• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah the armor options for Elemental Shaman are a joke. I was still running around in scrub Ele gear because I couldn't be arsed dealing with it, so I stuck to Resto.

Xabora

Sebulon3k said:
Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my gfx settings, I'm using this macro to improve them

/console overridefarclip 1
/console farclip 1600
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console groundeffectdensity 256
/console groundeffectdist 140
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
/console characterAmbient
/console extshadowquality 4
/console environmentDetail 2

But it looks horrible http://i36.tinypic.com/2di4jn9.jpg

I've been having some monitor troubles but I can't imagine it would go so far as to affect the settings in WoW
Overridefarclip was changed to farclipoverride in 3.1.

So

/console farclipoverride 1
/console farclip 1600
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console groundeffectdensity 256
/console groundeffectdist 140
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
/console characterAmbient
/console extshadowquality 4
/console environmentDetail 2

or

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13562-TweakWoW.html

Also, the reason is the zone. :p
Hellfire Pen looks better.

Chris R

thatbox said:
I am, and it completely locks up my MBP. I have to reset it using the power button.
You playing in fullscreen mode? I'm in windowed so I just have to make WoW force quit :| doesn't stop my computer from working though.

Thinking it is something wrong that 3.2 brought.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Depression-Dog-UP-Mount-drops-Roll-a-4.jpg

Dammit. :(

Kyoufu

:lol

I have ------NEVER----- seen the UP mount drop. Seriously what the fuck is up with that drop rate? I'm almost convinced it doesn't exist.

explodet said:
Gearing an enhancement shaman was no picnic for me - lots of the conq badge loot for mail has armor penetration on it, and my understanding is that armor pen is a really bad stat for shamans because a lot of our dps is spell-based and it would be better used as crit or haste. Not to mention hunters getting ticked off because you're rolling against them for drops.

Thanks to brewfest I'm two-fisting the Tankard of Terror which is an excellent weapon for melee shamans, my dps shot up after grabbing two of those. And I've been healing raids for badges which I can use for my dps spec.

Armor pen is not a bad stat per se, but we benefit less from it then hit/crit/attack power/haste. I have a couple pieces of gear with armor pen and it's not the worst thing.

TomServo

Got my DK up to level 68, and just realized that I don't have to wait until level 70 to pick up the Tome of Cold Weather Flying. Win.

Hearing about PUGs on Mal'ganis makes me want to cry. I leveled a priest to 80 because I wanted to have an alt to heal heroics with, but PUGs on Azshara are horrible. Almost every H ToC has someone in greens. If they're not in greens they're in full iLvl219 H ToC epics with every gem slot empty, no professions, zero enchants. Moonkin rolling against my priest for mp5 gear because "it's got crit on it". People standing in poison clouds wondering why my priest isn't cleansing. FFS it's horrible.

I'm going to "finish" my priest by getting another piece of t9 and a couple of other upgrades and then retire him. Sad.

TomServo said:
Got my DK up to level 68, and just realized that I don't have to wait until level 70 to pick up the Tome of Cold Weather Flying. Win.

Hearing about PUGs on Mal'ganis makes me want to cry. I leveled a priest to 80 because I wanted to have an alt to heal heroics with, but PUGs on Azshara are horrible. Almost every H ToC has someone in greens. If they're not in greens they're in full iLvl219 H ToC epics with every gem slot empty, no professions, zero enchants. Moonkin rolling against my priest for mp5 gear because "it's got crit on it". People standing in poison clouds wondering why my priest isn't cleansing. FFS it's horrible.

I'm going to "finish" my priest by getting another piece of t9 and a couple of other upgrades and then retire him. Sad.

My server Borean Tundra is just as bad. I don't think the top guild on our server could outperform a pug from Argent Dawn, my original wow home.

Probably gonna transfer soon.

yacobod

Banned
TomServo said:

just bite the bullet and xfer to a high pop server man

on my server horde side ppl pug pretty much everything in game successfully, naxx, os, eoe, ulduar 10/25, voas, ony 10/25, toc 10/25, toc 10m heroic

u can find toc 10/25 pugs pretty much every night, some vary in quality obviously

heroic dungeon grps are funning 24/7, and most grps are geared out so the runs are retarded easy

TomServo

yacobod said:
just bite the bullet and xfer to a high pop server man

I've thought about it, just have a RL friend that I raid with and he likes low pop. He's a rogue that loves to gank people, you'd think he'd have a field day on a high pop PvP server, go figure.

Guild has also calmed down a lot lately. We had some key threatening to /gquit, think the guild leadership realized the negativity needed to be toned down. It's funny now, on progression fights (currently heroic Twins, 20% or so) we'll have long periods of silence in raid chat / Vent, and you know there's some shit going down in the officer channel.

Also had some total assclowns faction transfer, join up, and ragequit after one night of progression wiping. That kind of solidified the guild core a bit, especially when one transfer was very public about his ragequitting (posting chat logs, vent convos, etc on the realm forums - total backfire though, got him blacklisted, he'll be transferring off the server soon).

So the servers and forums are both down right now, I assume it's until the usual time?

On a side note, has anyone ever heard of the game forcing 16-bit color mode before? It's a bit odd but not quite annoying enough for me to put any effort into fixing it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yasser said:
someone's not looking forward to farming them for triumph badges
In so few words, fuck that shit.

The only time they are anything other than flat out faceroll easy and time-sinky is when the tank, healer and other 2 DPS are bad, but they are still do-able in that case if I do enough DPS on my own. That is still not fun.

Yasser

Angry Grimace said:
In so few words, fuck that shit.

The only time they are anything other than flat out faceroll easy and time-sinky is when the tank, healer and other 2 DPS are bad, but they are still do-able in that case if I do enough DPS on my own. That is still not fun.
well i only resubbed about a month ago, and then levelled mostly in AV. the only instance i've done is ToC and so i'm not burnt out the way a lot of people are

Tamanon

Banned
I had to deal with the joys of the only Paladin tank in existence that consecrates once a fight and then doesn't chase after the adds he hasn't built aggro on in Heroic Violet Hold. We were piecing it together because our healer was great, but it got way too annoying there since he was also a skinner and so was about 10 seconds late to get to the next portal and the DPS just kinda had to hang back and do nothing. First time I've ever actually seen the prison integrity drop:/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
I had to deal with the joys of the only Paladin tank in existence that consecrates once a fight and then doesn't chase after the adds he hasn't built aggro on in Heroic Violet Hold. We were piecing it together because our healer was great, but it got way too annoying there since he was also a skinner and so was about 10 seconds late to get to the next portal and the DPS just kinda had to hang back and do nothing. First time I've ever actually seen the prison integrity drop:/
What happens if it goes to 0? Just auto-fail? :lol

If I have a tank that misses mobs, I usually just hit them with a Death Coil and make them run over to me. If he doesn't notice by then and I end up dying, taunt him mercilessly. :D

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
If he doesn't notice by then and I end up dying, taunt him mercilessly. :D

Watched this happen today when I ran UK, was hilarious watching the tank rage about the warrior in my party :lol

Angry Grimace

Well, to be fair, Unholy DK puts out a serious amount of AoE DPS, which can make it pretty hard for Warriors to pick up everyone. Generally, I just do it anyways because there's only two things that usually happen; a) all the mobs die because it's a heroic, or b) it's a raid and the Tank is good enough to keep track.

It's worth it to go faster.

Thanks for the Shaman info GAF. I've never really played one very far, and mechanically they are quite unique. Makes me feel rather sorry for ele shammies actually, I've known about their itemisation problems for a while but I hadn't really considered how bad their raid-buff scaling is. Seems like a class that will benefit considerably when intellect = spellpower.

Tamanon said:

Ugh, that sucks. I healed a pally in there the other day who was a good tank but just didn't seem to know the fights. Everyone but a hunter and I died on the kiting boss because he didn't kite him, saying that he wanted to try his luck.

Honestly I think the bigger problem there and lately is that I keep grouping with guild dps and pugging a tank. Trouble with that is that it means the dps is geared and the tank is often a fresh 80. It's not the tank's fault, but a fresh 80 is going to struggle to hold things when the rogue is pulling 6k dps on the quiet pulls. I've used guardian spirit on more hunters and rogues recently than I'd care to admit.

thatbox

Banned
rhfb said:
You playing in fullscreen mode? I'm in windowed so I just have to make WoW force quit :| doesn't stop my computer from working though.

Thinking it is something wrong that 3.2 brought.
It happens in both fullscreen and windowed, and the whole computer locks up. I can still hear Vent, but no buttons do anything. I have to restart by holding down the power button. Never happened until 3.2.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PatzCU said:
My favorite part of this set are the asymmetrical shoulders. Very cool.
It's meant to look like the Lich Kings, and his are like that. Skull on one side spikes on the other.

I'm captain obvious

Tamanon

Banned
New PTR patch, lots of changes to shadow priests and HUUUUUGE Frost mage change:D

Glyph of Eternal Water - Your Water Elemental is now permanent, but can no longer cast freeze.

PatzCU

Tamanon said:
New PTR patch, lots of changes to shadow priests and HUUUUUGE Frost mage change:D

Glyph of Eternal Water - Your Water Elemental is now permanent, but can no longer cast freeze.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat.

I love how many different play styles the Mage class has. All three trees are DPS, but it really does feel like 3 different classes.

Angry Grimace

Hmmm...boss listing for Icecrown Citadel Raid:

Lord Marrowgar
The Deathbringer
Lady Deathwhisper
*Gunship Battle*
*The Rescue of Valithiria Dreamwalker*
Sindragosa
Festergut
Rotface
Professor Putricide
The Council of the Blood Princes
Queen Lana'thel
The Lich King

Shadow Priest gets straight buffs across the board :lol

Angry Grimace

Shadow Priest changes are pretty much the most straight up buffs w/o nerfs I've seen Blizzard try in a long time :lol

Shadow:
Priest

* Improved Devouring Plague: This spell now deals 10/20/30% of its total periodic effect instantly, up from 5/10/15%.
* Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.
* Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Mind Flay now Increases the damage done by your Mind Flay spell by 10% when your target is afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain.
* Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain changed to - The periodic damage ticks of your Shadow Word: Pain spell restore 1% of your base mana.
* Glyph of Shadow now increase your spell power by 30% of your spirit for 10 sec. (Up from 10%)

It doesn't sound like a lot, but most Shadow Priests are carrying a reasonable amount of haste anyways to fit the correct amount of Mind Flays while casting MB on CD, and usually running three dots at once.

Angry Grimace

Other changes (of which many were already known):

Warlock: Soulstone CD and duration of buff reduced to 15 min.
Druid: Rebirth - Cooldown lowered to 10 min.
All party members may now mark Raid Targets.

Nameplates will no longer "fight" to sort themselves, but instead overlap. Don't know how good that is, given it's hard enough to try and target certain mobs in huge groups. However, the range at which nameplates appear has been greatly expanded.

Death Knights:

Unholy

* Scourge Strike has been revamped - An unholy strike that deals 50% of weapon damage as Physical damage plus 400 (Shows as 40000 in the tooltip but I'll assume it's a typo). In addition, for each of your diseases on your target, you deal an additional 25% of the Physical damage done as Shadow damage.
* Unholy Blight now deals 10% of the damage done by Death Coil over 10 sec. (Down from 20%)

:-\

The "idea" is to bring Unholy's rotation back to being identical to Blood and Frost's. Which sucks. I like Unholy's rotation. It feels different than Blood does; if I'm just spamming SS x infinite, it's just going to feel like playing the other two specs.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
Other changes (of which many were already known):

Warlock: Soulstone CD and duration of buff reduced to 15 min.
Druid: Rebirth - Cooldown lowered to 10 min.
All party members may now mark Raid Targets.

Nameplates will no longer "fight" to sort themselves, but instead overlap. Don't know how good that is, given it's hard enough to try and target certain mobs in huge groups. However, the range at which nameplates appear has been greatly expanded.

Death Knights:

Unholy

* Scourge Strike has been revamped - An unholy strike that deals 50% of weapon damage as Physical damage plus 400 (Shows as 40000 in the tooltip but I'll assume it's a typo). In addition, for each of your diseases on your target, you deal an additional 25% of the Physical damage done as Shadow damage.
* Unholy Blight now deals 10% of the damage done by Death Coil over 10 sec. (Down from 20%)

:-\

The "idea" is to bring Unholy's rotation back to being identical to Blood and Frost's. Which sucks. I like Unholy's rotation. It feels different than Blood does; if I'm just spamming SS x infinite, it's just going to feel like playing the other two specs.
Its an effort to kill off shadowfrost 10 second unholy spam specs, rather than the accepted 20 second based specs.

Oh and:

# Item - Death Knight T10 DPS Relic (Obliterate, Scourge Strike, Death Strike) - Your Obliterate, Scourge Strike, and Death Strike abilities grants 73 Strength for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
# Item - Death Knight T10 Tank Relic (Runestrike) - Your Rune Strike ability grants 44 dodge rating for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

HOT!

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Its an effort to kill off shadowfrost 10 second unholy spam specs, rather than the accepted 20 second based specs.
I was unaware anyone in Unholy was doing 20 second specs any more. Scourge Strike on live sucks too much to be doing 20 sec. rotations.

Normal rotation is IT PS SS BS BS DC (HoW) DC in Improved Unholy Presence (unless you have 200+ haste)

Repeat until dead. If the changes go live, you're talking 30 sec. rotations comprised mostly of SSx∞

border

It'd be nice if you could designate someone to mark stuff without promoting them to leader or assistant, but letting everyone mark anything just seems ridiculous.

Angry Grimace

I guess I just think that 10 sec. rotations are more fun and much less complex than the ridiculous intended 30 sec. one.

It will be 30 because if you aren't refreshing your diseases EVERY rune cycle, you probably have to take all the disease timer maxing talents + SS glyph (which gives you 9 more sec.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom