• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
I play an enhance shaman and can't find a spread sheet unfortuntately, but I'm not too familiar with EJ's forums. Maybe I'll just make my own.
And that sucks about the tokens, I was hoping to pick up a heroic piece to go along with my tier 9 but guess I'll be rocking the 245 gear for awhile.

I'll ask the enhancement shaman in the guild what he does for theorycrafting. He is a excellent player, one of the best enhancement shammies I have played with. If you want to look him up ... he is Bodyslam on Trollbane - US. Tauren shaman.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The Lamonster said:
Finally hit 80! It only took me since January.
Was that on and off playing? Because I started back up about a week ago and I was almost 72. I'm halfway to 77 now. I've had rest xp since 71 and I still can't see the end of it on my 76 bar. :lol

Grats on 80 though. :D

NameGenerated said:
Was that on and off playing? Because I started back up about a week ago and I was almost 72. I'm halfway to 77 now. I've had rest xp since 71 and I still can't see the end of it on my 76 bar. :lol

Grats on 80 though. :D
Thanks! I soloed the whole time and took it pretty casual. I still don't really play with groups so I haven't even seen any of the instances (except Zul'Farrak, I did run that a couple times). And yes, there were a few month-long breaks where I was distracted by other video games.

Next goals are epic flyer, green proto-drake and the exploration & holiday achievements.

Epix said:
Download Rawr. It will change your life.

Thanks, this looks absolutely perfect. Just a few minutes using it and I know exactly which piece of 245 tier 9 I should get next.

Macattk15 said:
I'll ask the enhancement shaman in the guild what he does for theorycrafting. He is a excellent player, one of the best enhancement shammies I have played with. If you want to look him up ... he is Bodyslam on Trollbane - US. Tauren shaman.

Wow. Looks like this guy has been pretty fortunate with drops from ToC 10/25

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The Lamonster said:
Thanks! I soloed the whole time and took it pretty casual. I still don't really play with groups so I haven't even seen any of the instances (except Zul'Farrak, I did run that a couple times). And yes, there were a few month-long breaks where I was distracted by other video games.

Next goals are epic flyer, green proto-drake and the exploration & holiday achievements.
Oh you were talking from level 1 haha. For some reason I was thinking 70-80. Well that's good.

My exploration achievements are very close to being done, only missing like 1 part of about half the zones in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

NameGenerated said:
Oh you were talking from level 1 haha. For some reason I was thinking 70-80. Well that's good.

My exploration achievements are very close to being done, only missing like 1 part of about half the zones in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.
Nice! I mostly want to do it because it's an easy way to get a title reward "The Explorer" and I don't have any other titles so it would be nice.

Earth, Wind, & Fire (10 man) is something that we've started throwing around ideas for. Right now I'm thinking 3 tanks, 2 healers, and 5 DPS split into two teams that start together on Emalon (burn him to ~20%) and split with the bigger team (2 tanks, 1 healer, 3 dps) taking Emalon to Korolon's room and the small team (1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps with one capable of tanking with cooldowns) going to Archavon's room.

We killed Koralon in 1:50 with 6 DPS this week. I think we'd need to be better geared to kill him along with the adds with 3 in ~5 minutes, especially if one is healing at times.

Chris R

funkmastergeneral said:
I play an enhance shaman and can't find a spread sheet unfortuntately, but I'm not too familiar with EJ's forums. Maybe I'll just make my own.
And that sucks about the tokens, I was hoping to pick up a heroic piece to go along with my tier 9 but guess I'll be rocking the 245 gear for awhile.
Download rawr :lol

Basically

hit (until capped) > expertise (until capped) > the rest

ArP was very high, but with the coming nerf in 3.2.2 IDK how it sorts out now.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a website/program where I can find out what the best equipment I should get?

rhfb said:
Download rawr :lol

Basically

hit (until capped) > expertise (until capped) > the rest

ArP was very high, but with the coming nerf in 3.2.2 IDK how it sorts out now.

I know all about what stats to stack and what caps I need and am pretty well geared, was just looking for a way to mess around with my stats very easily.

Chris R

funkmastergeneral said:
I know all about what stats to stack and what caps I need and am pretty well geared, was just looking for a way to mess around with my stats very easily.
Well then rawr is perfect.

I just can't decide if I should buy a new belt right now with my badges or save up more for my 2p 8.5 as the helm isn't really an upgrade for me at the moment, actually more like a downgrade as I lose hit :(

Just need to run the damn heroic daily 7 more times for some T9.0 goodness though :D

The guild I was in is falling apart and was kindly invited by the rest of the uber dps of our 25 man raid to be in a new guild.

We're only focusing on 10 man hard mode, but wow! What a great first night.

Knocked out 10 man ToC in an hour all one shots with the exception of the Northrend Beasts, we were just getting warmed up.

We also go the Salt and Pepper Achievement on the Twin Val'kyrs, then knocked out VOA 10 and Ulduar Flame Leviathan 2 towers up and Heartbreaker for XT.

Good times!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Obriens

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/7504922#damageout

Infinitemadness said:
The guild I was in is falling apart and was kindly invited by the rest of the uber dps of our 25 man raid to be in a new guild.

We're only focusing on 10 man hard mode, but wow! What a great first night.

Knocked out 10 man ToC in an hour all one shots with the exception of the Northrend Beasts, we were just getting warmed up.

We also go the Salt and Pepper Achievement on the Twin Val'kyrs, then knocked out VOA 10 and Ulduar Flame Leviathan 2 towers up and Heartbreaker for XT.

Good times!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Obriens

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/7504922#damageout

Just a quick point but shouldn't you be gemming for Agil as its 1ap and a small amount of crit compared to just a flat AP gain? not to mention it scales with kings unlike Ap.
I mean im no expert but this is just based of my hunter knowledge.

Johnlenham said:
Just a quick point but shouldn't you be gemming for Agil as its 1ap and a small amount of crit compared to just a flat AP gain? not to mention it scales with kings unlike Ap.
You're mostly right. With T7 gear, AP > Agi, but at T8 Agi slightly pulls ahead. I assume this gap will increase as your gear level does. The spec also matters a bit, with AP being about equal with Agi in Mutilate but Agi being slightly better than AP in Combat.

It'd be better for him to gem Agi, but it's about a 10 DPS increase or so. I guess every little bit helps, right?

glaurung

There is something that bugs me with WoW's floating damage numbers.

I am running a fairly powerful PC with an ATI 4850 Radeon card and the damage numbers that appear when hitting someone look blurred and heavily aliased on the sides. I wanted to ask whether this is simply because of my video card (all the rest of the graphics are fabulous) or whether there would be a way to fix this? Is there perhaps an add-on that would make the numbers appear sharp and crisp on-screen?

Thanks in advance.

Should be asking this stuff from the official WoW forums, but their login system appears to be broken at the moment.

glaurung said:
There is something that bugs me with WoW's floating damage numbers.

I am running a fairly powerful PC with an ATI 4850 Radeon card and the damage numbers that appear when hitting someone look blurred and heavily aliased on the sides. I wanted to ask whether this is simply because of my video card (all the rest of the graphics are fabulous) or whether there would be a way to fix this? Is there perhaps an add-on that would make the numbers appear sharp and crisp on-screen?

Thanks in advance.

Should be asking this stuff from the official WoW forums, but their login system appears to be broken at the moment.
I don't have WoW on me to test, but I believe it's because you're running it in a high resolution. You may want to download an addon like Scrolling Combat Text. It may take a while to get set up but it's definitely worth it to have everything the way you want it.

glaurung

Orbitcube said:
I don't have WoW on me to test, but I believe it's because you're running it in a high resolution. You may want to download an addon like Scrolling Combat Text. It may take a while to get set up but it's definitely worth it to have everything the way you want it.

Thanks, I will look into that SCTD addon. Hopefully not all fonts look like OCR A Extended...

Kyoufu

Man, I have to wait until 3.2.2 for Ret T9 to be fixed...

Everyone else in my guild is raiding in their T9s and I'm stuck with T8.5s because the 2pc bonus is bugged lol.

QQ

Macattk15

Kyoufu said:

Everyone else in my guild is raiding in their T9s and I'm stuck with T8.5s because the 2pc bonus is bugged lol.

QQ

Rogues shouldn't be!

rhfb said:
Well then rawr is perfect.

I just can't decide if I should buy a new belt right now with my badges or save up more for my 2p 8.5 as the helm isn't really an upgrade for me at the moment, actually more like a downgrade as I lose hit :(

Just need to run the damn heroic daily 7 more times for some T9.0 goodness though :D

Have you taken a look at the Belt of Dragons? It can be gotten pretty cheaply now, and I'll probably be rocking it until my guild is killing heroic Anub on 25 man.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The Lamonster said:
Anybody know of an iTunes addon that says the name of the song you're listening to?

they have one of those in-game...although that might just be the Mac version.

Johnlenham said:

You're absolutely right, but I don't number crunch and it works out for me.

So I don't bother :)

Is anyone else having trouble logging in on the EU site? I'd like to check when my account has been off for 90 days so I know when to return.

Won

SiegfriedFM said:
Is anyone else having trouble logging in on the EU site? I'd like to check when my account has been off for 90 days so I know when to return.

They had web maintenance today or something. They are either not done yet or fucked something up.

Should I merge my battle.net account and WoW account? Is there any real reason to do so? I heard there were issues with merged accounts, is that still the case?

Flib

Just stepped down as officer of my guild and am taking a hiatus. Appyling for new jobs and graduate school, I just don't have time to raid now. I've been putting a lot of things off for way too long (including a large backlog of games, lol).

Epix

The Lamonster said:
Should I merge my battle.net account and WoW account? Is there any real reason to do so? I heard there were issues with merged accounts, is that still the case?
Go for it. Early reports of problems have largely been sorted out. You're going to be forced to merge in the near future anyway so might as well go for it.

Macattk15

rhfb said:
Just the mac version, and basically only reason I use iTunes as I can pause/skip/ect ingame :D

G15 keyboard and winamp allows me to do the same. But then again, the songs all have to be on my computer and such.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I just started up again, are you all on different servers? I'm trying to decide where to start, most of my friends don't play anymore, and I hate playing these games solo. Any suggestions?

Yasser

So I started playing my warrior again after almost a year long break, is the rotation for fury warriors still deathwish, whirlwind, bloodthirst, heroic strike? Anything basic that has changed since TBC that I should be aware of?

Cipherr

So the team that won the latest tourny in Arena had a BM hunter on it. Hunters are currently at the bottom of representation in Arena just below warlocks.

And thus the latest PTR patch notes went up a short time ago:

Hunter
Beast Mastery

* Bestial Wrath now lasts 10 sec. (Down from 18 sec)

MMMmmmmmm tasty, now you can conveniently be dismantled for the duration of your BW. You can also be completely nullified by an iceblock for the duration. Or bubbled by a pally for the duration, or or or.... :lol :lol :lol

Not enough laughs in the world could explain how fast they hopped on that shit just as soon as some resilient Hunter somewhere refused to fucking give in and suck at PvP like he was told to. Hardheaded bastards needed to be taught a lesson.

hadar

Not saying the nerf isnt too fast too furious (horrible goddamn pun I know) but if you play any serious 3s you'll realize beastcleave is rapidly gaining popularity and is the most annoying shit to meet. Hell, it's pretty much uncounterable except for obscure double healer prot warrior teams.
Besides, SK-gaming standings shouldn't be used as the rule when measuring class power, the DK is currently the less popular class in 3s and you dont think they need buffs, do you?

Edit: Just finished reading the patch notes, apparently the talent will increase damage by 10% all the time, not just when BW is up, so in the end it's a kind of buff? :D

Infinitemadness said:
You're absolutely right, but I don't number crunch and it works out for me.

So I don't bother :)

You should always have a grasp of the mechanics and "whys" behind the math, vast tables of calculations is just gravy. I've had arguments with "mathturbators" over this over trivial things, but in a way they are right; the game is moving into a more rigidly deliniated form that aids a number-cruncher more than someone who isn't.

Just stepped down as officer of my guild and am taking a hiatus. Appyling for new jobs and graduate school, I just don't have time to raid now. I've been putting a lot of things off for way too long (including a large backlog of games, lol).

I just got back after a step down a rank to rank 'n file after a 2 month break (lotsa stupid shit at once and general ennui about hard modes). Feels good, trust me.

Not enough laughs in the world could explain how fast they hopped on that shit just as soon as some resilient Hunter somewhere refused to fucking give in and suck at PvP like he was told to. Hardheaded bastards needed to be taught a lesson.

This is the same cockheaded reasons Disco ate a penance nerf: some hyperskilled arena junkie managed to beast thru melee teams using it in a godly manner, bada boom, bada whathahfugg you see it nerfed because SOMEONE could use it at that rarified air of play.

Blizzard has become very bad this expansion about caring only for the very best and very worst players' time in-game.

Cipherr

hadar said:
Not saying the nerf isnt too fast too furious (horrible goddamn pun I know) but if you play any serious 3s you'll realize beastcleave is rapidly gaining popularity and is the most annoying shit to meet. Hell, it's pretty much uncounterable except for obscure double healer prot warrior teams.
Besides, SK-gaming standings shouldn't be used as the rule when measuring class power, the DK is currently the less popular class in 3s and you dont think they need buffs, do you?

Edit: Just finished reading the patch notes, apparently the talent will increase damage by 10% all the time, not just when BW is up, so in the end it's a kind of buff? :D

No friend, allow me to explain, a BM hunters dps in an optimal situation is roughly 60% hunter 40% pet give or take, a 10% buff in the hunters personal damage does not equate to anywhere NEAR an actual 10% increase in damage done. So the buff is roughly half of that when you count in the decreased dps from BW uptime within the change, and add an extra 4% total dps output to a BM hunter leaves him hundreds of dps (hundreds and hundreds) below SV and marks STILL and they STILL scale much much worse than those other two specs.

10% is a pretty number to get people who dont play hunters (and thus dont understand them) to think that they will come out ahead, when in essence its a "buff" small enough to ensure that it doesnt make up for the BM nerf in PvP and doesnt make up the ground between it and SV/MM in PvE leaving BM without a home in PvE and now without a home in the small niche PvP that it was JUST starting to establish.

And if you play any serious 3's can you explain how you feel about RMP holding 33% representation against this new and upcoming Beast cleaves 3% riding on the back of its recent popularity and then being surgically destroyed? Remember, this patch didnt just nerf the hunter, the other patch notes are nerfs to Shamans (which is another class that is a part of this new Beast Cleave comp). The shaman nerfs are along the same lines as the BW nerf, to remove that classes ability to counter CC's. They just systematically removed what allowed that comp to be viable. And they have nothing to say for the RMP combo sitting at a whopping 30%+ and GAINING in popularity for over a YEAR.

Theres no justifying this one, you cant really point to this new up and coming and call it justified just because someone somewhere figured out how to take two of the worst PvP represented classes and make them semi work.

Hell, it's pretty much uncounterable except for obscure double healer prot warrior teams.

Its funny that you say this, because until the BM hunter Enh Shaman combination, the RMP mega popular combo was thought to be completely UN-COUNTERABLE except for this particular one. I dont see how these changes can be argued for without some extreme extreme extreme double standards. For crying out loud the actually extended the length of BW back in the day, it used to only be like 15 seconds and they added time to make it 18. Now a roll back to 10, its amazing.

They waited two weeks, then they killed the only composition that was able to defeat the king of the hill.

This is the same cockheaded reasons Disco ate a penance nerf: some hyperskilled arena junkie managed to beast thru melee teams using it in a godly manner, bada boom, bada whathahfugg you see it nerfed because SOMEONE could use it at that rarified air of play.

Blizzard has become very bad this expansion about caring only for the very best and very worst players' time in-game.

I think thats why it eats at me so, that and that I played a hunter up until about a month ago from way back in beta so I obviously still care about the class even though Ive completely given up on PvP and started playing a warlock as my main.

I want to believe that they are better than that. That the changes are genuinely due to them wanting to make BM viable in PvE. But jesus, there are so many quotes from GC along the lines of "BM is lacking in a lot of areas and we know that" and with this timing, its just to perfect.

I mean two weeks after the victory massive nerfs? And not just to one of the 3 classes, but TWO of them SIMULTANEOUSLY in one patch? They couldnt space out the BM hunter and the shaman nerf? Maybe we wouldnt have made the connection if they nerfed shaman a month from now, but holy shit, 2 weeks? Do you know how long people have wanted vanish fixed? Pets fixed from dismounting and having 20% health? Shadowpriests have all kinds of issues, so many bugs and small changes that need addressed, and this shit here managed to shoot to the top of the list within 2 freaking weeks? I just cant ignore that no matter how much of a fan of Blizzard I am. Feels like they are just pissing in the players faces just because they can.

Amazing.

firex

They're worth leveling on at least one character per faction, assuming you play both sides. You pretty much need some fishing to get cooking up to 300ish, at least without any luck and making tons of green stuff for skillups. All the food you can learn in Dalaran is awesome since you can get food for pretty much any stat you want.

J-Rzez

Puncture said:
And thus the latest PTR patch notes went up a short time ago:

MMMmmmmmm tasty, now you can conveniently be dismantled for the duration of your BW. You can also be completely nullified by an iceblock for the duration. Or bubbled by a pally for the duration, or or or.... :lol :lol :lol

Hopefully they go after the real problem, TBW, and nerf that down as well to 8-10sec with current values. And that's generous. A constant 18-second pvp trinket with bonus effects? It's amazing that it's slipped through the cracks this long. But it won't with the seemingly rising number of people rolling Hunters in arena's because they found out they can blow people up basically as fast as a Destro-lock untouched wearing full BiS pve gear.

I believe DK's are facing a similar problem with their 4pc bonus, which wasn't doing what it was supposed to.

I've completely switched my Paladin over to mp5 except for my chest, shoulders, and weapon so I'm up to 380 mp5 unbuffed (and a 128 mp5 trinket) and replaced all my Ulduar gear except the mace and my shoulders (buying off-set shoulders tomorrow or Friday).

Also got A Tribute to Skill (10) this time. We had 38 attempts left. Hopefully we can clean up the problems we had in the next couple weeks.

Macattk15

We just got A Tribute to Mad Skill (10) with 48 attempts left. Unfortunate wipe on Faction Champs and 1 wipe on Anub.

4 Trophies was pretty awesome.

thatbox

Banned
Macattk15 said:
We just got A Tribute to Mad Skill (10) with 48 attempts left. Unfortunate wipe on Faction Champs and 1 wipe on Anub.

4 Trophies was pretty awesome.
What was your healer comp for heroic Anub 10? We bashed our heads against it for over 30 attempts last week but P3 got us every time. I think we needed a Resto druid, but I'm not sure what other people have been doing it with.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
thatbox said:
What was your healer comp for heroic Anub 10? We bashed our heads against it for over 30 attempts last week but P3 got us every time. I think we needed a Resto druid, but I'm not sure what other people have been doing it with.

I think you have it all wrong. We just used Judgement of Light and healing steam totems for Ph3. Remember, everyone (except tanks) needs to be at ~20%ish health constantly to not die from Blistering Cold. Don't top them off or you'll make it impossible to burn down. And make sure everyone, including healers, melee the boss.

[EDIT] The DoT in Ph3 deals damage equal to 20% of your current health and heals the boss for the same amount. Take for instance if you have 10 people with 20k hp and you manage to keep them topped constantly (for the sake of the argument) that means that the boss heals for 40k health every second. That means you need to have 40k dps from the raid, atleast. But, if everyone has 5000 hp the DoT will do 1k damage to everyone in the raid meaning only 10k hps to Anub meaning you'll only need to have over 10k dps to kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom