• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Angry Grimace said:
Shadow Priest changes are pretty much the most straight up buffs w/o nerfs I've seen Blizzard try in a long time :lol

Shadow:
Priest

* Improved Devouring Plague: This spell now deals 10/20/30% of its total periodic effect instantly, up from 5/10/15%.
* Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.
* Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Mind Flay now Increases the damage done by your Mind Flay spell by 10% when your target is afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain.
* Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain changed to - The periodic damage ticks of your Shadow Word: Pain spell restore 1% of your base mana.
* Glyph of Shadow now increase your spell power by 30% of your spirit for 10 sec. (Up from 10%)

It doesn't sound like a lot, but most Shadow Priests are carrying a reasonable amount of haste anyways to fit the correct amount of Mind Flays while casting MB on CD, and usually running three dots at once.

randy.jpg

Finally, some much needed buffs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
johnsmith said:
Finally, some much needed buffs.
Gross.

But Vampiric Embrace as a self buff + Mind Sear is pretty blatantly overpowered. On Onyxia during a Whelp phase you'd be talking something like 2000 healing per second to the whole raid.

Sciz

* Item - Shaman T10 Elemental Relic (Shocks) - Your Earth Shock, Flame Shock, and Frost Shock spells grant 73 critical strike rating for 15 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.
Ugh, terrible. Especially in light of T10's 4pc bonus.

aryies

Neo Member
Angry Grimace said:
Gross.

But Vampiric Embrace as a self buff + Mind Sear is pretty blatantly overpowered. On Onyxia during a Whelp phase you'd be talking something like 2000 healing per second to the whole raid.

didnt you gamequit?

awesome spriest buffs. althought it had to happen when ive retired my priest and made my lock my main. i dont mind though, learning a new class endgame has been fun. especially with raiding with my spriest since the backend of vanilla. it was time for a new change. but ill always have a soft spot for spriests :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
aryies said:
didnt you gamequit?

awesome spriest buffs. althought it had to happen when ive retired my priest and made my lock my main. i dont mind though, learning a new class endgame has been fun. especially with raiding with my spriest since the backend of vanilla. it was time for a new change. but ill always have a soft spot for spriests :)
I came back. I said something about it a few pages back. Fiancee is too busy with school to do much these days, i.e. bored.

Tamanon said:
New PTR patch, lots of changes to shadow priests and HUUUUUGE Frost mage change:D

Glyph of Eternal Water - Your Water Elemental is now permanent, but can no longer cast freeze.

:O

I guess I'm going to have to get on my mage again -_-

border said:
It'd be nice if you could designate someone to mark stuff without promoting them to leader or assistant, but letting everyone mark anything just seems ridiculous.

Agree, it's kind of a "cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer" style of fix rather than just making assist work in a party.

Angry Grimace

border said:
Do mages get their own pet bar for elementals, or does it just do whatever it wants like a DK's ghoul?
DK ghouls have their own pet bar.

Angry Grimace

Number 2 said:
i think they were referring to the temp ghoul.. the nameless one does whatever it wants.
But the Mage Elemental he was referring to is also permanent. If he was referring to the temporary ghoul it would be no different than the mage elemental and he wouldn't have asked the question :D

In other news, ran Trial of the Crusader for the first time since coming back last week and holy shit is that raid easy.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
But the Mage Elemental he was referring to is also permanent. If he was referring to the temporary ghoul it would be no different than the mage elemental and he wouldn't have asked the question :D

In other news, ran Trial of the Crusader for the first time since coming back last week and holy shit is that raid easy.
Rumor going around was that someone got fired over it. D:

Tamanon

Banned
I hope that Icecrown raids will just pound people's heads in after the loot pinatas of the last few patches, kinda like Sunwell did at first.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
I hope that Icecrown raids will just pound people's heads in after the loot pinatas of the last few patches, kinda like Sunwell did at first.
To be fair, Ulduar didn't get easy until everyone had run it to death.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh I know, that's why I was only talking about Onyxia and ToC:lol

Either way, I'm sure Icecrown will be a total cockpunch, since it's most likely the last raid before Cataclysm, except possibly adding more bosses to ToC/VoA

Kyoufu

Angry Grimace said:
To be fair, Ulduar didn't get easy until everyone had run it to death.

Ulduar was insanely tough at first. Some hardmodes are still no cakewalk even with the latest gear today.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Tamanon said:
Oh I know, that's why I was only talking about Onyxia and ToC:lol

Either way, I'm sure Icecrown Hard Modes will be a total cockpunch, since it's most likely the last raid before Cataclysm, except possibly adding more bosses to ToC/VoA

Fixed.

ToC isn't that easy, only one guild on my entire server is past the first boss on HM.

Angry Grimace

The non-hard mode of the Twin Val'kyr is so grossly undertuned I don't get it. We one shot it easily and no one even told me or the other 3 people that hadn't done it what we were supposed to do other than click the black orb when the black chick used her vortex thing.

border

Number 2 said:
i think they were referring to the temp ghoul.. the nameless one does whatever it wants.
When do Death Knights get a permanent ghoul? The only one I can summon now just lasts for a minute....and as I mentioned it doesn't have its own pet bar. Since the mage elemental only lasts for 45 seconds I was thinking it might not have its own control system either.

Tamanon

Banned
border said:
When do Death Knights get a permanent ghoul? The only one I can summon now just lasts for a minute....and as I mentioned it doesn't have its own pet bar. Since the mage elemental only lasts for 45 seconds I was thinking it might not have its own control system either.

Unholy talent, makes the ghoul permanent and controllable.

Weenerz

Banned
border said:

Its a talent in the Unholy tree.

Swag

Ugh Had to send my monitor in to get repaired, setting me back 2 weeks. Was hoping to be geared to at least try Icecrown out when it releases

Yeah right :lol

border

Sebulon3k said:
Ugh Had to send my monitor in to get repaired, setting me back 2 weeks. Was hoping to be geared to at least try Icecrown out when it releases

Yeah right :lol

It's not exactly the most honest thing, but you can always buy a monitor from Best Buy and return it within their 14-day exchange period. Just be extra-careful to save the receipt and get it back to the store before your time is up.

Angry Grimace

border said:
Master of Ghouls; requires 25 pts. in Unholy + 2 pts. in Night of the Dead.

It's the signature talent of Unholy Death Knights. They are controllable, but they are not active pets really; all you really have to do is let them attack shit and resurrect them if they die, which is infrequently. Sometimes, i.e. Lord Jaraxxus, they will die and you can't seem to resurrect them without them coming out of your friend's corpse that just died to Legion Flames and then it dies again :lol

It's a huge gimp to Unholy's DPS when the pet dies though. You do not get to name your Zombie, so don't ask :lol. You will get Rotbrain and Skullslobber and other such randomly generated comical zombie names.

Downed Anub Heroic 10 last night.
My DPS spec is quickly becoming better than my healing set, simply because healing gear never drops.
Especially trinkets. So lame.

TomServo

PatzCU said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat.

I love how many different play styles the Mage class has. All three trees are DPS, but it really does feel like 3 different classes.

It's pretty impressive to me that they've pulled this off, as well as giving warlocks three unique playstyles, and none of them seem to overlap in overall feel. Six dps caster trees, all relatively unique.

AceBandage said:
My DPS spec is quickly becoming better than my healing set, simply because healing gear never drops.

Don't get me started on trinkets. At least they're starting to itemize dps caster trinkets seperately from healing trinkets.

Still using two iLvl200 trinkets, with the rest of my gear at iLvl232-258. Oh noes my Gearscore!

I did lose Reign of the Dead (245) to a guildie w/ Eye of the Broodmother and Scale of Fates last night. GG, I'll remember that the next time you want to put me on CoE / CoW duty and remind me that "raid DPS > your DPS". QQ

Evlar

Banned
Combing through the PTR notes...
Taunt Diminishing Returns: We've revised the system for diminishing returns on Taunt so that creatures do not become immune to Taunt until after 5 Taunts have landed. The duration of the Taunt effect will be reduced by 35% instead of 50% for each taunt landed. In addition, most creatures in the world will not be affected by Taunt diminishing returns at all. Creatures will only have Taunt diminishing returns if they have been specifically flagged for that behavior based on the design of a given encounter.
This one has the possibility of changing group dynamics extensively. Tank's bread-and-butter ability is now FAR more functional and forgiving, meaning the tank should be much more capable of recovering from bad pulls, crowd control can devolve back to the classes that were originally designed for it, trash mobs in general become less dangerous... this will certainly have an impact, assuming people are willing to get out of the rut group dynamics are stuck in.
Battleground Experience: Battleground experience gained is now based on the level of the player gaining experience, rather than the highest possible player level in that Battleground.
Finally nerfing AV experience I see. Well, fun while it lasted I guess.
Symbol "@" added as a synonym for "target=". For example: "/cast [@focus] Flash Heal".
Any reduction in the number of characters used in macro grammar is a welcome change, particularly when the grammar is used as frequently as "target=".
Weekly raid quests are now available from Archmage Lan'dalock in Dalaran. Every Tuesday at 3 AM the Council of Six will choose a different strategic target that must die from either: The Obsidian Sanctum, Naxxramas, The Eye of Eternity, Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, or Icecrown Citadel.
This should be helpful for motivating pug and guild association raids, particularly on lower-pop servers. It's going to be a little strange transitioning from a week dominated with "LF3M for Ulduar" in trade to weeks when everyone finishes OS within an hour of logging on. You have to wonder what rewards they'll offer for such a thing.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Evlar said:
This should be helpful for motivating pug and guild association raids, particularly on lower-pop servers. It's going to be a little strange transitioning from a week dominated with "LF3M for Ulduar" in trade to weeks when everyone finishes OS within an hour of logging on. You have to wonder what rewards they'll offer for such a thing.

Nah, I think the furthest boss into a raid is XT Decon to do this and the first bosses in Naxx or maly/sarth, after that the raid will fall apart.

They reward you with 10 of the new badges. 4 less than if you do the daily heroic every day. I haven't seen if they're updating that to give the 3.3 badges yet as well.

Evlar

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
Nah, I think the furthest boss into a raid is XT Decon to do this and the first bosses in Naxx or maly/sarth, after that the raid will fall apart.

They reward you with 10 of the new badges. 4 less than if you do the daily heroic every day. I haven't seen if they're updating that to give the 3.3 badges yet as well.
OK, that makes sense.

AceBandage said:

We got heroic anub 10 down finally this week too. And yet we can't even get passed Gormok in 25 heroic :( Our raid team tends to degenerate pretty quickly once we get 25 people together.

Angry Grimace

Evlar said:
10 Badges of Frost, last I looked.

TomServo

Angry Grimace said:
10 Badges of Frost, last I looked.

Assuming they keep the god-awful "badges+token" system for tier gear, I'd imagine most guilds will go faceroll the old raid boss at the start of the week's raiding schedule.

Even for PUGs, there will be no reason to finish those runs w/ full t9 and iLvl245 gear available from heroic farming.

Angry Grimace

TomServo said:
Assuming they keep the god-awful "badges+token" system for tier gear, I'd imagine most guilds will go faceroll the old raid boss at the start of the week's raiding schedule.

Even for PUGs, there will be no reason to finish those runs w/ full t9 and iLvl245 gear available from heroic farming.
I doubt it, ;probably back to "Arm of the Lost Vanquisher," etc.

TomServo

Angry Grimace said:
I doubt it, ;probably back to "Arm of the Lost Vanquisher," etc.

If they keep the badge requirements as high as are now, that'd be a good thing IMO.

Considering I could buy two pieces of t8.5 for 58 badges each (and no token), spending DKP on a trophies and a total of 315 badges for t9.5 is crazy.

The generic tokens are also killing our physical DPS classes. We've always gotten a lot of physical DPS drops, so those guys are typically at the bottom of the pile for EPGP. Every one of our casters and healers are rocking 2-4 pieces of t9.5 by now since we're high on priority for trophies (because other caster loot rarely drops), most of our physical dps is swimming in triumph badges and iLvl245 / 258 gear minus their tier pieces.

Casters are all running heroics and pugging Ony and VoA to get every badge we can get our hands on to use our trophies, physical dps is buying crusader orbs with badges and selling them because they don't want to use the emblems for welfare t9.

EDIT: Any idea if t10 is back to eight pieces in the set, similar to 5p t4 & t5, 8p t6?

Angry Grimace

TomServo said:
If they keep the badge requirements as high as are now, that'd be a good thing IMO.

Considering I could buy two pieces of t8.5 for 58 badges each (and no token), spending DKP on a trophies and a total of 315 badges for t9.5 is crazy.

The generic tokens are also killing our physical DPS classes. We've always gotten a lot of physical DPS drops, so those guys are typically at the bottom of the pile for EPGP. Every one of our casters and healers are rocking 2-4 pieces of t9.5 by now since we're high on priority for trophies (because other caster loot rarely drops), most of our physical dps is swimming in triumph badges and iLvl245 / 258 gear minus their tier pieces.

Casters are all running heroics and pugging Ony and VoA to get every badge we can get our hands on to use our trophies, physical dps is buying crusader orbs with badges and selling them because they don't want to use the emblems for welfare t9.

EDIT: Any idea if t10 is back to eight pieces in the set, similar to 5p t4 & t5, 8p t6?
Well I suspect the reason they couldn't do the regular system on ToC is because it's so incredibly short.

I doubt they would go back to eight pieces after having stuck with 5 for the whole expansion, though.

mclem

TomServo said:

Remember that T6 wasn't *intended* to be an 8pc set, it was only five pieces in Black Temple / Hyjal - but then it turned out that Sunwell was necessary and they hacked in a further three pieces to fill out the set.

TomServo

mclem said:
Remember that T6 wasn't *intended* to be an 8pc set, it was only five pieces in Black Temple / Hyjal - but then it turned out that Sunwell was necessary and they hacked in a further three pieces to fill out the set.

Didn't know that, sat out BC. Sold my 60 resto shaman at the start of Naxx40, hit level 68 with my current main the day WotLK went live.

I've been looking at random threads about t9 and the token + badge system, seems like no one's happy. 10m guilds are really unhappy, which I don't understand. 10m heroic mode is easy, and the iLvl245 gear that drops from that is so much better itemized than the iLvl245 gear from easy mode 25man. Most guilds on my server are killing 10m heroic bosses but can't down beasts on 25m heroic.

yacobod

Banned
TomServo said:
Most guilds on my server are killing 10m heroic bosses but can't down beasts on 25m heroic.

ya the 10m heroic is way easier than 25m heroic, and really 25m heroic ain't that bad until twins

guilds that have problems with 25m beasts must have bad healing and overall low raid dps, i cant imagine tanking being the issue because at this point the tanks should be more than geared up for the encounter

and its not like the mechanics of the fight change that much from n-h

Angry Grimace

I would like to reiterate that it's BS that Alliance has to have a) those ridiculous plate sets, and b) the ridiculous Alliance TotC sets.

I picked up Reckoning in a 10 man to replace my lol-Edge of Ruin and it looks like some kind of shiny fairy sword, especially when you put Fallen Crusader on it.

TomServo

yacobod said:
ya the 10m heroic is way easier than 25m heroic, and really 25m heroic ain't that bad until twins

guilds that have problems with 25m beasts must have bad healing and overall low raid dps, i cant imagine tanking being the issue because at this point the tanks should be more than geared up for the encounter

and its not like the mechanics of the fight change that much from n-h

We're on Twins in ToGC25. We typically one-shot Jarraxxus and Champs, Beasts can be sloppy. Healers have let the tanks die on the first few attempts in the past few weeks. DPS is usually on point since it's a little competitive on the meters through easy mode ToC25.

Angry Grimace said:
I would like to reiterate that it's BS that Alliance has to have a) those ridiculous plate sets, and b) the ridiculous Alliance TotC sets.

I picked up Reckoning in a 10 man to replace my lol-Edge of Ruin and it looks like some kind of shiny fairy sword, especially when you put Fallen Crusader on it.

This is why real men roll Horde?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Does TweakWoW permanently alter your video settings? I installed it and fooled around with it but it killed my frame rate so I deleted it without changing stuff back. It still seems like WoW is running worse now.

Swag

NameGenerated said:
Does TweakWoW permanently alter your video settings? I installed it and fooled around with it but it killed my frame rate so I deleted it without changing stuff back. It still seems like WoW is running worse now.

I believe it edits the config file so even if you uninstall it, it'll still have the settings you last input.

Swag

Yeah I put mine to about 500 cause I didn't want something ridiculous and I was wondering why Volley on my hunter looked like "Our arrows will block out the sun" from 300. I'm gonna try to keep it that way as long as possible, but I'm worried my raid performance will go down to 17 fps with all the AoE.

Effects look awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom