'll still hope I can get it because the proc is cool and the weapon looks cool, and that's honestly just as important for me considering I will never get a higher item level tank weapon, unless they add one to badge vendors or the icecrown 5 mans. Plus if I had to guess, the proc will be pretty frequent. Maybe not full uptime, but I bet it can be given 25-40% uptime for warrior/paladin tanks (would probably proc off HotR and seal of corruption weapon damage procs for paladins). But I mean seriously, I only want the ToC tank sword for better stats, while I would take the redone Quel for looks + stats.

That weapon is cool for no other reason than it at least has a proc effect. Blizz has gotten super lazy when it comes to weapon design as of late. Everything is agi+crit+ hit, or str + stam + crit+ arpen or some variety of that. Weapons like Kalimdor's Revenge, and even Sulfuras don't exist anymore. Forget about awesome weapons like Corrupted Ashbringer. I am hoping that at least Icecrown and hopefully Shadowmourne are more than just Str+stam+ crit.

On another note I was able to join a group that completed 10 man ToC. I had a good time and I am very happy to get more badges. Things perhaps are looking up.

The Dark One

Macattk15

Epix said:
Roflstomped 10man ToC normal then started getting owned in ToC 10 man heroic. Granted we had a pug healer but the rest of the group was from our elite 10 man (Yogg+1, firefighter ect). Definitely a step up in difficulty not to mention a little buggy. We had the worms spawn will first boss was still up and 3rd boss spawn while worms were still up.

Uh. That's not a bug.

That's how heroic is. You have 3 mins to kill Gormok. If he isn't dead ... the worms will come anyway. If you kill him before 3 mins then good job.

cubicle47b said:
The tribute chest you get after you kill Anub.

Ensidia killed the heroic Valkyries and have 44 attempts left. That's insane.

That's stupid, so we won't even begin to be seeing level 258 tier gear until we clear the entire hardmode? =/

Epix

Macattk15 said:
Uh. That's not a bug.

That's how heroic is. You have 3 mins to kill Gormok. If he isn't dead ... the worms will come anyway. If you kill him before 3 mins then good job.
Snap.

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
The tribute chest you get after you kill Anub.

Ensidia killed the heroic Valkyries and have 44 attempts left. That's insane.
To be fair, the game really can't be designed around continental All-Star guilds. Most people are reporting heroic mode to be extremely tough so far.

Epix

funkmastergeneral said:
That's stupid, so we won't even begin to be seeing level 258 tier gear until we clear the entire hardmode? =/
I agree. If you manage to kill the first 4 bosses and can't kill Anub then no tokens for you :(.

firex

The Lamonster said:

It's complete luck so no one can really say for sure.

Sciz

funkmastergeneral said:
The vendors who sell the 258 gear are named Isimode and Faesrol for a reason.

Angry Grimace said:
To be fair, the game really can't be designed around continental All-Star guilds. Most people are reporting heroic mode to be extremely tough so far.

It is extremely tough which is why their level of performance is insane. They'll probably kill Anub'arak on hard-mode today and be done with TotC progression after just a few short hours.

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
It is extremely tough which is why their level of performance is insane. They'll probably kill Anub'arak on hard-mode today and be done with TotC progression after just a few short hours.
Sort makes one wonder how long Blizzard intends to hang this particular instances on us. Doesn't seem like it's going to entertain players for too long. Honestly, I think Aion's arrival has pretty great timing; I have serious doubts there will be anything at all to do in the time it takes me to play and get bored of Aion.

Angry Grimace said:
Sort makes one wonder how long Blizzard intends to hang this particular instances on us. Doesn't seem like it's going to entertain players for too long. Honestly, I think Aion's arrival has pretty great timing; I have serious doubts there will be anything at all to do in the time it takes me to play and get bored of Aion.

I think for people like my guild it will be fine for the 2 or so months we'll be waiting for Icecrown Citadel. I'd be surprised if we could down 1 boss in hardmode within the first couple weeks

funkmastergeneral said:
I think for people like my guild it will be fine for the 2 or so months we'll be waiting for Icecrown Citadel. I'd be surprised if we could down 1 boss in hardmode within the first couple weeks

Exactly how many guilds not named Ensida will roll through all the new content on heroic before Icecrown. I bet not too many.

The Dark One

Heh, my server was shut down all morning for maintenance and is now going back down :( I don't know what happened with this weeks maintenance but it seemed like someone screwed up big time.

Also, question to people who have done the new Vault boss, what kind of gear is he dropping? ilevel 232/245 legs/hands?

funkmastergeneral said:
Also, question to people who have done the new Vault boss, what kind of gear is he dropping? ilevel 232/245 legs/hands?

Yeah. He dropped 3 pieces of ilvl 245 tier and a PVP piece for us last night.

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
All he dropped for us was hands. Including the T9.45 gloves I was saving up for. On my other toon.

cubicle47b said:

Good to hear. I know the chances of ever getting gear there are terrible, but I can still have hope every week! i wish they'd switch it up and let you get something like head or chest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom