• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
jim-jam bongs said:
This is more interesting? I dunno. During a period of continuous raid damage I'll usually be casting CoH then using the cooldown time to pop ERs up on people, potentially using the almost inevitable SoL insta-heal on someone in dire need. With that 4 piece I'd use the SoL for sure and sometimes it would mean another CoH right after. I was even happy at 10%, upping it to 20% just makes it all the more hot.

Then again, if they made it "Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells, and the global cooldown for those spells only." then I would certainly not be complaining :lol
Well, my thought is that a Surge of Light proc makes no difference because the GCD is the same length as the cast time of a FH in either case. It just doesn't make sense to FORCE you to cast a FH to gain the benefit, especially when CoH's CD is quite short anyways.

VaLiancY

Member
AceBandage said:
Haha! Finally finished all of Ulduar 10 man hard mode.
Now I have a Rusted Proto Drake.
:D

Grats. I kept failing at Yogg 1 last night and it was my first time on him. Everyone kept telling me I hit the clouds - the hitbox on that thing must be huge.

VaLiancY said:
Grats. I kept failing at Yogg 1 last night and it was my first time on him. Everyone kept telling me I hit the clouds - the hitbox on that thing must be huge.

Turn up the particle density and you can see it. And it also announces to the raid who hits the clouds.

VaLiancY

Member
AceBandage said:
Turn up the particle density and you can see it. And it also announces to the raid who hits the clouds.

I had DBM on and I didn't see any warning for the exception of a Faceless mob spawning.

Angry Grimace said:
Well, my thought is that a Surge of Light proc makes no difference because the GCD is the same length as the cast time of a FH in either case. It just doesn't make sense to FORCE you to cast a FH to gain the benefit, especially when CoH's CD is quite short anyways.

Depends on the build, but I only ever really cast FH when I'm raid healing if it's a free one from SoL, which is why I mentioned it. To be honest I really do think that the dependency on FH is there to add another "combo" to the healing rotation. And I like that; chaining abilities to yield particular bonuses and boost certain other abilities makes healing more interesting imo.

Why do they bother? :lol
Hello,

We’d really like your opinion on World of Warcraft but let’s be honest, who really wants to fill out a marketing survey? So here’s the deal: in exchange for taking a few minutes to fill out our brief survey we’ll give you a $5 gift certificate good for anything at Amazon.com. All we want is your honest opinion. We’re sorry your experience with World of Warcraft wasn’t better, but we would be happy to hear your thoughts about how we can improve our game.

To be eligible to participate in this survey, participants must be over the age of 13, and be residents of the United States or Canada. Note that residents of the states of North Dakota, Vermont, Connecticut, Maryland and the province of Quebec are not eligible. All applicable laws and regulations apply. Offer limited to the first 1,000 eligible participants who successfully complete the survey. Void where prohibited.

To get started with the survey, please click here:

http://survey.otxresearch.com/Surve...4516-a0ce-87257d1577d1&pid=GZjvwbAC3Bgzzzzz3d

For any questions related to this questionnaire please email blizsurvey@blizzard.com.

Sincerely,

Blizzard Entertainment Research

.

Bit odd how Blizzard dont know that im in the UK on a Euro server :lol I keep getting the one asking for all my details because of an account breach or whatever aswell.

Swag

Member
Now that my hunter is in outlands, I'm really enjoying the dps that it's pumping out.

Although my pet is having some trouble keeping threat off me, thinking of going marksmanship cause BM is pretty boring. Anyone ever tried levelling / have any advice for levelling as non Beast Master through Outlands / Northrend.

J-Rzez

Member
Just saw some of the new T10 sets...

Wow T10 has looked terrible so far from the mined sets. In fact, the vast majority of armor looks terrible this xpac. Blizzard really needs some new/fresh blood in their art teams that's for sure, as their latest armor offerings have been laughable at best.

Swag

Member
J-Rzez said:
Wow T10 has looked terrible so far from the mined sets. In fact, the vast majority of armor looks terrible this xpac. Blizzard really needs some new/fresh blood in their art teams that's for sure, as their latest armor offerings have been laughable at best.

I agree with this 100%, as a person that likes my character looking good this expansion has been horrible on tier sets
With the exception of the Priest T8, Mage T7 and Sham T8 <3

Magnus

Member
Why isn't FH more in your rotations as holy raiding priests? I guess I overuse it a bit. What are you guys doing between CoH casts, PrOM and then renew spamming? :D

thatbox

Banned
Magnus said:
Why isn't FH more in your rotations as holy raiding priests? I guess I overuse it a bit. What are you guys doing between CoH casts, PrOM and then renew spamming? :D
Yes. Most of the Flash Heals I cast have a 0% crit chance anyway, thanks to Surge of Light.

J-Rzez said:
Just saw some of the new T10 sets...

Wow T10 has looked terrible so far from the mined sets. In fact, the vast majority of armor looks terrible this xpac. Blizzard really needs some new/fresh blood in their art teams that's for sure, as their latest armor offerings have been laughable at best.
Maybe they need to work on that dance studio

So I have a few Titansteel Bars I've made. Should I continue to make them and sell them in bulk or would it be more profitable to sell them one at a time?

Xabora

Junior Member
Yasser said:
i thought you were going to post the AV one where people seem to be wearing nothing but their underwear despite having gear equipped
Thats the most annoying visual bug when character data isn't passed as you zone in. :lol

Magnus said:
Why isn't FH more in your rotations as holy raiding priests? I guess I overuse it a bit. What are you guys doing between CoH casts, PrOM and then renew spamming? :D

Unless I have a SoL proc that's exactly what I do between CoH. Empowered Renew is godly.

J-Rzez

Member
Angry Grimace said:
Maybe they need to work on that dance studio

As much as I want that, they really really need to focus their attention into these armor and weapon models. They're laughable at best.

VaLiancY

Member
T10 isn't that bad, it's starting to feel like T9 all over again with the hyperbolic complaints. All of the tier models shown are pretty good and follow in with the theme of their class. My only complaint is the Hunter T10's shoulder which share a similar silhouette with the T7 and the texture could be have been similar to the Neurbian cryptlords it follows.

I still hate you druids, you'll be in shapeshift form most of the time.:lol

1up

Member
VaLiancY said:
T10 isn't that bad, it's starting to feel like T9 all over again with the hyperbolic complaints. All of the tier models shown are pretty good and follow in with the theme of their class. My only complaint is the Hunter T10's shoulder which share a similar silhouette with the T7 and the texture could be have been similar to the Neurbian cryptlords it follows.

I still hate you druids, you'll be in shapeshift form most of the time.:lol

I've been taking a break from wow due to burn out and figured the Hunter Tier 10 would bring me back in. No dice. Hunter tier 10 looks terrible.

Evlar

Banned
I honestly like the look of T10 (though I haven't seen the Priest set yet...) I think it carries a solid theme and looks like you would expect loot from Icecrown Citadel to look.

Speaking of the Priest set, the latest update to the healing 2 piece bonus sounds fantastic, I hope it stays just like that. The 4 piece, on the other hand, seems a little unwieldy, at least for Discipline.

Yasser

Member
I've decided to work on my netherwing rep. Sure everyone did it ages ago but once I have the mount they'll be none the wiser!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So everyone is now forced to merge their WoW accounts with a bnet one, you get a penguin if you do though.

Anyone annoyed by this?

Xabora

Junior Member
Yay! Flying carpet!
11sdtgl.png

sestrugen

Member
I guess its better to ask in this thread, how would an Nvidia GTS250 512mb fare against WoW? will an ATI 4850 512mb work better?, I am just a little bit concerned with the incompatibility issues I've read about with ATI cards. I am considering getting back into the game but not really looking to spend a lot of money will a C2D be enough for WoW. I used to play WoW back in Vanilla and my ATI 9800pro and P4 3.0 worked like a charm back then but Im pretty sure it would not work for the xpacs.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
J.M.Reyes said:
I guess its better to ask in this thread, how would an Nvidia GTS250 512mb fare against WoW? will an ATI 4850 512mb work better?, I am just a little bit concerned with the incompatibility issues I've read about with ATI cards. I am considering getting back into the game but not really looking to spend a lot of money will a C2D be enough for WoW. I used to play WoW back in Vanilla and my ATI 9800pro and P4 3.0 worked like a charm back then but Im pretty sure it would not work for the xpacs.

I'm currently on a C2D and a 4850 512mb. I play WoW at 1920x1200 and have no issues at all.

The GTS250 might be fine. If you have that card already you can easily just load up WoW, tweak with the settings and see how she goes. If it's terrible performance then look at an upgrade.

sestrugen

Member
evlcookie said:
I'm currently on a C2D and a 4850 512mb. I play WoW at 1920x1200 and have no issues at all.

The GTS250 might be fine. If you have that card already you can easily just load up WoW, tweak with the settings and see how she goes. If it's terrible performance then look at an upgrade.

Might I ask what C2D are you running? And I do not have any of those 2 cards I mentioned, Im just a bit concerned about any possible compatibility issues. Thanks for your response!

J.M.Reyes said:
I guess its better to ask in this thread, how would an Nvidia GTS250 512mb fare against WoW? will an ATI 4850 512mb work better?, I am just a little bit concerned with the incompatibility issues I've read about with ATI cards. I am considering getting back into the game but not really looking to spend a lot of money will a C2D be enough for WoW. I used to play WoW back in Vanilla and my ATI 9800pro and P4 3.0 worked like a charm back then but Im pretty sure it would not work for the xpacs.
Pretty much anything works on WoW so long as you aren't trying to play at 1920x1200.

J-Rzez said:
As much as I want that, they really really need to focus their attention into these armor and weapon models. They're laughable at best.

I really couldn't disagree more. But I don't really want to argue it with you. Just saying, don't expect everyone to agree with you like they did on T9.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
I think obviously the picture explains why!
They aren't even really that cool. They're okay, I guess. I have one on my Priest.

Xabora

Junior Member
Angry Grimace said:
I can't even fathom why you have Tailoring on your Death Knight.

Angry Grimace said:
They aren't even really that cool. They're okay, I guess. I have one on my Priest.
Blacksmithing [Gem Slots WOO!], Tailoring (Swordguard) [8 - 16 dps less than JC Only Gems] & Mounts

:lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
J.M.Reyes said:
Might I ask what C2D are you running? And I do not have any of those 2 cards I mentioned, Im just a bit concerned about any possible compatibility issues. Thanks for your response!

I have an E7200 that i overclocked.

I dont think there's any major concern for compatibility these days so you should be fine with whatever you pick.

J-Rzez

Member
Angry Grimace said:
I really couldn't disagree more. But I don't really want to argue it with you. Just saying, don't expect everyone to agree with you like they did on T9.

To each their own, but after looking around, my thoughts are echo'd with many of people. I mean, what happened to all the special effects on armors? The Rogue T8 was great for an example. The wings popping out of the old sweet set was awesome as well. Are they limiting the effects of stuff just to save on system performances, out of ideas, or just getting by with their a-teams focused on the xpac and other games. Who knows. WoW used to have some great effects and models. That's what aggravates me, as it doesn't even look like they're trying anymore.

Once again, just my opinion, others even here agreed, just like I'm sure there's others like yourself who feel differently. Just making conversation :p

Tamanon

Banned
evlcookie said:
So everyone is now forced to merge their WoW accounts with a bnet one, you get a penguin if you do though.

Anyone annoyed by this?

Considering that this is part of the process to unify friends lists and achievements, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Merging literally changed nothing for me.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea i have no problem with it either, I should do it right now :lol

But i know there's always alot of random conspiracy bitching about it when the merging idea first came out. Now that they are forcing you to do it, i guess there will be even more.

Xabora

Junior Member
evlcookie said:
Yea i have no problem with it either, I should do it right now :lol

But i know there's always alot of random conspiracy bitching about it when the merging idea first came out. Now that they are forcing you to do it, i guess there will be even more.
They said that they would force everyone to merge by a certain date last year.
During that time up until now it was optional. :p

VaLiancY

Member
1up said:
I've been taking a break from wow due to burn out and figured the Hunter Tier 10 would bring me back in. No dice. Hunter tier 10 looks terrible.

You won't come back because the Hunter T10 doesn't look good to you? =\ I don't know what to say about that. A different texture and a slight change to break the T7 silhouette might appeal to more but eh'.

Magnus said:
Why isn't FH more in your rotations as holy raiding priests? I guess I overuse it a bit. What are you guys doing between CoH casts, PrOM and then renew spamming? :D

One does not "rotate" as a PvE Hpriest, one juggles chainsaws.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Hey guys, first time today that I got my account hacked. I woke up 10 am this morning and found out that my password was changed. I did the password retrieval and talked to a GM about it. Keylogger took about 40k gold and left all 20 of my characters naked lol(jerk even used 200 emblems). I was gone all day and the keylogger changed my password again :/ I was wondering if anyone have any suggestions on whats the best program to use to check for keyloggers and wipe anything spyware off my computer

Probably have to reformat my computer to be safe

aryies

Neo Member
SteveO409 said:
Hey guys, first time today that I got my account hacked. I woke up 10 am this morning and found out that my password was changed. I did the password retrieval and talked to a GM about it. Keylogger took about 40k gold and left all 20 of my characters naked lol(jerk even used 200 emblems). I was gone all day and the keylogger changed my password again :/ I was wondering if anyone have any suggestions on whats the best program to use to check for keyloggers and wipe anything spyware off my computer

Probably have to reformat my computer to be safe

i know it might sound like bullshit, but i got hacked twice after fresh formats. only using one pc to play wow on too. authenticator=amazing.

FLEABttn

Banned
Getting keylogged is behavioral. That's a lot harder to fix than the $7 required for an authenticator, so buy one of those. It makes you 99.9% unhackable, with the .1% being, again, behavioral.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Doesn't the iphone authent do the same thing? Since i merged my bnet account i'm wondering if i should grab the iphone app and start using that.

Edit: It does and it works. Yays!

Belfast

Member
J-Rzez said:
To each their own, but after looking around, my thoughts are echo'd with many of people. I mean, what happened to all the special effects on armors? The Rogue T8 was great for an example. The wings popping out of the old sweet set was awesome as well. Are they limiting the effects of stuff just to save on system performances, out of ideas, or just getting by with their a-teams focused on the xpac and other games. Who knows. WoW used to have some great effects and models. That's what aggravates me, as it doesn't even look like they're trying anymore.

Once again, just my opinion, others even here agreed, just like I'm sure there's others like yourself who feel differently. Just making conversation :p

I don't entirely disagree (I like the effects, too), but your main complaint doesn't seem to jive with your general argument. I would think the general art style, modeling, and texture work would be far more important to the "look" of a piece of armor than a few gimmicky bells and whistles.

And if we're talking about all of those things, I think T10 is on the right track. T9 was way too focused on being "faction themed" rather than "class themed" for me. Everything we've seen so far appears to be very fitting.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Belfast said:
I don't entirely disagree (I like the effects, too), but your main complaint doesn't seem to jive with your general argument. I would think the general art style, modeling, and texture work would be far more important to the "look" of a piece of armor than a few gimmicky bells and whistles.

And if we're talking about all of those things, I think T10 is on the right track. T9 was way too focused on being "faction themed" rather than "class themed" for me. Everything we've seen so far appears to be very fitting.

The hunter armor looks like they strapped a dagger to the forehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom