• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
rhfb said:
I've stopped trying. Not worth the time it takes to fly over there, buy the egg, and then let it sit on one of my alts waiting to crack since I switched my main :lol
I quit trying to get the green protodrake and I still play on my main. After months and months of trying, I got sick and tired of running into people who were like, "yeah, i got it on my first/second egg." I call bullshit rofl.

I really want a 310% speed flying mount anyway. I screwed up my seasonal achievements and missed children's week. So unless my guild can all of a sudden do all the hardmodes in ulduar 10, I'll be riding the 280% speed mounts for the rest of my wow days. I'm not banking on the ony mount dropping and me actually winning it. That would be too awesome.

border

Angry Grimace said:
It's no longer that long because it was considered physically hazardous, considering some guild had to quit it's attempts due to members vomiting from staring at the screen so long
I like that it took vomiting players to make them realize that an 18-hour boss encounter was a bad idea :lol So how long is the fight now?

Kyoufu

border said:
I like that it took vomiting players to make them realize that an 18-hour boss encounter was a bad idea :lol So how long is the fight now?

Weird, it took my linkshell 4 hours to down it. No vomit!

Lain

Finally got my violet proto. It's even more beautiful than I thought it'd be.
Now I can quit the game happy until cataclysm, probably.

So, I just bought the Battlechest, and I wanted to play using timecards, but it seems that I can't even create an account without filling in a timecard code first. Can't buy a timecard untill next week :( Can I use the guest pass I've gotten to atleast be able to play this weekend, and after that use a timecard and change my account into a non-guest account?

Or should I sign up with one of my parents creditcards (don't have one of my own), and just cancel the credit card subscription manually during the first free month and change my payment method to timecards after that?

Edit: Never mind, I'll just wait untill monday :p I'll just finish as much homework as I possibly can tomorrow, so I can have some playtime on monday.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kyoufu said:
Weird, it took my linkshell 4 hours to down it. No vomit!
I don't think it was 18 hours for particularly long due to people getting mad and them changing it. That or someone had a really bad strategy.

GasProblem said:
So, I just bought the Battlechest, and I wanted to play using timecards, but it seems that I can't even create an account without filling in a timecard code first. Can't buy a timecard untill next week :( Can I use the guest pass I've gotten to atleast be able to play this weekend, and after that use a timecard and change my account into a non-guest account?

Or should I sign up with one of my parents creditcards (don't have one of my own), and just cancel the credit card subscription manually during the first free month and change my payment method to timecards after that?

Edit: Never mind, I'll just wait untill monday :p I'll just finish as much homework as I possibly can tomorrow, so I can have some playtime on monday.

You can buy a time card from Blizzard.com and the code is just displayed on the confirmation screen. The add CC facility has been broken since Friday and I had to change my credit card, so I just discovered this today.

http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000004

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Door2Dawn said:
Man I really sucks being a Death Knight. It so hard trying to find a raiding guild that will have a Death Knight slot open.

That's probably because there's so many death knights around. I just rolled on myself for a bit of fun, i will probably do some pugs here and there but i doubt i will try and raid with it. I would have a higher chance of getting a raid spot on my priest, which i quit raiding on a few weeks back.

I'm lvl 76 on my DK at the moment and it's still a bit of fun. Started messing around with av honor, seems like it's about ~100k xp for 20ish minute win depending on how good or bad your group is. Clearly a loss is less but not that much.

I like the idea of using av as a leveling place, i don't think it's the fastest way to level but it can certainly break up the boredom of questing.

Tamanon

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Man I really sucks being a Death Knight. It so hard trying to find a raiding guild that will have a Death Knight slot open.

Learn to tank. It opens up the options a lot if you're a good tank, even if you're a Death Knight.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Door2Dawn said:
It was a massive mistake in terms of userbase balance to start them at 55. It probably was a great business decision, though.

FLEABttn

Banned
Door2Dawn said:

Get some friends and start your own guild. I'm a DPS and the only DK ever in the raid.

Cipherr

Door2Dawn said:

Already been said, but your going to have to start putting together a tank set and not just be DPS Deathknight number 2989348793847 looking for a raiding guild. There is just no incentive for a guild to be looking for yet another one unless your flexible. I know the guild I was in recruited all DK's from within. Meaning when we started raiding Naxx25 at WoTLK release and clear through Ulduar we never recruited a single DK. It was much easier to just let the 3 or 4 people who decided to make that class their new mains raid on them rather than sifting through 50 application of:

"im alrdy doin lke 2000 dps and im not fail, plus ur gonna be needn dk class for eoe sparks, plz considr me for ur guild...

-signed Neocrimsonknight"

Fuck that.

Yasser

been doing the brd boss everyday since the start of brewfest and still no kodo :( seen the ram drop twice, and have ended up with all the trinkets he can drop through greed rolls =/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Argh. Why does the 70 bracket of AV .. SUCK ASS. It's full of idiots :lol

So at the moment im 78 on my DK and switching between AV and questing. Most of the time i'll enter av, see how it's going, if its shit, bail out and keep on questin. If it's going good i will stick it out.

But 90% of the av matches so far have been pure utter shit. I'm alliance so that probably isn't a surprise, but i remember the 80 bracket having no issues at all.

aryies

Neo Member
man, my lock is pretty decently geared now, and im loving it way more than my spriest, but gg every guild i join seems to be full of idiots who are somewhat well progressed, but full of RAGE at any tiny thing that goes wrong. wtb a guild that just focuses on 25 normal modes, because half these tards going for TotGC are obviously not competent enough but they fail to realise this, even after wiping night after night on NR beasts :<

Weenerz

Banned
2 changes, melee can't hit her in phase 2, and during phase 2 guardians (not whelps) spawn, so the melee have something to do. Well 3 changes, Deep Breath isn't deadly, hits for like 12k total.

speedpop said:
Nah I just never cared enough to bother. Pretty sure my main has around 2.5K in gold but it's like I'm in no race to get there.

same, ive played since 2004 and dont have epic flying. (only 2 chars also, 60 priest from pre bc days I havent touched in years, and my main 76 lock...)

have all the Collectors Edition pets tho!

hell im still 76 almost 1 year from lich king launch and I was 70 and got it at midnight launch, yeah you could say im pretty done with WoW atm....

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I was at 65 a week before Wrath came out. Took me that week to get to 68 so I could enter Northrend with everyone else :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
NameGenerated said:
How fast is leveling with heirlooms? I really want to have an 80 Warrior to tank but leveling is sooo tedious.

That's why AV exists, unless you really hate battlegrounds then you're screwed :lol

Heirlooms make a small difference. I'm currently only using the chest and getting 22.8k (i think its about that) for each major quest turn in. It's only an extra 2 - 3k xp but it ads up as time goes on.

aryies said:
man, my lock is pretty decently geared now, and im loving it way more than my spriest, but gg every guild i join seems to be full of idiots who are somewhat well progressed, but full of RAGE at any tiny thing that goes wrong. wtb a guild that just focuses on 25 normal modes, because half these tards going for TotGC are obviously not competent enough but they fail to realise this, even after wiping night after night on NR beasts :<

Cut them some slack, they're done with Normal modes, as is most everyone else.

Duki

Banned
NameGenerated said:
How fast is leveling with heirlooms? I really want to have an 80 Warrior to tank but leveling is sooo tedious.

This might blow your mind, but with one heirloom item you're going 10% faster and with two you're going 20%.

Pretty crazy, I know.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
You don't have to be an asshole about it.

I haven't leveled a char from 1 in like 3 years. I was just wondering if Blizzard made it quicker or anything.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Since you haven't played for 3 years, you probably don't know, but you can't even use heirloom gear unless you already have a lvl 80 with the required number of emblems of heroism or champion seals to purchase them.

NameGenerated said:
You don't have to be an asshole about it.

I haven't leveled a char from 1 in like 3 years. I was just wondering if Blizzard made it quicker or anything.

Yeah it's much quicker. There are more quests to be done from 1 - 30, the experience is better for them too. Once you get from 30 - 70 the amount of XP required for each level has been dropped considerably, in addition to there being extra quests, and better questing XP.

Don't underestimate how much of a difference getting a mount at level 20 (then an epic mount at 40) makes either. Although from the sounds of things you won't be able to do it with heirloom gear (unless you bought/were given an account with an existing 80 on it), it's still absurdly fast compared with classic.

Have you considered recruit-a-friend? There have been a few successful RAF hookups in this very thread. Basically find someone who has an 80 and wants an alt, and you get huge advantages for grouping together when levelling. This is huge, because grouping with other people when levelling still puts you at a disadvantage without RAF.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Bisnic said:
Since you haven't played for 3 years, you probably don't know, but you can't even use heirloom gear unless you already have a lvl 80 with the required number of emblems of heroism or champion seals to purchase them.
No I have an 80, I just haven't made a new character in forever.

And thanks Jim-Jam, recruit-a-friend would be ideal.

mcrae

im planning on restarting in a couple of weeks. i have a 60 lock geared in half tier 2 from pre-BC, cant decide if i want to bring it to 80, or maybe roll a new class, probably a mage.

what is the need like for lock's/mages like at endgame? i was thinking of rolling a deathknight but apparantly no one wants them in raids anymore?

VaLiancY

mcrae said:
im planning on restarting in a couple of weeks. i have a 60 lock geared in half tier 2 from pre-BC, cant decide if i want to bring it to 80, or maybe roll a new class, probably a mage.

what is the need like for lock's/mages like at endgame? i was thinking of rolling a deathknight but apparantly no one wants them in raids anymore?

Bad Death Knights are within a pebble's throw. Endgame Locks and Mages are very beastly. I say stick with your Lock.

Duki

Banned
Ripclawe said:

Oh man, everything about the new Horde stuff sounds pretty awesome.

Especially about Garrosh and the Goblin town.

Horde needed to regain some spine, imo. Wrynn is a legitimate political threat and war makes more sense than anything tbh. Especially if they include the plot about resources becoming much more scarce due to the cataclysm.

Putting the war back in warcraft is a good move, getting bored of the whole cold war thematic.

What is the most convenient way of getting money? I have a lvl 80 skinner and miner (mining isn't maxed out yet) and I have a 68 Alchemist and herbalist.

What should I concentrate on for making money?

thatbox

Banned
aryies said:
That may be the case with the guilds you're in, but a lot of the tip top endgame has always been wiping night after night on the same encounter. This is less the case now than it used to be, especially because the hard modes are essentially the same mechanics-wise as the normal modes, but run-of-the-mill guilds do pay with internet blood, sweat and tears to progress. My guild just downed H NRB 25 this week after working on them (as well as a few Ulduar hard modes) since TotGC unlocked, which was a whole lot of wiping.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Question for anyone familiar with Priest healing. Is it okay to use Power Word: Shield on a tank or not?

WoWWiki seems to negate itself on the subject.

Although Power Word: Shield used to prevent or significantly halt rage generation of a rage-based tank, patch 3.0.2 made this a non-issue.

Be EXTREMELY careful of using your Power Word: Shield spell on tanks when running instances. Tankadins gain and maintain aggro from taking damage, and Warrior or Druid tanks gain rage when they are hit. Your PW:S spell will actually prevent this from happening and thus may cause the mobs to attack the next highest threat on their list. Most likely, this will be YOU.

Chris R

Xabora said:
Add walks in, kill add, continue with classic battle.

Oh and Deep breath is now interesting.
Still haven't managed to kill Ony in a pug :lol Not going to try to pug it anymore until they nerf her so 99% of pugs can down her. (Just look at the top killers list... Ony and her adds by a fucking MILE)

Acidote

I went last weekend to Onyxia 10 with my dk and downed her. I won the Keen Obsidian Edged Blade, and my brother won the priest helmet and the head.

Pretty much the same Onyxia we killed back in vanilla wow. In fact I find her easier, 25 is for sure the real thing to compare with the classic one anyways.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
sykoex said:
Question for anyone familiar with Priest healing. Is it okay to use Power Word: Shield on a tank or not?

WoWWiki seems to negate itself on the subject.

If you have a disc priest in your raid and your holy, don't use it at all. If your the only disc priest in the raid then you should be using it all the freaking time.

Retro

Bored as shit, needed an outlet, WoW was the first thing to drift into my crosshairs.

Original: http://mapwow.com/?lng3=68.02734375&lat3=46.40756396630067&zoom=6

11radf5.jpg

Disclaimer: This is not official, obviously. Please don't go running to wherever it is people run screaming "I saw me sum leaked WoW mapz on the GAFBox!", because obviously it's not that high quality.

That said, the idea here is, the splinter faction of the Forsaken (the ones who invaded Undercity) are attempting to gain a foothold near Undercity to attack again, and it happens to be an abandoned High Elf Port. To the east is a Ghostlands-like marshland, to the west a huge sloping glade with boulders everywhere. To the south is a mountain where players with flying mounts can check out the mountain lake, and south of that is a big, steep pine ravine... and all of that nestled between Ghostlands and WPL.

... I need to find something better to do when I get bored. :lol

As a fun fact, the area labeled "Lighthouse" is actually an Elven Lighthouse in game if you bother to swim over to it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
sykoex said:
What if I'm the only priest and I'm Holy? Can I use it on every sort of tank?

Sure. But PWS isn't all that useful as holy so you probably wont want to use it at all. If you have points in body and soul for the speed boost, it can be nice to help people get out of fire if they happen to be slow.

Ghostcrawler via MMOChamp said:
We have a change for Vanish in place for 3.3. You will get to try it out soon (tm). As promised, if it proves a significant buff to rogues, we may have to compensate elsewhere. Just because it hasn't worked as intended doesn't mean it will be balanced when it does.

:eek:. This is intriguing. Honestly I thought Blizz would just leave it be. As long as it's not the 1 sec immunity that's been proposed for god knows how long, I'll be happy with this change.

This also means that 3.3 PTR is soon (tm). God, Blizz are really hauling out these patches.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Orbitcube said:
:eek:. This is intriguing. Honestly I thought Blizz would just leave it be. As long as it's not the 1 sec immunity that's been proposed for god knows how long, I'll be happy with this change.

This also means that 3.3 PTR is soon (tm). God, Blizz are really hauling out these patches.

Well, with Cataclysm coming next year, Icecrown Citadel has to be interesting for more than a few weeks. They have to release it months before Cataclysm is released. :lol

I heard from Blues that the new Icecrown 5 man and raid are going to be pretty epic instances. :D Sure is going to be more interesting than a damn coliseum.

yacobod

Banned
downed faction champs in 25m togc last night, did a few attempts on twins afterwards, looks like its going to be a bit of a cockblock, none of our attempts were anywhere close to being considered good

TomServo

Macattk15 said:
I want to smash my head into a sword due to Twin Valks 25 Heroic.

We got Heroic 25 Faction Champs down last night, and Twin Valks is insane. We were trying the strat from Tankspot, but the raid damage was killing too many of the ranged, letting the wrong colored orbs into the melee group.

We've been extended our Ulduar lockouts to do hardmodes when we're out of attempts on ToGC. Hardmode Thorim has to be the most underrated encounter in Ulduar, love that fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom