• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrophis

Take 10 mins to watch a couple of youtube vids on how to set up grid - prosper.

Why make your life hard with just the default UI? :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Orbitcube said:
1) Not really. You do have to think of all the enemy NPCs in Outland/Draenei starting zones, not just the ones that joined the horde. And then add in the Scryers and Shattered Sun Offensive. Not to mention that, at least in Silvermoon, the NPCs shown in-game is nothing compared to the amount in lore. While in the High elf encampments, there's probably a more reasonable amount shown in-game compared to the lore.

2) Ever been to Dalaran as Alliance? There's a quest added in 3.2.2 there showing the Highborne (who utilise magic) coming to Darnassus to join the Alliance in time for Cataclysm.

3) No idea. Apparently in CoT the Well just gives you a debuff that stops spellcasting, so we'll have to wait until the beta to find out.
1. There's supposed to be like 9:1 ratio of Blood Elves to High elves, though. There seem to just be a lot of high elves.

2. Well, I meant more in terms of the fact that, while possible, Night Elf Mages wouldn't be tolerated in Darnassus any more than Night Elf Warlocks.

3. The Wowwiki article says in the original version it killed you, but they changed it to a debilitating silence effect.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nerdrage:
In a TOC25 group, usually run with the guy that leads the raid. It's a bunch of the same people usually but of course at the core it's a pug. 3 Ele Shaman present in the raid.

We down Twins and the Death's Verdict drops. I, as a joke, throw on my Enh gear and activate my Enhance spec. I roll a 100! Everyone is like "omg!!!"... but being the honest person I am "Yeah that was a joke roll, give it to whoever had the 2nd highest roll".

So I go back to Elemental and we down Anub! Zomg teh Reign of the Unliving!!!
Elemental Shaman 1: 96
Elemental Shaman 2: 93
Me: 4

FUCKING SERIOUS? RNG can go fuck itself.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Angry Grimace said:
2. Well, I meant more in terms of the fact that, while possible, Night Elf Mages wouldn't be tolerated in Darnassus any more than Night Elf Warlocks.
Same reason why there are still Orc Warlocks wandering around in Orgrimmar even though Thrall has stated in the past that it is a dark area for his race and wanted the practice banished so Shamanism could flourish again.

It'd be nice to see a quest dealing with the reason why Night Elf Mages can be created considering the much more tainted relationship and history involved with the Arcane magic within Night Elf culture. The Highborne coming out of their holes in Dire Maul and simply teaching new Night Elves doesn't really cut it for me.

Epix

Xabora said:
As a human I prefer maces.
17tw6h.gif

And in other news.
Friendly with Ashen Verdict
Get hilt from cave, 25 Primordial Saronite and 2 quest items from 2 bosses.
RECIEVE SHADOW'S EDGE
Collect 1000 souls
Kill Professor Putricide after doing a trick during the fight
Kill Queen Lana'thel after doing a trick during the fight
Kill Sindragosa after doing a trick during the fight
Collect 60 shards of the Frozen throne
RECIEVE SHADOWMOURNE
Kill Arthas
Q: Where's the cave at?

thatbox

Banned
Entropia said:
Nerdrage:
In a TOC25 group, usually run with the guy that leads the raid. It's a bunch of the same people usually but of course at the core it's a pug. 3 Ele Shaman present in the raid.

We down Twins and the Death's Verdict drops. I, as a joke, throw on my Enh gear and activate my Enhance spec. I roll a 100! Everyone is like "omg!!!"... but being the honest person I am "Yeah that was a joke roll, give it to whoever had the 2nd highest roll".

So I go back to Elemental and we down Anub! Zomg teh Reign of the Unliving!!!
Elemental Shaman 1: 96
Elemental Shaman 2: 93
Me: 4

FUCKING SERIOUS? RNG can go fuck itself.
That's what you get for being a douche. Nobody finds that funny in groups with any amount of pugged raiders.

Cipherr

Being a douche would be not giving it up.

He did. Relax.

And yeah in a ToC25 group last week I actually passed on RoTUL off of anub on my warlock. I had won a trophy, 2 orbs, a belt and some bracers in that same run (the loot rules in pugs on greymane are normally freeroll orbs, 1 "item" per boss and one trophy per run. So you can win an item and a trophy off the same boss".

The highest roll for the reign was a 23 the rest of the mages (I was the only lock) were terrible rolls below that. I passed on it to let another clothie win SOMETHING since I was having a great day. Chances are I wont see that trinket though anytime soon. And when I do, Ill lose the roll.

Tamanon

Banned
Today must be ToC trinket day, after not seeing a single one we had Death's Verdict and the Caster one that makes motes of flame. Shame I had just picked up a belt beforehand, lol.

And I don't buy a month out on the patch, CMs don't have that kind of info usually, I think it's just a smokescreen to keep the market from being destroyed.:lol

Plus, I don't see it on any of the WoW news sites anyways.

laserbeam

Banned
Yaweee said:
Hi Alisperis,

We only provide mirror links for full client patches. Background downloads do not count. You have around 1+ month to download this file so we're not really worried about your speed. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support

Each time you email us a password, we perform a /facepalm.
How did I do? https://www.surveymk.com/s.aspx?sm=lfO7GX4hyFtZ1WJ5pB7JhQ_3d_3d

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=21034438977&pageNo=1&sid=1#2

Yaweee

laserbeam said:
Hi Alisperis,

We only provide mirror links for full client patches. Background downloads do not count. You have around 1+ month to download this file so we're not really worried about your speed. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support

Each time you email us a password, we perform a /facepalm.
How did I do? https://www.surveymk.com/s.aspx?sm=lfO7GX4hyFtZ1WJ5pB7JhQ_3d_3d

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=21034438977&pageNo=1&sid=1#2

Wow, if that is true it's kind of surprising. 1+ month away, and unless they're going to patch Christmas week, that would mean no patch until January.

Tamanon

Banned
Doesn't make sense, the first wing has been extensively tested already, there's really not much left keeping it from being put out there. I can see them maybe not doing it next week because of Thanksgiving.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Finally got a new weapon for my mage from Anubarak 10 with

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47815

I was soooo tired of that damn dagger from H TOC 5. Not to mention that stupid heroism offhand that i had for so many fucking months. I was ashamed to have such things when i had so many stuff of ilvl 232 and 245. I wish i started doing the TOC raids sooner. :lol

...Also got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46992 from TOC 25 Beasts. :D Pretty good night for my Arcane mage, considering my old offhand and T9 robe had 0 Haste.

And, is it just me, or do pugs just fail at the Faction Champions in TOC 25? I swear it's always that fight that make the raids disbands.

Tamanon

Banned
Faction Champs is all about communication and trust in your partners, so yeah, most PUGs fail at it.:lol

Yeah I was so happy when my moonkin got to replace his Spectral Kris with Cold Convergence last weekend, although it meant he no longer had his pimp cup Symbol of Transcendence.:/

laserbeam

Banned
Tamanon said:
Doesn't make sense, the first wing has been extensively tested already, there's really not much left keeping it from being put out there. I can see them maybe not doing it next week because of Thanksgiving.
They could be holding back all togeather because of the holidays. Not wanting to release at thanksgiving time and not wanting to release prior to Christmas but if that is the case im gonna be greatly disappointed.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
laserbeam said:
They could be holding back all togeather because of the holidays. Not wanting to release at thanksgiving time and not wanting to release prior to Christmas but if that is the case im gonna be greatly disappointed.

wat?

releasing for Christmas will get sales of people coming back. Why wouldn't they release it before Christmas?

On the one hand, we have this CM saying that it's going to be a 1+ to download this pre-patch. They also said they're going to give at least a months notice before removing Glory of the Ulduar achievement drakes. Of course this just could mean that the CM was misinformed and it could mean that they aren't taking out the iron-bound/rusted proto-drakes with 3.3

On the other hand, Icecrown has been mostly tested and new builds on the PTR aren't bringing anything new content wise. I'm pretty sure all normal bosses have been tested and they're working on letting people try heroic modes.

I'm predicting Dec. 1st myself. Boubouille said either the 8th or the 15th at latest. We'll just have to wait and see.

Tamanon

Banned
Plus they don't even need to test all the heroic modes as of yet, don't you have to actually beat the Lich King(who is very gated) to open them?

Hello everybody. I was wondering where I should go to level my troll hunter. I've played alliance since I started WoW, but I'm finally trying out the horde side. The barrens have been a pain so far (only gotten to level 11, so I probably can't complain too much yet). I took the zepplin from ogrimmar to undercity, and then I used the transporter orb to get to silvermoon. I've read this is one of the better zones to level in, but wanted to get some real opinions too.

lol, running is a real pain when you know you're only 5 levels from aspect of the cheetah.

Retro

Deputy Moonman said:
Hello everybody. I was wondering where I should go to level my troll hunter. I've played alliance since I started WoW, but I'm finally trying out the horde side. The barrens have been a pain so far (only gotten to level 11, so I probably can't complain too much yet). I took the zepplin from ogrimmar to undercity, and then I used the transporter orb to get to silvermoon. I've read this is one of the better zones to level in, but wanted to get some real opinions too.

lol, running is a real pain when you know you're only 5 levels from aspect of the cheetah.

You're past Elfsong, but Ghostlands is pretty nice to level in. The rewards are nicer, there's reputation you'll quickly level to exhaled (and rewards a blue-quality cape), and the flow from region to region within the zone is better. Beats the hell out of the other options (Southern Barrens, Stonetalon, Ashenvale...)

border

LAUGHTREY said:
On the one hand, we have this CM saying that it's going to be a 1+ to download this pre-patch. They also said they're going to give at least a months notice before removing Glory of the Ulduar achievement drakes. Of course this just could mean that the CM was misinformed and it could mean that they aren't taking out the iron-bound/rusted proto-drakes with 3.3

I don't trust Customer Service Reps any more than I trust Gamestop employees......but that said, I almost get the sense that maybe other stuff is holding the patch back. Maybe they still need to hammer out stuff with cross-server LFG or the IceCrown 5-mans or the Quest Helper mod?

Akim

Banned
If 3.3 came out before January I'd be disappointed. That would either mean that Season 7 would be going on during 3.3 which is a complete clusterfuck with the new gear, or the season ends way early which is just as bad.

Tamanon

Banned
Akim said:
If 3.3 came out before January I'd be disappointed. That would either mean that Season 7 would be going on during 3.3 which is a complete clusterfuck with the new gear, or the season ends way early which is just as bad.

If Arena causes the rest of WoW to wait another month on a patch it'll be an even bigger blight caused by arenas.

Chris R

Tamanon said:
If Arena causes the rest of WoW to wait another month on a patch it'll be an even bigger blight caused by arenas.
They should have split the arenas off into their own game before wotlk came out :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I can't believe the amount of World PVP on RP realms, specifically the server Moon Guard. It is insane. Popular towns and cities are constantly being ransacked, and the duel between Tarren Mill and Southshore is evident practically every day when I was there leveling through Hillsbrad.

I was about to get my Druid off and flying away from Stormwind after watching a mass of Horde get bashed back at the gates. An Undead Rogue came out of the shadows in the city square and drilled this Draenei Shaman who had been protecting the gates of the city moments ago, then consequently dashing off and disappearing.

Just like old times.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Akim said:

Who gives 2 shits about Arena though?

hobart

MrPing1000 said:
I've come back to WoW the past month and I slapped together a pretty decent interface for my needs but I'd like to sort it out properly now.

Which begs the question, whats the best way to go about it?

I want it to look like this.

http://www.methart.com/chaos/gaets/interface070304.jpg

I recognise a few addons from that but not all.

The key to a good UI is providing the player with the right amount of information you need... all the time. This one is pretty sleek and very clean... reminds me of mine.

SunnArt blacks out the bottom part of your screen and scales the game for you. Bartender is the Bar mod. Looks like he's using Chatter for his Chat addon. Elkano Buffbar is the addon to the upper left. I'm gonna assume he's using a version of titan bar for the top....... I don't know what unit frames he's using, but, you can have Xperl do EXACTLY what he has them doing -- and it will take care of raid frames as well. Looks like he's also using Scrolling combat text... maybe even SCT Damage. I don't know what those meters are to the lower right... but... I know I use Recount and it looks very similar. Couldn't tell you what map mod he's using.

That should be about it. The question is, tho, is that enough for you? I play a mage... so... I need other information outside of what he has here (he's a Warrior). CDs are very important to me... knowing when I have certain buffs is also important.... etc. You need to ask yourself: What do I need to know? And then once you have that answer... figure out where best it is to have that information so you can best utilize it.

Clean UI creation is an art and it takes time and practice. A lot of the reason you see ugly UIs is because most people use their addons only for function and not for form. Me....... I'm way too anal to play with stuff in my way. I'll throw my UI on here soon to give you a for instance.

border

rhfb said:
They should have split the arenas off into their own game before wotlk came out :lol
They really ought to have an Arena expansion pack that allows you to create a max-level character that can't do anything besides join BGs and Arenas and maybe Wintergrasp..... that way nobody has to complain when some other class becomes "overpowered". If Ret Paladins are the flavor of the month, then roll a ret paladin and jump right in to PVP.

Swag

MrPing1000 said:
I've come back to WoW the past month and I slapped together a pretty decent interface for my needs but I'd like to sort it out properly now.

I tried doing this but then I realised that there are people out there that can put together better UIs than I can, with better function and sleeker style :lol.

Been using this ever since : LUI v 2.0

Bisnic

Today is the day we can get our onyxia whelping companion. :D

It's cute, and it does the emote "Onyxia whelping takes in a deep breath..." every 5 mins. :lol

Cipherr

Anyone can tell me the command for making a macro to assist your focus? I had one and erased alot my settings recently. Ive lost all of my semi useful macros that I never cared enough to memorize the command lines of.

Akim said:
anyone who is actually good at it (not you)

I think his point is that they arent going to hold back a HUGE content patch back from the 90% of the playerbase just to keep everything status quo for the small portion of the userbase that arenas, and the even smaller subset of the arena userbase that would be bothered by the introduction of new PvE armor and weapons.

Arena flat out isnt important enough to hold off a huge content patch just so that it syncs well with that meta games seasons. Seriously.... You all being so good at it, Im sure you will adapt.

Cipherr

funkmastergeneral said:
Umm, I may be missing something here, but a macro of
/assist focus

should make you automatically assist what you have on focus

Dont think that would work. Im not in game now, but I know that Focus isn't a restricted name in the game which would cause a conflict, Im sure their coders wouldnt overlook that.

Ill admit I havent tried it. But something just tells me it has a different call than just 'focus'.

Retro

Bisnic said:
Today is the day we can get our onyxia whelping companion. :D

It's cute, and it does the emote "Onyxia whelping takes in a deep breath..." every 5 mins. :lol

Is it delivered via Mail? I was just on a few minutes ago, and nothing... I want my Baby Ony, dammnit!

Tamanon

Banned
It's delivered via mail. Plus, any character you log in on will get the Fifth anniversary feat of strength. Probably won't hit the US servers for another 4 hours.

Bisnic

Tamanon said:
It's delivered via mail. Plus, any character you log in on will get the Fifth anniversary feat of strength. Probably won't hit the US servers for another 4 hours.

I AM on a US server. All i had to do is log off and relog and i got both my achievement and Onyxia pet. But now that i think about it, maybe it's only the PST servers that are late.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Akim said:
anyone who is actually good at it (not you)

Puncture said:
I think his point is that they arent going to hold back a HUGE content patch back from the 90% of the playerbase just to keep everything status quo for the small portion of the userbase that arenas, and the even smaller subset of the arena userbase that would be bothered by the introduction of new PvE armor and weapons.

Arena flat out isnt important enough to hold off a huge content patch just so that it syncs well with that meta games seasons. Seriously.... You all being so good at it, Im sure you will adapt.

Hit the nail on the head there. Better enjoy these last few short arena seasons you have too, I'm guessing they won't be around once rated BGs come into play.

Tamanon

Banned
Bisnic said:
I AM on a US server. All i had to do is log off and relog and i got both my achievement and Onyxia pet. But now that i think about it, maybe it's only the PST servers that are late.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's midnight server time. So another hour for mine. Logged back in and wasn't there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom