• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Xabora said:
WoW Pally T10 GOLD
rvxeu9.png

No helm or shoulder models found.
there are shoulder/helm models in the patch notes, they just aren't... modeled yet :lol

But thanks a LOT: could you possibly preview it on Blood Elf, and the Blue Model? Also, your picture got posted on the MMO Champ forums :D

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I believe there is a Relentless Gladiator's Frostwyrm Drake also.

I think his point is that he doesn't want PvE players to get a mount that was a reward for Arena unless they also give Arena a Proto-Drake.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
I think his point is that he doesn't want PvE players to get a mount that was a reward for Arena unless they also give Arena a Proto-Drake.
Well Proto-Drakes are everywhere. Maybe not 310% speed, but they are everywhere.

I just think the Frostwyrm looks cool. They used to give out the Netherwing ones for the lvl 70 seasons, right?

Angry Grimace said:
That's kind of nice; I only bothered to get Exalted Hodir on one toon :lol

Tier 10:

Warlocks

tier10warlock.jpg

why cant they update the res on body armor, look how sharp the helms and shoulders look, then the texture itself for the body mesh looks like the low res setting?

Xabora

Maxrpg said:
there are shoulder/helm models in the patch notes, they just aren't... modeled yet :lol

But thanks a LOT: could you possibly preview it on Blood Elf, and the Blue Model? Also, your picture got posted on the MMO Champ forums :D
I posted that. :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ZombieSupaStar said:
why cant they update the res on body armor, look how sharp the helms and shoulders look, then the texture itself for the body mesh looks like the low res setting?

I've never understood this either. My shoulders looks awesome & high res, but my robe looks ugly with all the low res. It just looks silly to have 2 kind of res on the same set.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I still hate that the reward for the Holiday Event quests (310% Flyer) was a drake. IMO it should have been a 310% Land/Air combo mount. Like a winged horse, or a ghost horse or something cooler.

I love the 310% thing, but I love the whole "one mount for all" thing more.

Which is why I maintain that the HH mount is the BEST mount in game for utility.

I got mine on the first kill after it was added. The people in my group let me have it "First" figuring the drop rate must be decent since it dropped on the first kill.....

None of them have it to this day...ouch :lol

I love mine :)

Xabora

ZombieSupaStar said:
This is the 2x resolution for skin based textures.
Normal res is around 128x64, 256x256 (combined U & L), and 256x128 (Single U or L)..
The new res is 256x128, 512x512 (combined U & L), and 512x256 (Single U or L).

Yes other variations, but thats about the res.

Entropia said:
Might wanna change up the enchant on your sword? Titanium Weapon Chain is something you put on your Red Sword of Courage.

Get Mongoose on that thing, stat.

Also, you're over 540 Defense. Get rid of the Defense enchant on the shield, get +18 Stamina. Get rid of the defense enchant on your chest, get +275 Health.

Yea I've been looking for another sword enchant, although I wasn't really considering moongoose; was looking more at Blood Draining or Blade Ward.

Magnus

I'm hoping all this relatively lackluster t10 means that they're saving all the awesome for the as-yet-unrevealed Priest and Shaman sets, my main and alt respectively. :lol :lol

Man, I was really hoping these t10 sets would be amazing, iconic, something on the level of tier 2 or some of the t5/6 designs.

This is Icecrown, the raid and gear and enemies and environments and amazing shit that some of us have been waiting four years for, that some of us started playing this game for. It's disappointing to see uninspiring art design for it.

I know it's just gear and it sounds like I'm making a big deal out of this, but let's face it: one of the primary reasons to play this game is to develop a character and make them grow and change. How a character looks is a big part of that.

I absolutely loved the shit out of t5 and t8 priest designs, for the record.

Fox the Sly

Magnus said:
I'm hoping all this relatively lackluster t10 means that they're saving all the awesome for the as-yet-unrevealed Priest and Shaman sets, my main and alt respectively. :lol :lol

Man, I was really hoping these t10 sets would be amazing, iconic, something on the level of tier 2 or some of the t5/6 designs.

This is Icecrown, the raid and gear and enemies and environments and amazing shit that some of us have been waiting four years for, that some of us started playing this game for. It's disappointing to see uninspiring art design for it.

I know it's just gear and it sounds like I'm making a big deal out of this, but let's face it: one of the primary reasons to play this game is to develop a character and make them grow and change. How a character looks is a big part of that.

Agreed.

Swag

Magnus said:

Took the words right out of my mouth, although the warlock set doesn't look that bad, the face on the head piece kinda reminds me of Ner'Zhul artwork

mclem

border said:
If someone else gets the Horseman's mount, is it possible to buy it off them as with any other BoP item?
I got the helm yesterday. I would like to know this; I already have the horse, but I'm just thinking it would be awesome to roll need on it anyway, and if I win, click the helm to make the evil laugh. Then give it to the actual winner, of course, I'm not *that* evil.

Macattk15

Killed Anub in ToGC 25 last night finally. Thank god.

Went and one shot Yogg+0 after a multitude of attempts previously right after. Guess we were riding high after the Anub kill.

Weenerz

Banned
Awesome job. We're working our way through Anub ToGC ourselves, best we've gotten is 24% before it all fell apart. I expect a kill this week.

Kyoufu

Macattk15 said:

Went and one shot Yogg+0 after a multitude of attempts previously right after. Guess we were riding high after the Anub kill.

Congratulations. We've only gotten to P3 but I'm very confident we will kill it within the next week or two.

TomServo

Sebulon3k said:
Took the words right out of my mouth, although the warlock set doesn't look that bad, the face on the head piece kinda reminds me of Ner'Zhul artwork

The pointy hat kind of kills it for me.

I'll reserve final judgement until I see it on my toon. I wasn't a fan of t8 when I first saw it on MMO Champion, but it's since become by favorite warlock tier set.

Macattk15

Kyoufu said:
Congratulations. We've only gotten to P3 but I'm very confident we will kill it within the next week or two.

Good luck. Everything went to hell in a hand basket around 3% ... people dying all over the place. Was very far from a clean kill haha, but a kill nonetheless.

Tonight we'll probably go in there and one shot ... like what happens with all tough bosses after you beat them once (with the same group of people).

Mr Pockets said:
I still hate that the reward for the Holiday Event quests (310% Flyer) was a drake. IMO it should have been a 310% Land/Air combo mount. Like a winged horse, or a ghost horse or something cooler.

Which is why I maintain that the HH mount is the BEST mount in game for utility.
I think I'm missing something. Isn't the 310% mount 100% on land? And isn't 100% on land the fastest you can get??

Wrekt

I got my violet proto drake last night! Now I can fly to the meeting stones way faster than my group
and then wait for one of them to show up so we can summon the three that for some reason are afk in zones like Azshara.

Mr Pockets said:

I got mine on the first kill after it was added. The people in my group let me have it "First" figuring the drop rate must be decent since it dropped on the first kill.....

None of them have it to this day...ouch :lol

I love mine :)

I know the feeling. The HH mount is the best mount by far for utility. And with a Paladin the crusader aura makes it faster than a 310% mount on a non crusader aura using player. I won the mount last night after killing the HH over 100 times within the past 2 years. I only saw the reins drop twice. It feels good man.

The VERY Dark One

nataku

Wrekt said:
By "rocks" you must mean "the worst zone in the game. Even worse than Blades Edge."

:lol

I like Azshara. Gorgeous zone.

Blade's Edge is by far the worst zone in the game, especially if you don't have a flying mount.

I like Azshara as well. It's a very peaceful zone that has some really interesting locales and architecture, it gets a bad rap due to the lack of quests and difficulty getting back up the cliffs. In vanilla WoW I would grind demons out there occasionally or do some herb picking while picking up my weekly Aqual Quintessence. If they fleshed out the zone some it would've been fantastic, hence why I can't wait for Cataclysm.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Macattk15 said:

Grats man!

A bunch of people just left my guild saying "GO PLAY A BOOMKIN" before gquitting.

Our GM is a Boomkin who is 1) bad at being a boomkin, 2) a bad player in general, 3)A bad GM.

I don't think our guild will even be doing reg ToC-25 this week:lol

Wrekt

funkmastergeneral said:
I like Azshara as well. It's a very peaceful zone that has some really interesting locales and architecture, it gets a bad rap due to the lack of quests and difficulty getting back up the cliffs. In vanilla WoW I would grind demons out there occasionally or do some herb picking while picking up my weekly Aqual Quintessence. If they fleshed out the zone some it would've been fantastic, hence why I can't wait for Cataclysm.
The look of Azshara is fantastic. My biggest problem comes from the fact that there are about 20 total quests for each side in the entire zone and one of the quest hubs is wwwaaayyy up in the far north-eastern corner of the map. There is no way to get to it or from it quickly and once you get there, there are like 3 possible quests and they all involve you swimming to the middle of the sea.

And yes, the ramp leading from the beach to the cliffs is retarded. There are so many coves that let you get about 10 feet from to the top of the cliffs without actually letting you get back up there. Would it have been so OP to have multiple ramps leading back to the main part of the zone?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Lamonster said:
I think I'm missing something. Isn't the 310% mount 100% on land? And isn't 100% on land the fastest you can get??
The Headless Horseman's mount can fly in Flight Zones and is also regular 100% mount that can be summoned in non-flight zones, such as Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
*ahem*

Blizzard said:
Azshara in Cataclysm

When Cataclysm is released, Azshara will finally be a fully quested zone, complete with lore and other coolness.

Ashodin

funkmastergeneral said:
That's why I said I can't wait for Cataclysm to be released, because they'll be fleshing out cool zones like Azshara.
Only because it fits the zone. Azshara is one of the Naga infested territories of Kalimdor, and they feature big into Cataclysm.

Angry Grimace

I don't know why people care about armor models so much. I can only really see the head (which I never show helm on, anyways) the cape and the weapon 90% of the time.

Angry Grimace

Weenerz said:
Shoulders are crucial to the look of your character!
I meant to say shoulders too. I have those awful T9 plate shoulders, but I haven't thought about them for more than 20 seconds after I got them. And I wasn't pissed off because I was happy to get the kickass 2 pc. set bonus. :lol

Let's hope this week I don't lose the roll on another Trophy of the Crusade with a roll of 96. I believe I also lost the roll on a Crusader Orb with a roll of 93. I wasn't as pissed about the Trophy though because it would take me at least two weeks to farm the badges (I have ~27 or so) and I still have ilvl 200 rings :lol

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I guess it won't be a problem in Cataclysm since we'll be able to fly in EK/Kal but they really should have made all flying mounts like the HH mount. Just summon it in stormwind and it only looks like your drake, even if it can't fly.

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
Tuesday, my man. Maintenence. I think it's an extended one too.

What are the times for maintenance in the US? Whenever I read in this thread that there's maintenance I always try to log in and it works just fine for me.

Am I special :lol ?

Angry Grimace said:
The Headless Horseman's mount can fly in Flight Zones and is also regular 100% mount that can be summoned in non-flight zones, such as Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
ahhhh makes sense. Thanks!

The Lamonster said:
I have a bunch of Saronite Ore. Would it be more profitable for me to smelt it into Saronite Bars before putting them up on the AH?
Anybody?

The Lamonster said:

Anybody?

I don't think it makes sense to smelt and AH it. The AH Deposit is much higher and you're selling to a much smaller user base, thus giving yourself more opportunity to eat the AH deposit. Saronite ore has more inherent worth because you can prospect it.

But really it depends on your server.

Xabora

Maxrpg said:

Boub deleted my post in the mega pally t10 thread and put his in.

paladint10_early.jpg

funkmastergeneral said:
I don't think it makes sense to smelt and AH it. The AH Deposit is much higher and you're selling to a much smaller user base, thus giving yourself more opportunity to eat the AH deposit. Saronite ore has more inherent worth because you can prospect it.

But really it depends on your server.
Totally makes sense, thanks! :D

Angry Grimace

The Lamonster said:

Anybody?
The reason they dont' make more of them is because for whatever reason Blizzard has problems making them act right in both capacities as full ground mount and Flying mount; i.e. the Horseman's Mount runs really weird for some reason.

border

Well I don't think it's a coincidence that the only mounts the work as flight and land mounts are the ones that have exactly the same flying animation as their running animation (Broomstick, Headless Horseman's Mount). I suppose they could have done something similar with the Magic Carpet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom