• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
zam said:
Finally downed Beasts 25 hc last night, and then got Jaraxxus as well on the 2nd try. God Beasts is hard for the first boss, especially compared to how easy Jaraxxus is.

faction champs is pretty easy to cheese as well, prot warriors and bear druids can soak around 40% of the overall damage on that encounter by spamming demo shout/roar, thunderclap, and shockwave

use limited cc on the rogue/hunter etc, and its a pretty easy kill

twin valks is pretty difficult until your group gets familiar with the encounter, then it becomes pretty easy as long as your 4-5 ball catchers are competent

anub is very difficult on the other hand, spent a night wiping in there last week and didnt have any good attempts

Macattk15

yacobod said:
faction champs is pretty easy to cheese as well, prot warriors and bear druids can soak around 40% of the overall damage on that encounter by spamming demo shout/roar, thunderclap, and shockwave

use limited cc on the rogue/hunter etc, and its a pretty easy kill

twin valks is pretty difficult until your group gets familiar with the encounter, then it becomes pretty easy as long as your 4-5 ball catchers are competent

anub is very difficult on the other hand, spent a night wiping in there last week and didnt have any good attempts

Agreed on all points. We've wiped probably 100 times on Anub. Getting to him with 50 attempts left then watching that go down to 0 is demoralizing lol.

TomServo

Macattk15 said:
Agreed on all points. We've wiped probably 100 times on Anub. Getting to him with 50 attempts left then watching that go down to 0 is demoralizing lol.

What's the jump in difficulty between 10m and 25 man Anub on heroic? We've been splitting our raiders up for 10m content, so we just got 10m Anub down last night in my group (with someone on their alt shaman for BL). Have a really solid strat for the burrow phase now, but I'm wondering how much tighter the DPS and HPS reqs are.

10m normal mode Anub is so pathetic. We killed him last night without letting him get to a single burrow phase. I seriously hope there aren't even PUGs wiping to him.

Total loot whorage last night though. iLvl245 version of Looming Shadow Wraps and Robes of the Sleepless (both of which are better than my iLvl245 t9) and the iLvl245 version of Firestorm Band. Also got enough badges to get my iLvl245 t9 legs. Best part? 10m runs are open rolls, so no DKP spent, and even the trophy I used for that t9 piece was won on an open roll in a PUG 25man after I missed our normal raid night.

Spent like 1000g on gems, but my all-important gearscore server rank (lol) moved from like 110 on the server to 29, despite my two iLvl200 trinkets.

Macattk15

TomServo said:
What's the jump in difficulty between 10m and 25 man Anub on heroic? We've been splitting our raiders up for 10m content, so we just got 10m Anub down last night in my group (with someone on their alt shaman for BL). Have a really solid strat for the burrow phase now, but I'm wondering how much tighter the DPS and HPS reqs are.

10m normal mode Anub is so pathetic. We killed him last night without letting him get to a single burrow phase. I seriously hope there aren't even PUGs wiping to him.

Total loot whorage last night though. iLvl245 version of Looming Shadow Wraps and Robes of the Sleepless (both of which are better than my iLvl245 t9) and the iLvl245 version of Firestorm Band. Also got enough badges to get my iLvl245 t9 legs. Best part? 10m runs are open rolls, so no DKP spent, and even the trophy I used for that t9 piece was won on an open roll in a PUG 25man after I missed our normal raid night.

Spent like 1000g on gems, but my all-important gearscore server rank (lol) moved from like 110 on the server to 29, despite my two iLvl200 trinkets.

10 man heroic anub to 25 man heroic anub shouldn't even be a comparison. Our 10 man has easily gotten Tribute to Insanity for multiple weeks in a row. We killed Algalon 25 back in June. Anub ToGC has been stomping us for the past 3 or 4 weeks I think.

yacobod

Banned
TomServo said:
What's the jump in difficulty between 10m and 25 man Anub on heroic? We've been splitting our raiders up for 10m content, so we just got 10m Anub down last night in my group (with someone on their alt shaman for BL).

basically the jump in difficulty is about as wide as the grand canyon, 10m heroic anub is pretty easy tbh

my guild is pretty geared out at this point, my 10m heroic grp got 10m insanity 2 weeks in a row, and our guilds 2nd 10m got their first 10m insanity this week, our 3rd 10m heroic got tribute to skill or mad skill as well, so basically everyone should be sorta competent at the encounter, yet we are having difficulty

put it this way, i'm going to skip sunday's raid cuz i know its anub attempts, going to watch the bears game on sunday night, well i would have skipped sundays raid most likely to watch the game, but being anub wipe night seals the deal

TomServo

Macattk15 said:
10 man heroic anub to 25 man heroic anub shouldn't even be a comparison. Our 10 man has easily gotten Tribute to Insanity for multiple weeks in a row. We killed Algalon 25 back in June. Anub ToGC has been stomping us for the past 3 or 4 weeks I think.

I'm going to cry now, and be happy that I'm out of town for our first real night on Anub on Sunday - got Twins down Tues night.

I will be disappointed if I miss our first night with Algalon in 25m. We've been extending lockouts and slowly working on 25 man hardmodes, got Firefighter Tues night as well for our last sigil.

yacobod said:
basically the jump in difficulty is about as wide as the grand canyon, 10m heroic anub is pretty easy tbh

10m wasn't bad once we got some organization to the burrow phases. We would have had a good shot at insanity if a.) the tanks had realized we were on heroic mode and not slept through impales on Gormok and b.) we had a shaman who was doing more DPS than the OT. Should get it next week.

Kyoufu

Got Death's Choice last night. Woot! Now I just a weapon from ToC and I'm pretty much done with my Best in Slot gear until 3.3.

Flib

I like that there is a debuff in Icecrown that decreases everyones' health by 1% every 3 seconds.

I also like that I can still gear up ok for Icecrown once 3.3 hits (as I want to at least come back and try it out a few times) without having to run ToC into infinity.

yacobod

Banned
Flib said:
I like that there is a debuff in Icecrown that decreases everyones' health by 1% every 3 seconds.

I also like that I can still gear up ok for Icecrown once 3.3 hits (as I want to at least come back and try it out a few times) without having to run ToC into infinity.

well it still will be the best way to gear up, takes an hour to clear 25m normal, 10m normal, and 10m heroic if your group is competent

its a really short instance, that has gotten really boring as some ppl are running 4-8 times per week

Flib

Yeah, I have a bunch of gear from it, but I'm not going to be way behind the curve. I really hate that place. I will never raid/play again like I used to, but I do want to see icecrown and will raid from time to time once it's out. I pretty much have a guaranteed raid slot in my guild.

Sciz

TomServo said:
yacobod said:
Macattk15 said:
Players in 25-man gear find 10-man content easy, news at 11.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sciz said:
Players in 25-man gear find 10-man content easy, news at 11.
10m regular mode is not for 25 man geared players. 10m heroic is also not tuned for 10 man geared players. It's tuned for the inevitability of 25 man geared players trying to get more loot. :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Blizzard said:
We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores.

:lol

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
What a silly potential fix. The mods would just be made to ignore shirt slot.
That was the next part of the quote. It just was a funny idea.

Not only that, but I rather assume they do ignore shirt slot already.

Tamanon

Banned
Evlar said:
The one thing that pisses me off about Mr. Chilly is that I spent three weeks running Kalu'ak dailies to get Pengu.

Just do what I do then and form an army!

9tjyte.jpg

Angry Grimace said:
10m regular mode is not for 25 man geared players. 10m heroic is also not tuned for 10 man geared players. It's tuned for the inevitability of 25 man geared players trying to get more loot. :lol

10m heroic is tuned well for 10 man geared players. The 25 man guilds that killed it the first week (many) had a mix of 226 plus whatever 232/245 pieces they'd picked up in 10-15 normal TotC boss kills (and maybe a couple 239s). Any 10 man guild can match that gear level at this point through normal TotC runs and emblem gear.

Yeah, they can't stomp 10m hard-modes like a 25 man guild can but I can guarantee you that 25 man hard-mode Anub is a lot harder for 25 man guilds than 10 man hard-mode Anub is for 10 man guilds.

How far into the fight are you guys who are working on Anub 25? Last night was our first *real* night of attempts and we have the burrow phase kiting down and just need to maximize DPS a little better to get him into phase 3 before the third burrow (I wanted to save bloodlust for phase 3 but that doesn't look like it's an option).

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
I'm pretty sure that's QuartzEclipse. I need to find a better one to use though.
Squawk and Awe?

cubicle47b said:
10m heroic is tuned well for 10 man geared players. The 25 man guilds that killed it the first week (many) had a mix of 226 plus whatever 232/245 pieces they'd picked up in 10-15 normal TotC boss kills (and maybe a couple 239s). Any 10 man guild can match that gear level at this point through normal TotC runs and emblem gear.

Yeah, they can't stomp 10m hard-modes like a 25 man guild can but I can guarantee you that 25 man hard-mode Anub is a lot harder for 25 man guilds than 10 man hard-mode Anub is for 10 man guilds.

How far into the fight are you guys who are working on Anub 25? Last night was our first *real* night of attempts and we have the burrow phase kiting down and just need to maximize DPS a little better to get him into phase 3 before the third burrow (I wanted to save bloodlust for phase 3 but that doesn't look like it's an option).
The 25 man guilds that killed it the first week are a lot better than the average guild that tackles 10 mans only. That's probably true for MOST 25 man guilds.

If I knew of even one 10m only guild that's done 10m Hard Modes, it would be the first. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I'm willing to put money down that 95% of the Hard Mode 10m kills are 25 man guilds wanting the better itemized 245 loot. I just think it's disingenuous to say how 10m hard mode is tuned well for 232 geared players unless we can point to a 10m guild that's done it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
sykoex said:
But.. the game itself boils down players to gear scores, like when you get into a vehicle in Ulduar or Maly.

And that's one of the few places it matters.

Every melee + hunter DPS' BiS up until TotGC is a iLevel 200 trinket. I think a Holy Paladin iLevel 200 Libram is BiS still.

So no, overall gear score does not matter.

Angry Grimace said:
The 25 man guilds that killed it the first week are a lot better than the average guild that tackles 10 mans only. That's probably true for MOST 25 man guilds.

If I knew of even one 10m only guild that's done 10m Hard Modes, it would be the first. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I'm willing to put money down that 95% of the Hard Mode 10m kills are 25 man guilds wanting the better itemized 245 loot. I just think it's disingenuous to say how 10m hard mode is tuned well for 232 geared players unless we can point to a 10m guild that's done it.

Skill shouldn't determine whether the content is tuned well or not.

114 guilds have a A Tribute To Dedicated Insanity which limits you to 10 man ToTC gear (or worse), emblem gear, and you can't use Val'anyr. In comparison only 33 guilds have 25 man Insanity. 6743 guilds have cleared heroic 10. Surely a fair amount are 10 man guilds.

I think we have 10 man guilds on my server that have cleared it but they also PuG TotC 25 so...

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
Skill shouldn't determine whether the content is tuned well or not.

114 guilds have a A Tribute To Dedicated Insanity which limits you to 10 man ToTC gear (or worse), emblem gear, and you can't use Val'anyr. In comparison only 33 guilds have 25 man Insanity.

I think we have 10 man guilds on my server that have cleared it but they also PuG TotC 25 so...
I have an idea of why the split looks like that, but we'd be running dangerously close to just wild speculation as to why and how.

10 man raiding is the best thing that ever happened to this game for me. I get to play less and have more fun. *shrug*

I CAN tell you that Trial of the Crusader is incredibly undertuned for everyone on 10 man mode.

Macattk15

cubicle47b said:

We've gotten him down to 8% in Phase 3.

We often use 6 healers ... sometimes 5 ... I keep suggesting to bring 7 but I never get listened to.

VaLiancY

Angry Grimace said:
I CAN tell you that Trial of the Crusader is incredibly undertuned for everyone on 10 man mode.

I agree, it's pretty much a face roll til lol'Anub, I raid with old guildies who don't run 10 mans with their core raiders so we all perfectly together. I can't be fucked with the 25 mans though, too much people, too much carrying and too much crying. We all know that DK who cries "Too many DKs" and doesn't know the other two Death Knights are tanks or the tons of DPS plate in the raid or the five Paladins in the raid and Kings is still not up after five minutes. I'm very happy with 10M end game content.

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
I agree, it's pretty much a face roll til lol'Anub, I raid with old guildies who don't run 10 mans with their core raiders so we all perfectly together. I can't be fucked with the 25 mans though, too much people, too much carrying and too much crying. We all know that DK who cries "Too many DKs" and doesn't know the other two Death Knights are tanks or the tons of DPS plate in the raid or the five Paladins in the raid and Kings is still not up after five minutes. I'm very happy with 10M end game content.
Actually...Anub'arak is a faceroll too. *shrug*

And that's true even though we've been dragging along the same two shitty pug healers and leaning heavily on our Holy Paladin to do virtually all the healing. If we had our normal Holy Priest back we wouldn't need 3 in the first place. Healing is really easy to do competently; I don't get why this guy is so bad. Maybe he's target-healing or something.

Atrophis

One can never fully get over the total shittyness of the WOW patcher.

Seriously just apply the fucking patch instead of disappearing!

VaLiancY

Angry Grimace said:
Actually...Anub'arak is a faceroll too. *shrug*

And that's true even though we've been dragging along the same two shitty pug healers and leaning heavily on our Holy Paladin to do virtually all the healing. If we had our normal Holy Priest back we wouldn't need 3 in the first place. Healing is really easy to do competently; I don't get why this guy is so bad. Maybe he's target-healing or something.

I'm sure you got good people interrupting those Shadow Strikes?

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
I'm sure you got good people interrupting those Shadow Strikes?
I think you're talking about the ToGC and I'm not. :D

What exactly is the purpose of this Battlenet thingy anyways? Is some kind of additional functionality forthcoming? I've never had another Blizzard game other than Diablo II and that was my brother's.

There appears to be two separate levels of Crafted Gear on the PTRs now. The patterns I saw (sold from a faction vendor in the entrance of ICC called "The Ashen Verdict") required "Primordial Saronite" to buy and forge. They were ilvl 251. You appeared to just gain a 10-20 Ashen Verdict reputation by killing mobs in ICC; the crafted gear required Ashen Verdict reputation to equip, not forge. Legpieces required Revered and Feet pieces required Honored.

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
What exactly is the purpose of this Battlenet thingy anyways? Is some kind of additional functionality forthcoming?

Do they really just want to hand out penguins?

The Battle.net upgrade will enable cross-server and cross-game friends chat and they talked about making achievements account-wide.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Evlar said:
The one thing that pisses me off about Mr. Chilly is that I spent three weeks running Kalu'ak dailies to get Pengu.
The fishing rod man! Girls go crazy for that big rod.

Angry Grimace said:
What exactly is the purpose of this Battlenet thingy anyways? Is some kind of additional functionality forthcoming?

Do they really just want to hand out penguins?
Just an incentive for manbabies on WoW to jump over onto a system that ties all Blizzard products together - similar to how Steam works I suppose. With Starcraft II and Diablo III jumping out the window within the next 12-24 months, what better time than now?

Quake1028

An update on my 10 man guild:

Up to Yogg finally in Ulduar, although we haven't given it serious attention since ToC came out.

Clear 10 man ToC weekly like everyone else.

Up to Faction Champs in 25 man, haven't tried much.

Up to Jarraxus in 10 man ToGC, haven't tried much.

Hopefully we can take down Yogg this week and really never have to go back to Ulduar.

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
The new reputation changes make my alt grinds for Sons of Hodir less grindy. :D
What changes are those?

Gloomfire said:
An update on my 10 man guild:

Up to Yogg finally in Ulduar, although we haven't given it serious attention since ToC came out.

Clear 10 man ToC weekly like everyone else.

Up to Faction Champs in 25 man, haven't tried much.

Up to Jarraxus in 10 man ToGC, haven't tried much.

Hopefully we can take down Yogg this week and really never have to go back to Ulduar.
I'd really like to get my guild to sac up and just get Yogg down, but it's like pulling teeth to convince ANYONE to run through all 12 of the bosses leading to Yogg-Saron. Granted, I guess you *could* go FL-XT-Lologarn-Keepers-Vezax, but ugh. Even doing the keepers again sounds like a pain.

Tamanon

Banned
They're bumping up rep gains for the Wrath reps by 30% and making the head/shoulder enchants from different reps BoA so you can equip alts(specifically the Hodir ones)

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
They're bumping up rep gains for the Wrath reps by 30% and making the head/shoulder enchants from different reps BoA so you can equip alts(specifically the Hodir ones)
That's kind of nice; I only bothered to get Exalted Hodir on one toon :lol

Tier 10:

Warlocks

tier10warlock.jpg

Ripclawe

Banned
Tamanon said:

* The following reputations have been sped up by roughly 30%:

Argent Crusade
Alliance Vanguard
Horde Expedition
Kirin Tor
Knights of the Ebon Blade
Sons of Hodir
Wyrmrest Accord

* Sons of Hodir quests now give more reputation overall.
* Top-level helm and shoulder faction-related enchants are now available as Bind-on-Account items that do not require any faction to use once purchased (they still require the appropriate faction level to purchase).
* Reputation commendations can now be purchased for 1 Emblem of Triumph each.

wooooo!!!

Cipherr

I freakin LOVE it. Im a gnome though, it looks TERRIBLE with huge shoulders. We are going to look like little demon lawn gnomes. Sooooooofreaking awesome.

Angry Grimace

Gloomfire said:
Mage set is cool, but that Warlock set is fuck awesome.
Warlock is killing the mage set.

Granted, the model doesn't appear to be wearing a shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom