• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryies

Neo Member
the game has been quite a bore to me to be honest since ulduar, and im going to be studying next year again, so im done with the game forever now. i havent logged on for a while now anyway

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
The complaining has gotten so stupid that we're actually discussing how PVP was better way back when you had to wait 6 hours for AV to start because at least you recognized the people that called you a fucking noob for every little thing you did wrong.

No acctually pre-tbc PVP was faster atleast in euroland and AV was maybe a 10min wait tops BG happend allmost instantly up till about midnight most days, where as after the patch and even now you can wait 10-20 or so depending on which you choose.

markot said:
I liked pvp, its just the 'system' of pvp sucks. It was at its best before honour points and all that crap. I come back every now and then, but they keep doing silly things like Wintergrasp and such >.<

Ive never liked raiding and crap though >.>

You use way too many ">.<"'s in your posts

Cipherr

Johnlenham said:
No acctually pre-tbc PVP was faster atleast in euroland and AV was maybe a 10min wait tops BG happend allmost instantly up till about midnight most days, where as after the patch and even now you can wait 10-20 or so depending on which you choose.

Yeah he is definitely talking from an Alliance viewpoint there. I wasnt ever waiting an hour for a BG even back in the old days of PvP. I liked my title for one sole reason.

It was unique in that not everyone had it, and it wasnt attainable anymore. A feat of strength achievement basically. I dont really need anymore reason than that to justify liking it. Id love it if they added new titles for the ranked BG's and left the old ones alone.

kai3345

Banned
Got Lich King for 10 bucks at a firesale today, once I get back home from visiting family for thanksgiving I can't wait to fire up WoW again.

border said:
Well, players that are new to Naxx are going to be ranged or melee DPS -- most people have better sense than to make their first run as a tank or healer. Explaining fights for DPS should be relatively easy....only the Heigan fight really requires perfect attention and execution.

Once you come down from your epic'ed out main characters, it is pretty astonishing how bad other players can be though. I'm just trying to get some Trial of the Champion runs in with my Death Knight alt, and I see "tanks" with 20K HP, wearing half defense gear and half PVP gear.

Unnecessary to say that, (the entire reason for the conversation IS that I know this FROM doing that) I can and have healed a 20k tank, I can't/won't/shouldn't heal some guy in ~232iLevel epics doing 2500 dps or just standing there when they get paralytic toxin, and I have been that undergeared alt smokin' the above in Recount despite gear being bluer than the Montana sky. THAT'S what we're going on about.

Moussi

i haven't played wow in awhile and my friend has told me about how i have 7 free days...
DAMN. THEIR GONNA GET ME ADDICTED AGAIN FUUUUUUUUUU

Wow @ MMO-Champion front page:

Boubouille said:
Player "beats the game" on Taiwanese Servers
There was a few posts about it on the forums during the past week and I'll assume it's worth a front page news. On taiwanese servers, &#23567;&#28784; from the guild &#31070;&#27171; (TW-Wrathbringer) succesfully completed all achievements in the game and is the first player to reach 986/986 achievements completed on the armory.

Technically he's still missing BB King (added with Patch 3.2.2) and his World Events achievements are down to 138/139 because of that, luckily a bug with an old PvP achievement gives him 165/164, that's how he got 986/986. The achievement count obviously doesn't take Feats of Strength into account because it's technically impossible to get all of them. (Well I guess you could race change to compete for the first level 80 undead/tauren/troll/orc/blood elf on the same character but I don't think you'll get all of them)

I could have waited until he gets his last achievement to report it but Patch 3.3 will probably (=99% chance) be deployed on live servers before he has a chance to do it. It would be a shame to not talk about it just because of that, and if you ever wondered if it's possible to complete all the achievements in the game you have your answer now: yes you can, it's just going to take a lot of dedication.
Can we officially say this guy has no life at all? Aside from getting all the possible achievements, he has (from the Feats of Strength page) the Furious Gladiator mount, Realm First 80 Tauren and Druid, Realm First 450 LW, First Aid and Cooking, Realm First in all the raiding feats (stuff like the realm first Maly, Death's Demise, etc.). He's bought all the collector's editions of the game. He has some other crazy shit there including stuff like Atiesh and whatnot.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Orbitcube said:

Can we officially say this guy has no life at all? Aside from getting all the possible achievements, he has (from the Feats of Strength page) the Furious Gladiator mount, Realm First 80 Tauren and Druid, Realm First 450 LW, First Aid and Cooking, Realm First in all the raiding feats (stuff like the realm first Maly, Death's Demise, etc.). He's bought all the collector's editions of the game. He has some other crazy shit there including stuff like Atiesh and whatnot.

There should be a secret 987th achievement for when you get all of them.

"Are you kidding me? : Get all 986 achievements.
Reward : The Fucking No-Life title & tabard."

Yaweee

kai3345 said:
So, I don't get back until sunday, will I still be able to redeem my 7 free days and get my onyxia pet by then?

By my understanding, yes. The deadline for the Onyxia pet is some time in the first few days of December (6th-ish?), and I don't believe the 7 free days has a listed expiration date.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm almost 99% sure the 986/986 guy probably has quite a few people playing that account.

If the goal was achievements it wouldn't be hard for 3-4 people to do I think.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
MrPing1000 said:
32 black knight heroic kills.

zero peacekeeper blades.

Grr.

I was in that boat for the tank shoulders, then they dropped the day I reached 30 triumph emblems... !

Lumine said:
I've always been a PvE player, but I loved to regularely do some PvP as well. Until WotLK came out and I hit level 80. The huge gap that comes with resilience on PvP gear just killed it for me. I pretty much avoid any world PvP because of it and haven't played a single BG or arena match in the past year. It's kind of dissapointing, because I liked having those PvP options next to the "main" game. I just lose any incentive to do them though when I start at such a huge dissadvantage because I have no resilience on my gear. I can't be arsed to grind for another set of items when I already spent so much time on my PvE items.

It's a shame and I really hope they will remove resilience from the game in Cataclysm, but I highly doubt it. :(

How much PvE do you do? I have a full set of PvP gear minus rings and trinkets which I either bought with badges or got from VoA, and so do most of my guildies who have never set foot in an arena or BG. PvP gear is absurdly easy to come by now.

Besides, I think that the effect of resilience is seriously overstated, unlss we're talking about the highest level of PvP in the game but I don't think that we are. If you just want to do some BGs or unrated arenas you can get by without much gear.

Iadien said:
I was in that boat for the tank shoulders, then they dropped the day I reached 30 triumph emblems... !

I was after them as well until I got lvl226 shoulders from xt in a pug 25 ulduar. They dropped the next day :p

Xabora

ToyMachine228 said:
Trying to decide if I should use that 7-day code that Blizz sent me. Do they expire? Was thinking of waiting for 3.3 if I'm going to use it.
3.3 should be Dec 1st or Dec 8th.
So hang onto it and use it the day after the release of 3.3 (so you dont waste days on server downtime.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
I probably shouldn't tell you that my Deathknight has two of them in case he dual wield tanks in 3.3.
I have three, one I meant to vendor, but forgot to :lol

Xabora

MrPing1000 said:
err 3.3 won't be out this year.
beir81.gif

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
blizzard sent me an email saying they'd offer me 7 days for free. the temptation to play my warlock again was too strong... so now after over a year of not playing the game, i'm back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

any tips for leveling a warlock from 70-80? good specs? i went with an affliction build for now. seems pretty good. dot everything up, throw in a haunt or drain life, and wipe out entire towns without stopping.

I tried looking for an expiration date and couldn't find anything. I'd like to know for sure though cause it'd be nice to have that week free saved if/when I decide to play again.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
At level 54. My partner's sister is leveling a Rogue with me but she has to catch up, however it is quite scary to see that each time she hits a new level, so do I i.e. 21-51, 22-52, 23-53. I don't know whether it is because Feral Druids have zero downtime whilst thrashing through mobs like butter, or if she's just a bit too slow after spending a huge amount of time away from the game.

Scrow said:
any tips for leveling a warlock from 70-80? good specs? i went with an affliction build for now. seems pretty good. dot everything up, throw in a haunt or drain life, and wipe out entire towns without stopping.
Just hit up wowwiki.com as they're usually a decent and quick source for build specs.

Orbitcube said:

That takes work on a guild/friends-wide scale. Guildie has well north of 700 and called in some favors from alliance players on 3 servers to get some the PvP ones done over the course of 3 weeks (took ALOT of planning). Something on this scale like I said, musta been a huge undertaking. Now he sells it for 12,000$ :lol

My sub runs out on monday and I don't plan on resubbing at least for a week. If they send me a free 7 day pass I'll use it lol, but I just feel burned out from the raiding grind. I'm tired of the drama and lack of focus my guild's raids feature. We have many great players but I often get the impression that people aren't trying hard enough. And not in a "dps harder dammit!" way, more like "wow, we've wiped 5 times and you're still standing in fucking fire?" way.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PhoenixDark said:
My sub runs out on monday and I don't plan on resubbing at least for a week. If they send me a free 7 day pass I'll use it lol, but I just feel burned out from the raiding grind. I'm tired of the drama and lack of focus my guild's raids feature. We have many great players but I often get the impression that people aren't trying hard enough. And not in a "dps harder dammit!" way, more like "wow, we've wiped 5 times and you're still standing in fucking fire?" way.

My guild is/was like that as well. They're starting to (slowly) become harsher on dumb people holding back the 24 other people, just recruit recruit recruit and get the best of the bunch. Kick the rest.

Sober

MrPing1000 said:
I was after them as well until I got lvl226 shoulders from xt in a pug 25 ulduar. They dropped the next day :p
At least I'm hoping you didn't go from T9 -> lvl 245 right? That's what happened on my pally, doing H FC10, the shoulders drop and was relieved. Would've gotten a trophy anyway, but tanking shoulders in my guild did not exist.

markot

Banned
Its all moot unless they bother to upgrade the old 'classic' races >_<

They look so stupid compared to the new stuff. Hell, compared to the TBC stuff!

Entropia

No One Remembers
For reals, the Gilneas stuff looks amazing. It's a great gothic feel/sense with the attire of the NPCs and just the overall tone and mood of the zone.

The Goblin zone on the other hand is very tropic and reminiscent of STV.

Akim

Banned
Entropia said:
For reals, the Gilneas stuff looks amazing. It's a great gothic feel/sense with the attire of the NPCs and just the overall tone and mood of the zone.

The Goblin zone on the other hand is very tropic and reminiscent of STV.

I thought the goblin starting zone was much more fun to play compared to the worgen. Both looked great though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Maybe they will now allow you to go through stormwind on a larger sized mount, ffs!

I got asked if i wanted to play shadow on my priest, I haven't raided in over a month so i'm a little bit torn on the idea of going back. I don't have any real shadow gear (although it seems i have 4p T8 :lol ) Everything else is full healing based.

Any spriests on gaf? Any hints / tips items i should look out for that are easy to get?

I know EJ and shadowpriest.com exist and i'm looking over those now but i did want to take into account any opinions on gaf.

Entropia

No One Remembers
evlcookie said:
Any spriests on gaf? Any hints / tips items i should look out for that are easy to get?

I know EJ and shadowpriest.com exist and i'm looking over those now but i did want to take into account any opinions on gaf.

I don't play an S. Prist, but... you're going to kick ass in 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom