• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evlar

Banned
Tamanon said:
http://www.worldofraids.com/

Dungeon Dailies being switched to "Random dungeon" tool. Really weird, a bit tough to decipher exactly how it'll work, but we'll see when they roll out more info on the PTR.
Interesting... it looks like there's a "vote them off the island" function for random parties, meaning you can initialize a vote to remove a particular player and the other players will see a dialogue box that asks for a Yes or No vote.

... which implies changes to the structure of groups, at least those organized through the Random Group interface. If they're providing a new method to kick problem players, removing a need for /invite by automatically selecting from a queue, and allowing all players in a party to place Lucky Charms... are they eliminating Group Leaders for random groups? Will loot rules be voted on too? What if you want to do another dungeon after the first "random" one, and one member leaves? How do you invite a new guy?

Tamanon

Banned
If one guy leaves afterwards, they'll just pop you back in the queue and fill with a replacement. Man, there's going to be a helluva lot of 3 DPS groups in every queue.:lol

Xabora

Evlar said:
Interesting... it looks like there's a "vote them off the island" function for random parties, meaning you can initialize a vote to remove a particular player and the other players will see a dialogue box that asks for a Yes or No vote.

... which implies changes to the structure of groups, at least those organized through the Random Group interface. If they're providing a new method to kick problem players, removing a need for /invite by automatically selecting from a queue, and allowing all players in a party to place Lucky Charms... are they eliminating Group Leaders for random groups? Will loot rules be voted on too? What if you want to do another dungeon after the first "random" one, and one member leaves? How do you invite a new guy?
They have already added a function for a Roll to DE.
So yeah, it looks like quite alot of interesting changes in it.

Tamanon said:
If one guy leaves afterwards, they'll just pop you back in the queue and fill with a replacement. Man, there's going to be a helluva lot of 3 DPS groups in every queue.:lol
:lol
Maybe.

I quit ages ago but a mate of mine is looking to quit also but wants to get some cash out of it. On a pvp server, horde side, oceanic server

Warrior tier 9.5 both in tanking and dps
15k gold
has some rare achieves/7400 achieve points max jc/bs

That's the main guy
then an 80 shaman with some gear
70 priest in 70 epics
70 rogue in 70 epics
3 level 30ish or so in BOA gear

Then a smattering of other characters on other servers (I think a couple of 70s on alliance side also)

Are we able to talk about selling characters on this forum? If not, I'll delete this post ASAP. Anyone know what kind of money you'd get for an account like that? Where to sell? Anyone interested? He is looking to sell in time for icecrown, figures that's probably the best time.

Swag

Couldn't hold back and decided to use my tv as a monitor :D , got my new Interface going and lost my first AV match ever :[.

I've gotta say the extent to which one can customize the WoW interface makes the game seem so fresh whenever I hit a slow patch, re do the UI and it's almost like playing a new game :lol

teacupcopter said:
I quit ages ago but a mate of mine is looking to quit also but wants to get some cash out of it. On a pvp server, horde side, oceanic server

Warrior tier 9.5 both in tanking and dps
15k gold
has some rare achieves/7400 achieve points max jc/bs

That's the main guy
then an 80 shaman with some gear
70 priest in 70 epics
70 rogue in 70 epics
3 level 30ish or so in BOA gear

Then a smattering of other characters on other servers (I think a couple of 70s on alliance side also)

Are we able to talk about selling characters on this forum? If not, I'll delete this post ASAP. Anyone know what kind of money you'd get for an account like that? Where to sell? Anyone interested? He is looking to sell in time for icecrown, figures that's probably the best time.
I researched this a few days ago, looking to sell my account, and from what I can tell, Accounts.net, EpicMMO.com and ToonStorm.com seem like your best bets for an automated-ish service. There's some auction-like sites if you prefer that sort of thing, but I wouldn't know what ones are good there. If a website instantly gives you a price as soon as you submit your form, you know it's a scam, especially if it's in the hundreds. Warcraftloot.net does this, I got offered $326 USD for my 80 Rogue in t7.5/8.5, but in reality it was only worth about $100.
For your friend I'd be looking at about $250+ maybe?

Also, what realm is that Warrior on?

border

Wow, my Death Knight has completely blasted through Outlands in just a few afternoons and evenings. Between the heirloom items and the accelerated leveling, the whole continent is but a brief stopover on your journey to Northrend. Just did Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, and Nagrand and I'm already capable of moving over to Northrend content. Didn't even touch Terrokar! If I'd done it all with rested XP things would have been even faster, but I ran out of rest around 64 or 65.

So if I'm at 68, should I stick around in Outland for some fast easy questing? Or should I move on to Howling Fjord despite the fact that I'll be at a level disadvantage against most mobs? I'm leveling as Blood, and so far I've felt pretty invincible against everything but a few 60K HP Elites who I managed to beat after a few wipes (thanks to careful attention to diseases and rotation).

border

I gotta say I'm pretty exhausted after 5-6 days of straight leveling though. I just dropped the Tome of Cold Weather Flying in my Death Knight's mailbox :) I'll probably leave him alone for a week or two, so I can build up some solid rest and really hit the ground running in Northrend. As fast as I did 58-67, the climb from 67 to 68 was starting to get tedious just before I dinged....though maybe it's because I was running out of Nagrand quests to do (yet somehow I'm still like 20 quests short of the Achievement).

I usually make it a point never to play an alt without Rested XP, but I guess I was just too anxious to leave Outland :lol

Atrophis

I am doing Outland for the first time and im burning out a little too cause as cool as the place is, i just want to get to Northrend and experience the newest content.

Hit 67 last night after 4 1/2 hours of solid questing. Pity AV isnt giving the crazy XP as it used too as 52 - 60 was crazy fast.

Which is generally the quickest/eastiest zone to get to 68, Blades Edge or Netherstorm?

Hopefully my copy of WotLK turns up today so i can head out to Northrend for a quick look around.

Atrophis said:
I am doing Outland for the first time and im burning out a little too cause as cool as the place is, i just want to get to Northrend and experience the newest content.

Hit 67 last night after 4 1/2 hours of solid questing. Pity AV isnt giving the crazy XP as it used too as 52 - 60 was crazy fast.

Which is generally the quickest/eastiest zone to get to 68, Blades Edge or Netherstorm?

Hopefully my copy of WotLK turns up today so i can head out to Northrend for a quick look around.
In my opinion I would say Netherstorm. Objectively I would say Blade's Edge.

I absolutely fucking hate Blades Edge. It's a horrible zone and I want to never step foot in it ever again. Netherstorm, however, is fucking awesome. BEM may be faster for leveling but if you're like me (stupid thing to say but whatever), you'll hate it with a passion so absolute that makes you try and erase it from your memory.

Orbitcube said:
I researched this a few days ago, looking to sell my account, and from what I can tell, Accounts.net, EpicMMO.com and ToonStorm.com seem like your best bets for an automated-ish service. There's some auction-like sites if you prefer that sort of thing, but I wouldn't know what ones are good there. If a website instantly gives you a price as soon as you submit your form, you know it's a scam, especially if it's in the hundreds. Warcraftloot.net does this, I got offered $326 USD for my 80 Rogue in t7.5/8.5, but in reality it was only worth about $100.
For your friend I'd be looking at about $250+ maybe?

Also, what realm is that Warrior on?

Hmm he was thinking of getting way more but I honestly don't think he'll have any luck. TBH I remember back in the day people selling accounts for far more than they are going for now. I guess what with server tranfers, heirloom gear, RAF, nerfed levelling, more fun shit in general people are less willing to pony up big bucks for another character.

He doesn't want to say what server he's on unless someone is seriously interested, but if anyone is I can get you info on gear and whatnot.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Don't know what he's trying to achieve by not naming the server exactly since there are only a few PVP servers on Oceanic timezone to begin with. But yeah, at most he'll probably get $250-300 USD. Is he Australian or New Zealander? I don't see any other reason to be on an Oceanic server unless he is Singaporean. If he is indeed within the Oceanic timezone areas, I fear he isn't going to get much more than $350 in his own currency.

Friend of mine sold his account containing a 60 Druid and 60 Mage back in the day just before TBC came out and he was able to net a bit over $1K because of the USD-AUD conversion rates back then.

speedpop said:
Don't know what he's trying to achieve by not naming the server exactly since there are only a few PVP servers on Oceanic timezone to begin with. But yeah, at most he'll probably get $250-300 USD. Is he Australian or New Zealander? I don't see any other reason to be on an Oceanic server unless he is Singaporean. If he is indeed within the Oceanic timezone areas, I fear he isn't going to get much more than $350 in his own currency.

Friend of mine sold his account containing a 60 Druid and 60 Mage back in the day just before TBC came out and he was able to net a bit over $1K because of the USD-AUD conversion rates back then.

Yeah Aussie, conversion is shocking now which hurts it. He doesn't want to mention much... not sure why, I'm fairly sure there would be more than 1 warrior on his server. But thems the breaks. I doubt for the money he's looking at he'd want to sell at this point though

teacupcopter said:
Yeah Aussie, conversion is shocking now which hurts it. He doesn't want to mention much... not sure why, I'm fairly sure there would be more than 1 warrior on his server. But thems the breaks. I doubt for the money he's looking at he'd want to sell at this point though
I guess considering his very high level of gear and whatnot detective GAF may somehow figure out what the character name is and whatnot. And since he hasn't quit yet it could probably get him in some shit.

Macattk15

speedpop said:

Yeah this is true, accounts used to sell for ridiculous amounts. I sold my Warrior mid TBC ... was decked out in SSC/TK stuff (before BT and Hyjal came out) and I sold it for $1500 US. Today I could sell my epic'ed out rogue for like $200 maybe?

TomServo

Orbitcube said:
In my opinion I would say Netherstorm. Objectively I would say Blade's Edge.

I did 67 to 68 on my DK in Shadowmoon Valley. Went quickly, maybe an hour or two (rested w/ 20% heirloom bonus, flyer w/ 20% speed talent). Most of the early quests there are on top of one another or simple delivery / kill named mob / etc.

I'll second the hate for Blades Edge. Way to much running from one end of the zone to the other. Used that zone when leveling my priest alt because I skipped it on my main, and it was miserable.

Tamanon

Banned
Netherstorm is awesome for 67 to 68, if only because most of the quests there stack heavily, especially once you work your way to the ghost town and get all those really easy "Put XXX to rest" quests for great XP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Best bug of the PTR so far:

The flags that prevent NPCs and players from dying from various AoE effects don't appear to be on correctly; I tried a Violet Hold PUG to mess with the new Scourge Strike, only to find that it won't work because when the NPC pulls the crystal, the lightning storm that kills the Dragonkin kills the players AND the NPCs :lol I'm told this flagging issue has something to do with why all the glyph vendors are dead.

I also ran the Forge of Souls dungeon. It's alright; it feels like a "real" dungeon unlike ToC-5; although the split design is a little odd. It's on some platforms and walkways, so I sort of got a Coilfang Reservoir vibe from that part. The first boss, I have no idea what his "ability" was beyond some kind of giant AoE cyclone that kills you all. He didn't seem overly difficult, but partially this is because the only person on their live toon was me, so three people putting out 4000 DPS kind of skewed that oddly. Last boss was bugged and despawned a lot before dying. Jaina is in this instance, although all she does is hang out at the entrance and then show up to take credit after you kill the Soul Devourer. :lol Her new model is higher rez than her old model, although she has this slutty expression on her face now.

Did not get to try the Pit of Saron yet, although I was told it's head against a wall levels of boring.

PTR DK notes: the new Scourge Strike is maddeningly random. It can either hit for 3000 or absurd double-crits of ~12000 damage.

FLEABttn

Banned
Tamanon said:
http://www.worldofraids.com/

Dungeon Dailies being switched to "Random dungeon" tool. Really weird, a bit tough to decipher exactly how it'll work, but we'll see when they roll out more info on the PTR.

This can't go live because this is shit retarded. I have a group of 5 people already, so we wouldn't need this tool. So, we're just fucked when it comes to dailies then?

Evlar

Banned
FLEABttn said:
This can't go live because this is shit retarded. I have a group of 5 people already, so we wouldn't need this tool. So, we're just fucked when it comes to dailies then?
It looks to me like there are two different concepts going on here: random groups (parties made up of random people in the queue) and random dailies (quests that randomly assign your group to kill a heroic instance boss). Based on some of those screen shots it looks like you can enter this interface tool with a full or partial group already formed. Notice in the first screenshot you are given an amount of gold and experience for each random member included in the group, implying that the number of random members is variable, not always 5. Presumably you could use the tool with a party of 3 already formed; you would enlist two random members from the queue gain the listed gold multiplied by two.

If that's true then I would expect it is possible to use the tool with a full 5-man group and simply acquire the random daily quest.

This speculation might be entirely off the mark; perhaps the dialogue only indicates it is possible to do some instances with less than a full five-man group. Who knows.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FLEABttn said:
Actually, I would rather assume you queue for random dungeons much like queuing for a battleground, i.e. if you use the tool while in a group that has 3 dps, all three of your group will be assigned to the same grouping, just with a tank and a healer.

My assumption is, if you queue with a full 5 man group, it will just send you to the random dungeon together and you clear it for the reward.

Edit: Beaten. :D

Tamanon

Banned
You'll still get the badges reward like normal for the daily with a premade, you just get extra gold/XP for a pickup group, if it's a continual thing, it might work great for leveling too.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
You'll still get the badges reward like normal for the daily with a premade, you just get extra gold/XP for a pickup group, if it's a continual thing, it might work great for leveling too.
I'm so sick of badge runs that I don't know if I'll do then even with a new tool :lol

Permit me to Livejournal a moment, GAF, and I shall tell you a tale of woe.

Last night I logged in order to focus on the stuff I generally pug every week that still give some triumph; VOA 10/25, Ony 10 and the heroic daily basically. Heroic daily was Nexus so I more or less setup the drinking bird on the CoH button, went on follow and watched TV.

VOA 25 goes off without a hitch. 10 goes down easy. Then I end up in a 10 Onyxia pug that is mostly run by a semi-advanced raiding guild. Woohoo, I think to myself, this is going to be a breeze.

First pull all the melee get one-shot because they're either standing on her tail or in front of her. So of course we wipe it up. 2nd pull we make it to phase 2 at which point I discovered that neither pally tank knows what they're doing. The first sign? I was refreshing my inner fire every 30 seconds because of the sheer volume of whelps eating me.

So that one goes badly and I'm about to make my excuses, but I remind myself that a good Onyxia kill will only take a few minutes, and it's the getting there that takes a while. I persevere. Then, because I'm constantly having to actually run into consecrate to get adds off me, I get taken out by an elite when he explodes. Chat:

[tank] wtf why are there healers near elites???
[me] So that tanks can pull all the stuff they're supposed to be tanking but aren't off me before I die?
[tank] You were standing next to him
[tank] I saw you
[me] ...
[me] lol

At this point he says "this shit is fail" and raid quits. We get another tank and one-shot it. Anyway, I just wanted to share this story because it annoyed me. It's bad enough in a raid when someone is playing awfully, but I get really irritated when the same person starts bitching out other people who are struggling because of their incompetence.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Tell your lock he sucks. Why waste those spots with both shadowbolt and incinerate when the spec he uses most likely only needs one of those spells.

Angry Grimace

I wanted to see what that vendor in ICC had for sale.

Damn Warlock and his OP buff for 30K crits

Angry Grimace

border said:
This warlock hightails it out of the instance at the first sign of wipe :lol

Amusing stream so far.
Doesn't seem to likely they'll pull this one off either :lol That Bone Dude is pwning hard.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
*face palm*

Why the hell did they/we have to drag it into to NPCs to get the cheap kill.
So Blizzard would figure out to disable that.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
So Blizzard would figure out to disable that.
Yeah, he needs a leash so he resets a short bit into the hallway.

LAUGHTREY said:
rofl

and you guys are on mmo-champ.
Yeah I know. :|
It was a PTR raiding guild and I wanted to data gather for my guild. :lol

SCREENIE:
2ewyu7t.jpg

I think I might finally be free of this game, :lol . Been bored with the game for awhile now, I'm a pvper and gladiator every season so far but there just isn't anything to do this season with 2s being worthless, 3s and 5s are fine, 2700+ rated in both but I hate waiting for my entire team to be on all the time.. Anyways started taking some medication called paxil a few days ago for other reasons but it makes me space out when playing wow and actually get up from the game after only 10 minutes, since starting the medication for whatever reason it really makes me see how boring wow is to me =\

zam

Finally downed Beasts 25 hc last night, and then got Jaraxxus as well on the 2nd try. God Beasts is hard for the first boss, especially compared to how easy Jaraxxus is.

mclem

Massive dilemma over battle.net right now. On the one hand, a couple of guildies have, on occasion, had difficulty logging on on the accounts which they've switched to battle.net. I'd prefer to wait a bit to give them time to iron out these problems.

On the other, I'm on 74 pets, one away from the Little Fawn's Salt Lick.

Gnnngh.

GasProblem said:
That pet you get, Mr. Chilly, for merging your account with Battlenet is pretty meh. His eyes kind of freak me out.
The eye thing is getting fixed in 3.3.

And Marrowgar looks pretty easy from the PTR videos I've seen. Stay as far away as you possibly can in melee, move out of whirlwind and fire, kill spikes, rinse repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom