• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrekt

Angry Grimace said:
2: Retribution should be able to spec into "Imp. Crusader Strike" which would add a Scourge Strike 3.3-like secondary Holy component to the strike. I'm not really sure on what you'd base such a bonus damage component off though. Perhaps just a static amount which would automatically get increased by Vengeance stacks?

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53382

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wrekt said:
Edit: Wowhead is back up and he's talking about Righteous Vengeance, which adds a DoT on Crits.

Meh. My thought was that I don't really think the Righteous Vengeance DoT makes CS an interesting ability. I like the double-strike effect of SS 3.3 because it has a lot more syngergy within a Death Knight's talent trees and choices and what stats his gear emphasizes than CS does.

Recall I'm only at level 50 and commenting on the leveling experience and I'm not commenting on endgame stuff, so it's possible I just don't know so and so about the class yet.

Angry Grimace said:
Wowhead is down. Tell me what it is. :lol

Recall I'm only at level 50 and commenting on the leveling experience and I'm not commenting on endgame stuff.

Can you link your spec? Mine's a hodgepodge combination of things at the moment (level 30)

I just realized how sad that is. I started this paladin friday night at 11pm and he's level 30 now :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Q. What is the Mohawk Grenade?
A. The Mohawk Grenade is Mr. T's latest invention: an in-game item that, when hurled at another character, gives everyone within the blast radius an instant T-riffic haircut. Don't worry, you and your friends will look gooooood.

Q. Where do I get it?
A. Quit your jibber-jabber and claim your Mohawk Grenades from any of the Night Elf Mohawk NPCs camped outside every starting zone.

Q. What regions are eligible to claim the Mohawk Grenade?
A. North America, Europe and Korea.

Q. Is this a permanent item?
A. Each Mohawk Grenade has five charges before exhausting its power, and you're welcome to claim another once the charges are gone.

Q. How long will the Mohawk Grenade be available in-game?
A. Claim Mohawk Grenades starting November 16th in North America and November 24th in Europe and Korea. They'll be available until... well, until the Night Elf Mohawk decides his work is done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98uDkyzVvSc

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I got to level 35 yesterday on my Druid and I really can't believe at the abilities Blizzard gave them at lvl 32. I could scarcely believe that I have jumped up 3 levels in what amounted to an hour or so of leveling.

Ravage is intense, and Ferocious Bite is ridiculous damage (especially with it crits), plus my finishing moves will proc any 10s nature spell to be cast instantly via talents. I'm dealing out damage that makes other classes weep and I'm healing faster and better than anything else. Absurd.

By the time I hit 40 and get Innervate, I won't need to carry around any damn water to replenish my mana.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, you won't even need innervate once you hit 41/42 when you get improved leader of the pack. It restores mana any time you crit in cat or bear form, so by the end of any fight you're back at full mana just in case.:lol

Macattk15

Xabora said:
Thats the unholy DC Spam build. :p
I tend not to count that since its nothing but insane
but broken
high burst. :p
Plus its being nurfed to oblivion.

Don't forget, Twin Valks is a scaling fight too. :p

Hence why I said "no not just Twin Valks"

WTB Icecrown. SOOOO sick of EVERY instance and it's variations currently.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Thats the unholy DC Spam build. :p
I tend not to count that since its nothing but insane
but broken
high burst. :p
Plus its being nurfed to oblivion.

Don't forget, Twin Valks is a scaling fight too. :p
Man, you REALLY hate "improper" Unholy rotations :lol

Assuming equal gear, Unholy 2H does less damage than either Blood or Frost on single targets, but it's the highest AoE DPS spec in the game and it scales very well and is very easy to do "perfectly."

The only thing that's getting nerfed is the 10 sec. portion of the spec; Unholy as a spec is getting a pretty substantial buff.

johnsmith

remember me
Puncture said:
chartfq.png

Mmmmm whats wrong here, not buying this. This must be cut off or something. Destro isnt higher than Arcane mages on live right now, not even in theoretical 100% optimal scenarios.

Wait whoa, Hunters are above us too, wow that chart is weird. Its missing alot of stuff.

That's the bottom half of the chart.

Here's the top half.

chart.png

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Sarcophagi

I know some of my tank gear is bad and I'm trying to tank heroics but I'm not familiar with what the best gems and enchants are for tanking? With 3.3 coming up, I'm sure dungeons will be a lot more active and the need for tanks will hopefully be the same too.
You'll be pretty shocked at how fast the matching system is if it's working right.

Yaweee

So a month or two ago (whenever the racial transfers opened), my friends transferred from Alliance to almost all Undead, for Will of the Forsaken. They PVP a lot, so the racial bonus was tremendously useful.

Then what happens? They nerf Will of the Forsaken. So now when I start playing again, I have four 70s and one 80 on the same server but wrong faction to play with my friends, who all transferred over something now nerfed.

I might pay to transfer my Druid, or roll a new character, but it sucks to have to pay for each alt I want to transfer.

Yaweee

Tamanon said:
Could be worse, you could've paid $25 to transfer for an extremely minor pvp advantage.

Eh, if you're into competitive PVP like they are, it's probably with the $25 to not lose over stupid shit over and over. As it was before, it was obscene; even with the PTR nerf (if it goes stays through into the 3.3 patch), it's still likely the best racial out there.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
Man, you REALLY hate "improper" Unholy rotations :lol

Assuming equal gear, Unholy 2H does less damage than either Blood or Frost on single targets, but it's the highest AoE DPS spec in the game and it scales very well and is very easy to do "perfectly."

The only thing that's getting nerfed is the 10 sec. portion of the spec; Unholy as a spec is getting a pretty substantial buff.
I Do. ^_^

But looking at Unholy 2H as a viable option right now on 3.3.
If that fails I can always do a 180% back to frost. :p

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tamanon said:
Eh, you won't even need innervate once you hit 41/42 when you get improved leader of the pack. It restores mana any time you crit in cat or bear form, so by the end of any fight you're back at full mana just in case.:lol
That is ridiculous. The only character I ever bothered to hit past lvl 30 was an Elemental Shaman and the downtime in that annoyed me at times.. god forbid you did any quests dealing with Elementals as well.

But I guess the adage is true; don't judge the leveling as a Druid until you hit level 30+

Tamanon

Banned
Hell, Enhancement Shammies are just as fast once they hit 40.

Of course they can't just switch to bear and solo 5-man quests constantly.:lol

Angry Grimace said:
I kind of hope by Cataclysm, they sort out Paladin to make it a little more fun to level; although, to be honest, based on endgame numbers, there's no fucking shortage of people getting Paladin to 80. It's ridiculous.

Kind of continuing what I was saying on the last page (got a little buried at the end of the page so I'm kind of reiterating a bit), here's some things I noticed about leveling a Paladin that could use overhauls/tweaks in Cata:

1: Crusader Strike should be baseline. It's so boring as a talent, but you're mostly standing around auto-attacking while waiting for Judgment to come off CD without it.
A baseline version would be fine in a form weaker than how it is now, i.e. with a 6-8 sec. cooldown rather than 4.

2: Retribution should be able to spec into "Imp. Crusader Strike" which would add a Scourge Strike 3.3-like secondary Holy component to the strike. I'm not really sure on what you'd base such a bonus damage component off though. Perhaps just a static amount which would automatically get increased by Vengeance stacks?

3: Basically, you have no attacks at low levels, but you also have no mana. This is one of those things that gets "fixed" once you pick up Judgments of the Wise, and/or other talents from the other trees, but it's pretty shitty for the first 45 levels when you don't have access to that ability.

4: My guess is that CAN'T do it without redesigning the game since you can't have more than one stance bar, but it seems like the design of seals should be something akin to stances, rather than buffs that actually fall off when you die in a BG or something.

I guess in the end I just hate the way that many classes feel so horribly incomplete and/or gimped while leveling, and suddenly become Godly right around the same time: Level 45-50 when you put enough talent points into a certain tree to get some ability that should really be baseline.

It's an end result of layers upon layers of STUFF. Note how none of those specs in the pics above have anything less than 51 in the main spec; no 25-41-5 to be seen. I'm cautiously optimistic about Cata simplifying all this right.

Acid08

Banned
Tamanon said:
Hell, Enhancement Shammies are just as fast once they hit 40.

Of course they can't just switch to bear and solo 5-man quests constantly.:lol
No, we certainty cannot. Can't wait till I get my ghost wolves.

Tamanon

Banned
Duh, I forgot the other option for my Moonkin when disappointed with my DPS. I'll try out feral to see how it does. At least I finally got a damn 550 spellpower weapon to replace my Spectral Kris off Anub-10 tonight.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just did naxx, ok just patchwerk on my DK. 3.2k DPS, OH YEA! :lol

It was a bit of fun. Attacks (white damage) missed 18.4% though, which is a bit sad to see. Frost strike was my #1 damage ability, just under white damage with oblit and bs following.

I didn't have any real idea as to what was going on either. Alot of things to track and a poorly designed UI doesn't help. I enjoyed it though, about half way through i got into the groove of it all. I really need to get off my ass and try design a UI for my DK.

Swag

So I finally got my hunter to 80, took forever.

What's the best path to gearing up currently? I've pretty much farmed ToChamp to oblivion, sitting at 3186 Gearscore ( Is this the new marker for gauging how good someone is?). I'm guessing I should just farm heroics and HToC then move onto Naxx 25 ~> Uld 10 ~> ToTC 10 / 25?

I get the feeling by the time I'm geared enough to do ToGC it'll be close to January :lol

Sebulon3k said:
So I finally got my hunter to 80, took forever.

What's the best path to gearing up currently? I've pretty much farmed ToChamp to oblivion, sitting at 3186 Gearscore ( Is this the new marker for gauging how good someone is?). I'm guessing I should just farm heroics and HToC then move onto Naxx 25 ~> Uld 10 ~> ToTC 10 / 25?

I get the feeling by the time I'm geared enough to do ToGC it'll be close to January :lol

Unless you want to see the content, get general raiding experience/achieves, or farm the emblems, you could probably skip Naxx25 and Ulduar 10. Run heroics for now for conquest emblems and farm HToC for the ilevel 219 gear. Get into ToC10/25s if you can after that.

I'm not sure on what the general release date guess is for 3.3, but when that hits you're looking at 232 gear from the new Icecrown 5-man heroics and regrinding the old heroics for Triumph badges to fill in pieces you're missing from ToC 25.

Angry Grimace

Protip:

With Icecrown right around the corner, there's no reason to be doing anything with your Triumphs other than turning them into Crusader Orbs and flipping them.

It feels good to have 7000 gold. :lol

Xabora said:
I Do. ^_^

But looking at Unholy 2H as a viable option right now on 3.3.
If that fails I can always do a 180% back to frost. :p
Frost 2H Pre 3.1 was the best spec of all time!

Back when Frost Strike didn't his like a wet noodle, Howling Blast was devastating and could be used every 5 sec.

*gazes wistfully off into the distance*

The only reason I don't "like" DW Frost is because it requires me to get two drops rather than one.

Blackface

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Protip:

With Icecrown right around the corner, there's no reason to be doing anything with your Triumphs other than turning them into Crusader Orbs and flipping them.

I have been doing this for a long time now. with HTOC/HTOGC 10/25 man I have made retarded amounts of money. They are going for around 600g on my server, but I was selling them since they were going for 3k and slowy down. I have probably made a good 40-50k

VaLiancY

Yeah - I got 150 Triumph badges and I'm about do just get orbs and sell them. I ain't raiding so I'll just sit on this server til I find another.

Angry Grimace

Blackface said:
I have been doing this for a long time now. with HTOC/HTOGC 10/25 man I have made retarded amounts of money. They are going for around 600g on my server, but I was selling them since they were going for 3k and slowy down. I have probably made a good 40-50k
I have no idea what one would do with 40,000 gold. I guess, Epic Flying for all my alts :lol

Another reason to flip those badges as soon as possible: The number of Triumph badges one will get in 3.3 is astronomical vs. the number of Conquest badges you get now in Heroics because here is how the new LFG tool works on the PTR:

Bosses in Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity, Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader, and all Heroics will drop Emblems of Triumph. Bosses in the Icecrown Citadel 10- and 25-player dungeon will drop Emblems of Frost. Choosing the Random Heroic Dungeon option via the Dungeon Finder (new in content update 3.3) and completing whatever dungeon is selected for you will award you with two Emblems of Frost the first time you do it (this is in place of the daily Heroic dungeon quests which are being replaced with weekly raid dungeon quests).

Continuing to use the Random Heroic Dungeon option within that same day to complete dungeons will award you with two Emblems of Triumph each time in addition to those dropped in the instances. The random option can also select Heroic dungeons to which you may already be saved, so you can technically do every Heroic dungeon more than once in a day by continuing to use this option.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:
Protip:

Yeah, after I got my 245 pieces I just started selling orbs. I'm at ~18k now. :lol (Although I think only half of that was earned with Orbs, and I even paid off some guy 5k so I could have the leather caster legs from Anub)

Angry Grimace said:
I have no idea what one would do with 40,000 gold. I guess, Epic Flying for all my alts :lol

Another reason to flip those badges as soon as possible: The number of Triumph badges one will get in 3.3 is astronomical vs. the number of Conquest badges you get now in Heroics because here is how the new LFG tool works on the PTR:

Yep, I've been unloading my emblems for the last month or so as well. Great way to make money, though I don't really understand why the prices for them are staying so high considering the ease of getting them.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
Yep, I've been unloading my emblems for the last month or so as well. Great way to make money, though I don't really understand why the prices for them are staying so high considering the ease of getting them.
"I WANT IT NAO!" -syndrome.

People deluding themselves into thinking the meaningless GearScore numbers mean anything.

Gearscore doesn't tell you anything about a player other than whether they are generally at the right gear level. The kind of person that cares about GS is picking PUGers. PUGers almost universally get gear via Random Numbers assigned at the time loot drops off easy bosses.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:

After I made my lot on the Crusader Orb market on my server I started the rumor that 3.3 would be hitting this week. >_>
Its not like it SHOULD have come out already, imo.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
After I made my lot on the Crusader Orb market on my server I started the rumor that 3.3 would be hitting this week. >_>
Its not like it SHOULD have come out already, imo.
Give it 2-3 weeks and it will be out. Probably.

The servers will be shite the first week, which everyone should already know. Horrid lag, and /2 bitching about "FUCKING BLIZZARD YOUR PATCH SUCKS"

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, if items are already popping up on the PTR and most of the bosses have been tested... we should be seeing it the first Tuesday of December.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:
The kind of person that cares about GS is picking PUGers. PUGers almost universally get gear via Random Numbers assigned at the time loot drops off easy bosses.

Atleast with 3.3 the X-Server LFG pretty much eliminates the Gearscore crap for recently leveled alts.

EDIT: shit, sorry for the double post. I meant to edit this into my post above >_>

Angry Grimace

I keep telling guys in my guild with alts who want to gear up, "just wait for 3.3" which they always cry and refuse.

Put it this way: either run 10,000,00 dungeons for Conquests, after you find a group.

OR

wait for 3.3, get groups virtually on-demand (when it's working, I virtaully assure you it won't work right on 3.3 launch week), get literally unlimited Triumph badges. I could get my Paladin (presuming I got him to 80 by then, which I won't) 5 pc. T9 of any variety in approx. 5 hours of dedicated Dungeon Smashing. It's ludicrous.

Let's say, I wanted to make my Paladin Antoniogates, (yes, this is what I named my paladin), into a full on raiding Retribution Paladin (hint: I don't). In 3.3 I can get via nothing but heroic farming over a week or two of serious farming:

232 Helm - T9
226 Neck
232 Shoulders - T9
232 Chest - T9
213 Bracers
232 Gloves
232 Pants
213 Feet
245 Ring
245 Ring
200 Trinket
245 Trinket
245 Libram
251 Quel'Delar

Plus, there are 232 Plate DPS Boots, 232 Plate DPS Bracers, 219 Cloaks, etc. in the new 5 mans.

Yes, this would take like 500+ badges, but there's no real limit on what you can do in a day, and I've sat on 250+ Heroism badges back in the day.

This is assuming, you get 0 drops in Pit of Saron, 0 drops in Forge of Souls and 0 Drops in Halls of Reflection, and 0 drops in Trial of the Crusader.

Conclusion: You are insane if you are gearing your guy now, instead of just waiting for 3.3.

border

I am kinda worrying that the LFG tool is going to kill all the Heroic PUGs on our server.

I guess it's nice to get 2 extra emblems by doing the random dungeon groups but I'd much rather be able to choose my own dungeon and groupmates. I'm also skeptical of the LFG tool's ability to put together competent groups (read: just because someone says they can tank doesn't mean that they can).

Angry Grimace

border said:
I am kinda worrying that the LFG tool is going to kill all the Heroic PUGs on our server.

I guess it's nice to get 2 extra emblems by doing the random dungeon groups but I'd much rather be able to choose my own dungeon and groupmates. I'm also skeptical of the LFG tool's ability to put together competent groups (read: just because someone says they can tank doesn't mean that they can).
DPS is so high with most groups it's very easy to carry virtually anyone. Even a 2500 GS tank should be okay when other members are blasting 3K + across the board.

The LFG tool does take gear into account. A poorly geared player will be matched with better geared players. At least, this is the alleged design intent stated by the developers. It's hard to say based on PTR testing because I usually get matched up with 4 premades. :lol Premades are good for one thing: Playing classes you don't have. They are useless for testing your own class because it's pretty irrelevant to test out class mechanics with gear 1000 GS pts. higher than your own. I "test" new content and such with my Live toon for that reason.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sounds like they are just going to hand out current gear in 3.3. Which isn't too bad for my DK!

I will still try and gear him up for now only because if you're a new 80, you may as well learn about your class. Cruising around in T9 and not knowing wtf to do is rather pointless.

And by the look and feel of it, i need alot more experience on my DK to be any good :lol

Tamanon

Banned
border said:

Eh, it's the exact same way now with the LFG tool. Plus you have the option of having a certain amount of folks already in group and just filling the remaining spots randomly.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, another way to make some easy money is to play Wintergrasp(generally it's best to join when you're on offense because that's a guaranteed win) and just use that huge amount of honor you get to buy and sell epic gems.

I was personally surprised, but Eyes of Zul actually sell for more money than Cardinal Rubies, probably the only time in WoW's history that a red gem isn't the top seller.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
BTW, another way to make some easy money is to play Wintergrasp(generally it's best to join when you're on offense because that's a guaranteed win) and just use that huge amount of honor you get to buy and sell epic gems.

I was personally surprised, but Eyes of Zul actually sell for more money than Cardinal Rubies, probably the only time in WoW's history that a red gem isn't the top seller.
Not on my server. Are you sure you don't mean Majestic Zircon? (Blue Stam gems)

I make 90% of my money with Dragon's Eyes, and Cardinal Ruby transmutes. The profit on the Rubies is ~100g per day, considering I long ago exhausted my supply of Eternal Fire and Scarlets. But it's still a decent profit if you cut 'em into Bold or Runed.

I'll be making even more in 3.3 since Titansteel Transmutes will be off the Stone's CD and I have 10 bajillion Saronite bars, and two level 450 Miners.

As for WG, on my server, the Horde's gone inept since 3.2 dropped. We Alliance types win virtually every time on Offense and Defense.

Tamanon

Banned
It's bizarre, but Cardinal Rubies sell for ~125g on my server, Eyes of Zul for 150g. And the mats for each transmute are about 60g for the ruby and 10g for Zul. It makes absolutely no sense why it's that way, but I'm not complaining.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
It's bizarre, but Cardinal Rubies sell for ~125g on my server, Eyes of Zul for 150g. And the mats for each transmute are about 60g for the ruby and 10g for Zul. It makes absolutely no sense why it's that way, but I'm not complaining.
Who the hell wants Green Gems?

That's weird. I can't think of a class that would ever actually want a Green gem for any slot, really. Maybe a healer, but why not go with a Purple SP/Spirit (or mp5)?

I sold three Bold Cardinals for 175g each yesterday. (Transmute proc ftw)

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
They don't have the SIM Data finished for them?
What's so special about DKs that they didn't finish the SIM data? Frost and Blood are almost exactly the same other than Army's damage, and all you have to do is reduce the total damage of the Army by half. EJ seems to have SIMs up and running for all three specs. (Unholy DW is dead now, unfortunately)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom