• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

Deathcharger is like dark blue and the whole drapery thing around it makes it look different from the undead horses. Ochre Warhorse is better anyway though.

Macattk15

firex said:
your video card/cards also run cooler than mine does right now just idling on desktop (61 for me according to SpeedFan). Probably some fucked up geometry or messed up settings, because I have noticed since 3.1 that WoW likes to freeze on me in any crowded area now, or when loading something, when it didn't before. and by freeze I mean if I tab out to another window and go back, it'll be black and task manager says "not responding" but if I wait a little bit, it'll finish loading like normal. Happens either when I see anything with a load bar or sometimes doing something like leaving Dalaran to fly to do Tournament dailies.

Think I might back-up the WoW folders and format / reinstall OS .... maybe Windows 7 this weekend.

1up

DarkMage619 said:
Easy enough to recognize on Alliance but they all look the same to me on horde.

The Dark One

Zulian Tiger though, man. I still get whispers on where I got it (troll hunter).

Cipherr

A Character Faction Change for the character XXXXX on the World of Warcraft account XXXXX is now complete! The character is now ready to enter a special faction change interface in the World of Warcraft character selection screen.

Below is a summary of the transaction, which you may want to keep for your records.

jajajaja so awesome lol. If you have the disposable income, go for it IMO. Ive been spending the last week rebooting. Moved to Greymane to start ally from level 1 as a warlock. Now I simply faction changed him and I'm queuing a server transfer now lol.

Quick and clean level 80 in all of his gear with cash on him, leveled trade skills epic flying etc etc. Hilarious. It just feels fucking wrong. Dont know how else to explain it.

FLEABttn

Banned
Faction transfers are amazing. After 2 years of horde, guild died back in July and we figured it was a good to go Alliance again, where 7 of us started back in 2004. I've already faction transferred an 80 DK and Paladin over, and will move over a 70 mage once I can make it a nelf.

I have an 80 rogue that I don't know what to do with now, because I already have an alliance rogue.

Cipherr

FLEABttn said:
Faction transfers are amazing. After 2 years of horde, guild died back in July and we figured it was a good to go Alliance again, where 7 of us started back in 2004. I've already faction transferred an 80 DK and Paladin over, and will move over a 70 mage once I can make it a nelf.

I have an 80 rogue that I don't know what to do with now, because I already have an alliance rogue.

Have you looked to see on any of your faction changed chars if the quests are reset? I noticed when I logged in, my lock got stuff like "Ive toured the Fjord" and stuff like that, Im wondering will I be able to go to Storm Peaks now since Im ally, and do all of the alliance quests there., or basically get to do them again.

Im sure they thought of that and wont let you, but man it would be nice. Primarily for finishing off exalted with SW, IF, Darn, and Exodar since my warlock only has them all at a little into revered.

Edit: I couldnt check because I immediately queued my lock for a server xfer after making him alliance.

FLEABttn

Banned
I haven't checked yet. I initiated the entire process last night and my faction transfers were pending until about 11 AM today. I only got to change their faction at lunch and didn't get to play around with them or anything.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FLEABttn said:

The likelihood they allow you to transfer into a Cataclysm race/class combo is exceedingly slim.

Cipherr

Angry Grimace said:
The likelihood they allow you to transfer into a Cataclysm race/class combo is exceedingly slim.

I think theres going to be a long wait on it. Like really extremely long. Long enough for anyone planning to wait, to just say "screw it" and level one. On the flip side my server xfer is done already, they hadnt sent me the email, but it was done like 30m after I requested it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
I think theres going to be a long wait on it. Like really extremely long. Long enough for anyone planning to wait, to just say "screw it" and level one. On the flip side my server xfer is done already, they hadnt sent me the email, but it was done like 30m after I requested it.
Industry Secret that would rock the World (of Warcraft) if revealed:

It just takes one guy 30 seconds to press "copy".

Something magical happened to me this morning. I was at the Argent Tournament and a friend in gchat said he saw the Time-Lost Proto-Drake while on a taxi gryphon near Ulduar. So I flew over to Ulduar, saw nothing, went to the engine of the makers, saw nothing. Back to Ulduar, nothing again. I figured it was dead, so decided to fly back to the tournament. But there she was! I managed to aggro her while flying and had to land somewhere safe since she was not near any land.

This is so sweet considering this damn drake has slipped through my fingers twice! So with the red proto drake, Time-lost and now the violet one I'll get with Brewfest, my Proto-drake army is growing. I just wish I had more time to get the iron or rusted one. I've been invited to a successful 10 man Ulduar Hard mode to get it, but their raid times just don't work with me. Oh well.

Cipherr

MMM I figured this would happen, but it appears you keep all of your achievements when you xfer factions but the quests on the other side are open to you. So like I have done all of the quests in Storm Peaks but everything alliance only appears to be open to me.

All the neutral stuff is still done though. I even have veteran of the wrath achievement, but at the gates its still phased with the allies and horde fighting the scourge instead of the dragon queen being there and everyone fleeing and screaming.

I may leave it undone, I hated flight paths that flew through there. The random yelling would scare me shitless while I was windowed out.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
The Lamonster said:
I am at 1920x1200 but the jaggies were too noticable and annoying so I had to put it at 2x.
don't you find the low frame rate noticable and annoying?

Dynamic3

I just wish they were offering same-faction race changes, seeing as they obviously have the tech and transfer specifics worked out. I have wanted to change my lvl 80 Draenei hunter to a NE but am going to end paying $60 and 60 days to do so. Ahhh.

firex

They'll add goblin/furries as paid race changes but it'll be a lot later. I'll possibly do it on my mage and/or shaman depending upon how much it costs and what they do with orc racials for my shaman. Only reason I'd do it on my mage is undead sucks and he's an alchemist, so I'd benefit from at least 2 of their racials already.

Xabora

firex said:
They'll add goblin/furries as paid race changes but it'll be a lot later. I'll possibly do it on my mage and/or shaman depending upon how much it costs and what they do with orc racials for my shaman. Only reason I'd do it on my mage is undead sucks and he's an alchemist, so I'd benefit from at least 2 of their racials already.
Knowing blizzard, 1 - 2 months after launch or server specific on (New Race) Level 85 First Achievement.

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

I disagree. All it takes it time and money. Blizz has even said that they'll eventually allow it, just not at the start.

My mage isn't like my main or anything so I'm not in a rush. Eventually is nice enough, because horde characters do me very little good now.

Angry Grimace

FLEABttn said:
I disagree. All it takes it time and money. Blizz has even said that they'll eventually allow it, just not at the start.

My mage isn't like my main or anything so I'm not in a rush. Eventually is nice enough, because horde characters do me very little good now.
Night Elves have no useful racials for mage either, just like Dwarves. *shrug*

Plus you have to be a fruity nelf.

Also got my T9 DK DPS gloves off of Koralon :D:

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Angry Grimace said:
Who even knows if the racials will be the same by the time the expansion hits.

They've pointed out it's something they're intending to do.

Just killed Anub'arak hard-mode 10. It's, well, hard. The Valkyries we 2 shot. Then we killed Anub with 2 attempts left. I went from ~3K HPS during most of the fight to finishing with 7K HPS (for the fight - edit: 8K HPS on World of Logs) after the burn so it's pretty insane.

vd0hlu.jpg

I'm the blood elf on the ground.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
cubicle47b said:
Just killed Anub'arak hard-mode 10. It's, well, hard. The Valkyries we 2 shot. Then we killed Anub with 2 attempts left. I went from ~3K HPS during most of the fight to finishing with 7K HPS (for the fight - edit: 8K HPS on World of Logs) after the burn so it's pretty insane.

http://i28.tinypic.com/vd0hlu.jpg[img]

I'm the blood elf on the ground.[/QUOTE]

The rogue with the glaive is a pretty big douche.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
cubicle47b said:

I'm the blood elf on the ground.

I see you're like me and real lucky with the plate spell power item drops. So far I've recieved the 10-man shield from Anub'arak (normal), pants from him aswell and... bracers from Faction Champions.

I hate the colouring scheme for the Rockmender boots. Yea, pink shoes. Thank you for making the best regen boots in T8.25 matching a set that isn't used anywhere else and make the craftable boots match the real T8.25.

Oh, and gz Magnus on the 3rd Mace of the thread. Not that the mace is rare but we now have 3 maces here, perhaps one or two more lurking.

We beat Anub on 10 man last night. We one shot him. It was a joke. The hardest fight in the raid is the faction champions.

I also got that off-hand axe (Blood Fury) on the 25 man. I wasn't really a fan of Rogues using axes when I heard about it but, the thing looks really cool

ToddG15

I’m leveling an alt warrior (almost 76) and I’ve been doing a lot of AV, since the experience is so great, so I’ve been skipping a lot of quests I’d ordinarily do from 70-76. I’m gonna start doing more questing for the items, gold and rep but wondered what the best items/rep is to work on for a dps warrior? I don’t want to get to 80 with complete crap gear and no rep whatsoever to speak of. Any specific areas/groups to be working on before others?

I could look this up when I get some (at work right now) but thought I might be able to just tap gaf’s knowledge base. :)

Thanks!

firex

Ebon Blade is the best rep for melee dps, along with Sons of Hodir. As far as actual quests go I'd just do the instance quests for all the leveling instances, and Argent Tournament up to the Champion rank so you can spend some seals on a piece or two of gear maybe.

yacobod

Banned
ToddG15 said:
I’m leveling an alt warrior (almost 76) and I’ve been doing a lot of AV, since the experience is so great, so I’ve been skipping a lot of quests I’d ordinarily do from 70-76. I’m gonna start doing more questing for the items, gold and rep but wondered what the best items/rep is to work on for a dps warrior? I don’t want to get to 80 with complete crap gear and no rep whatsoever to speak of. Any specific areas/groups to be working on before others?

I could look this up when I get some (at work right now) but thought I might be able to just tap gaf’s knowledge base. :)

Thanks!

honestly for any new 80 the best thing u can do to gear up is run the shit out of 5m toc, and heroic 5m toc

the gear out of there is naxx 25m and ulduar 10m equivalent, that and run the daily heroic for triumph badges and conquest badges, then collect all the welfare gear

its so easy now, i wouldnt stress out about reps and shit, you wont be using that gear man

Evlar

Banned
yacobod said:
honestly for any new 80 the best thing u can do to gear up is run the shit out of 5m toc, and heroic 5m toc

the gear out of there is naxx 25m and ulduar 10m equivalent, that and run the daily heroic for triumph badges and conquest badges, then collect all the welfare gear

its so easy now, i wouldnt stress out about reps and shit, you wont be using that gear man
You'll still need a couple reps for their unique enchantments- Wyrmrest, Hodir, etc., depending on spec.

ToddG15

yacobod said:

Yah, that's my plan is to run toc as much as possible and the daily, but I would like to get some half decent gear prior to that, as I could see a lot of groups not wanting to take a welfare case, 80 warrior, in greens.

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Plus you have to be a fruity nelf.

They're redoing racials, not that "meh" racials would prevent me from rolling one. I was a nelf rogue back in vanilla and I still crushed the human rogues because they were just bad.

Nelf's are awesome =p They compliment my army of draenei.

Aurarian

He would be using the enchants those factions offer though right? As yacobod stated, that's the easiest way to get a new 80 geared. I got my stam trinket on Tuesday and it's buffed me to 37k unbuffed from 35k. I've had no luck with Heart of Iron, but all the other tanks are jealous. GM told me I wasn't allowed to roll on HoI cause our pally had no good stam trinkets lol. It's not my fault that it was defaulted to me as every other tank got something plus he and I had the same trinkets before it dropped. I should be jealous though as our pally tank won the chest from beasts. He was asking me to trade, but I said that I'll just wait for reset and try my hand again. I should be getting my badge helm on sunday if we manage to clear ToC 10 normal and two heroic mode bosses.:D

kinoki said:
I see you're like me and real lucky with the plate spell power item drops.

I only have 1 piece of plate gear from TotC but I've picked up the cloak off Anub, the mail belt / legs, a ring, and a trinket so yeah, it's been very good to me. Plus I've bought 3 triumph pieces (trinket, ring, mail helm).

After I replace 4 more items (shield, shoulders, gloves, and boots) I'm set.

Why were you wiping? Tank deaths, kiting failures during the burrowing phase, slow DPS?

It took us 3 tries to get 25 man Anub, I think, whereas on normal 10 he felt like a complete pushover. We did do the 25 man version first, though. There was a guild on our server that was decently far in progression (multiple 25 man hard-modes in Ulduar down) that basically fell apart over Anub 25 attempts (some of their better players quit and server transfered) so I know people are having trouble with *something* in the fight.

Magnus

Thank you Kinoki!

And my faction change went through for my other 80 priest :lol

I HAVE A BLOOD ELF YES LET ME SHOW YOU IT

Proc

bought my brother's 80 drood off him. I'm having a fun time healing heroics, its the first time i've healed in this game. Good times.

Macattk15

cubicle47b said:
That's actually the guild note I give his alts as his name is Bagg.

He is a douche. Saw his post on WoW Rogue forums about being "world first rogue" with the 2 Axes from ToC and trinket.

Then everyone in the thread proceeded to call him an idiot due to his mixture of AGI and ArP gems.

1up

My guild still cant get past 10man Faction Champions. 1 shot the two bosses before that, but god damn, people are retarded. I think I need a new guild.

Epix

1up said:
My guild still cant get past 10man Faction Champions. 1 shot the two bosses before that, but god damn, people are retarded. I think I need a new guild.
On normal or heroic?

1up

Normal. :( I think it's our shitty dps that is doing it. Can kill stuff faster then its getting healed, even with wound poison / aimed shot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom