• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabora

Once I get my PC back together I'll start taking requests for addon modifications.
(Kinda suffered a HDD WTF Failure from bad sectors and running on my backup OS right now.)

So more stuff like this!
Updated this Modification of DoTimer on request of someone else, but here ya go.
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hywm4tjtwtn/DoTimer_v18.6_MODDED+Options.zip

In Use:
t725ht.jpg

Added Options:
neaogl.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Rakshata

Aight, I've finally hit the defense cap, but it seems I have a lot less HP than most tanks I've run with. 540 defense, about 26k HP and 35% avoidance. Think I can tank heroics? I would think so since most of the stuff I'm using I've gotten from them. Yes, I know my trinkets blow.

And any suggestions on "easy" instances to learn my tanking rotation on? I'm thinking Heroic Utgarde and Violet Hold might be good places, maybe even Azjol-Nerub.

border

Fuck, now the main thing that makes me feel special as a warlock is dead. I figured the "Teleport everyone to the dungeon" button would be something for the guild talent trees in Cataclysm.

Can you disable cross realm LFG if you so chose? Do you still get the "Enter Dungeon" button if you do so?

border said:
Fuck, now the main thing that makes me feel special as a warlock is dead. I figured the "Teleport everyone to the dungeon" button would be something for the guild talent trees in Cataclysm.

See this is something I thought as well. Maybe its PTR only to save time?

Tamanon

Banned
StormyTheRabbit said:
See this is something I thought as well. Maybe its PTR only to save time?

Nah, because they're cross-server instances now. There's no possible way to summon someone if they're on a completely different server.

Xabora

Tamanon said:
Nah, because they're cross-server instances now. There's no possible way to summon someone if they're on a completely different server.
BINGO!

And said feature should only be available for cross-realm PUGs anyhow.

Btw the reward is 68gold for a 100% pure pugged group.
And if its repeatable. 884gold a day. D:

border

Xabora said:
Btw te reward is 68gold for a 100% pure pugged group.
And its its repeatable. 884gold a day. D:

Pure pugged group with randomly selected dungeon. The intent is to let players find groups for dungeons that are not the daily quest I guess. The problem is that people are going to be banging the button, treating it like a slot machine until they get the instance that they want.

Old Kingdom? Abandon group.
Occulus? Abandon group.
Halls of Stone? Abandon group.
Trial of the Champion? BINGO!

The daily quest needs to lock you in to the first dungeon you are assigned to, otherwise there's really no point in it being random. People will just pick and choose.

Epix

Xabora said:
Once I get my PC back together I'll start taking requests for addon modifications.
(Kinda suffered a HDD WTF Failure from bad sectors and running on my backup OS right now.)
Dude, do you think you can modify EBB (Elkano's Buff Bars) to only show the debuffs I put on the target?

Cipherr

border said:

Can you disable cross realm LFG if you so chose? Do you still get the "Enter Dungeon" button if you do so?

Sucks yeah, I wish (selfishly) that this teleport button only showed if you had a lock, otherwise people had to hoof it. Ill miss being the class that brings that so much.

Now the only use for it is when someone forgets to repair for the run and breaks gear halfway through and hearths to visit a blacksmith and gets summoned back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just totally raged on some poor girl :lol

Was in a Ony 25 with guildies and a bunch of (turns out, terribad) PUGgers. This druid just keeps dropping snide, douchey comments about everything, none more so because the raid leader decides to briefly explain where the tanks are setting up during P2, and which healers are on who. Predictably, druid somehow manages to pull aggro, dies, angrily blames the raid leader, power-whispers our druids for B-Rez, dies again, and then ragequits.

At my breaking point, I unload on her for being a whiny bitch and how I'm glad I don't have to hear her bitch anymore, apparently to her boyfriend, who then also ragequits. I dunno, something about people who drain the fun out of things just makes me rage like no one's business :lol (I did apologize to her later, because it wasn't cool to rage on someone even if they were being a jerkoff the whole time)

At least I didn't do what one of our healers did about 5 minutes after; when a girl in the group spoke up about something in Ventrilo, he goes in guild chat "What the hell kind of accent is that?!" My response being, "...maybe you should ask her, since she just joined the guild last weekend." :lol

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
At least I didn't do what one of our healers did about 5 minutes after; when a girl in the group spoke up about something in Ventrilo, he goes in guild chat "What the hell kind of accent is that?!" My response being, "...maybe you should ask her, since she just joined the guild last weekend." :lol

:lol :lol So Good

Raging is always fun, but I tend not to rage so much in WoW because I expect a certain % of the population to just be bad / Jerks. I always try to give some advice prior to raging on anyone though, I once had a Ret Pala dpsing with Righteous Fury on, and he legitimately had no clue what he was doing wrong. Explained to him the error of his ways and he became a better player because of it.

Props to you for being the bigger man and apologising later :D

mcrae

Angry Grimace said:

i dont understand this at all. why is it funny?

Wrekt

My insider info is saying that the Pally set that leaked isn't the correct set. He isn't part of the art team so things may change, but there is still hope for all the pallies that don't like the leaked t10.

Guild got the Knock Knock Knock On Wood Freya hard mode last night. I thought it would be hard but we only wiped once.

Then we moved on to Mimiron's hard mode but only got in a couple tries before folks had to leave. If people follow directions/pay attention I think we can get it, but damn it sure looks annoying.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bah, too bad my Rogue isn't all the way to 80 yet. Last nights alt-run of ToC-10 dropped the Lion's Maw (2.6 speed Axe) and a Westfall Saber (1.5 speed sword). They were disenchanted.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anyone see the new screenshots on MMO-Champ regarding the last fight in ICC?

I don't know if we highlight spoilers in this thread, but I will just in case.

There's a new room that's called Frostmourne, some people called it earlier where a phase of the fight looks like you get sucked into frostmourne. Possibly to fight Bolvar or Frostmourne itself?

LAUGHTREY said:
Anyone see the new screenshots on MMO-Champ regarding the last fight in ICC?

I don't know if we highlight spoilers in this thread, but I will just in case.

There's a new room that's called Frostmourne, some people called it earlier where a phase of the fight looks like you get sucked into frostmourne. Possibly to fight Bolvar or Frostmourne itself?

Wouldn't you be more likely to fight
DK Saurfang in there, considering during Wrathgate he was sucked into the blade
?

Angry Grimace

Pet peeve #2: Why don't items over a certain item level disenchant into more than one Abyss Crystal?! /rant

Wrekt

Angry Grimace said:
Pet peeve #2: Why don't items over a certain item level disenchant into more than one Abyss Crystal?! /rant
I don't know but Abyss Crystal prices are fucking retarded. 70g for 1 when the average enchant needs like 4? Die.

Angry Grimace

Wrekt said:
I don't know but Abyss Crystal prices are fucking retarded. 70g for 1 when the average enchant needs like 4? Die.
I had ~50 of them for a while since they had gotten so cheap from ToC runs. But I guess the prices went back to crazy since everyone realized ToC-5 fucking sucks. :lol

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Outdoor Miner said:
Wouldn't you be more likely to fight
DK Saurfang in there, considering during Wrathgate he was sucked into the blade
?

I think it's kinda all bets are off at this point since in the Yogg Saron room you see both of them both with bodies and apparently souls intact.

I was just making a new theory that
Saurfang the Younger is the 'Deathbringer' boss and killing him puts Saurfang into a rage and that's why we get into our airships and start fighting eachother.

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
What have they done to you Fordring? They gave you a skirt. ;[
Isn't that the Paladin T10?

I mean, if you go into ICC, Darion Mograine is wearing the T10 DK suit...

Magnus

laserbeam said:
Looks nice but in no way matches the overall design goal for Icecrown tier gear.

Priests are the last class that has a right to bitch about shitty gear design.

I hear you. I really wanted every class' set to be awesome for Icecrown of all raiding tiers though. Blizzard should have brought their absolute A-game to this round of sets, and instead, half the classes look like they're in blues.

Angry Grimace

Magnus said:
I hear you. I really wanted every class' set to be awesome for Icecrown of all raiding tiers though. Blizzard should have brought their absolute A-game to this round of sets, and instead, half the classes look like they're in blues.
Eye of the beholder. I'm sure someone, somewhere thinks it's cool.

mcrae

Atrophis said:
Anybody play WOW on Windows 7? Does it run ok?

im playing with a nvideia 8800 GT, pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 1280x800 on a 24"screen, with windows 7 32bit.... im only getting about 15 fps, and it drops lower than that often. but its not much worse than what i was getting with xp.

edit: ok what the fuck, i just switched it to 1920x1200 and i get 35fps now.. thats how that works? lol okay

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Angry Grimace said:
Isn't that the Paladin T10?

I mean, if you go into ICC, Darion Mograine is wearing the T10 DK suit...

Paladin T10 is so close to being cool though, just lower the faceplate and give it pants.

Hell someone posted a picture in this thread from the ptr with pants instead of a dress. Why dresses?

Angry Grimace

mcrae said:
im playing with a nvideia 8800 GT, pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 1280x800 on a 24"screen, with windows 7 32bit.... im only getting about 15 fps, and it drops lower than that often. but its not much worse than what i was getting with xp.

edit: ok what the fuck, i just switched it to 1920x1200 and i get 35fps now.. thats how that works? lol okay
Why were you running 1280x800 if you have a 24" monitor? :lol

That's like watching youtube videos on a 70" plasma. Was it because your framerate was bad? My framerate only gets bad during one scenario = 25 man Onyxia with 2 waves of whelps + everysingle AoE effect up at the same time.

mcrae

Angry Grimace said:
Why were you running 1280x800 if you have a 24" monitor? :lol

That's like watching youtube videos on a 70" plasma. Was it because your framerate was bad? My framerate only gets bad during one scenario = 25 man Onyxia with 2 waves of whelps + everysingle AoE effect up at the same time.

you know, i dont think i even tried it at the full resolution, because i automatically assumed that a smaller resolution would result in a better framerate.

at the same time i used to be able to run MC, BWL with 40 peeps on this rig, on a.. 19" widescreen i think it was, so i don't know why I assumed my hardware had downgraded itself, lol.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
LAUGHTREY said:
Hell someone posted a picture in this thread from the ptr with pants instead of a dress. Why dresses?
Because kilts rock, that's why. Ask any male Shaman or Druid whether they'd prefer skirts or pants and I'm sure the vote for donning the skirt would be unanimous. Not our fault that Paladins cannot get over petty sexuality issues.

Another example would be Mage, Priest and Warlocks on the topic of tunic & pants vs. robes.

speedpop said:
Because kilts rock, that's why. Ask any male Shaman or Druid whether they'd prefer skirts or pants and I'm sure the vote for donning the skirt would be unanimous. Not our fault that Paladins cannot get over petty sexuality issues.

Another example would be Mage, Priest and Warlocks on the topic of tunic & pants vs. robes.

I wish DKs got kilts. We had it on our starting gear. Wtf blizz, bring it back!

Magnus

You know, I'd actually semi-dig the Priest t10 if it got a severe palette swap. Black, white and gold instead of the purple and red.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
speedpop said:

:lol

That's hardly it, it just doesn't make sense to have a plate dress. How are you supposed to mount your charger?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Wrekt said:
I sell them for 25g on my server and I frequently get hateful tells and mail about it. :lol

"You are ruining the economy"

"You are taking money away from me"

blah blah blah.

I get TONS of them from solo stuff and I just sell them to people who need or to occasionally clean out my stockpile a bit (currently have 117 in the bank...give or take a stack)

Angry Grimace

LAUGHTREY said:
:lol

That's hardly it, it just doesn't make sense to have a plate dress. How are you supposed to mount your charger?
I think the idea is that there are regular plate legs underneath the battle-kilt.

Okay I'm gonna sound like a dumbass but this "tier" stuff is arena rewards, correct?

How does one get started in the arena and would I have to be all geared out beforehand with dungeon drops?

Tamanon

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Okay I'm gonna sound like a dumbass but this "tier" stuff is arena rewards, correct?

How does one get started in the arena and would I have to be all geared out beforehand with dungeon drops?

Nah, Tier stuff is the different sets of gear from raids or emblems.

http://www.wowhead.com/?itemsets&filter=cl=6#0-2+1

Like there's the different Death Knight teirs. There are some arena ones, but a majority come out with each new raid. mainly known for their looks and the fact that they have bonuses if you have more pieces.

You can buy some tier gear from vendors in Dalaran using emblems you get from heroic dungeons. If you were to want to get started in Arena, the best place to gear up for that is Wintergrasp.

border

Mr Pockets said:
I sell them for 25g on my server and I frequently get hateful tells and mail about it. :lol

"You are ruining the economy"

"You are taking money away from me"

blah blah blah.

I get TONS of them from solo stuff and I just sell them to people who need or to occasionally clean out my stockpile a bit (currently have 117 in the bank...give or take a stack)

Will you please take a screenshot of the next hatemail you get and post it here for us? I love the idea of trolling by Auction House undercutting....

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
border said:
Will you please take a screenshot of the next hatemail you get and post it here for us? I love the idea of trolling by Auction House undercutting....

It's probably not that funny, and you're not really contributing anything to the way the game works by undercutting that much.

If making other people mad is your cup of tea, by all means. Just don't forget the lunch your mom packed on your way to high school.

border

If he's selling for literally 1/3 of the going rate and people are whining, they are idiots because they could just as easily buy up his auctions and sell at an insane profit margin.

Anyone on a PVP server is pretty much playing with the hope of pissing someone off and giving them a hard time, so really let's not pretend that there's really a high ground to take here. That said, there is plenty of pleasure in just being able to manipulate an economy.....bitter tears are merely an amusing side effect.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
border said:
If he's selling for literally 1/3 of the going rate and people are whining, they are idiots because they could just as easily buy up his auctions and sell at an insane profit margin.

Anyone on a PVP server is pretty much playing with the hope of pissing someone off and giving them a hard time, so really let's not pretend that there's really a high ground to take here. That said, there is plenty of pleasure in just being able to manipulate an economy.....bitter tears are merely an amusing side effect.

Whatever it takes to justify your social defect, it doesn't matter to me.

You know that PVP servers are optional but the AH is kinda mandatory right?

Angry Grimace

LAUGHTREY said:
It's probably not that funny, and you're not really contributing anything to the way the game works by undercutting that much.

If making other people mad is your cup of tea, by all means. Just don't forget the lunch your mom packed on your way to high school.
I always need more money. I make a reasonable amount per day by selling Dragon's Eye's since I very rarely actually need them, and the gem recipes I need I get someone else to cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom