• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabora

206db9i.png

>_>

Had too.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That either has to be Invincible to explain the fucked up legs, or they need to change it before it goes live, cause the backwards bending legs are driving me nuts.

Tamanon

Banned
That picture's missing a leg from the one I saw.

Also, titles for killing the Lich King.
The Frost Ender

And realm first killing the Lich King on 25 man heroic gets
Light of Dawn

Xabora

LAUGHTREY said:
That either has to be Invincible to explain the fucked up legs, or they need to change it before it goes live, cause the backwards bending legs are driving me nuts.
Well right now the model is still kinda messy.

1 Standing Loop Animation has the legs tileted a bit, the wings overlap some too.
And the base mesh animations seem pooled from the Hippogryphs.

Plus Invincible does have some rather nice Idle Animations too.

My guess its a 1% drop from Arthas.

Mr Nash said:
Flying donkey?
It poops gold.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
That picture's missing a leg from the one I saw.

Also, titles for killing the Lich King.
The Frost Ender

And realm first killing the Lich King on 25 man heroic gets
Light of Dawn
The titles are for killing him on Heroic of course.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't find Warrior tier 10...

ianswoody said:
PD, nataku: What servers are you on? I'm leveling through Outland for the first time and I've been having a great time. I've been able to PUG the first 3 major instances there (Ramparts, Underbog and Slave Pens), but I still haven't found a group for Mana Tombs. Outland overall has been a great experience. Great questlines and the narrative seems a bit more stream-lined.

Edit: Duh, should put my server. I'm Mannoroth

Ravenholdt lol

lv65 now. My experience with my alt has been kinda disappointing because I expected it to work similarly to when my main was leveling - constantly doing dungeons, doing group quests, feeling like I was progressing alongside a host of folks, etc. I got my shaman dual spec resto figuring it would get me more groups; well I get more, but overall LFG is still a wasteland; hell oftentimes all I see is other healers in que lol.

I remember thinking ah, once I'm able to do SM I'll be doing dungeons all the time. In reality I did SM maybe twice. Then I figured ah, once I get to the searing gorge I'll be doing BRD all the time! Nah, only did half of it one time. Then I figured ah, once I get to outlands there will be plenty of DK tanks to heal through dungeons. Nope. Now I'm thinking once I get to Northrend I'll be doing dungeons more consistently lol; I'll probably head there once I hit 68

Tamanon

Banned
http://community.livejournal.com/worldofwarcraft/8090801.html#cutid1

Quote:

* NEW - QueryQuestsCompleted() requests that the server send the client a list of completed quest ids. Once the list is received the QUEST_QUERY_COMPLETE event is fired. (There is a limit on how frequently this can be called)
* NEW - tbl = GetQuestsCompleted([tbl]) populates a table (creating one if necessary) with the ids of completed quests. (The format of this table may change before release)

Allows for quest history tracking in add-ons now. Questhelper's developer is already tinkering with it. Will be a boon for achievement mongers though.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, it really sucks when DPS classes don't understand the limitations of specific healers. Got into a heroic ToC group before going to bed where they only had the Black Knight left, figured it'd be worth it just for a seal, an emblem and a shot at a rare since no other groups seemed to be forming. Wiped the first two times because the two hunters decided to not only stand at max range in part 3 but also to stand on opposite sides of the tank so the shaman couldn't keep folks up enough with chain heal. Third time, I was the last one standing since they still refused to be closer. Barely killed him with only 1k health left as I hammered on my Heart Strike button.:lol

We were already cutting things close since the shammy didn't even have boots or belt for healing and was wearing his enhancement pieces.

Hero

Tamanon said:
The Battle.net upgrade will enable cross-server and cross-game friends chat and they talked about making achievements account-wide.

When did they talk about making achievements account-wide?

Acid08

Banned
So for some reason I can't train for two handed axes. I'm a level 30 Orc Shaman and I was able to train for two handed maces, but not axes. I went to the weapon master in Org and there was no option to train. Wtf is going on? I want that racial bonus.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why would you use a two hand axe as a shaman anyway? Once you get dual wield, you will never think about it again.

Acid08

Banned
Bisnic said:
Why would you use a two hand axe as a shaman anyway? Once you get dual wield, you will never think about it again.
I don't get dual wield until 50 though right? I get a racial bonus for axes and I just want to use a two handed axe until I can dual wield. What else would you suggest?

Bisnic

Dual wield is lvl 40, and you DO learn how to use 2 hand axes in Orgrimmar, from both the orc & troll in the Valley of Honor, i don't know what you're talking about.

Acid08

Banned
Bisnic said:
Dual wield is lvl 40, and you DO learn how to use 2 hand axes in Orgrimmar, from both the orc & troll in the Valley of Honor, i don't know what you're talking about.
Yeah, I talk to them both and I get no option to train for axes. I trained for two handed maces but axes were never an option for me to train.

Bisnic

Are you sure you just learned them a few lvls sooner and forgot about it? :lol Check your weapon skills, no way this can be a bug or something.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Acid08 said:
So for some reason I can't train for two handed axes. I'm a level 30 Orc Shaman and I was able to train for two handed maces, but not axes. I went to the weapon master in Org and there was no option to train. Wtf is going on? I want that racial bonus.
Weenerz said:
I think you learn that skill from the very beginning.
Yeah things have changed for Shaman over the years. Pretty sure 2H Axes are able to be used from the start, and have been that way for months. Check your skills tab to see.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Anub'arak is tuned so much better on 25 man than 10 man normal. You can stumble through on 10 man, but he ate our lunch on 25 man...it also goes to figure that only one piece of gear for plate DPS drops, and I rolled a 9.

Angry Grimace

Time to farm the easiest boss in the universe 5x a day on the off chance he drops something other than a crappy ring :lol

Bisnic

speedpop said:
Yeah things have changed for Shaman over the years. Pretty sure 2H Axes are able to be used from the start, and have been that way for months. Check your skills tab to see.

I made an orc shaman a few days ago, and you cannot use two hand axes by default. I had to learn them from the weapon masters in Orgrimmar.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Interesting.

Maybe I am confusing it with the talents themselves.. there used to be one in Enhancement that you had to select to allow you to use any 2H mace or axe.

Angry Grimace

explodet said:
My first group got the spell hit ring 4 times out of five.
This is going to be a long seasonal event.
We got 3 magic brooms. I lost all of them :lol

speedpop said:
Interesting.

Maybe I am confusing it with the talents themselves.. there used to be one in Enhancement that you had to select to allow you to use any 2H mace or axe.

2H weapons are no longer talented for shaman. It's a base ability now.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I have yet to have a Mage set that I absolutely love.

I finally got rid of the worst looking helm ever made for mages (T8).

Man that thing was ugly.

Xabora

I got the pumpkin helm. :|
Lost on the pet by a roll of 2. :(

Mr Pockets said:
I have yet to have a Mage set that I absolutely love.

I finally got rid of the worst looking helm ever made for mages (T8).

Man that thing was ugly.
Arcanists
Bloodelf-arcanist.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Bisnic said:
Are you sure you just learned them a few lvls sooner and forgot about it? :lol Check your weapon skills, no way this can be a bug or something.
Yeah turns out I could already use them. Either I was able to use them from the start or I decided to play high as fuck one night and trained and forgot about it. I'm guessing it's the latter.

lordmrw

explodet said:
My first group got the spell hit ring 4 times out of five.
This is going to be a long seasonal event.

Same here. It was our first time so we got to do it twice, and on the 7 try the sword dropped. I got the DPS ring but then it turned out what i had was better. Heh.

No fricking mount drop though, not that I particularly care.

Bisnic

Well, the Blue Proto Drake dropped for the 1st time for me today since the expansion released and i won it. :lol I guess it helped that the healer disconnected right when the boss died so we were only 4 to roll for it. :lol

1zbxic8.jpg

Ripclawe

Banned
Here's a nice little find from official forums poster Whut of Cenarion Circle: Arctic Furs, those impossibly hard to farm rare skinning drops that are needed for everything from Leg Armor to Motorcycles, will be a lot easier to get in Patch 3.3. Namely, Braeg Stoutbeard, the recipe vendor outside of Legendary Leathers in Dalaran, is selling them for the low price of 10 Heavy Borean Leather on the PTR.

Time to skin!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
My faith in my server's player base is slowly rising. I'm not in a raiding guild, so a lot of the 10+ man content I tend to pug. Ran Ulduar today, and it was actually pretty good. Downed 6 bosses before people had to go to do their own thing (got to Hodir before packing it in). Hopefully if I put anything together tomorrow, we'll achieve similar results (or better). We'll see though...

Cipherr

Mr Nash said:
My faith in my server's player base is slowly rising. I'm not in a raiding guild, so a lot of the 10+ man content I tend to pug. Ran Ulduar today, and it was actually pretty good. Downed 6 bosses before people had to go to do their own thing (got to Hodir before packing it in). Hopefully if I put anything together tomorrow, we'll achieve similar results (or better). We'll see though...

Im having trouble on my server finding successful TOC 10 normal runs. Wiped many times on beasts because Ive never been able to assemble people willing to learn the fight online somewhere before coming to do it.

Got a run going today with all good geared people who had done it before but a terrible tank held us back. Didnt taunt off of the MT so stacking dots would kill one of them then the other, and every time he took aggro he would kite...the boss across the room unbelievable, the healers were going apeshit.

Man the server is good on pugs for everything else. Ulduar clearing even past freya etc. But Ive been getting nothing but horrible ToC runs there on my little warlock. Would love to see the place from start to finish myself instead of various youtubes laying out the freaking boss strats.

Xabora

To quote a GM:
Cataclysm beta OPT-IN should start in a few weeks. (I assume after 3.3 Live)
And Beta should be out after December.

-Take as a rumor for now if you must.

Tamanon

Banned
Xabora said:
To quote a GM:
Cataclysm beta OPT-IN should start in a few weeks. (I assume after 3.3 Live)
And Beta should be out after December.

-Take as a rumor for now if you must.

HELL YEAH That means Summer!

laserbeam

Banned
I really expect Cataclysm to come out around Old Republic release to try and have an impact there so time frame for beta seems accurat eenough considering TOR Beta starts shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom