• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
vzwln5.jpg

First run, after I replace that crappy Battlemaster's Trink with Greatness. I love how often that motherfucker procs :lol

6550 is the highest I've done on a non Onyxia boss. I'm sure the "8K minimum" guy thinks I'm terrible though (I only have one 245 piece, a belt) :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
Meh, I never even look at dps meters. Total damage done is where its at.
Well, it's Koralon.

I'm sure you can imagine it. o_O

So question. As an anal player, I like to match gems to my gem sockets color. Someone was giving me shit for using the "spell power" gem that has Agi and Stam on my rogue, just to fill in the blue or purp slots.

Thoughts?

It gave me a complex :(

Tamanon

Banned
Infinitemadness said:
So question. As an anal player, I like to match gems to my gem sockets color. Someone was giving me shit for using the "spell power" gem that has Agi and Stam on my rogue, just to fill in the blue or purp slots.

Thoughts?

It gave me a complex :(

I don't get the "spell power" reference, but only match sockets if the socket bonus is worth it. Or if you need a certain color for your meta gem(like the dam 2 blues for increased crit damage)

Whatever is your best stat (for me as a hunter it was agil) you gem that and nothing else. The set gains are almost allways worse than having 2 of your bests.
The only exception is when you need ot reach hit cap or whatever rogues need (expertise?) but even then you gem till cap then switch to your best.

Aslo any gem can go in any slot. youd be suprised how many dont know that..

Tamanon said:
I don't get the "spell power" reference, but only match sockets if the socket bonus is worth it. Or if you need a certain color for your meta gem(like the dam 2 blues for increased crit damage)

I guess cuz the gems are purple gems, most commonly used for spell power. The stats on the ones I use have Agility and Stamina.

Check me out, recommended changes?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Obriens

Also, shit that makes me not care what people think; we got Tribute to skill last night. I got a new MH from the tribute chest. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48712

edit: I'm not an idiot, I play my class damn well. Just everynow and then I need reassurance like some insecure boyfriend to wow or something :p

Tamanon

Banned
Infinitemadness said:
I guess cuz the gems are purple gems, most commonly used for spell power. The stats on the ones I use have Agility and Stamina.

Also, shit that makes me not care what people think; we got Tribute to skill last night. I got a new MH from the tribute chest. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48712

I don't see any problem really, although I'd rather have agility than attack power gems. I mean even the ones where you're socketing agi/stam, your socket bonus makes up all but 1 or 2 points. But I haven't played a rogue in a while so I'm sure you could do a bit better.:lol

Of course you've still got some blue gems to replace.

Infinitemadness said:

edit: I'm not an idiot, I play my class damn well. Just everynow and then I need reassurance like some insecure boyfriend to wow or something :p

The only time I could see a rogue using a blue gem is to activate your meta

Tamanon said:
I don't see any problem really, although I'd rather have agility than attack power gems. I mean even the ones where you're socketing agi/stam, your socket bonus makes up all but 1 or 2 points. But I haven't played a rogue in a while so I'm sure you could do a bit better.:lol

Of course you've still got some blue gems to replace.

Yea, gold is tight right now. Everytime I mean to upgrade those on the belt, I get a new 245 piece and enchanting mats aren't cheap on my server. Same for gems. I don't run heroics anymore due to lack of time, so I can't purchase them via badges anymore.

And you're right funk..and the others who contributed. When I get some gold I'll swap those out for raw Agi. I only need 1 blue gem for my meta.

zam

Infinitemadness said:
Yea, gold is tight right now. Everytime I mean to upgrade those on the belt, I get a new 245 piece and enchanting mats aren't cheap on my server. Same for gems. I don't run heroics anymore due to lack of time, so I can't purchase them via badges anymore.

And you're right funk..and the others who contributed. When I get some gold I'll swap those out for raw Agi. I only need 1 blue gem for my meta.
Just use the +10 stats gem to activate the meta, much better than the purple gems, especially for a rogue

Insured

zam said:
Just use the +10 stats gem to activate the meta, much better than the purple gems, especially for a rogue
This would be the reason that guy gave you shit about it :p

Generally people change to the other +3% crit metagem, that requires one blue & one yellow, and go +10stats gem on one slot (wherever the socket bonus would be best)

Macattk15

yacobod said:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Kavosa

is my now retired hunter, i'd post some meters and what not, but geared out mm hunters can absolutely rape single target bosses, like on heroic 25m twins i used to push 9-10k dps catching balls

I also put up insane numbers on them ... due to the empowered crap and because they seem to have by far the lowest Armor in the game. Think I did 12k Tuesday night in the fight.

yacobod

Banned
Macattk15 said:
I also put up insane numbers on them ... due to the empowered crap and because they seem to have by far the lowest Armor in the game. Think I did 12k Tuesday night in the fight.

ya i was always curious what i would break if i was able to tunnel vision dps instead of shagging balls, i know with the buffs my piercing shot bleeds tick for over 3k on that fight, its pretty retarded

VaLiancY

yacobod said:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Kavosa

is my now retired hunter, i'd post some meters and what not, but geared out mm hunters can absolutely rape single target bosses, like on heroic 25m twins i used to push 9-10k dps catching balls

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Valyeezy

I'm always doing 5.5k dps overall and I see random logs of Hunters doing 6k or 7k and I'm just "WTF am I doing wrong?" :lol

Edit - Fuck yeah, FemOrc Hunter.

Fularu

Banned
Iadien said:
Is there anything I can do to get around groups that require achievement links? I'm finding it more and more difficult to find groups as I get to the "harder" content. I joined a group for Heroic Oculus earlier as a tank, and I was kicked because I had never completed the instance. I eventually join a different group and we cleared the instance without much trouble. I've raided in EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, etc. I'm sure that makes a difference, but these encounters are not challenging so far, the biggest challenge is trying to find a damn group that will give me a chance to tank.

I think "underachiever" lets you fake achievement links. But pugs are pugs, they're prety bad and most of the time, the DPS AND the healer want to be carried by the tank.

Sometimes, to play with them, I stand in my dps gear (which nets me about 27k hp) and they start to talk about replacing me (people forget we did those instances with 22k hp in lvl 70 epics/questing blues back in november 08)

yacobod

Banned
VaLiancY said:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Valyeezy

I'm always doing 5.5k dps overall and I see random logs of Hunters doing 6k or 7k and I'm just "WTF am I doing wrong?" :lol

Edit - Fuck yeah, FemOrc Hunter.

ya fem orcs are awesome imo

probably just gear difference tho and how optimized your raid group is, often times those high dps numbers are a product of how fast the overall kill is, the longer the fight drags on your dps suffers accordingly

or maybe ur rotation? i cant imagine messing up the mm rotation tho, Srs, AiS, CS, SSx4 and repeat, are u using arcane shot by any chance?

also make a macro to use Blood Fury + Rapid Fire, etc

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
1up said:
You are horde on Runetotem? Good to see another on these forums. My main Vazjin is on there.

I'm Aelania horde side and Pearlwind alliance side. Holy priest and prot warrior respectively. If you look me up, my warrior doesn't have talent points since they refunded everyone's while I wasn't playing and I haven't bothered respecing her since I've come back. Oh well.

Angry Grimace

Fularu said:
I think "underachiever" lets you fake achievement links. But pugs are pugs, they're prety bad and most of the time, the DPS AND the healer want to be carried by the tank.

Sometimes, to play with them, I stand in my dps gear (which nets me about 27k hp) and they start to talk about replacing me (people forget we did those instances with 22k hp in lvl 70 epics/questing blues back in november 08)
The dumb part is, when you get a faceroll tank it's boring as hell from a healing standpoint.

I tend to heal Heroics as Disc, and my PW:S absorbs like 11K before it pops. I usually just bubble again before they take any damage :lol These days i've taken to Penanceing mobs to fill some time.

VaLiancY

yacobod said:

probably just gear difference tho and how optimized your raid group is, often times those high dps numbers are a product of how fast the overall kill is, the longer the fight drags on your dps suffers accordingly

or maybe ur rotation? i cant imagine messing up the mm rotation tho, Srs, AiS, CS, SSx4 and repeat, are u using arcane shot by any chance?

I'm using Arcane since I lack the ArP. And I macro all of my cooldowns to most of my hard hitting shots so I can have them up when the CDs are finished. I take the MM rotation over the hectic SV rotation anyday.

border

Is there an iPhone app or even maybe a website that will tell you who controls Wintergrasp on your server? I've resolved only to level my DK when I can get the maximum XP bonus, but it's kind of a hassle just to log in to the game to see if Essence of Wintergrasp is up.

(10% heirloom + 10% heirloom + 5% Wintergrasp) x 200% rested XP = level 80 before Sholozar (hopefully)

VaLiancY

Tier 10 Armor Sets have been updated physically.

The new Paladin set looks like an upgrade over their Arena armor and I'm not complaining since I think those set were very fitting for the setting of the game and just overall awesome.

And the Priest gets a hood now.:lol

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:

The new Paladin set looks like an upgrade over their Arena armor and I'm not complaining since I think those set were very fitting for the setting of the game and just overall awesome.

Wha???? People don't like this?

huge-pa.jpg

I think it looks badass.

1up

yacobod said:

Can I get a reasoning on not using arcane shot? What glyphs do you use? Is there a certain amount of armor pen you need before you stop using arcane shot?

I've been out the game for two months now and am looking on upgrading my dps on my hunter.

Also, Valiancy, dont let your pet auto cast Call of the Wild. Macro that in too! I was so suprised how many hunters let their pets cast that whenever its up.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
VaLiancY said:

Holy shit, priest gear is boring as all hell. I would kill to have the previous gear they were talking about. I believe there was a sketch a page or two back.

VaLiancY

WoW's Art team must be donating time to the other games Blizzard has cooking up, the lack of imagination is starting to show. The only dress that looked good on a Paladin was the Judgement set.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
VaLiancY said:
WoW's Art team must be donating time to the other games Blizzard has cooking up, the lack of imagination is starting to show. The only dress that looked good on a Paladin was the Judgement set.

That's why they keep making dresses.

'We had a dress for T2, and everybody loved that!'

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
I would have run out of ideas a long time ago too though.

I'm not saying the priest set looks bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if one piece has "equip: turns the priest into a warlock" on it.

funkmastergeneral said:
Sarcasm? I would assume that damage is from the shadowfiend of a healing priest.

Perhaps I should have put a spoiler tagged lol after it or something.

Angry Grimace

jim-jam bongs said:
I'm not saying the priest set looks bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if one piece has "equip: turns the priest into a warlock" on it.

Perhaps I should have put a spoiler tagged lol after it or something.
Shadow Priests are already Warlocks aren't they?

I actually thought up that idea Blizzard ending up using for the Water Elementals, but I thought they'd use it for permanent Shadowfiends that don't return mana.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I haven't seen one armor graphic set I have liked. They're trying to hard or something.

Angry Grimace

I don't personally care what they look like.

Did anyone see how the Lead Encounter Designer and some other GMs were using the "random dungeon" tool on the PTR yesterday?

Lead a 40m group through Molten Core, where at the end they spawned; Algalon, Kil'Jaeden and Illidan Stormrage....and Hogger :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom