• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

What is the composition of the fight? We had resto shaman, ret pally, arms warrior, spriest, warlock, resto druid this week.

It was mainly a bitch because we didn't have a priest in our group to mass dispel the bloodlust or BoP. That and the 2 plate wearing 2H'er wielding behemoths would 2 love to focus 2 shot our clothies.

Panda

I've just quit cold-turkey. Unexplainable, really... been playing every day for ~an hour each day and have been really looking forward to cataclysm but I'm feeling quite liberated now. :D

Said my goodbyes to the guild, made a rather large donation to the GB, and saw the whole bank promptly get ninja'ed by someone. :lol Back to my massive backlog of other games!

Interfectum

Panda said:
I've just quit cold-turkey. Unexplainable, really... been playing every day for ~an hour each day and have been really looking forward to cataclysm but I'm feeling quite liberated now. :D

Said my goodbyes to the guild, made a rather large donation to the GB, and saw the whole bank promptly get ninja'ed by someone. :lol Back to my massive backlog of other games!

Honestly, this is the most healthy thing to do if you want to play WoW for the long haul. I've quit cold turkey probably 6-7 times in the five years I've played the game. You'll eventually find that it's possible to play other games and WoW at the same time. No more addiction, just pure casual play. :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Panda said:

I'm just about to do this myself. With the amount of games coming up over the next couple of months i'm not too sure if i can stand just playing WoW and missing out on all of them.

Of course, I would get more hours out of WoW for less money compared to everything else ... My poor wallet.

Macattk15 said:
What is the composition of the fight? We had resto shaman, ret pally, arms warrior, spriest, warlock, resto druid this week.

It was mainly a bitch because we didn't have a priest in our group to mass dispel the bloodlust or BoP. That and the 2 plate wearing 2H'er wielding behemoths would 2 love to focus 2 shot our clothies.

Maybe you can help us with this. We have not downed the faction champions on 25 man. What do you guys usually do? And what do you do on your Rogue? They always put me on resto shaman interrupting duty. Usually by the time we're done killing the healers too many have died (usually to the Rogue, Hunter, DK, Ret pally, and/or Warrior) for us to finish the fight.

Quake1028

1up said:
My guild still cant get past 10man Faction Champions. 1 shot the two bosses before that, but god damn, people are retarded. I think I need a new guild.

We couldn't either for a while, but once you get a healer or two down, it's super easy from there. We cleared the 10 man ToC on Wednesday. Try to get a rogue with Fan of Knives, helps immensely.

1up

Gloomfire said:
We couldn't either for a while, but once you get a healer or two down, it's super easy from there. We cleared the 10 man ToC on Wednesday. Try to get a rogue with Fan of Knives, helps immensely.

Gonna suggest that for next time. Spamming FoN should interrupt all casts right? If he is specc'd into it. Seriously though, I think our rogue guildie is good at pve, but terrible at pvp. Cant keep a shaman from healing. Gah.

Quake1028

1up said:
Gonna suggest that for next time. Spamming FoN should interrupt all casts right? If he is specc'd into it. Seriously though, I think our rogue guildie is good at pve, but terrible at pvp. Cant keep a shaman from healing. Gah.

The second healer couldn't get anything off with the rogue spamming FoK.

I'd say hunters and shamans are pretty key as well with frost traps and grounding totems severely limiting the melee's capability. Plus have all your paladins be ready to BoP those that are getting focused and low on health. Oh yeah and any pets should be able to be exploded fast. I know our healers complain about getting messed up by them.

Macattk15

Oni Link 666 said:
Maybe you can help us with this. We have not downed the faction champions on 25 man. What do you guys usually do? And what do you do on your Rogue? They always put me on resto shaman interrupting duty. Usually by the time we're done killing the healers too many have died (usually to the Rogue, Hunter, DK, Ret pally, and/or Warrior) for us to finish the fight.

We destroy the resto shammy first ... I'm on him with everyone else interrupting everything I can.

Usually a warlock controls the druid.

I think we kill 2 healers first ... or least the resto shaman then their rogue. Make sure your raid isn't grouped up so the wee Gnome warlock can run in there and hellfire everyone down.

It stinks when you get the Warrior, DK, Retadin all at once because they can pretty much destroy anyone.

It's up to your healers I guess to keep everyone alive.

rhfb said:
Man leveling as arms is fun. So much better than fury.

High Five!

When I started I gravitated toward Arms only to find out that Fury is the 'favored spec' for leveling. Whatever. I love applying Rend and then getting to spam Overpower, and getting a crit MS off of Juggernaut. Too bad they nerfed it down to 25%.

firex

I just wish Juggernaut didn't increase the charge cooldown.

also, while trying to level in AV (51-60 bracket, with no rest it's a good alternative until outland anyway) I ran into some dude who must have been abusing a stat stacking glitch or something, because he had 10k hp as a prot paladin at level 60. I even looked him up on armory and he basically had the old grand marshal gear, a couple ony pieces, lawbringer belt and berserker bracers (the old "exalted with all 3 pvp factions" reward) and he did have some twink enchants, like +40 stamina to bracers and +40 stamina/+12 agility to legs, and even had +10 stamina to head, but I still don't see how you can stack that much HP at 60 even with all those enchants. Armory showed him with about 7.2k so assuming all prot paladin stamina buffs, that still puts him at like 8.2k. He wasn't running with sanctuary either, he was using wisdom.

Cipherr

Man that new BG blows. Im just not getting around to trying it, but it sucks ass pretty bad. We won like 7 straight but the only thing I enjoyed was manning turrets :lol I even like Strand better than the new one. Hell I rather enjoy strand lately tbh.

Chris R

I actually trashed a ~30ish warrior I had to start one fresh (thought I was going to get someone to do RaF and it never happened). The old was fury, and I HATED leveling. The new one is arms and it is sweet. 1 day played and I'm already 32, can't wait to get even more sweet talents. I was going to swap to fury at 60 for dual bloodied arcanite reapers, but said screw it after getting to level 25 as I was having too much fun as arms :lol

firex

I wonder what mounts goblins are going to use... part of me hopes deep down that in the expansion they'll either get frog mounts, or there will be some kind of tameable frog pet for hunters.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
firex said:
I wonder what mounts goblins are going to use... part of me hopes deep down that in the expansion they'll either get frog mounts, or there will be some kind of tameable frog pet for hunters.

From what the art showed us I think they'll be driving go-kart like mounts... which just seems so off. Imagine how Orgimmar will be used for Kart-racing rather than... uhm, standing by the AH.

4 more days till I can level my druid \o/

Have to finish stupid Gnomer valiant quests before I can get accesses to the chest piece and lava dredger weapon.

Was going to level a rogue but seeing a bear tank in action last night swung me to druid :lol atleast the leather stuff works for both

Proc

Healing HToC is pretty tough. Luckily I got what I wanted to drop in one run : )

Third phase of last boss is brutal. All other heroic encounters are pretty much cake in comparison. (occ does not count).

Do you guys think you will run htoc after you get your drops?

HomShaBom

Banned
Proc said:
Healing HToC is pretty tough. Luckily I got what I wanted to drop in one run : )

Third phase of last boss is brutal. All other heroic encounters are pretty much cake in comparison. (occ does not count).

It's easy emblems. And easy for a Holy Priest to heal. But I'm one of those people that certainly will gear check and if you're fail I'm not running with you. So with the DPS I run with the phases go by in a blur.

Puncture said:
Man that new BG blows. Im just not getting around to trying it, but it sucks ass pretty bad. We won like 7 straight but the only thing I enjoyed was manning turrets :lol I even like Strand better than the new one. Hell I rather enjoy strand lately tbh.

It's like I said from the patch notes: it's AV, AB, SotA, and WG and nothing of its own.

Cipherr

I rant TOC yesterday on normal with some level 80s and 79s to see it for the first time. Interesting design (and they ran it over 4 times back to back farming the drops :lol ) I think Ill give it a go on heroic today.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just hit lvl 40 on my Hunter. :D

I think I'll take time off from lvling and craft. Cooking, fishing, etc. My equipment is quite terribad though. I'm outleveling quest items and this server's AH is bone dry.

Proc said:

I haven't run it since I got all the drops I need. Considering the fact I'm sitting on around 150 conquest emblems I don't really need the "easy emblems"

Sai-kun

Banned
Got Koralon down to 1.5m on our first try :D And people got all butthurt cuz we didn't oneshot him. Still awesome though! Fun boss.

edit: downed him the second time :D!! I was doin' 3k dps. So awesome.

Won

Proc said:

I won't even run it till I have all I want. Stupid polearm doesn't want to drop for me and I don't wanna put up with all the shitty healers anymore. :/

HoTC as in the 5man? kind of annoying how the 5 man and 10 man has such a similar name.

Still running it for the mail shoulders but the boss never spawns -_- got the pole arm on 2nd run though which was good. Cant say ive ever had a terrible run of it either.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sadly, I retired. Hopefully, Icecrown gives me a reason to return.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
Migrating to Aion?
My Wife wants to, but she's not going to have the time with Pharmacy school coming up, and I have little interest in another online game, really.

VaLiancY

At least someone downed Anub tonight. I was on Frost Sphere duty and we managed to get him up to 40 percent but to be fair it was a pug.

Oh and by the way - WTF?!

VaLiancY

Sciz said:
I'm pretty sure Blizzard put that one in just to see if anyone could pull it off.

I want a mount and not no ten stinking achievement points for that one. No reskinned racial mount either, I want a pony - a flying pony with rainbow shaders and lollipops.

But seriously the first thing that pops up in my head is Avalon and the overcharge he does to the guardian mob.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
VaLiancY said:
I want a mount and not no ten stinking achievement points for that one. No reskinned racial mount either, I want a pony - a flying pony with rainbow shaders and lollipops.

But seriously the first thing that pops up in my head is Avalon and the overcharge he does to the guardian mob.

You'd need 6 tanks at the very least for this, plus healers on all of them.

Other than that, I can see the dps running from room to room with most of them in emalons room for the adds, slowly working them all down. 60 seconds is a lot of time to kill them all, you could probably get them to 5/10% and have the tanks kill them when you call it out.

Won

LAUGHTREY said:

Other than that, I can see the dps running from room to room with most of them in emalons room for the adds, slowly working them all down. 60 seconds is a lot of time to kill them all, you could probably get them to 5/10% and have the tanks kill them when you call it out.

Thats a lot of tanks and healers for a 10 man raid. :p

You would need some serious DPS for that achievement with all the enrage timers and Emalon's exploding adds. You'd have to be on all of them at the same time.

Macattk15

Man. Finally was smoothly getting into phase 3 on heroic 25 man ToC last night. That first fight is tough. Need a ton of co-ordination and dps / heals.

Hopefully we'll kill Icehowl this week.

LAUGHTREY said:

Actually, you'd only need maybe 3 tanks.
One for Emelon and Arch (honestly, neither one hits for shit), one for Kol and one for the adds.
And three top notch healers.

Emelon could be DPS'd down pretty quick, then you'd go for arch, all while having the other tank kite Kol around the center of the entire instance.

It wouldn't be easy, but it's certainly doable.

VaLiancY said:
At least someone downed Anub tonight. I was on Frost Sphere duty and we managed to get him up to 40 percent but to be fair it was a pug.

Oh and by the way - WTF?!

Ugh, I don't know how people can do 25 man pugs.
Anyway, we found an easy way to do it was just have two locks on Frostsphere and then two tanks on the adds.
We'd kill the first set, then DPS the boss.
The reason we kill the first set is because they get a stacking buff if they are close to eachother.
Then, on phase three, we just use Bloodlust and burn him quickly.

Macattk15 said:
Man. Finally was smoothly getting into phase 3 on heroic 25 man ToC last night. That first fight is tough. Need a ton of co-ordination and dps / heals.

Hopefully we'll kill Icehowl this week.

do you happen to know if the heroic tier 9 gear tokens are dropping from bosses or will only be contained in the tribute chest?

Also is there a website out there where I could put together a set of armor and it will tell me what my stats will be with it? I've been doing all the math manually on my TI-83 whenever a possible upgrade dropped but that would be much easier.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
do you happen to know if the heroic tier 9 gear tokens are dropping from bosses or will only be contained in the tribute chest?

Also is there a website out there where I could put together a set of armor and it will tell me what my stats will be with it? I've been doing all the math manually on my TI-83 whenever a possible upgrade dropped but that would be much easier.

From what I've read. The tokens are only dropping at the end in the tribute chest if you are able to do it.

What class are you? Generally if you look at the class forums on elitist jerks .... there is most likely some kind of spreadsheet done by members with theorycrafted DPS numbers that you can see when changing gear in and out.

Least I know there is one for both rogue / warrior ... the 2 classes I've played.

And download the addon Ratingbuster ... it will give you quick stat breakdowns when you mouseover gear vs. your currently equipped gear.

Macattk15 said:
From what I've read. The tokens are only dropping at the end in the tribute chest if you are able to do it.

What class are you? Generally if you look at the class forums on elitist jerks .... there is most likely some kind of spreadsheet done by members with theorycrafted DPS numbers that you can see when changing gear in and out.

Least I know there is one for both rogue / warrior ... the 2 classes I've played.

And download the addon Ratingbuster ... it will give you quick stat breakdowns when you mouseover gear vs. your currently equipped gear.

I play an enhance shaman and can't find a spread sheet unfortuntately, but I'm not too familiar with EJ's forums. Maybe I'll just make my own.
And that sucks about the tokens, I was hoping to pick up a heroic piece to go along with my tier 9 but guess I'll be rocking the 245 gear for awhile.

Epix

funkmastergeneral said:

Download Rawr. It will change your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom