• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
VAIL said:
Finally, after doing H CoS a bunch of times and either not making it in time or losing the roll...
http://i30.tinypic.com/2mq27hy.jpg[/IMG
I was so giddy I just flew around aimless for about an hour on it.[/QUOTE]
I got one of these my first time there, which was also the first place I went when I hit 80. I was so happy flying around, even though they are pretty common.

VAIL

NameGenerated said:
I got one of these my first time there, which was also the first place I went when I hit 80. I was so happy flying around, even though they are pretty common.

I was losing rolls to people that didn't even have the flying to use it, and it also got ninja looted on me once, so as common as it is, still nice to finally have it.

My main gripe atm is WG, I have gotten d/c'ed 4times now during a win and not getting marks because the place lags to hell. What's the point of trying to win if they can't keep it stable enough not to disconnect me?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
VAIL said:
I was losing rolls to people that didn't even have the flying to use it, and it also got ninja looted on me once, so as common as it is, still nice to finally have it.

My main gripe atm is WG, I have gotten d/c'ed 4times now during a win and not getting marks because the place lags to hell. What's the point of trying to win if they can't keep it stable enough not to disconnect me?

get your rank and then be somewhere else besides the keep when the game ends.

If you want marks bad enough.

NameGenerated

VAIL said:

I always dc in WG when I'm in a siege vehicles cannon. It's fun to wreak havoc but I alway get disconnected then it throws me to the graveyard.

firex

That bronze drake is a pretty cool mount. I got it on my paladin not long before getting 50 mounts and then red proto drake, so I don't even use it. And then I got it again in H-CoS on my shaman but he's an engineer, so I prefer my turbo flying machine anyway.

The Grand Black War Mammoth dropped for our 10 man grp yesterday. I rolled a 100 :D

Up to 88 Mounts and counting. I still have access to enough mounts to push me to 98, just need gold and time. The last two are gonna have to be rare mounts :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
And to think that my Kodo and Brewfest Ram are good enough for me. If I ever feel the need to geek out as a Shaman I jump onto the Frostwolf.

Won

I'm totally in love with the white skeletal warhorse at the moment. Sexy!
Next up is the Sunreaver Dragonhawk. Saves me the trouble to get the 100 mount achievements. :D

NameGenerated

You guys are nuts. I have like 8 mounts. I assume you bought every vendor one out there?

I didn't even know there were even near 100 different ones, at least per faction.

firex

After this patch, I think I only spent maybe 200g or 400g or something (which is like, 4 days of tournament dailies at most) to buy all the old faction land mounts I didn't have. Those + 2 paladin mounts + all the flying mounts is like 48 or so mounts.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I want to get some entry lvl raiding gear ASAP without having to run Naxx or wait to build rep, so I figured I'd have something smithed (i kinda have gold bursting from my pockets since I'm doing mining+herb). I'm specced combat and I'd kinda like to go daggers to get the most out of Fan of Knives, but I'm looking at the best smithed daggers and the best smithed maces, and not only are the daggers less powerful, but they're way less fast. What gives, I'd figure daggers would more often be the faster weapon. Is there any reason to go with the daggers really? Especially when I plan to enchant the maces with critical strike points.

Dagger - http://www.wowwiki.com/Titansteel_Shanker

Mace - http://www.wowwiki.com/Titansteel_Bonecrusher

Kyoufu

As combat spec, you should only offhand a fast dagger, so for entry level raiding, get a librarian's paper cutter from the AH.

For main hands, you want a fist, sword, mace or axe. I personally chose Fist. You can get an epic one from CoS heroic or OS10.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Kyoufu said:
As combat spec, you should only offhand a fast dagger, so for entry level raiding, get a librarian's paper cutter from the AH.

For main hands, you want a fist, sword, mace or axe. I personally chose Fist. You can get an epic one from CoS heroic or OS10.
Okay. But why do I want to use librarian's paper cutter when the mace I linked has more speed, which people say is important for offhand. I mean is there something inherently better about a dagger weapon specifically that isn't reflected in the stats? The way I see it the mace has high damage plus high speed (compared to the LPC dagger at least), so it seems like the best of both worlds, i.e. perfect for both hands.

You want a slow weapon in your main hand because it'll hit for more every time it swings. Several of your combat main rotation abilities scale their damage off your main hand weapon. You want the fastest weapon you can for off hand for faster poison application (Deadly or Crippling or whatnot). Combat daggers isn't the best use for daggers at this point, try Assassination if you want to use daggers effectively. Combat is best for weapon types with slow and fast weapon types, just line them up so you can get specializations (fist/dagger, sword/axe, mace) slow main - fast off.

Cipherr

sykoex said:
Okay. But why do I want to use librarian's paper cutter when the mace I linked has more speed, which people say is important for offhand. I mean is there something inherently better about a dagger weapon specifically that isn't reflected in the stats? The way I see it the mace has high damage plus high speed (compared to the LPC dagger at least), so it seems like the best of both worlds, i.e. perfect for both hands.

He is talking about for your offhand, afaik (I dont play a rogue) the paper cutter is apparently one of the fastest blue level 80 offhands. And I believe rogues want faster offhands for more procs. The mace you linked is to slow for an offhand and appears to be mainhand only.

Kyoufu

sykoex said:

I think you're confused. Speed of 2.50 is slower than 1.30

LPC is the best OH you can get until Webbed Death in Naxx.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Kyoufu said:
I think you're confused. Speed of 2.50 is slower than 1.30

LPC is the best OH you can get until Webbed Death in Naxx.
You're kidding me right? I went all the way from 1 through 80 thinking higher speed ratings meant faster. Holy crap.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
sykoex said:
You're kidding me right? I went all the way from 1 through 80 thinking higher speed ratings meant faster. Holy crap.

It's measured in seconds... but I guess you know that now...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
sykoex said:
The speed rating refers to the length of time in seconds it takes to swing the weapon. 1.3 means you will swing once every 1.3 seconds, 2.5 means you would swing once every 2.5 seconds.

Virtually all weapons of the same quality and item level will have the same damage per (1) second. However, because a 2.6 speed weapon only swings once every 2.6 seconds, the average damage range is higher, i.e. a 2.6 weapon at ilvl 219 will have a damage range of 297 - 552 Damage, while a 1.5 speed weapon at 219 will have a damage range of 171 - 318 Damage. They equal out to the same damage per second because the faster weapon swings more.

The reason you want a weapon of 2.6 for certain specs is because certain moves are calculated based on average weapon damage. (The difference isn't quite as dramatic as it sounds because a lot of attacks are normalized to a certain speed, although it still makes quite a bit of difference.) You generally want fast attacks for specs that gain something from making a lot of attacks; i.e. skills that proc off of critical strikes, or poison application, etc.

zam

Angry Grimace said:
The reason you want a weapon of 2.6 for certain specs is because certain moves are calculated based on average weapon damage. (The difference isn't quite as dramatic as it sounds because a lot of attacks are normalized to a certain speed, although it still makes quite a bit of difference.) You generally want fast attacks for specs that gain something from making a lot of attacks; i.e. skills that proc off of critical strikes, or poison application, etc.
Especially for combat rogues, your sinister strike (the attack you are spamming all the time) is an instant mainhand attack, so slower weapon means higher sinister strike damage. Fast offhand isn't for poison procs anymore since they changed the poison proc mechanic (as combat you want Wound on MH and Deadly on OH, unless you specced poisons), having a fast OH is for combat potency procs, which procs off your off-hand attacks.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
We had a really nice 10-man raid last night. We tried to get 2 guildruns for ToC10 but tanks failed to show up so we formed one group for ToGC10 and managed to kill Anub'Arak with only 3 wipes scoring tons of nice loot. After that we did the 10-man doing some achievements like "Resilience Will Fix It" (made the fight far more alive) and "Three-Sixty Pain Spike" (which ended up with us standing and waiting for the 2nd portal to spawn with all dps picking their belly buttons) and Anub getting ganked before his first burrow phase.

We went to Ulduar after that one-shotting every hardmode there was up until 3/4 keepers and realizing how fun that place is when everyone knows tactics. Freya was esspecially fun since we did her in both the speed-run and 3 keepers up with 2 healers, without anyone dying. Really shows what you can do if you have a focused raid. Awesome. Friday is Yogg+0. :)

ToddG15

Warrior tier question – I currently have the helm and chest t8 pieces from conquest emblems. I’ve got 38 emblems of triumph (now raiding 10 and 25 toc every week, plus the daily heroic) and was planning to replace my shoulders (currently leather from h toc). I was going to buy the tier 9 shoulders (the one that doesn’t require a trophy), but a friend said I should just buy the non-tier shoulders with the triumph emblems instead, since on a purely stat basis, they are better. I’ll prolly not be running ulduar with this toon (sick of that place from my main), so the only tier/set bonus opportunities I’ll have will be from vault and triumph emblems. Knowing that, is he right and I should get the non-tier shoulders with the emblems of triumph or get the tier and be working towards getting the 2 set bonus from tier 9?

kinoki

ToddG15 said:
Warrior tier question – I currently have the helm and chest t8 pieces from conquest emblems. I’ve got 38 emblems of triumph (now raiding 10 and 25 toc every week, plus the daily heroic) and was planning to replace my shoulders (currently leather from h toc). I was going to buy the tier 9 shoulders (the one that doesn’t require a trophy), but a friend said I should just buy the non-tier shoulders with the triumph emblems instead, since on a purely stat basis, they are better. I’ll prolly not be running ulduar with this toon (sick of that place from my main), so the only tier/set bonus opportunities I’ll have will be from vault and triumph emblems. Knowing that, is he right and I should get the non-tier shoulders with the emblems of triumph or get the tier and be working towards getting the 2 set bonus from tier 9?

It's all about the tier-bonuses. But I've lost touch with the warrior-sets of late so I can't really tell if they're worth it but I'm guessing they are and given that I'd prolly end up going for set-pieces.

kinoki said:

Lucky bastard :( No one seems to run 10man anything on my server (argent dawn EU) when I transfered from a diff one awhile back I was amazed at PuG 25 naxx/OS (When OS was the "hardest") now ive come back nobody does anything but VoA and as ive never led a raid OR been to ToC10man im stuffed!

1up

I'm up to 96 mounts, I just got the twilight drake from Sarth 3D 25 on Monday. I'll be getting my Violet Proto Drake on the weekend too! :D Achievement should have been called "What a long strange stressful trip it's been"

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I did Sarth 3D 10-man last night. That final battle with the waves of flame was really cool. Sadly I didn't win any loot rolls. I would have loved the 22-slot bag that dropped off the final boss.

1up

sykoex said:
I did Sarth 3D 10-man last night. That final battle with the waves of flame was really cool. Sadly I didn't win any loot rolls. I would have loved the 22-slot bag that dropped off the final boss.

That bag drops every run. Just keep running it / pug 25 and you will get it in no time. All of my friends got it after a month or so.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
sykoex said:

You can get the 22 slot bag even if you don't do Sarth with 3 drakes up. Its super easy with no drakes.

sykoex said:

You just hit 80 and did Sarth 3D? Well done.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
funkmastergeneral said:
You just hit 80 and did Sarth 3D? Well done.
Yeah we ended up doing it even though me and a couple other guys only had about 1k-1.5k DPS. Once we got to the guy that opens the portals, the raid leader had to call in a guildie with 4k+ DPS for us to continue.

Evlar

Banned
sykoex said:
Yeah we ended up doing it even though me and a couple other guys only had about 1k-1.5k DPS. Once we got to the guy that opens the portals, the raid leader had to call in a guildie with 4k+ DPS for us to continue.
You killed the drakes before engaging Sarth? That's Sarth +0D. Sarth +3D would mean engaging Sarth and all the drakes at the same time.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Evlar said:
You killed the drakes before engaging Sarth? That's Sarth +0D. Sarth +3D would mean engaging Sarth and all the drakes at the same time.
Oh okay, cause I was thinking it really didn't seem that difficult.

J-Rzez

Weenerz said:
Easiest way for 3D now is just to get 8 dps with 5k+ and zerg him. Nice way to get a stupid drake.

We were bored and zerg'd it the other night. Everyone was 5k, with myself and a couple others hitting 6k+. It was actually kinda fun/intense LOL.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Oh man.

Got an email earlier today from "wowadminaccount@blizzard.com" asking me to verify my account because I've been suspiciously caught trying to sell my account. A likely story.

So it asks me to list every known detail about my account and reply to them.

Are scammers really this stupid?

Greetings!
It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account e-mail
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer
-Or-
WoW CD-Key
Show * Please enter the correct information
If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
Blizzard Entertainment Inc
Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Regards,
Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment

Geez I thought me and Blizzard were on a name basis since every email they've ever sent me included my first name at the top.

Cipherr

speedpop said:
Oh man.

Got an email earlier today from "wowadminaccount@blizzard.com" asking me to verify my account because I've been suspiciously caught trying to sell my account. A likely story.

So it asks me to list every known detail about my account and reply to them.

Are scammers really this stupid?

Geez I thought me and Blizzard were on a name basis since every email they've ever sent me included my first name at the top.

Its not that that bugs me.

How the fack do they get your e-mail address? Ive only registered to one website WoW related and that is Wowhead. Either they are farming out signees email addresses or Blizzard is.

Did ToC25 normal last night, not sure if I should be worried or not that I walked in there only reading the tactics off WoWwiki and coming top in dps on northrend beasts and 2nd on the demon dude.
Twin valkires (sp?) was confusing as fuck at first but, lowest we got was 20% because some people didn't swap auras etc -_-

oh and the pvp fight was awesome, its a nice change of pace from standing there hitting the rotation to running about chucking frost /freezing traps down, scatter shot/wyvern stinging mobs etc

I kind of got scammed in AV when somebody "reported me as AFK" so I had to enter the command:

/AFK cancel

...and you can imagine what happened after that :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yasser said:
i got a whisper from "Blizzpromo" while playing today saying that i have been chosen to win reins of the spectral tiger, gave me a code and said to go to http://www.tcg-battle.net.ms and enter it. is this legit at all or just a creative scam?

I sure hope you didn't even visit that website, or else your account might already be in danger. Keyloggers are hungry, and a simple visit to a website can be enough to get one.

You should scan your computer to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom