• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake1028

The Lamonster said:
Anyone here get the Green Proto-Drake?

I'm thinking it will be my first goal once I reach 80 and wondering how realistic it is. I'm hearing six months of hatching eggs should be the longest it would take, but I could also get it in a week or too with a little luck.

I got it on my 4th or 5th egg. Friend got his on his 6th or 7th. Others have been doing it since the beginning and not gotten it yet.

Scum

Gloomfire said:
I got it on my 4th or 5th egg. Friend got his on his 6th or 7th. Others have been doing it since the beginning and not gotten it yet.
I'm still waiting to get mine. :-(

Wrekt

The Lamonster said:

I'm thinking it will be my first goal once I reach 80 and wondering how realistic it is. I'm hearing six months of hatching eggs should be the longest it would take, but I could also get it in a week or too with a little luck.
I got it on my first egg.

I have been doing the polar bear mount quest for 9 months now and still don't have it though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Heroic 10 man with 50 attempts left already complete :lol

firex

Gloomfire said:
I forget how many eggs, because for awhile I wasn't logging in and buying them, but off and on since WotLK launch pretty much (got to 80 on thanksgiving weekend, got revered oracles mid-december) I still haven't gotten the green proto drake yet. I don't even do the polar bear mount quest anymore since I don't really need the gold and I fucking hate spraying 30 plagued proto drake eggs.

WoWScrnShot_090209_204927.jpg

New mount that came in the mail.
Now onto ToC hardmodes.

border

Considering the investment of time it would take to roll a character of the same class on an opposing faction/server......I'd say it is a pretty great price.

I've long thought about taking my Horde warrior to join a real-life Alliance friend on another server, but he is mostly into the 25-man raiding scene so I'm not sure we'd really play together much anyhow.

knicks

I have been out of the game for some time now. Started playing in 05.

I cannot believe the changes they implemented. How are people not outraged by faction changes? :lol

After reading about this new expansion and seeing this, it's like the game is a private server. It is doing crap that would come from the mind of a 13 year old.

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno, I mean the faction change requires a shit load more work on the back end than just a server change, they've gotta basically build a new character from scratch with trades/skills/achievements/reps and the like.

Ecto311

My wife would like me to post here that I got the Deathcharger's Reins off of Baron Rivendare's steed in the instance Stratholme on the first try. Shes telling me its a big deal.

knicks

Tamanon said:
I dunno, I mean the faction change requires a shit load more work on the back end than just a server change, they've gotta basically build a new character from scratch with trades/skills/achievements/reps and the like.

Seeing as how you can play what an hour after you purchase it, it can't be to much work.

Seeing as how you pay $20-$40 for WoW and seeing as how much work it is to make the dam game charging $30 for a faction change is a lot. If they are charging $30 to have people not do it as much why not make it so you can only change once every like 6 months? Because they care about once thing, money.

knicks

Ecto311 said:
My wife would like me to post here that I got the Deathcharger's Reins off of Baron Rivendare's steed in the instance Stratholme on the first try. Shes telling me its a big deal.
:lol Grats. Isn't it like a .001% drop rate.

Tamanon

Banned
knicks said:
Seeing as how you can play what an hour after you purchase it, it can't be to much work.

Seeing as how you pay $20-$40 for WoW and seeing as how much work it is to make the dam game charging $30 for a faction change is a lot. If they are charging $30 to have people not do it as much why not make it so you can only change once every like 6 months? Because they care about once thing, money.

Are you shocked? Blizzard wants to make money by offering features people have been asking for and then charging for them? My god man, you've unraveled their secret plot!

border

knicks said:
I cannot believe the changes they implemented. How are people not outraged by faction changes? :lol

People want to play with their friends. Blizzard gets to pocket a great deal of money that would otherwise go to powerleveling services. Who cares? It doesn't affect the way I play the game in the least.

Chris R

The Lamonster said:

I've been cracking eggs since I hit revered and that was quite a long time ago... I've got more aged yolk than you could believe.

Getting the bronze drake is easier at this point as nearly everyone has one, and since you don't just get carried by 4 others and loot it

Ecto311

Angry Grimace said:
Upped from .1 to a 1% in like 2.4.

2eqf3wg.jpg

Its harder for me to find someone to fix all my armor than it was to get the horse. My wife is still pissed because she ran that instance almost 100 times to get it.

I look like a dead Carmen San Diego.

Killed the first 3 10 man heroic TotC bosses (after clearing the normal instance). Jarraxus and Faction Champions are both easy. Beasts took a while, mostly because people would not stop doing stupid shit. We have 38 attempts left so we suck but hopefully we'll have Anub down the next night we form the group.

Magnus

Boo, it's taking a lot longer than an hour to do the faction change, as expected. My credit card hasn't even been charged yet (and it's been over 2 hours), so it's still even cancel-able should I so choose.

border

Magnus said:
Boo, it's taking a lot longer than an hour to do the faction change, as expected. My credit card hasn't even been charged yet (and it's been over 2 hours), so it's still even cancel-able should I so choose.
What are you changing to/from?

Magnus

My BC main was a Dwarf Priest. I rerolled a human (which I'd been wanting to do forever) during the massive lull between killing Malygos 25 and 3.1, and made that my main. He still is.

It's pretty pointless to have two alliance priests on the same server, so my old main's becoming a Blood Elf. Hosanna~!~

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
cubicle47b said:
Killed the first 3 10 man heroic TotC bosses (after clearing the normal instance). Jarraxus and Faction Champions are both easy. Beasts took a while, mostly because people would not stop doing stupid shit. We have 38 attempts left so we suck but hopefully we'll have Anub down the next night we form the group.

We had some massive fail in the teamwork department when the servers came online. I'm usually the person who coordinate raids, both 10-, and 25-man. But since I was at work when the servers came up loothorny people formed the first group they could get and killed Anub and then jumping into heroic mode.

For the coming 3 hours they wiped on Northrend Beasts wasting 20 tries. My group, that I formed 1 hours into their wipefest (and was able to clear the entire normal 10-man) was already doing Twin Val'kyrs hardmode when they managed to finally get them down. Hopefully that teaches the loothorny people to quit it and behave in an orderly manner. Twin Val'kyr however wasn't playing to our strenghts. People were getting tired and we still have 35 left for Twins starting on Friday.

From what I can tell from doing the hardmodes is that this should have been their difficulty to start with. Northrend beasts was actually a fun fight and it required people to think and play accordingly. Handing out loot that's better than Ulduar 25-man hardmodes for nothing seems cheap.

And another nice little surprise, Furious Gear is finally available for emblems. Guess I might get back into the PvP fold again.

mclem

Just crossed my mind about heroic ToC: When do you get locked to the instance? As soon as you summon the first beasts? I assume so, because otherwise you could do some sneaky stuff with soft resets, but I thought I ought to make sure.

Chris R

I know I'm probably alone here, but I think it would be killer if all currency sans arena points were BoA. My priest just hit 80, but since I leveled via AV it has SHIT for gear :lol I'd love to be able to transfer over all the left over heroism/valor tokens I won't ever use on my mage to at least get one or two items on my priest. Same goes with honor, as I didn't mind playing av on my priest healing all the time, but can't stand to do any pvp on my mage (pve gear to the max :lol )

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
mclem said:
Just crossed my mind about heroic ToC: When do you get locked to the instance? As soon as you summon the first beasts? I assume so, because otherwise you could do some sneaky stuff with soft resets, but I thought I ought to make sure.

It begins when you talk to the dude who summons the first boss.

TomServo

rhfb said:
I know I'm probably alone here, but I think it would be killer if all currency sans arena points were BoA.

I would love BoA badges. My alt priest could use the Emblems on Conquest that rot on my main warlock, and I'd much rather have my main spend the Emblems of Triumph that my alt gets from running the daily heroic.

I don't think people have a problem with alts getting buffs from their mains, I think it's when Blizz makes things easier for people rolling their first character that the elitism comes out.

If anything, it would make grouping easier. I know there are times when guildies would rather have me facerolling heroics on my warlock than on my undergeared priest, and sometimes vice versa.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Oculus was our daily yesterday. When half of the group said "HAI WEREZ OCCULOS AT ANYWAY" I told them gl and dropped group.

ToddG15

For those who had success in 10 toc heroic, any tips or things you learned through trial error? What was your group make up? We downed regular 10 toc without any problems (1 wipe on faction champions due to a lot of initial resists but everything else was smooth) but we didn’t seem to have much luck on heroic. Granted, we only gave it 2 shots, so it’s possible we just didn’t try it enough times. And I know heroic is a huge step up from regular, but it seems like a lot of you guys have downed at least a few of the bosses in heroic and the people in my group are geared, so I would have expected us to at least be able to down a phase or two.

First attempt, we still had the first boss at about 5% when the worms came out and one of our tanks died (mainly because the other tank waited too long to taunt off).

Second attempt, we kill the first boss as the worms are coming out, but somewhere in the fight, a tank goes down (I think due to the poison/burning bile issue), but I don’t think we were anywhere close to downing the worms in the 3 minute window.

Like I said, we only attempted it twice, so I’m sure a lot of our problem was coordination (lack thereof) that could be ironed out with more attempts but it was late and we didn’t really feel like we’d be able to down the worms in time based on the last attempt.

What kind of dps/tanks/healer requirements do you need for 10 toc heroic?

Group makeup:
Druid (tank)
Pally (tank)
Druid (moonkin)
Warlock
Rogue
Hunter
Death Knight
Shaman (healer)
Priest (healer)
Pally (healer)

Macattk15

I'm getting horrid performance in WoW lately.

Q6600 overclocked to 2.8Ghz.
8800gt sli
4 GB RAM
Vista 64

Last night during Ulduar .... my FPS would crash. It would start at 30 and slowly stutter all the way down to 1 FPS. I checked my video card temperatures and they were in the 50 degree range (nothing scary). Turned off SLI .... same thing happened. Switched between primary cards ... same thing.

I've never gotten the performance that I think I should get out of these 8800gt's anyway. I might nuke all my drivers and driversweep them today ... reinstall and hope everything is fine. Or just switch to Windows 7 and nuke em all that way.

firex

I don't know what it is, but that's weird because I get around 30fps, maybe a little lower when fights are going full force, in any 25 man raid, and I have worse stuff than you (e6550 at stock speed, 3gb ram, vista 32, single 8800gt). but I never have my fps just die.

I only have problems outdoors, mostly when flying. The framerate can drop to about 9 fps at the worst of times...but most of the time I spend indoors, I get ~39-59 fps.

Max video settings, btw (except only 2x anti-aliasing).

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
The Lamonster said:
Max video settings, btw (except only 2x anti-aliasing).
if you're running at a really high resolution i don't see the point using anti-aliasing. at something like 1920x1200 i'd prefer the higher frame rate than smoother lines.

Wrekt

Ecto311 said:
Its harder for me to find someone to fix all my armor than it was to get the horse. My wife is still pissed because she ran that instance almost 100 times to get it.

Why is your hotbar empty?

Macattk15

firex said:
I don't know what it is, but that's weird because I get around 30fps, maybe a little lower when fights are going full force, in any 25 man raid, and I have worse stuff than you (e6550 at stock speed, 3gb ram, vista 32, single 8800gt). but I never have my fps just die.

Yeah I don't know what is going on honestly. It's quite quite frustrating. I've never seen an FPS collapse like this before ... I figured it was a video card going bad .... but they seem fine.

I'm only running at 1680x1050 with AA and AF off as well.

Quake1028

We cleared 10 man TOC last night. Anubarak took us 2 tries. Would have taken us 1, but on the first try we were down to me, tank and 2 healers. We got him down to aroun 280k before me and the healers were OOM and there was nothing that could be done. Fun fight though.

Man it's so easy to gear up in ToC compared to ulduar. Already rocking 4 pieces of 245 gear and should have 6 by the end of the week :lol

My guild can't even beat the watchers in 25 man ulduar. Pretty sad state of affairs.

Ecto311 said:
2eqf3wg.jpg

Its kinda funny for a forsaken or any member of the horde to want deathchargers reins seeing how as horde you can just waltz over and buy any number of undead horse that all look pretty much like Deathcharger. It's like alliance getting excited about that tiger in zg.

The Dark One

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DarkMage619 said:
Its kinda funny for a forsaken or any member of the horde to want deathchargers reins seeing how as horde you can just waltz over and buy any number of undead horse that all look pretty much like Deathcharger. It's like alliance getting excited about that tiger in zg.

The Dark One

Though i understand why Horde would want the Baron's deathcharger since it pretty much look like the purple Horde one(unless they're doing the 50/100 mounts achievements), the tiger from ZG is kinda cool even for Alliance since the skin is pretty different from the other epic Alliance ones.

Scrow said:
if you're running at a really high resolution i don't see the point using anti-aliasing. at something like 1920x1200 i'd prefer the higher frame rate than smoother lines.
I am at 1920x1200 but the jaggies were too noticable and annoying so I had to put it at 2x.

firex

Macattk15 said:
Yeah I don't know what is going on honestly. It's quite quite frustrating. I've never seen an FPS collapse like this before ... I figured it was a video card going bad .... but they seem fine.

I'm only running at 1680x1050 with AA and AF off as well.
your video card/cards also run cooler than mine does right now just idling on desktop (61 for me according to SpeedFan). Probably some fucked up geometry or messed up settings, because I have noticed since 3.1 that WoW likes to freeze on me in any crowded area now, or when loading something, when it didn't before. and by freeze I mean if I tab out to another window and go back, it'll be black and task manager says "not responding" but if I wait a little bit, it'll finish loading like normal. Happens either when I see anything with a load bar or sometimes doing something like leaving Dalaran to fly to do Tournament dailies.

TomServo

Bisnic said:
Though i understand why Horde would want the Baron's deathcharger since it pretty much look like the purple Horde one(unless they're doing the 50/100 mounts achievements), the tiger from ZG is kinda cool even for Alliance since the skin is pretty different from the other epic Alliance ones.

Anyone who's played Horde for a few years can spot Deathcharger from a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom