• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
got death's choice last night on my hunter, my gear score is over 2800 now on this toon

we also got tribute to insanity 10m done last night, no cloak of serrated blades tho :(, hopefully one drops next week

yacobod said:
got death's choice last night on my hunter, my gear score is over 2800 now on this toon

we also got tribute to insanity 10m done last night, no cloak of serrated blades tho :(, hopefully one drops next week

That trinket is sooo good, I just wish there was another good one to pick up from ToC. The badge trinkets are pretty underwhelming

yacobod

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
That trinket is sooo good, I just wish there was another good one to pick up from ToC. The badge trinkets are pretty underwhelming

ya have to use old standby greatness, which is still really solid, i guess i can try to grab a runestone or something idk

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Woohoo.

Only the Third or Fourth Guild on the server to get this bad boy.

Apparently a Guild has done Algalon 25 man but they haven't got their Iron-Bound yet, how do you even get the harder achievements without getting the easy ones? They only need Crazy Cat Lady to get it.

Xabora

yacobod said:

Grats on the Death's Choice... I want one so bad atm. :(

And grats again on the TiI 10m :D

Tamanon said:
I think Muradin will end up dying in Icecrown, possibly to help purify Arthas.

The only trouble is that the instance has to play out the same for both factions otherwise it can't be canon. That doesn't preclude either champion dying really, but for it to work I think they would have to finish the faction fight with a "Wait, why are we fighting each other?" moment so that Muradin could help Horde raids too.

Wrekt

Number 2 said:
Alliance only questline talks about this.
It kills me how much Alliance only lore there is in Northrend. Here is a perfect example. Alliance gets a NPC that gives a back story on every single boss in an entire dungeon. I've done every quest in Northrend as Horde and pretty much the first time you hear about Naxx is when you open the LFG window at 80.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Wrekt said:
It kills me how much Alliance only lore there is in Northrend. Here is a perfect example. Alliance gets a NPC that gives a back story on every single boss in an entire dungeon. I've done every quest in Northrend as Horde and pretty much the first time you hear about Naxx is when you open the LFG window at 80.

Yeah. As i said earlier, Northrend is alliances game pretty much. The first bunch of quests in Howling Fjord have more relevant lore than all of hordes quests in wotlk. Some of the horde quests are cool.. like the stuff with the Taunka in Storm Peaks and the time paradox thing. Thats one quest chain however that has no larger ramifications or ties to an instance. The only lore that horde gets is the neutral faction lore like Wyrmrest and Ebon Blade.

This isnt really a complaint, just an observation. Outland was very similar but skewed towards horde.

mileS

VaLiancY said:
My account got hacked but I was quick enough to switch the password. Some of my shit got vendor on three of my toons.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should be the first program to download and run a full scan. Free version is good enough just make sure to fully update it before you start the full scan. Make sure you change your pw again after that (obviously)

TomServo said:
The Ready Check was more about interviewing other raiding guilds to see how things worked for them than it was discussing the raid content itself. Most of the guilds they had on were deep into progression, beating things before they were nerfed, making their own strats instead of waiting for Tankspot or Bosskillers to give the color-by-numbers version.

Interesting insight into truly hardcore raiding guilds. One mentioned that new raid tiers had them raiding six nights a week, something like eight hours a night. I was like "fuck that", but then they mentioned having the content on farm within two weeks and spending the rest of the time between content patches with a single four-hour raid each week, clearing everything.

They also interviewed guilds they considered interesting. One of my old guildies was on there representing a successful "casual raiding" guild that's maintained solid, current progression since MC.

Our guild did that too, episodes 11 and 12. Thrill to the same exciting pep talks and intense dialogue of our raids such as "I touched my cousin’s boobie once” and many more! :lol

On a sad note, Alterac Mountains will no longer be our home. We were desperate for a new server after the lagfests of Bloodscalp's prime times, and we got that. The factor that defeated us here was that AM went from what the GM termed "a laid-back small town atmosphere" to one of those bad towns you hear whispered about with shuttered factories, meth labs, and crooked cops. That, and we couldnt recruit off-server for shit, and we'd gotten the cream of the crop from dead guilds on server (alot are amazed our alt&pug runs would go faster yet with more Vent silliness than their whip-cracking guild runs); game's changed, gotta have instant access huge recruitment pools and raid pugs 24/7. FASTFASTFASTGOGOGONOWNOWNOW is the name of the instant gratification game.

VaLiancY

mileS said:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should be the first program to download and run a full scan. Free version is good enough just make sure to fully update it before you start the full scan. Make sure you change your pw again after that (obviously)

Thanks, I changed my password five times so far. After this scan, I'll do it once more. I guess its time to break down and buy the authenticator.

3.3 patch notes were updated. Small stuff but this one makes made me lol. I thought the 4PC would have made Unholy and Frost more beastly.

Death Knight Tier-9 4-Piece Bonus: This set bonus no longer grants Frost Fever a chance to be a critical strike. It still grants that possibility to Blood Plague.

Fuck yeah! More unique models, Blizzard.

jaina-proudmoore.jpg

Xabora

For those still messing with Uldaur this macro will make your life easier as a Demo Gunner.

Code:
#showtooltip Grab Crate
/tar Liquid Pyrite
/cast Grab Crate
/cleartarget
Just spam this near the pyrite when you need some and keep firing in the air.

EDIT:
huge-dk.jpg

Death_Knight02.jpg

FINALLY!

Swag

jim-jam bongs said:
So it's trade chat in podcast form? D:

I started listening to an episode and it opened with the hosts talking to one of their parents about eating watermelon :lol . I decided to listen to old Bombcasts instead

border

Woohoo, more patch notes:

Warlock
Demonology

* Demonic Pact now also Increases your spell damage by 1/2/3/4/5%.
* Decimation now procs from Soul Fire as well.

Decimation procs on Soul Fire? So does that mean we will just constantly be spamming Soul Fire once a boss hits 35%?

Destruction

* Conflagrate now deal damage equal to 9 sec of your Immolate or 8 sec of your Shadowflame, and causes an additional damage equal to 3 sec of your Immolate or 2 sec of your Shadowflame over 3 sec.

Buff or nerf? I cannot do math.

explodet

border said:
Woohoo, more patch notes:

Warlock
Demonology

* Demonic Pact now also Increases your spell damage by 1/2/3/4/5%.
* Decimation now procs from Soul Fire as well.

Decimation procs on Soul Fire? So does that mean we will just constantly be spamming Soul Fire once a boss hits 35%?
I don't think so, Decimation will be used up once you cast it, but once it hits it'll proc again, so there's that small window between casting Soul Fire and it landing. Probably be a SB/SF rotation instead of SB/SB/SF - still a plus.

I've recently learned I suck at every other warlock spec except Meta/Ruin.
Plus other casters love me for being the CoE bitch and for my noobguard proc. Not the best build for Ony though, but I get by.

border

I'm 0/41/30, so I think the proper rotation would probably be Incinerate/Soulfire/Incinerate/Soulfire....I guess I hadn't accounted for the travel time on Soulfire :( Damn, for one brief second I was thinking I wouldn't have to keep Immolate up past 35%. :D I kinda wonder if it would be worth the hassle though, just to do SB/SF so I wouldn't have to burn a 1.5sec cast on Immolate every 9-10 seconds....but then I'm spec'ed mostly into Fire damage so probably not.

Tamanon

Banned
The rogue armor looks badass thus far. Learn to love the set bonuses folks, because this is all you get until Cataclysm!

And the resto druid set bonus says Wild Growth healing reduces by 0% over time. I wonder if that means each tick will be as powerful as the first one?

Jazzy Network said:
Nice Jaina. Why hasn't Thrall gotten a makeover yet though? He's probably the most important character on the horde side right now.
Really? She looks like a surly bar wench. Not how I pictured her tbh but it could just be that I'm accustomed to her current look.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've got a few days left of my game card, decided to roll an Alliance Druid. I did one years ago but quit at level 20 when I had just got Cat Form because leveling as a Druid was a complete joke. Many veteran Druids will state that the class only gets fun once you hit 40+ and I suppose that is true.

So far I have had the easiest time possible. Even the Relics of Awakening quest in Teldrassil was a cakewalk, compared to what it usually is - a bitchfest. The fixes that Blizzard have done (and implementing even further come 3.3) hit the nail right on the head.

thatbox

Banned
Who keeps sucking the druid tier set designer's cock and why has nobody been sucking the paladin tier set designer's cock since Naxxramas? EQUALITY IN TIER SETS NOW! EQUALITY IN TIER SETS NOW!

If the Rogue T10 doesn't have invisible shoulderpads Blizz should be ashamed. That would make the set so much more awesome and Geist-like. Also I can't have been the only one to think that the Geists look like Hunters from L4D? The whole hoodie pulled too tight thing is cool. And WotLK and L4D both came out around the same timeframe. Strange.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Shaman Tier 10 better look sweet. Tier 9 looks like fucking Earthfury (Tier 1) and has pants, which look terrible on male trolls.

Welllll

I logged on cause my guild's website was changed, and it looked like something was up.......

Turns out all the officers went to another guild

Looks like I stopped playing at the right time, I could see it was all downhill from mid-Summer

Now I might not bother donating all my l00tz before my account expires in a week

Anyone on Eredar want some gold? Send me a PM on here

speedpop

NameGenerated said:
Shaman Tier 10 better look sweet. Tier 9 looks like fucking Earthfury (Tier 1) and has pants, which look terrible on male trolls.
Heh. Outside of the silly helm, I always thought the Dungeon Set "Elements" was the best Shaman gear. The second best were always the Naxx sets.

Zaptruder

Banned
On a bit of a tangent, do you guys know or how much do you think the WoW cinematics cost to produce?

Given their high quality but overall short length... my guess is around $6-8 million a piece?

speedpop

I remember seeing a map of Blizzard's HQ and the setup for their CG department was massive. The amount of space it took up was insane. I imagine the costs to produce these things would be just as big.

Perhaps this is why Blizzard aren't really motivated enough to try and do a CG Warcraft movie.

Zaptruder

Banned
speedpop said:
I remember seeing a map of Blizzard's HQ and the setup for their CG department was massive. The amount of space it took up was insane. I imagine the costs to produce these things would be just as big.

Perhaps this is why Blizzard aren't really motivated enough to try and do a CG Warcraft movie.

In reality the Blizzard head honchos have probably justified such an oversized CG dept via siphoning marketing money to them. So maybe 6-8 million is probably quite off the mark.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Zaptruder said:
In reality the Blizzard head honchos have probably justified such an oversized CG dept via siphoning marketing money to them. So maybe 6-8 million is probably quite off the mark.

That sounds like a lot for a 3-4 minute cutscene, even if it is really high quality.

Zaptruder

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
That sounds like a lot for a 3-4 minute cutscene, even if it is really high quality.

With WotLK it's actually in all honesty gotten better than movie quality CG.

Even movies have their down times... WotLK is like the highlight reel of a pixar+ quality movie.

Definitely like the set bonuses for prot warrior. In terms of other 3.3 changes I like Cleave hitting 3 mobs now; so with the glyth it'll hit 4 I'm guessing/hoping

Macattk15

Tamanon said:
The rogue armor looks badass thus far. Learn to love the set bonuses folks, because this is all you get until Cataclysm!

Uh ... WHAT?

That rogue set is the most ridiculous and horrible looking set I have ever seen. Instead of glowing beacons on our shoulders, we now have a HUGE glowing one on our face??? With no eyeholes? Please explain the practicality of that blizzard. I think the set looks very dumb ... especially on non-thin or wiry characters. An orc Geist? WTF?

The set bonuses however are ridiculous.

Working on ToGC Anub .... pretty tough execution / dps needed. Much harder than Twin Valks.

Evlar

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Uh ... WHAT?

That rogue set is the most ridiculous and horrible looking set I have ever seen. Instead of glowing beacons on our shoulders, we now have a HUGE glowing one on our face??? With no eyeholes? Please explain the practicality of that blizzard. I think the set looks very dumb ... especially on non-thin or wiry characters. An orc Geist? WTF?

The set bonuses however are ridiculous.

Working on ToGC Anub .... pretty tough execution / dps needed. Much harder than Twin Valks.
Esc > Interface > Hide Helm

Macattk15

Evlar said:
Esc > Interface > Hide Helm

Ok but then the rest of the set just looks boring and plain. I need to see what kind of shoulders they put on it too ... maybe it won't make the helm stick out so damn much.

Ashodin

LAUGHTREY said:
Goddamnit if this Paladin Tier isn't on par with BC Paladin gear I'm gonna flip.
Agreed! Here's my favorite sets, from 1 to 9.

judgement2.png
justicar.png
lightbringer2.png
aegis.png

Tier 9 is OK, I hate the hat though (horde side). Tier 5 is ugly as sin (power ranger!), Tier 1 is BANANA SHOULDERS LOL, Tier 3 is just... WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN, and Tier 7 is Tier 3's uglier cousin.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Maxrpg said:
Agreed! Here's my favorite sets, from 1 to 9.

judgement2.png
justicar.png
lightbringer2.png
aegis.png

Tier 9 is OK, I hate the hat though (horde side). Tier 5 is ugly as sin (power ranger!), Tier 1 is BANANA SHOULDERS LOL, Tier 3 is just... WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN, and Tier 7 is Tier 3's uglier cousin.

It's like the Star Trek movies. The even ones are better than the odd ones. :)

Wrekt

I've got good news for Pallies waiting for their tier 10 set.

Good news if you like pink armor with dildos hanging off of it, that is.

yacobod

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Working on ToGC Anub .... pretty tough execution / dps needed.

how much different is the fight from the 10m heroic? or the 25 normal version

i hear phase 3 is a huge bitch, we are supposed to have attempts on sunday for it, not really looking forward to the 3 hour wipe night

Macattk15

yacobod said:
how much different is the fight from the 10m heroic? or the 25 normal version

i hear phase 3 is a huge bitch, we are supposed to have attempts on sunday for it, not really looking forward to the 3 hour wipe night

It's the same fight with the same limited ice ... but there are 4 adds every wave instead of 2. These adds constantly have to be killed throughout the fight and can't just be ignored in phase 3 cause they just keep spawning.

There is usually issues with the add tank being able to get all of them on him (we have 3 rogues tricksing him usually), stopping all 4 from casting shadow strike, making sure they don't burrow ... all along while trying not to die.

Anub Permafrosts like 5 people in phase 3 ... I think, it may be 6?

Obviously you have limited ice so you have to kite the spikes into "good" ice patches ... i think we end up shattering 4 ice patches by the time we get to phase 3. AoE dps need to be high, dps on anub needs to be high, healers have to be on top of their game for phase 3 (the other phases are boring and a joke apparently).

You'll see Sunday I guess! It's much harder than the 10 man version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom