• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
What's so special about DKs that they didn't finish the SIM data? Frost and Blood are almost exactly the same other than Army's damage, and all you have to do is reduce the total damage of the Army by half. EJ seems to have SIMs up and running for all three specs. (Unholy DW is dead now, unfortunately)
Different people writing different SIM Applications, one focuses on DKs, the other does not so they may be working down a list. :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
rhfb said:
Maybe they are just imagining better times.
I sort of wonder what Blizzard has "learned" from this expansion in particular that they'll try and correct in Cata.

Probably some of the main ones I've noticed from a "design" standpoint (not being an actual designer, just what I bet they saw).

a) Including a new class is a nightmare to balance for a myriad of reasons, particularly the fact that they need to feel powerful out of the box to sell boxes but can't be God Mode or you're getting a logistical nightmare.
b) Arenas, despite being a small portion of overall PvP activity and an even smaller part of the entire game, have far too large of an impact on game design.
c) Need to balance Talent points and where they go in the trees a little better.

A particular example that I imagine, but don't think they will ever admit, is that implementing Titan's Grip never really seemed to work out.

In the end, it looks like an interesting job, but it seems nightmarish to deal with all these competetive balance issues. :lol Not to mention a brutally unpleasable fanbase that is absolutely insistent that Blizzard hates X Class.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still wonder what kind of drop rate we are going to see on Battered Hilt's. It's too cool of a questline to have a super low drop rate, but the rewards are far too good for the quest to be a cakewalk.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh I'm guessing it'll be one per instance drop. The rewards are great but it's a one-time quest. It's also a weapon, which typically is the most important piece of gear for most classes.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Eh I'm guessing it'll be one per instance drop. The rewards are great but it's a one-time quest. It's also a weapon, which typically is the most important piece of gear for most classes.
This is why the reward is so incredibly overpowered in general. It really should be something like, item level 242, or something. It's better than every weapon revealed in Icecrown-10 so far. It's kind of cheesy that the biggest upgrade by far for a 10 man raider is a random Heroic dungeon drop.

Angry Grimace

PTR News:

New build up.

Item - Shadowmourne Legendary has been changed once again - Your weapon swings have a chance to drain a Soul Fragment granting you 40 strength. When you have acquired 10 Soul Fragments you will unleash Chaos Bane, dealing 1900 to 2100 shadow damage split between all enemies within 8 yards.

Other news:

Hunters will finally get new ammo; Shatter Rounds and Iceblade Arrow.

Heroic Mode Icecrown Citadel Raid testing has begun.

//

Shadowmourne went from a mediocre proc to totally overpowered; it's now Death's Verdict + Reign of the Dead + overpowered melee weapon in one.

Atrophis

I cant believe how much of a noob I am.

Just found out I have been using under ranked healing spells for 10 levels :lol (bought spells in shadow spec, thought they would update on action bar automatically like my shadow spells for some reason).

Im amazed ive managed to heal ok in level 80 dungeons.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Do you get more dailies after completing all the Valiant's Seal quests for each race? If not, what's stopping someone from destroying their seals everyday to just farm rep?

Swag

So I'm having a problem in WoW, my fps seems to be locked at 30fps. No matter what I do it doesn't seem to want to go above 30, I can reduce all my settings to low and it'll still sit at 30. Randomly it'll go above that but then come back down to 30

I have a HD 4890, i5 750, and 4gb of ram surely I should be getting 60+ guaranteed? Anyone ever run into this problem? Did a google search and couldn't find anything :lol

Cipherr

Sebu, perhaps vertical sync?

Im not a gpu nut though so maybe someone else would know.

Also in the newest patch notes:

Warlock
Affliction

* Improved Drain Soul now reduces the threat caused by your Affliction spells by 10/20%. (Up from 5/10%)

Destruction

* Destructive Reach now reduces the threat caused by Destruction spells by 10/20%. (Up from 5/10%)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

border

NameGenerated said:
Do you get more dailies after completing all the Valiant's Seal quests for each race? If not, what's stopping someone from destroying their seals everyday to just farm rep?
There are new dailies once you hit Exalted with Sunreavers, and once you become a Crusader. Most people would rather get more Champion's Seals per day, since there really isn't any purpose to farming faction rep uber-quickly. OTOH, it would take literally months to get enough Champion's Seals to buy all the Argent Crusade stuff....so any extra dailies you unlock help speed things exponentially.

border

Angry Grimace said:
A particular example that I imagine, but don't think they will ever admit, is that implementing Titan's Grip never really seemed to work out.
What makes you say that? I certainly like having it with my warrior, and it's worked out excellent for other classes that no longer have to worry about warriors rolling on their 1H DPS items.

Rogue buff ftw (as if we weren't good enough in PVE)! We get the effects of weapon swapping without actually weapon swapping, which means that our swing timer won't be periodically reset, resulting in a minor DPS increase. In addition, the wording on the spell seems to suggest that applying Deadly Poison after 5 stacks will also refresh the 5 stacks as well as adding an Instant/Wound poison, meaning that there'll be less time not casting instant poison on the target. Not to mention the buff to Improved Poisons means that we'll get to 5 stacks faster AND get more IP procs as the extra DP applications translate directly into IP.

I think Blizz went a bit overboard with those buffs to be quite honest. This will end up being a pretty significant DPS increase.

Xabora

traveler said:
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49888/shadows-edge/

Wow, looks like even those not designated to receive the legendary by their guild or whatever should be pursuing the quest chain at least far enough to grab this.
Well I passed on taking the weapon first so its going to Gwai in the guild.
Unsure who the second person will be now.

Orbitcube said:
I think Blizz went a bit overboard with those buffs to be quite honest. This will end up being a pretty significant DPS increase.
I beat rogues in DPS... soo yeah I have no problems with the buffs.

traveler

Not Wario
Xabora said:

Will the officers even have anything to do with the Shadow's Edge portion of it? I was under the impression it would be up to the individuals to obtain the Saronite after all.

Xabora

traveler said:
Will the officers even have anything to do with the Shadow's Edge portion of it? I was under the impression it would be up to the individuals to obtain the Saronite after all.
One leads to another so most likely it will go down the line.
But don't forget the same Saronite is used to buy patterns and whatnot.

Also, the Saronite is purchasable with Emblems.
So getting 25 without using DKP will be a mix of using your Emblems and AH Hunting. Which I intend to do.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Can anyone tell me on World of Logs how to view all deaths from a specific attack?

Specifically icehowls Trample/Ferocious butt?

And is there a better addon a long the lines of Fatality or Failbot that will replay the deaths in raid chat in simple terms, but better? Fatality only shows when its one person at a time.

traveler

Not Wario
Xabora said:
One leads to another so most likely it will go down the line.
But don't forget the same Saronite is used to buy patterns and whatnot.

Also, the Saronite is purchasable with Emblems.
So getting 25 without using DKP will be a mix of using your Emblems and AH Hunting. Which I intend to do.

Right, that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't expect the guild leaders to simply hand over all the Primordial Saronite to whomever is to receive the first Shadowmourne, as they're not equivalent the shards of val'anyr, which only had one use. Everyone will want these things, for one reason or another.

Angry Grimace

The Primordial Saronite is used in the first part of the quest. That is, the part that's comparatively easy.

I presume the later parts, where you get "bits of teh Frozen throne" is probably a right Pain in the Ass. All you need for the first part (which I presume gives you Shadow's Edge) is 25 Primordial Saronite, Artha's Hammer (walk over and get it), and Rotface and Bloatgut, or whatever his name is, Acidic Blood on 25 man mode.

They seem to have messed with teh requirements to get into Halls of Reflection. I can no longer enter, despite having the achievement. I guess a new attunement quest is coming.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
The Primordial Saronite is used in the first part of the quest. That is, the part that's comparatively easy.

I presume the later parts, where you get "bits of teh Frozen throne" is probably a right Pain in the Ass. All you need for the first part (which I presume gives you Shadow's Edge) is 25 Primordial Saronite, Artha's Hammer (walk over and get it), and Rotface and Bloatgut, or whatever his name is, Acidic Blood on 25 man mode.

They seem to have messed with teh requirements to get into Halls of Reflection. I can no longer enter, despite having the achievement. I guess a new attunement quest is coming.
Oh I know about the other crap, I was talking about the base materials that are purchasable.

And woo attunements, which I assume is for doing each dungeon in succession.

thatbox

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
So I'm having a problem in WoW, my fps seems to be locked at 30fps. No matter what I do it doesn't seem to want to go above 30, I can reduce all my settings to low and it'll still sit at 30. Randomly it'll go above that but then come back down to 30

I have a HD 4890, i5 750, and 4gb of ram surely I should be getting 60+ guaranteed? Anyone ever run into this problem? Did a google search and couldn't find anything :lol
You may have accidentally limited it at some point?

/console maxfps 60 will raise the cap back up to 60, if so. Also, just in case anyone in here didn't know, you can set a framerate to be used only when WoW isn't the foreground window, which can be nice in several situations. The command for this is /console maxfpsbk 5 to set it to 5FPS when WoW is in the background.

border

Does Unholy Presence work when you are mounted? I really liked spec'ing into On A Pale Horse when I was leveling, and while Unholy Presence might do almost the same thing it's really nice not to have to worry about switching presences when I mount up or switching back when I dismount.

Blood DK guides claim it's important to spec into Blood-Caked Blade, but I'm looking at my Recount and it only accounts for 3% of my damage dealt. If it's really not that important, I'd rather give the 2 talent points to On A Pale Horse and just go 1/3 for Blood Caked Blade.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Oh I know about the other crap, I was talking about the base materials that are purchasable.

And woo attunements, which I assume is for doing each dungeon in succession.
Current PTR cost for Primordial Saronite: 28 Emblems of Frost. Good luck farming that. o_O

Attunement: It might be a bug. There was an attunement in the last build too, but now it says I need to complete the quest, which I think is the same one you had to do before. No clue.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, pieced together a feral set and did a little tanking to learn some of the tricks, I like the Bear. Lots of avoidance, lots of health, lots of mitigation. Plus, certainly never rage starved, that's for sure.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/is/889/

That's an absolutely sick 4-piece bonus on their tier 10 too, on top of a great 2-piece.

Swag

thatbox said:
You may have accidentally limited it at some point?

/console maxfps 60 will raise the cap back up to 60, if so. Also, just in case anyone in here didn't know, you can set a framerate to be used only when WoW isn't the foreground window, which can be nice in several situations. The command for this is /console maxfpsbk 5 to set it to 5FPS when WoW is in the background.

I'm running tweakWoW and set it to the highest possible for both toggles, its really random and very annoying. Sometimes it caps at 30 fps and then it'll randomly jump up to 50~60 then back down to 30 like 15 minutes later.

Angry Grimace

border said:
Does Unholy Presence work when you are mounted? I really liked spec'ing into On A Pale Horse when I was leveling, and while Unholy Presence might do almost the same thing it's really nice not to have to worry about switching presences when I mount up or switching back when I dismount.

Blood DK guides claim it's important to spec into Blood-Caked Blade, but I'm looking at my Recount and it only accounts for 3% of my damage dealt. If it's really not that important, I'd rather give the 2 talent points to On A Pale Horse and just go 1/3 for Blood Caked Blade.
I'm confused. If you are leveling it doesn't matter what you pick, pick whatever makes you happy.

If you are endgame dungeon diving, on a Pale Horse is a poor talent choice. BCB has a good damage per talent pt. ratio.

Angry Grimace

Gating confirmed.

Quote from: Slorkuz (Source)
Icecrown Citadel testing has been progressing very well over the last few weeks, and this has been a huge help to the encounter design team. We want to thank everyone who has logged onto the PTR and tried the encounters there.

As we're now getting closer to the release of 3.3.0, we wanted to talk about our plans for access progression within Icecrown Citadel. Icecrown Citadel is going to be broken up into four distinct sections: The Lower Spire, Plagueworks, Crimson Hall, and Frostwing Halls. We plan on releasing these four sections of Icecrown Citadel over time and not all immediately when patch 3.3.0 goes live. At this point we can't give precise dates for these release dates as they are determined by when patch 3.3.0 goes live. Once dates are known with more certainty, I'll update the community so they can plan appropriately.

The first section that opens will include the Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Icecrown Gunship Battle, and Deathbringer Saurfang encounters. Progress beyond that point will be prevented for several weeks. Then the Plagueworks will open with Rotface, Festergut, and Professor Putricide becoming available. After another period of time, the Crimson Hall will open and you can then fight the Blood Princes and Blood-Queen Lana'thel. The final Frostwing Halls unlock then occurs after that, making Valithria Dreamwalker, Sindragosa, and the Lich King available. We believe a staggered release of the content will allow players to experience Icecrown Citadel at a sustainable, measured, and ultimately more enjoyable pace.

There are other elements that gate access along the way. Players may not attempt any Heroic versions of 10 player encounters until they have defeated the Lich King in a 10 player raid. Similarly, players must defeat the Lich King in a 25 player raid before they can attempt a Heroic 25 player encounter. So players must master every normal difficulty encounter in Icecrown Citadel before attempting Heroic difficulty.

The Lich King may not be attempted until Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, and Sindragosa are defeated. Furthermore, the Heroic difficulty of The Lich King encounter may not be attempted in any week unless the three aforementioned encounters have been defeated in Heroic difficulty that week.

The Ashen Verdict provides reinforcements and material for players to assault Icecrown Citadel, but this support is not endless. Raids will have a limited number of attempts total each week to defeat the four most difficult encounters in Icecrown Citadel: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, and the Lich King. As these boss encounters are unlocked, the number of attempts available per week will increase. The initial number of attempts provided for defeating Professor Putricide is only five. When Blood-Queen Lana'thel unlocks, the amount of total attempts remaining will increase to 10. Then when Sindragosa and the Lich King unlock, 15 total attempts will be available to defeat all four bosses. After a raid has exhausted their attempts for the week, the Ashen Verdict must withdraw their support and the four most difficult bosses all despawn and become unavailable for the week. The limited attempt system is a feature of both Normal and Heroic difficulty.

There will be no explicit rewards for defeating the Lich King with a specific number of attempts remaining as there was with Trial of the Grand Crusader. There will also not be an achievement to complete Icecrown Citadel without being defeated by a boss encounter, or letting a raid member die. (i.e. A Tribute to Insanity).

In the weeks and months after all twelve encounters are unlocked, additional attempts against the final four boss encounters become available. This represents the Ashen Verdict growing more powerful and gaining a stronger foothold in Icecrown Citadel. To further help raids, Varian Wrynn and Garrosh Hellscream will begin to provide assistance by inspiring the armies attacking Icecrown Citadel. This is represented as an additional zone wide spell effect applied to all players that will increase their hit points, damage dealt, and healing done. This effect will also increase in effectiveness over time. Players may opt out of the spell's effect if they so wish.

So to sum up:

* Gating for each wing of ICC.
* Limited Attempts on Wing Bosses before despawn, no specific reward. Normal and Heroic.
* Number of Attempts will increase every week or as people get pissed off.
* ICC will magically get easier every week.
* No actual rewards for attempt number beyond winning.

The reason for the limited attempts is mostly to keep the higher end guilds from making content looking easy by doing 5 hours, 7 days a week in my guess, but the crappier guilds are going to QQ like you wouldn't believe. I don't think you'll see that standing up for long, because it's pretty assholish.

Yaweee

Wow, they're not unlocking all of Icecrown at once.
http://www.wow.com/2009/11/18/icecrown-raid-access-progression/#continued

Blizzard has just released a lengthy statement on the way the new Icecrown raid in patch 3.3 will be progressively accessed. Some of the key points:

* Icecrown Citadel is going to be broken up into four distinct sections: The Lower Spire, Plagueworks, Crimson Hall, and Frostwing Halls. We plan on releasing these four sections of Icecrown Citadel over time and not all immediately when patch 3.3.0 goes live.
* The first section that opens will include the Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Icecrown Gunship Battle, and Deathbringer Saurfang encounters. "Several weeks" until the next encounters become available.
* Players may not attempt any Heroic versions of 10 player encounters until they have defeated the Lich King in a 10 player raid. The same goes for 25 mans. This means no heroic Icecrown until after the Lich King is defeated, which will apparently be, at the earliest, in a couple of months.
* The four most difficult bosses have a limited number of attempts on them each week. Once those attempts are gone, you have to wait another week to try again.
* There will be no explicit rewards for defeating the Lich King with a specific number of attempts remaining as there was with Trial of the Grand Crusader. There will also not be an achievement to complete Icecrown Citadel without being defeated by a boss encounter, or letting a raid member die. (i.e. A Tribute to Insanity).
* In the weeks and months after all twelve encounters are unlocked, additional attempts against the final four boss encounters become available.
* Over time, after all bosses are defeated, players will begin to get a buff, making defeating bosses easier.

This is a jam packed statement from Blizzard on the mechanics of the raid zone, and outlines exactly what your raiding guild will be doing in the weeks and months ahead.
The full statement after the break.

I think this greatly delays Cataclysm; it will be months before people even have a chance at killing Normal difficulty Lich King, and you can't do any Heroic bosses until you've beaten LK on normal. That's... interesting, and is going to take a very long time to plow through.

EDIT: Beaten, but I'll keep it since it is in bulleted list form.

Angry Grimace

Yaweee said:
Wow, they're not unlocking all of Icecrown at once.
http://www.wow.com/2009/11/18/icecrown-raid-access-progression/#continued

I think this greatly delays Cataclysm; it will be months before people even have a chance at killing Normal difficulty Lich King, and you can't do any Heroic bosses until you've beaten LK on normal. That's... interesting, and is going to take a very long time to plow through.

EDIT: Beaten, but I'll keep it since it is in bulleted list form.
I wouldn't worry too much. This happened on Kil'Jaeden too.

It's a thing they do to avoid people killing Arthas and walking off until Cataclysm pops out. The other option to delay killing the "last boss" is resist fights. I'll take the gating.

traveler

Not Wario
Weeks before further wings unlock? Wow. And here I was hoping I could see the end of Icecrown before next semester started. :/

This will really hamper progression on the legendary as well, given that quests require players to defeat specific bosses. At least I might be able to work up the primordial saronite by the time you can even do the rest of the chain.

Angry Grimace said:
I wouldn't worry too much. This happened on Kil'Jaeden too.

It's a thing they do to avoid people killing Arthas and walking off until Cataclysm pops out. The other option to delay killing the "last boss" is resist fights. I'll take the gating.

I'd rather they just put in the achievements they usually do that they're apparently not doing this time around complete with loot/titles/mounts/etc. for those who want further challenge past the first Lich King down.

Angry Grimace

I expected gating, although I hadn't heard it confirmed until now.

Angry Grimace

Outdoor Miner said:
Artificially extending the ICC raid cycle 'cause Cata is not even close to being ready. Well played Bliz.
You must be new to MMOs.

The entire game is artifically extending progress in all facets.

Angry Grimace

traveler said:
Weeks before further wings unlock? Wow. And here I was hoping I could see the end of Icecrown before next semester started. :/

This will really hamper progression on the legendary as well, given that quests require players to defeat specific bosses. At least I might be able to work up the primordial saronite by the time you can even do the rest of the chain.

I'd rather they just put in the achievements they usually do that they're apparently not doing this time around complete with loot/titles/mounts/etc. for those who want further challenge past the first Lich King down.
There are plenty of achievements, heroic modes, etc. The fact is, there are lots and lots of people who would buy a game card for one month, kill the Lich King, and then cancel their account until Ex-pack 3 pops up.

Yaweee

Outdoor Miner said:
Artificially extending the ICC raid cycle 'cause Cata is not even close to being ready. Well played Bliz.

It's hard to say how far away Cataclysm is. From what I can discern from Blizzard's previous comments, they just don't want Arthas to become a farmed boss, period. So it really goes either way; they want to extend things long enough such that killing Arthas (or Heroic Arthas) before Cataclysm comes out is a rare accomplishment, or the want it such that when it reaches widespread farm status that 4.0 is coming very shortly after.

I'm assuming "A few weeks" is either 2 or 3 weeks, and there will be three of them. So people won't be fighting Arthas until the first week of February, +/- 2~3 weeks.

And there are still a ton of accomplishments, and hard modes for every fight. The point of that comment in the post is only such that there is no explicit achievement or reward based on # of attempts remaining.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wish we had more of an indication on how far Cata is in its development.

I mean we should atleast have an alpha or beta soon...

Yaweee

Entropia said:
I wish we had more of an indication on how far Cata is in its development.

I mean we should atleast have an alpha or beta soon...

The Wrath beta started ~3.5 months after Sunwell, 4.0 launched another ~3.5 months after that, then the expansion launched a month after that.

We wouldn't know anything about an Alpha, not even whether or not it currently exists.

I'm not liking the sound of the attempts thing. I don't want to go back to ToC and Ulduar because we got to the last boss of the wing and wiped 5 times on him in one night. Right now we're clearing ToC, Onyxia, and VOA in 1 night and end up doing Ulduar for the rest of the week. I'm so sick of Ulduar and I'm getting there with ToC.

Angry Grimace

Oni Link 666 said:
I'm not liking the sound of the attempts thing. I don't want to go back to ToC and Ulduar because we got to the last boss of the wing and wiped 5 times on him in one night. Right now we're clearing ToC, Onyxia, and VOA in 1 night and end up doing Ulduar for the rest of the week. I'm so sick of Ulduar and I'm getting there with ToC.
I think people are overreacting to the limited attempts thing. My guess is that one of the reasons they do that is so you can't just keep extending the lockout period and getting lucky up until you reach Arthas, not to mention the "good guilds" just power bombing the heroic modes to get world firsts. In all likliehood, by the time Wing 3 is available, you should not probably be dying on Professor Putricide all that much anymore.

The only bosses that despawn after the attempts are up are the Wing Bosses, Sindragosa and Arthas, and them despawning does not do anything to impede your progress towards any of the other wings, at least based on how it's worded.

Angry Grimace

Here's what Ensidia's members think:

Finally we get to hear the details about Icecrown that every raider has been waiting for, we get to hear about the limitations that Blizzard has planned for the last instance of Wrath of the Lich King. It was pretty obvious that they would introduce something like this to increase the longetivity of the instance and to not make the gap between Icecrown and the next expansion too big. Our guild has discussed this topic quite a bit and we've had countless of speculations out on the table, we really do like the fact that you have to clear Normal mode before you can attempt Hardmode(props for that Blizzard!). We were also expecting wings to open up every other week or so and that is fine by me, I am atleast hoping that all of the encounters will be challenging and not only the last ones of each wing.

But that is not all, I mean why stop there? With this huge news they also announced that there will be try limitations on the 4 hardest bosses in Icecrown which at first gives you 5 attempts to beat Professor Putricide. I think that this system is a huge mistake and that a lot of hardcore players will feel very demotivated. I mean 5 tries a week for the first of the four challenging bosses? And then when you finally unlock Arthas after who knows how many weeks, you get a few attempts and thats it. Next week when you go in you will have a total amount of 15 tries to kill the 4 hardest bosses in the instance. Talk about overdoing the try limitation system that they implemented with ToC.... I was really looking forward to Icecrown and I was actually thinking that it would be the best instance ever made, this try limitation system just changed my opinion and removed the smile that I had on my face before the news came out.

I'll listen the argument, but I don't necessarily buy it. I have a sneaking suspicion that the uber-elite guilds don't like it because they probably wipe a lot more than people realize.

Blizzard's stated purpose in doing this is to prevent guilds that have a lot of time on their hands, i.e. the type of guild (Ensidia) that takes two weeks off work to get World Firsts, from just attempting it 15 hours a day. I'll grant that it does extend the content longer than it normally would, but that doesn't mean there's no merit to Blizzard's stated purpose.

Macattk15

Xabora said:

And I beat DKs in DPS. What's your point.

I think what you meant to say is I beat rogues on my server / guild and that doesn't translate to every single rogue in the game. As can also be said about the DK's in my guild / server ... though I can honestly say that no one in this guild is "carried" as I have had in the past .... first time I think I've ever been able to say it truthfully.

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Here's what Ensidia's members think:

I'll listen the argument, but I don't necessarily buy it. I have a sneaking suspicion that the uber-elite guilds don't like it because they probably wipe a lot more than people realize.

Blizzard's stated purpose in doing this is to prevent guilds that have a lot of time on their hands, i.e. the type of guild (Ensidia) that takes two weeks off work to get World Firsts, from just attempting it 15 hours a day. I'll grant that it does extend the content longer than it normally would, but that doesn't mean there's no merit to Blizzard's stated purpose.

Didn't Blizz do something almost exactly like this, but harsher, for Algalon? I didn't see Ensidia complaining then.

FLEABttn

Banned
Yaweee said:
We wouldn't know anything about an Alpha, not even whether or not it currently exists.

We would know about an alpha, albeit unofficially. WotLK's alpha leaked as soon as it was started.

The gating issue doesn't really bother me, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom