• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is gonna be a fun day it seems. I'm so glad i work these days during patch days. I use to get so damn antsy waiting for the servers to come back up! MAF, quit roaming the forums and go lvl phyacia damn it. It'd be wise for you to hit it 50ish soon. I've got something FANTASTIC waiting for ya. Just kidding! or am i?!??! duh duh duuuhhhhhh.

For those of you that have tried battlegrounds, is it something hard to get into? By getting into, i mean strategy wise, and all that. Is it something a pickup group can do, or is it meant more for guildmates or players that know each other's style well.

hobart

Alex said:

Using it over a Staff?

I'm no Wand guy myself... just found it getting resisted constantly when I was using it... now, however... if I can wand my way in between a few spells... it has great usage.

Alex

Oh hell yeah, it's like a mini arcane missle for free. Gravestone Scepter at level 30 + autoshoot = awesome, awesome to the max.

I never get resisted, but I have maxed wand level. I used it prior to the patch to finish enemies off, but hell, I'm taking off halves of life bars on quest enemies with it now

The only issue being, if it holds up, I'm gonna hafta start buying wands....owned.

INV_Wand_04.jpg

RESPECT.

Alex

Haha, estimated time left in queue: less than a minute (has said that since the start)

Time spent in queue: 24 minutes. =(

Blizzard could make a killing by running a shady amusement park.

...Or repacking Battlegrounds as FFXI Dragoon LFG simulator.

SaitoH

RonaldoSan said:
I need some advice on the rogue. People tell me all kind of diff. things.

I use ambush/backstab so I need to have a dagger in main hand. Is it better to have a sword than a dagger in the off hand? Swords usually are slower but have higher dmg. If I use two daggers should I then have the high dmg (usually the slowest) in main hand? What seems to be the best combination?

Dagger rogue wants high damage in main hand for special attacks and fast one in off-hand to get as many poison procs as possible. Also worth mentioning that the slower the weapon, the greater attack power bonus it has. That's why Barman Shanker is one of the best "attainable" weapons a rogue can get.

Combat rogues want high max damage weapons (swords like Krol blade) because they reply on SS crits. Higher damage the weapon, the higher damage the crit.

Also, a lot of people go with swords simply because they are much more available and look cooler. =P

SaitoH

Alex said:
Haha, estimated time left in queue: less than a minute (has said that since the start)

Time spent in queue: 24 minutes. =(

Blizzard could make a killing by running a shady amusement park.

...Or repacking Battlegrounds as FFXI Dragoon LFG simulator.

I won't even bother trying battlegrounds for the first few days. Gonna be a madhouse.

^_~

Alex

World of Warcraft: Battlegrounds queue: sponsered by Gameboy Advance!

...Okay, I'm done, but I'm not gonna give up! Go queue!

Yeah, yeah, you're an addict, though. I think I'll probably play more than I did pre-sabbatical, what with battlegrounds now.

luvaboi/Aliventhia: Will do!

Alex

Stupid...very bad word...druids and their lameass moonfire, yes, spam everyone on the field so the three mages on your team cant poly shit.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Just finished my third Warsong Gulch battle. Overall, it was a lot of fun. We rolled the horde our first match winning 3-0, but then lost the second match 0-3. The second group had obviously been playing together on the test server or something (none of us had) as they had their strategy down pat. Plus they must have spent a fortune on potions based off of how many they used. Third game we lost 2-3. It would have been more fun if the entire battle didn't consist of us trying to find where the horde were hiding the flag. Once we play it some more and everyone gets the map learned it will be a lot more fun.

nataku

ManaByte

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Just finished my third Warsong Gulch battle. Overall, it was a lot of fun. We rolled the horde our first match winning 3-0, but then lost the second match 0-3. The second group had obviously been playing together on the test server or something (none of us had) as they had their strategy down pat. Plus they must have spent a fortune on potions based off of how many they used. Third game we lost 2-3. It would have been more fun if the entire battle didn't consist of us trying to find where the horde were hiding the flag. Once we play it some more and everyone gets the map learned it will be a lot more fun.

I was in a four hour long Warsong battle where no one scored. It was 10 alliance vs 7 horde and I just decided to leave because it was boring with no one scoring ever.

Alex

Man, I rock, but everyone else? Yeah, you all suck. Well, not you guys, but jeez. We did like an hour and a half long Battlegrounds, which consisted of me hanging onto the flag for 90% of the game while the rest of the twits run around in circles and PvP in the middle of the field.

I had to pick off every person they sent towards the base WITH the flag in tow, it was really just ridiculous. Although to be fair, after I lost the flag 'bout a half hour in and reclaimed it shortly after, I developed a small posse of decent players who seemed to dig following me around.

Alex

Two caps, two returns, 13 finishers. I'm doing pretty darn nice, I'm very surprised. I've never been good MMO PvP, even way back in the hardcore UO era.

BGs is soo addicting, man I need to level, but I dont wanna =(

Alex

Shaman are so fucking cheese. I'm really enjoying stomping over them in BGs

I used to dig Horde, but fuck you guys now, the opposing team has 9 Shamans out of 10 players. No joke

Alex

I've never had more than one Paladin on my team. We usually have none, Paladin population has drasticly decrased. Shamans were always crazily above Paladins as I've been saying since day one, all it took was a minor single ability tweak to rub it in to everyone else.

Horde sucks now. But thankfully their players on my server do too. I can shut down a Shaman by tossing up Frostward half the time, that say much? :p

Props to the old school Horde though for being the underdog, but your FOTM influx is piss annoying =/

9 Shamans and a *gasp* Undead Rogue. That was just lame. What was even lamer was when we took it up to 2/3 captures and they all started to just camp their base. Annoying.

Alex

I can deal with Rogues, and I expect Rogues. They're overpopulated in every game, but Shaman is just flavor of the month nonsense that has grown to a ridiculous degree.

Once the recent spree of buffs and changes started happening, and Shaman became hot debate and a target being a not only a cheesy class, but a cheesy hybrid class people just suddenly flocked to the "cool" Horde.

I dug Horde back in the past, but I wouldn't ever make one on my server now. It's just dumb, I'd rather play with the fruit elves.

I wouldn't have brought it up otherwise, but when 9/10ths of the opposing team is one class, something is wrong.

When I'm ready to do Horde again, I'll do Gilneas or something, just never go Skywall if you wanna do Horde

I dunno on gilneas Paladins make up almost the entire alliance population hahaha. Gilneas is a fucked up server sometimes but its home.

Gilneas Alliance is mostly paladins or hunters humans and NE, horde is a lot of mages/hunters mostly split between undead/trolls its weird.

Alex

Gilneas is a classic server =( It's what I get for not making up my mind, but I'm staying on Skywall now...for the most part. It's pretty fresh, so it works off of all the trends, haha. I think it's a lil over a month old. Man, there are so many sixties though, when I came in there were a lot too, and I came in when the server was 3 weeks old. Dunno how folks get sixty so fast.

Most of them dont do anything all day ;)

Me I just tinker along. Ive played since almost the beginning, phy is still just now nearing 49 and she was my first character.

7-0 so far in Warsong. It's so much much better than AV, which was an utter borefest on Test.

It's funny, we've rolled the alliance so many times. I think 5 of those wins are 3-0 shut outs. And then one time we barely managed a 3-2 win that took a bit more than an hour to close and we came back from a quick 0-2 lead.

Joe

is it me or does the blizzard downloader fucking suck ass. they're swimming in fucking money, get some dedicated servers for this shit.

ManaByte

Well, Alterac is unplayable for Horde on Feathermoon. Alliance outnumber Horde in the BG 10 to 1 and Horde cannot even exit the entry tunnel without being ganged up on and dead before they even see the battleground. I thought these things were supposed to balance the teams?

skip

Joe said:
is it me or does the blizzard downloader fucking suck ass. they're swimming in fucking money, get some dedicated servers for this shit.

I quickly gave up on that and d/led it from a dedicated file site. much, much faster.

and CTF is the best game concept EVAR.

explodet

Just got done with 5 CTF games with my L58 Troll Frost Mage. (PvE server)

Won 3, lost 2. Great team balance - no 9 shamans vs. 7 rogues, which was nice. The Hunter on our team consistently picked up the flag. Two games I picked up the most kills - although that means squat in the stats, as I didn't get many killing blows. Another game I nova'd and blizz'd to lay cover fire while the flag carrier ran for it. I got smeared, but we won 3-0.

During the wait in the queue, there were a TON of horde waiting outside Warsong, and yet 5 Alliance decide to deflag and lay siege. A quick charge put an end to that, though. Silly Alliance.

The rogue team in my game was brutal haha. An entire group of rogues. Lets just say our flag room wasnt too friendly.

Overall a pretty awesome experience since you have more time to identify opponents and form overall opinions about them. You see how they play and such.

I cant imagine the fights with groups larger than 10 being fun to be honest.

Alex

Yep, dead. And yes, Battlegrounds should only be 10 on 10, level and population autobalanced.

Same shit as Warsong, but different maps and different goals would be my vote. Perhaps a siege mode, a king of the hill mode, ect. All kinds of crap they could do.

I did great, really , really surprised. My shining moments being killing three people at once with IAE, capping the flag all three times in one match, and scoring 2.5x the ammount of finishing blows above anyone else one match.

I'm offcially retiring MMO PvP after WoW, so I can honestly say I did pretty swell at it...UO and DAoC...well, those just didn't happen, I don't know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom