• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
laserbeam said:
I really expect Cataclysm to come out around Old Republic release to try and have an impact there so time frame for beta seems accurat eenough considering TOR Beta starts shortly

As if Blizzard is worried about either of those games. Look at Vanguard, EQ2, Warhammer, Conan and Aion, all "WoW" killers that are failing.

laserbeam

Banned
Weenerz said:
As if Blizzard is worried about either of those games. Look at Vanguard, EQ2, Warhammer, Conan and Aion, all "WoW" killers that are failing.

The Old Republic is the only MMO in development that has any real chance of hitting Blizzard in the wallet. Thats just a fact and not silly hype like Aion etc.

Tamanon

Banned
I think blizzard really doesn't care about any other game period. They have never really played the release date game that other companies do, they just release stuff when it's ready.

Xabora

laserbeam said:
The Old Republic is the only MMO in development that has any real chance of hitting Blizzard in the wallet. Thats just a fact and not silly hype like Aion etc.
SW:TOR is done right has a chance of pulling me away from WoW. :D :lol

FLEABttn

Banned
Xabora said:
To quote a GM:
Cataclysm beta OPT-IN should start in a few weeks. (I assume after 3.3 Live)
And Beta should be out after December.

-Take as a rumor for now if you must.

Sounds fishy.

If you've already signed up for the StarCraft 2 beta, then you've already opted in for Warcraft betas.

Also, it's probably the alpha if it's actually starting soon. The timing would make sense. The alpha for WotLK started Mayish 2008.

I thank myself for penguin-morph.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Puncture said:
Im having trouble on my server finding successful TOC 10 normal runs. Wiped many times on beasts because Ive never been able to assemble people willing to learn the fight online somewhere before coming to do it.

Got a run going today with all good geared people who had done it before but a terrible tank held us back. Didnt taunt off of the MT so stacking dots would kill one of them then the other, and every time he took aggro he would kite...the boss across the room unbelievable, the healers were going apeshit.

Man the server is good on pugs for everything else. Ulduar clearing even past freya etc. But Ive been getting nothing but horrible ToC runs there on my little warlock. Would love to see the place from start to finish myself instead of various youtubes laying out the freaking boss strats.

Wow, that's horrible, that tank story. I've had similarly bad experience there, which is frustrating because as far as I can tell, there really shouldn't be any hiccups until faction champs or twin valkyries. I was in one reg ToC 10 not too long ago that couldn't get passed beasts of northrend, but at least most of the group were figuring things out as we did the fights so there was noticeable improvement. It was mostly dps that was the problem, not getting out of the fire (?!?), bonking snobolds off healers, or knowing what to do when they got debuffs off of the worms. Tanks and heals would survive till Icehowl, but by then the rest of the group was too fargone to finish up. There were a few times where it would just be myself and the tank I was on healing duties left thinking, "T_T".

I'm just filling my friends list out, and trying my best to avoid the bads now when putting together pugs. :\

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
Im having trouble on my server finding successful TOC 10 normal runs. Wiped many times on beasts because Ive never been able to assemble people willing to learn the fight online somewhere before coming to do it.

Got a run going today with all good geared people who had done it before but a terrible tank held us back. Didnt taunt off of the MT so stacking dots would kill one of them then the other, and every time he took aggro he would kite...the boss across the room unbelievable, the healers were going apeshit.

Man the server is good on pugs for everything else. Ulduar clearing even past freya etc. But Ive been getting nothing but horrible ToC runs there on my little warlock. Would love to see the place from start to finish myself instead of various youtubes laying out the freaking boss strats.
Really? The 10 man version is ridiculously easy. Maybe it's just gear level or something?

My guild is a small guild so we started pugging our ToC-25 runs this, and got up to Anub'arak the first night we did it. For the most part, the ToC fights beyond the Faction Champs fight require very little in terms of crazy strategies. Anub'arak was the only fight that was significantly more difficult on 25 vs. 10.

Although there was a funny story about a successful attempt on Twin Valk'yrs in which somehow, my ENTIRE ACTION BAR got completely erased. I have no idea what glue-huffing lunatic programmed that setting/button combination into the Bartender addon. I had to stop mid-fight to re-map all my buttons, and managed to find myt Mind Freeze about 2 seconds before the Twin pact heal :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
laserbeam said:
The Old RepublicAion is the only MMO in development that has any real chance of hitting Blizzard in the wallet. Thats just a fact and not silly hype like Aion etc.Warhammer
There you go, you now have an almost identical quote from about 1 year ago.

Evlar

Banned
Weenerz said:
WoW was most certainly released early in response to EQ2. That is without question. Maraudon was patched in after launch because they didn't have time to finish it.

Xabora

Evlar said:
WoW was most certainly released early in response to EQ2. That is without question. Maraudon was patched in after launch because they didn't have time to finish it.
Actually EQ2 was released early in response to WoW Releasing.

Ashodin

Xabora said:
Actually EQ2 was released early in response to WoW Releasing.
This is correct. And EQ2 BOMBED hard. WoW was just the right sort of thing people wanted. A fresh take on the MMO experience that allowed for lots of people to "jump in". As the game went on, more and more casuals gained the ability to play.

Xabora: Are you able to coerce files from the 3.3 patch to put together somewhat of a look at Tier 10 Paladin? It's under there in Raid Paladin.

Someone found the other stuff though (posted from MMO):

33f9ahx.jpg
2eda32c.png

vfy552.jpg
dnjcbd.png

2e3va6o.jpg

From top to bottom: Kilt, Chest, Hat/Shoulders, Icons, Boots

Xabora

Maxrpg said:
Xabora: Are you able to coerce files from the 3.3 patch to put together somewhat of a look at Tier 10 Paladin? It's under there in Raid Paladin.

Someone found the other stuff though (posted from MMO):

33f9ahx.jpg
2eda32c.png

vfy552.jpg
dnjcbd.png

2e3va6o.jpg

From top to bottom: Kilt, Chest, Hat/Shoulders, Icons, Boots
I could, I'll do it once I get some rest.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't think we're getting a dress again, the icon is pants.

edit: Eh, the tier 8 icon is pants too. But cmon, they wouldn't give us another dress that's just mean.

VaLiancY

For the love of God, give the Paladins some pants. For a short while, I confused them all the time for mages in my raids when I came back to WoW. Fordring wouldn't wear a battle kilt.

Yazus

VaLiancY said:
For the love of God, give the Paladins some pants. For a short while, I confused them all the time for mages in my raids when I came back to WoW. Fordring wouldn't wear a battle kilt.

I actually found the T8 set pretty good looking, but I still think nothing done yet has passed the T6. Hell, that's what Triton wears. Good fucking stuff.

Also, anyone heard of Shadowmourne/Shadow's Edge stuff?

Its on MMOchamp, it seems you have to get the Shadow's Edge first and then a questline to upgrade it to Shadowmourne (get 255 souls trough kills? Collecting 45 shadrs? Yeah...)

Sraza

Neo Member
10man undying naxx run.

Get all the way to Sapph.

Raid Leader/Guild Leader calls for someone to move behind ice block.

Three seconds later that person dies because they didn't listen and thought they were fine.

Raid response. D:

I'm pretty bummed about it since KT is a joke on 10 man. The person who died also blew it last week when he didn't switch on thaddius and he exploded. He's a great player but it's the same old story of dps being great at fucking shit up but not at moving/positioning. We way out gear naxx and the only way to die is by not paying attention.

We've been saying you have to pay up if you die in certain areas.
10gp to each player 1st and 2nd wing
20gp to each player 3rd wing
40gp to each player 4th wing
100gp to each player KT and Sapph.

I haven't seen a dime yet.

VaLiancY

I guess they want to make melee DPS work hard like healers did for that mace from Ulduar.:lol Good thing I'm a Hunter.

And I'm all for battle kilts if they looked like this...
dick_su_wow2.jpg

Atrophis

My server was running like complete ass last night so i jumped on my shaman alt that I havent played in years.

Damn i remember this being a more fun class :/

nataku

Atrophis said:
My server was running like complete ass last night so i jumped on my shaman alt that I havent played in years.

Damn i remember this being a more fun class :/

I was getting massive delays on Gurubashi, too. It'd take 10+ seconds for me to vendor junk or turn in quests in Outland.

mclem

Sraza said:
10man undying naxx run.

Get all the way to Sapph.

Raid Leader/Guild Leader calls for someone to move behind ice block.

Three seconds later that person dies because they didn't listen and thought they were fine.

Raid response. D:

I'm pretty bummed about it since KT is a joke on 10 man. The person who died also blew it last week when he didn't switch on thaddius and he exploded. He's a great player but it's the same old story of dps being great at fucking shit up but not at moving/positioning. We way out gear naxx and the only way to die is by not paying attention.

We've been saying you have to pay up if you die in certain areas.
10gp to each player 1st and 2nd wing
20gp to each player 3rd wing
40gp to each player 4th wing
100gp to each player KT and Sapph.

I haven't seen a dime yet.

For Comic Relief (Big British fundraising drive) I thought I'd get a few guildies to do a 10-man Naxx run for charity, I'd donate money based on how quickly we did it with bonus bounties for certain achievements.

I made one foolish error, though, of putting a big bounty on Undying. And my team, who were usually able to be relied on to screw up somewhere in the running, didn't; we went and got a perfect run and Undying, and I had to fork out rather more than I intended - not that I object! It was a superb run, and one we *still* haven't been able to repeat (not that we're trying all that hard any more)

Sraza

Neo Member
mclem said:
For Comic Relief (Big British fundraising drive) I thought I'd get a few guildies to do a 10-man Naxx run for charity, I'd donate money based on how quickly we did it with bonus bounties for certain achievements.

I made one foolish error, though, of putting a big bounty on Undying. And my team, who were usually able to be relied on to screw up somewhere in the running, didn't; we went and got a perfect run and Undying, and I had to fork out rather more than I intended - not that I object! It was a superb run, and one we *still* haven't been able to repeat (not that we're trying all that hard any more)

That sounds hilarious.

Then maybe we have our pay scheme the wrong way. :lol

Wrekt

Hallows End is probably my least favorite of all the world events. You have the random number generator fucking you out of your achievements like Valentines and the "flying to every shitty camp in the game" of Fire Festival. I did get lucky on some rolls and picked up the squashling and hallowed helm off of the Horseman over the past 2 days.

However, I'm 4 weighted jack-o-lanterns and 1 tooth pick away from my violet drake. You get a few jack-o-lanterns every time you kill HH so I'm not worried about that. Now I'm just concerned about the RNG allowing me to get a tooth pick. So far my main character is the only one that hasn't gotten it yet. :lol

TomServo

Sciz said:
Players in 25-man gear find 10-man content easy, news at 11.

Everyone in the group that killed 10m easymode Anub without letting him burrow is in iLevel226-245 gear. The 245 gear is primarily the crappy itemized 25man normal stuff (seriously, even the 232 version of some caster gear is better itemized than the 245 stuff in easymode ToC - see Looming Shadow Wraps vs. Gul'dan's gloves of triumph).

Being able to knock out the last boss of a raid quickly enough to completely negate an entire phase of fight with gear that's maybe one level over said boss means it's completely undertuned. Especially in a tier of content where there are effectively four levels of gear.

Wrekt said:
Hallows End is probably my least favorite of all the world events. You have the random number generator fucking you out of your achievements like Valentines and the "flying to every shitty camp in the game" of Fire Festival. I did get lucky on some rolls and picked up the squashling and hallowed helm off of the Horseman over the past 2 days.

However, I'm 4 weighted jack-o-lanterns and 1 tooth pick away from my violet drake. You get a few jack-o-lanterns every time you kill HH so I'm not worried about that. Now I'm just concerned about the RNG allowing me to get a tooth pick. So far my main character is the only one that hasn't gotten it yet. :lol
Yeah! I hate that you have to depend on the RNG, it's ridiculous and feels outdated in 2009.

Do you get the toothpick from trick or treating Innskeepers?

Angry Grimace

The Lamonster said:
Yeah! I hate that you have to depend on the RNG, it's ridiculous and feels outdated in 2009.

Do you get the toothpick from trick or treating Innskeepers?
I think the idea is that you'll get one if you TorT at once every couple of days.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yazus said:
I actually found the T8 set pretty good looking, but I still think nothing done yet has passed the T6. Hell, that's what Triton wears. Good fucking stuff.

Also, anyone heard of Shadowmourne/Shadow's Edge stuff?

Its on MMOchamp, it seems you have to get the Shadow's Edge first and then a questline to upgrade it to Shadowmourne (get 255 souls trough kills? Collecting 45 shadrs? Yeah...)

1000 souls through kills in ICC.

Everyones bitching, but no one knows how much trash there is.

Entropia

No One Remembers
PhoenixDark said:
Finally got my helm for threat set
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&cn=Goinio&gn=Extirpation

Should make Hodir hard mode less stressful lol; can't wait to test it out on tuesday

Might wanna change up the enchant on your sword? Titanium Weapon Chain is something you put on your Red Sword of Courage.

Get Mongoose on that thing, stat.

Also, you're over 540 Defense. Get rid of the Defense enchant on the shield, get +18 Stamina. Get rid of the defense enchant on your chest, get +275 Health.

Angry Grimace

Entropia said:
Might wanna change up the enchant on your sword? Titanium Weapon Chain is something you put on your Red Sword of Courage.

Get Mongoose on that thing, stat.

Also, you're over 540 Defense. Get rid of the Defense enchant on the shield, get +18 Stamina. Get rid of the defense enchant on your chest, get +275 Health.
Blood Draining is better than Mongoose.

Also, 540 Defense isn't a cap. It's a floor. Edit: Don't take that to mean you're wrong; about switching the enchants to stam/health. I'm just saying not to make the assumption that Defense has diminishing returns like raw dodge/parry/block.

Angry Grimace

While I would kill a baby for it, I gotta imagine that flying towards the entrance to ToC on a Tuesday on Ashes of Al'ar would elicit a headache inducing number of whispers.

Angry Grimace

I wonder which mount is most widely considered the coolest in game? In terms of appearance only, of course. I'd go with the Deadly Gladiator's Frostwyrm, but I bet most people would say the Al'ar Phoenix.

The only rare mounts I have are 2 Zebras (meh) and Rivendare's Deathcharger on my Death Knight.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Remember when the drake from Heroic CoT was considered a decently rare ride?:p
It was pretty cool since it's such an easy way to get a drake and they weren't all over the place then. Drakes > Proto Drakes. :lol

I hope Sindragosa has a Frostwyrm mount in her inventory. I'm not entirely sure what the absolute *rarest* mount in game is. Probably still the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, if I had to guess.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Angry Grimace said:
It was pretty cool since it's such an easy way to get a drake and they weren't all over the place then. Drakes > Proto Drakes. :lol

I hope Sindragosa has a Frostwyrm mount in her inventory. I'm not entirely sure what the absolute *rarest* mount in game is. Probably still the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, if I had to guess.

I don't know about dropping a frostwyrm in ICC, unless the next season gives a protodrake.

Angry Grimace

LAUGHTREY said:
I don't know about dropping a frostwyrm in ICC, unless the next season gives a protodrake.
I believe there is a Relentless Gladiator's Frostwyrm Drake also.

Cipherr

Want that mount so bad. I joined a group and used my 1 daily summon, after that run, found another group and used the non repeatable HHM quest summon to get in on another 6+ summon run.

Not exactly honest, but hey, I asked if it was ok to come if I could only summon once and both groups said yes so.... :lol :lol :lol

My lock has to have it. Has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom