• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
VaLiancY said:
Even if they do break themes of the class, it wouldn't bother me so much if they looked as if they came from the same place like Zul'Aman(which I still love to this day).

Heh, well you make a very convincing argument honestly. I do agree that there is some breakage of class themes, but I personally feel that they work well together at least. My main gripe was the suggestion that it's a lack of imagination, rather than an emphasis on consistent design principles, that produced the T10 sets.

Deputy Moonman said:
I finally caved in and spent 10 bucks on Lil'K.T.

Man I can't even remember when I last logged on but I'm tempted to get one too!

Swag

LAUGHTREY said:
Be grateful that only 70-80 is like this also, before Burning crusade it was like that for 20-60.

I know, just this is my third time around, needless to say it's just not as fun as it was when I was doing my first.

Cipherr

Tamanon said:
Another nice little buff for using the new LFG tool

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72221/luck-of-the-draw/

5% increase in damage/healing/health if you get a random person from LFG.

Man if I werent an enchanter I would love the LFG new tool. I just need to drop it and pick up alchemy quickly so I can enjoy it like everyone else.

Oh and Ive been watching the MLG tourneys today and WOW. Beastcleave is absolutely curb stomping the RMP comps. Not even curb stomping, HUMILIATING them. Match starts, Wolves > Bloodlust > Bestial Wrath > Kill target. Ive seen them train and destroy Locks, Priests, Druids and a team just zerged a DK chaining his defensive cooldowns back to back also. They are EATING these teams alive, it is hilarious.

Hands down though the best match Ive seen today was one with two double KO's that resulted in a Mage vs Warlock at the very end. Mage armor up, full mana yadda yadda. Warlock just tooled him. Since waaaaaaay back. Us>them.

Puncture said:
Man if I werent an enchanter I would love the LFG new tool. I just need to drop it and pick up alchemy quickly so I can enjoy it like everyone else.

Oh and Ive been watching the MLG tourneys today and WOW. Beastcleave is absolutely curb stomping the RMP comps. Not even curb stomping, HUMILIATING them. Match starts, Wolves > Bloodlust > Bestial Wrath > Kill target. Ive seen them train and destroy Locks, Priests, Druids and a team just zerged a DK chaining his defensive cooldowns back to back also. They are EATING these teams alive, it is hilarious.

Hands down though the best match Ive seen today was one with two double KO's that resulted in a Mage vs Warlock at the very end. Mage armor up, full mana yadda yadda. Warlock just tooled him. Since waaaaaaay back. Us>them.

I've been switching back and forth from Halo and WoW, and yeah that beast cleave comp looks pretty impressive

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Im tempted to come back again. I heard the scroll of resurrection doesnt work on woltk enabled accounts, confirm/deny ?

Not sure i want to pay for a full month just to test the waters :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Few days late, but it looks like we've got our final lineup of who exactly is in the new Council of Tirisfal.

Broll Bearmantle, Jaina Proudmoore, High Priest Rohan, Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem, Med'an (new Guardian after receiving the powers from Medivh's shade/echo in Karazhan), Scryer Magistrix Dalynnia, Rehgar Earthfury, and Vindicator Marad.

A motley crew consisting of a Night Elf, Human, Dwarf, Tauren, Human-Orc-Draenei mix, Blood Elf, Orc, and a Draenei.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
speedpop said:
Few days late, but it looks like we've got our final lineup of who exactly is in the new Council of Tirisfal.

Broll Bearmantle, Jaina Proudmoore, High Priest Rohan, Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem, Med'an (new Guardian after receiving the powers from Medivh's shade/echo in Karazhan), Scryer Magistrix Dalynnia, Rehgar Earthfury, and Vindicator Marad.

A motley crew consisting of a Night Elf, Human, Dwarf, Tauren, Human-Orc-Draenei mix, Blood Elf, Orc, and a Draenei.
I was sorta hoping Jaina would be the new Lich King.
So we wouldn't have to see her anymore.

Xabora

Melee Macro
/script Recount:CombatLogEvent(nil,GetTime(),"SWING_DAMAGE",UnitGUID("player"),UnitName( "player"),0x511,UnitGUID("target"),UnitName("Target"),0x10a48,1250+random(500),1 ,0,0,0,1,nil,nil);

Spellcaster Macro
/script Recount:CombatLogEvent(nil,GetTime(),"SPELL_DAMAGE",UnitGUID("player"),UnitName( "player"),0x511,UnitGUID("target"),UnitName("Target"),0x10a48,27072,"Frostbolt", 0x10,1975+random(1000),16,0,0,0,1,nil,nil);

Found this today, just going to leave it here.

speedpop

The amount of lore nerds that would have a fit if Proudmoore wasn't in the Council would be catastrophic. "We need a Mage! We need a Mage! It's not a true Council if the world's greatest Mage isn't involved!"

Kandrick said:
Im tempted to come back again. I heard the scroll of resurrection doesnt work on woltk enabled accounts, confirm/deny ?

Not sure i want to pay for a full month just to test the waters :lol

Doesn't :( I wanted to do the same thing awhile back but I caved and spent the £8 and dropped out again after 2 weeks.

Might come back and race change to troll for giggles when the new patch comes.

Door2Dawn

Banned
speedpop said:

I guess we will be fighting this guy in the next expansion then:

Cho%27gall_Issue_20.JPG

zam

Xabora said:
Melee Macro
/script Recount:CombatLogEvent(nil,GetTime(),"SWING_DAMAGE",UnitGUID("player"),UnitName( "player"),0x511,UnitGUID("target"),UnitName("Target"),0x10a48,1250+random(500),1 ,0,0,0,1,nil,nil);

Spellcaster Macro
/script Recount:CombatLogEvent(nil,GetTime(),"SPELL_DAMAGE",UnitGUID("player"),UnitName( "player"),0x511,UnitGUID("target"),UnitName("Target"),0x10a48,27072,"Frostbolt", 0x10,1975+random(1000),16,0,0,0,1,nil,nil);

Found this today, just going to leave it here.
what does that do?

speedpop

Door2Dawn said:
I guess we will be fighting this guy in the next expansion then:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/5/5d/Cho'gall_Issue_20.JPG
Perhaps, but that may depend upon a couple of things:

- The mysteries at play behind (or that has escaped) Uldum.
- Whether the Emerald Dream is introduced during a Cataclysm patch, which is doubtful since Deathwing is being heralded as the main boss of the expansion.

But ultimately who knows where Blizzard will take it. By all accounts it seems to be following this formula; Lich King > Deathwing > Emerald Dream and more Old Gods (with Queen Azshara along for the ride) > Sargeras & the Burning Legion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
speedpop said:
Perhaps, but that may depend upon a couple of things:

- The mysteries at play behind (or that has escaped) Uldum.
- Whether the Emerald Dream is introduced during a Cataclysm patch, which is doubtful since Deathwing is being heralded as the main boss of the expansion.

But ultimately who knows where Blizzard will take it. By all accounts it seems to be following this formula; Lich King > Deathwing > Emerald Dream and more Old Gods (with Queen Azshara along for the ride) > Sargeras & the Burning Legion.
Why don't the Titans just kill Sargeras.

There's like 10 of them and one of him.

Johnlenham said:
Doesn't :( I wanted to do the same thing awhile back but I caved and spent the £8 and dropped out again after 2 weeks.

Might come back and race change to troll for giggles when the new patch comes.
Considering I had it used on my WotLK account just 2 days ago sorta contradicts that. It's basically like 10 free days with WotLK accounts as there don't seem to be any restrictions or anything, like there are for usual trial accounts.

So yeah, came back to game after missing out on 3.2 and 3.2.2. Holy crap www.fakeachievement.com is useful now. What is the point of demanding achievements for stuff like Onyxia or ToC10/25 when the normal modes are some of the easiest raids around these days? I faked my way into a ToC25 (that did fail, sadly), barely knowing the strats and I figured them out during the fight. Northrend beasts is just tank & spank for DPS, with a little bit of RUN AWAY FROM SHIT. Jaraxxus is just run away from shit, DPS add. That's as far as we got, and Faction Champions just looks like "DPS stuff in an order, kgo". Twin Val'kyiers might be harder, looking at the Ikaruga-esque mechanic, but I'd say they're easier than Ulduar easy mode (besides FL and maybe XT).

And who they hell are they to judge my Naxx25-ish gear when I'm out DPSing them by 1k+ (If you're doing less than 5k in Ulduar gear, don't judge people, okay)? Honestly these PUGs are just simply idiotic these days. Back in my day we didn't have this Gearscore or Achievement shit, we just took people and lived with it. And to be honest they were probably better. Fuck I can't wait for the LFG tool. It's going to get rid of this shit (besides raids I guess, which is my main complaint).

Angry Grimace

Orbitcube said:
Considering I had it used on my WotLK account just 2 days ago sorta contradicts that. It's basically like 10 free days with WotLK accounts as there don't seem to be any restrictions or anything, like there are for usual trial accounts.

So yeah, came back to game after missing out on 3.2 and 3.2.2. Holy crap www.fakeachievement.com is useful now. What is the point of demanding achievements for stuff like Onyxia or ToC10/25 when the normal modes are some of the easiest raids around these days? I faked my way into a ToC25 (that did fail, sadly), barely knowing the strats and I figured them out during the fight. Northrend beasts is just tank & spank for DPS, with a little bit of RUN AWAY FROM SHIT. Jaraxxus is just run away from shit, DPS add. That's as far as we got, and Faction Champions just looks like "DPS stuff in an order, kgo". Twin Val'kyiers might be harder, looking at the Ikaruga-esque mechanic, but I'd say they're easier than Ulduar easy mode (besides FL and maybe XT).

And who they hell are they to judge my Naxx25-ish gear when I'm out DPSing them by 1k+ (If you're doing less than 5k in Ulduar gear, don't judge people, okay)? Honestly these PUGs are just simply idiotic these days. Back in my day we didn't have this Gearscore or Achievement shit, we just took people and lived with it. And to be honest they were probably better. Fuck I can't wait for the LFG tool. It's going to get rid of this shit (besides raids I guess, which is my main complaint).
Because people in Onyxia PUGs are retards and do idiot things like get hit by the most obvious attack in teh universe.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah I still have no idea how I still don't have the "She Deep Breaths more" achievement, I don't see how it's actually possible to be hit by the deep breath now without dc'ing in the middle.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Orbitcube said:

I don't really condone needing achievements to get into raids, but what you did is pretty nubby and dickish.

You could have at least gone to tankspot.com and learned the fights instead of ruining their raid. If they want people who have at least done it once then that means they don't want to explain the fights or people who don't have a clue.

You're an idiot.

LAUGHTREY said:
I don't really condone needing achievements to get into raids, but what you did is pretty nubby and dickish.

You could have at least gone to tankspot.com and learned the fights instead of ruining their raid. If they want people who have at least done it once then that means they don't want to explain the fights or people who don't have a clue.

You're an idiot.
And what if I wasn't the person who ruined their raid? I only died once (besides wipes, of course) during the 10 combined attempts through the raid, from getting too close to one of the Jormungars when it came back up. It's really easy with DBM yelling "OMG YOU'RE IN SOMETHING BAD MOVE" as soon as something happens.

If I was joining a raiding guild, yes, I should know the fights and probably have an achievement at this point. But when all the groups ask for an achievement, what the hell am I supposed to do? Just sit here and do heroics for what one could call welfare epics?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Orbitcube said:
And what if I wasn't the person who ruined their raid? I only died once (besides wipes, of course) during the 10 combined attempts through the raid, from getting too close to one of the Jormungars when it came back up. It's really easy with DBM yelling "OMG YOU'RE IN SOMETHING BAD MOVE" as soon as something happens.

If I was joining a raiding guild, yes, I should know the fights and probably have an achievement at this point. But when all the groups ask for an achievement, what the hell am I supposed to do? Just sit here and do heroics for what one could call welfare epics?

I find that highly unlikely, you're just using that as an excuse. Make your own raid or talk to the leader.

Angry Grimace

Mr Pockets said:
yes!!

Finally got my Loremaster achievement!!

Now what do I do? :p
Pity yourself for blowing all the time :lol

Orbitcube said:

I don't have achievements on a lot of my characters. But then again, I usually do on my main.

Now that I've gotten 4pc. T9 and pretty decent equipment, starting to get bored as shit again. It was pretty funny watching Frost Fever and Blood Plague crits on huge Pestilence'd mob packs a la Onyxia, but that was fun for like 20 minutes and now I'm bored.

Magnus

I've never been so bored with WoW as I am right now. I feel like a bit of an ass for ditching a couple of raids here and there, as my guild invested a lot of time in me (for Val'anyr), but 3.2 is just so damned boring.

God, I hope 3.3 makes 2009.

LAUGHTREY said:
I find that highly unlikely, you're just using that as an excuse. Make your own raid or talk to the leader.
True, "all" is a bit of a broad term to use. Would "a large amount" be better? And yes, making your own raid or talking to the leader of the raid would be a better option, and options I admittedly didn't really think of, but isn't it much easier to rage on a forum? :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Magnus said:
I've never been so bored with WoW as I am right now. I feel like a bit of an ass for ditching a couple of raids here and there, as my guild invested a lot of time in me (for Val'anyr), but 3.2 is just so damned boring.

God, I hope 3.3 makes 2009.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't out in the next 4-6 weeks.

speedpop said:
Does that fakeachievement.com thing destroy anything?
Aside from your dignity? No. It's just creates a link to a completed achievement and then substitutes your GUID in so it says your name. Then you just shift-click it into a chat window and there you go.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I still have yet to be actually asked for an achievement before a PUG raid, the only ones who really seem to care are those doing hard modes like Grand Crusader.

speedpop

Orbitcube said:
Aside from your dignity? No. It's just creates a link to a completed achievement and then substitutes your GUID in so it says your name. Then you just shift-click it into a chat window and there you go.
Interesting.

Seeds

Quick question.

Anyone know how to check how much playtime I have left? I ususally did this by logging into wow-europe, but now it just takes my to battle.net and I can't find it there.

Seeds

That's the problem. When I check Account Management on wow-europe, it takes me directly to account management on battle.net.

Edit: Yeah, I can see "game time", as in, I got a gamecard and when i got it. What I can't find is the day it'll expire. Or maybe i remember things wrong and i never saw said info...

TomServo

Please let Icecrown go live SOON.

I've skipped three of the past four raid nights to hang out w/ friends, go to bars, movies, etc. So bored w/ WoW, but WTB Arthas kill before I quit.

Angry Grimace

Are you guys serious with the fake achievement thing?

You don't HAVE to. Most PUG raid leaders are so brain dead that you can link the incomplete achievement and they won't even click on it.

Retro

Shaman Tier 10 is finally revealed (edit: beaten by three minutes, but I actually posted the picture, so NYEH :lol). Looks... surprisingly not terrible. A bit on the Warlock side, maybe, but not too bad.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/3p3/tier10sneak.html

(Click for Hi-res).

Looking at all the tier sets..
Deathknight: Looks a tad generic, but it works for DKs. Passable.
Druid: The face-plate is a little odd, but otherwise ok. Why purple accents, though?
Hunter: Probably my least favorite. Nothing interesting about it except the silly headspike.
Mage: Not exceptionally good, but it works. Would rather see a collar than the helm frill.
Paladin: Looks like DK armor, doesn't say "Paladin" at all, but pallies have had worse.
Priest: Looks more like mage armor. Pretty uninspired.
Rogue: People will bitch about the helm, but the rest looks good. Might need to be darker.
Shaman: Different from the usual shaman sets. Looks the most "Icecrown" of all the sets.
Warlock: Evil Scarecrow. Wasn't too thrilled about it at first, but I can see the appeal.
Warrior: Not terrible, not great. Blizz blew their awesome undead set on Tier 3.

Angry Grimace said:
Cthulu armor?
On a Spacegoat, yeah. For sure, if their rapey-chin protrudes.

That's nice, especially since I'll be able to go back to a kilt with tier 10. Helmet is kind of meh, but leaps and bounds better then shitty tier 9. I love dual wielding two huge 1 handers and looking like a warrior of death.

Magnus

I wonder if those ghost heads will pop out of the shoulders or helm as depicted in the lower part of those t10 shaman shots? Would be reminiscent of the wings on t6 warlock helms.

Angry Grimace

Shaman tier 10 is disapointing compared to 3/7 and 8, in my opinion.

At least Paladin's aren't rocking those hot-plate shoulders anymore though, but the battle dress.....eh.

Retro

Angry Grimace said:
At least Paladin's aren't rocking those hot-plate shoulders anymore though, but the battle dress.....eh.

Yeah, the general consensus amongst Paladins seems to be "Bad, but we've had worse, so we'll deal with it for now and look forward to Cataclysm." Which is looking to be about 8 months or so away at this point... Blizzard better have something amazing planned between ICC (expected before year's end) and Cataclysm. Even the gap between Naxx and Ulduar killed a lot of guilds.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Retro said:
Looking at all the tier sets..
Deathknight: Looks a tad generic, but it works for DKs. Passable.
Druid: The face-plate is a little odd, but otherwise ok. Why purple accents, though?
Hunter: Probably my least favorite. Nothing interesting about it except the silly headspike.
Mage: Not exceptionally good, but it works. Would rather see a collar than the helm frill.
Paladin: Looks like DK armor, doesn't say "Paladin" at all, but pallies have had worse.
Priest: Looks more like mage armor. Pretty uninspired.
Rogue: People will bitch about the helm, but the rest looks good. Might need to be darker.
Shaman: Different from the usual shaman sets. Looks the most "Icecrown" of all the sets.
Warlock: Evil Scarecrow. Wasn't too thrilled about it at first, but I can see the appeal.
Warrior: Not terrible, not great. Blizz blew their awesome undead set on Tier 3.
In case you didn't notice, most of the sets are modeled after Scourge.

Deathknight = The Lich King
Hunter = Anubarak
Mage = Prince Keleseth
Priest = Cultists
Rogues = Geists
Warlocks = Liches
Warriors = Vyrkul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom