• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

Done the Ice Crown Heroics 11 times so far and not a single Battered Hilt drop, Getting a bit frustrating. Was hoping to have that weapon by ICC raid tonight. Even made sure to kill every mob including the skippable pulls :lol

Belfast

Anyone else enjoying the music in the 5-mans/ICC? There's some good, mellow (but just slightly industrial/creepy) tracks in 3.3. I usually play with the music low or off, but I think it's worth turning up the volume for this patch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sebulon3k said:
Done the Ice Crown Heroics 11 times so far and not a single Battered Hilt drop, Getting a bit frustrating. Was hoping to have that weapon by ICC raid tonight. Even made sure to kill every mob including the skippable pulls :lol
[2. Trade]Roguesftw: WTS [Battered Hilt], 20000g PST

:lol

I like the music in the new 5 mans.

Which one you you guy's server rolls NEED on Frozen Orbs? I've been seeing this when doing cross-server random heroics. WTF? Are they just ninjaing the orbs or do some servers actually need on them every time?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oni Link 666 said:

Which one you you guy's server rolls NEED on Frozen Orbs? I've been seeing this when doing cross-server random heroics. WTF? Are they just ninjaing the orbs or do some servers actually need on them every time?
There's not even really any good use for them anymore beyond Spellthread.

NZNova

Bisnic said:
Halls of Reflection wouldn't be that bad if at least there wasn't so many ranged mobs to kill in the Frostmourne room. It's hard for the tank to get all of them on him.

That's why you have your group gather up in the entrance hallway or behind one of the bosses. The mobs all run over helpfully to deposit their corpses at your feet.

Angry Grimace

NZNova said:
That's why you have your group gather up in the entrance hallway or behind one of the bosses. The mobs all run over helpfully to deposit their corpses at your feet.
Ranged mobs don't run over to you because they are ranged.

Angry Grimace said:
Ranged mobs don't run over to you because they are ranged.

You can LoS pull them by hiding behind the wall, hence the point of doing it there.

Sebulon3k said:

I've seen 5 so far, and have done the Icecrown Heroics 5 times :(

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Oni Link 666 said:

2 people on my PUG were needing the orbs as well. I gave them a "WTF" and they were like "who cares they're 10G on the AH now." To which I responded "Good Point."

It isn't 3.1 anymore.

But then again I also saw a DPS caster roll on MP5 gear and WIN the roll over the healer, and no one even said anything (including the healer). So... whatever.

GDJustin said:
2 people on my PUG were needing the orbs as well. I gave them a "WTF" and they were like "who cares they're 10G on the AH now." To which I responded "Good Point."

It isn't 3.1 now.

But then again I also saw a DPS caster roll on MP5 gear and WIN the roll over the healer, and no one even said anything (including the healer). So... whatever.

My group actually decided to kick a guy out after he rolled need on a frozen orb:lol

I didn't give a shit, but my groupmates were RIPSHIT. DPS are a dime a dozen so we had no problem replacing him in seconds.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
You can LoS pull them by hiding behind the wall, hence the point of doing it there.

I've seen 5 so far, and have done the Icecrown Heroics 5 times :(
I seem to recall a doorway having been there. It didn't seem to my recollection like a wall of sufficient LoS-blocking existed there. But perhaps that's just a bad recollection.

Who the hell NEEDs those orbs in the first place? I must have literally 20 or so among my characters and no real use for them either.

If I had known about the Levitate solution for HoR, I would have just gotten my own priest to Levitate a party member, ran out and re logged and stood near the bottom of the ship and let that guy open the Captain's Chest. :lol

Evlar

Banned
Shadow priests seem to be kicking ass now, based on my limited time facing off against a few of them in battlegrounds.

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
[2. Trade]Roguesftw: WTS [Battered Hilt], 20000g PST

Saw someone put one of them on the AH for 10k last night and it was gone this morning :lol, wish I had that kind of gold to throw around. I'm probably just going to end up farming PoS initial mobs tomorrow or today if I can RNG my way into a pre made PoS

Edit : Again :lol

2d7bt6w.jpg

I could see myself spending a significant amount of gold on the hilt if
1) It was a huge upgrade for me
2) wasn't a freaking mace

Those quests rewards are fucking awesome.

Played around with the randon LFG on my shaman...it's amazing. Definitely one of the most exciting additions to the game. I did three instances pretty quickly. The loading screen takes awhile, and sometimes it took a few tries before being teleported to the instance but overall it worked well.

Atrophis

Did the three new dungeons, only on normal so far (glad i did because i forgot to update my add ons and healing was annoying enough).

They are pretty cool although Halls of Reflections is a tad boring.

Cant believe how many emblems are being given out now, going to be sooooo easy to gear up for better raids :D

One negative though is that with the complete removal of the old LFG system its back to begging in chat for PUG raids with no other tool to help you find players. A small backward step.

Swag

Atrophis said:
One negative though is that with the complete removal of the old LFG system its back to begging in chat for PUG raids with no other tool to help you find players. A small backward step.

There's a raid interface that shows you everyone in queue for every raid all the way back to UPBS, and any group currently in the queue as well showing how many bosses have been killed. It's on the Raid tab.

Atrophis

Well so there is. That'll teach me to not read the patch notes :p

But perhaps its should be in a tab in the same window as the dungeon finder?

EDIT: According to dungeon browser im geared enough for nearly every raid. Thats news to me :lol

J-Rzez

Uggh. I hope they don't follow that 4 weeks til new wing model. We downed this wing already, with ease at that. Cool fights, but it was pretty easy.

VaLiancY said:
Just pull out your credit card now, you know can't fight it.
I have a funny feeling ill crack by friday, especially if I dont go clubbing that night. Fuuuu:lol
the new LFG thing sounds awesome and now I dont have to arse about looking for pug raids.

Weenerz

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Saw someone put one of them on the AH for 10k last night and it was gone this morning :lol, wish I had that kind of gold to throw around. I'm probably just going to end up farming PoS initial mobs tomorrow or today if I can RNG my way into a pre made PoS

Edit : Again :lol

2d7bt6w.jpg

4k for a hilt isnt so bad if it is an upgrade. I'd do it if they were that cheap on my realm.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm a big fan of 5mans, always have been. It's probably my favorite part of WoW. But everyone gets into their own cliques and I never found a great group to run with in WotLK. There's a couple LK 5mans I've *never* done, in fact (HoL).

So, this LFG tool is a godsend. As DPS it takes me a little bit to get matched up, but it works EXTREMELY well. I queue up, begin doing my dailies. Get matched, run the dungeon, then go right back to dailies afterwards. Fantastic.

The main reason I stopped playing WoW in the summer was just efficiency/wasted time. I'd realize an HOUR had gone by and I had actually "accomplished" very little because it takes so long to travel, takes so long to get a group, etc. Where in 1 hour I would have accomplished a ton in a console game. So... with this tool allowing me to intersperse a few dungeons in between some dailies... it's great.

My only request is I wish you could queue for a 5man and a raid at the same time. I anticipate evenings were I wouldn't mind pugging one of the ICC 5mans or Ony/ToC. But I have to pick one or the other to search for.

Retro

Had a Failpug for my first HoR Heroic run.

For some reason they insisted everything be tanked near the altar, while warrior and rogue went out and took care of ranged mobs. Seems to me it would have made made more sense to just clump up on the mages and tank everything on the spot, then worry about the Hunter.

Finally cleared that event, tore through the little mini-event with the clones, and started the escape portion. As a Tankadin, I've got two tools for AoE tanking the mobs; Consecration (spammed every time it's off CD), and Holy Wrath (same). I save Avenger's Shield to silence and then pick up the casters.

Seems like it should have worked fine, but instead of focus firing on one target at a time, I've got the Rogue and Warrior stabbing Abominations as quick as he can as soon as they can... OUTSIDE OF CONSECRATION. Learn to focus fire for fuck's sake.

So the rogue aggros, and of course he's standing in such a way that everyone in the group gets hosed by the abomination's spray... and things just fell apart from there. Rogue starts bitching that I need to learn to use consecration. We votekicked him on the spot and a few people had to go, so we dropped it.

First LFG Failure. That's 4-1 for me.

Evlar

Banned
Retro said:
Had a Failpug for my first HoR Heroic run.

For some reason they insisted everything be tanked near the altar, while warrior and rogue went out and took care of ranged mobs. Seems to me it would have made made more sense to just clump up on the mages and tank everything on the spot, then worry about the Hunter.

Finally cleared that event, tore through the little mini-event with the clones, and started the escape portion. As a Tankadin, I've got two tools for AoE tanking the mobs; Consecration (spammed every time it's off CD), and Holy Wrath (same). I save Avenger's Shield to silence and then pick up the casters.

Seems like it should have worked fine, but instead of focus firing on one target at a time, I've got the Rogue and Warrior stabbing Abominations as quick as he can as soon as they can... OUTSIDE OF CONSECRATION. Learn to focus fire for fuck's sake.

So the rogue aggros, and of course he's standing in such a way that everyone in the group gets hosed by the abomination's spray... and things just fell apart from there. Rogue starts bitching that I need to learn to use consecration. We votekicked him on the spot and a few people had to go, so we dropped it.

First LFG Failure. That's 4-1 for me.
I think what we should take from this is, even with the cross-server LFG tool making groups easy to find, DPS ought to step lightly when criticizing the tank.

And I think you were perfectly justified.

explodet

One thing I noticed with all the ranged mobs flying around these instances.... CC actually WORKS. As a shaman healer I hexed one of the humanoid caster mobs in the Forge of Souls, and it actually stayed a frog while 3 other mobs went down, even with all this AOE damage flying around.

So dust off those CC buttons, they may come in handy.

Evlar

Banned
explodet said:
One thing I noticed with all the ranged mobs flying around these instances.... CC actually WORKS. As a shaman healer I hexed one of the humanoid caster mobs in the Forge of Souls, and it actually stayed a frog while 3 other mobs went down, even with all this AOE damage flying around.

So dust off those CC buttons, they may come in handy.
Haven't done Halls of Reflection yet but the first thing I intend to do when I get online tonight is assign Shackle Undead to a hotkey.

Angry Grimace

Evlar said:
Haven't done Halls of Reflection yet but the first thing I intend to do when I get online tonight is assign Shackle Undead to a hotkey.
I never even really considered it while running the dungeon, but Repentence/Shackle Undead is a good idea during both events since they are very space cramped.

Angry Grimace

I just announced, "This LFG tool sucks. It's too slow ><"

4 seconds later:

"A GROUP HAS BEEN FORMED!"

Tamanon

Banned
Man, if you're a healer or a tank, it's even easier to get a quick group now. Plus it seems the LFD system is making hybrid classes actually want to use their tanking or healing spec, always good for more folks to learn.

Onyxia appears to be broken atm, phase 2 never ends even if she gets to 1hp :lol

Oh and they've fudged up enemy pathing for tanks. It's insanely hard to turn a mob around atm.

New dungeons are awesome, blasted thru the 3 new heroics with a lfg pug with 2 or 3 wipes over the whole thing, nice.

Did HoR 8 times, no bloody shield. Peacekeeper blade took me 36 toc hc runs. Let the grind begin.

Macattk15

The buffs to Mutilate spec are awesome.

This was 10 man Deathbringer. All the melee stayed on him the whole time, ranged killed the blood beasts when they spawned.

I even had to keep up a bleed occasionally to reapply Hunger For Blood. No Feral or Imp Icy Touch / Windfury. This spec is so going to be nerfed.

Belfast

bengraven said:
Jesus, friend of mine already ran all three dungeons on normal and heroic just last night and already has fucking Quel’dalar.

Everyone's going to have a Quel'dalar before the week is out, to be realistic.

Finally got through all three of the new heroics.
Man, I love them.
Great design, awesome music, and fun boss fights.
Just seems like a lot more work put into them than the other heroics in Northrend.

Cipherr

GriffD17 said:
Wait. So what's the procedure for looking for raids now?

/LFR

And it gets like next to no flashy focus like the LFG function does. Because of this the Ony and ToC/VoA runs have slowed a great deal until everyone discovers it and starts using it. The number of runs are cut in half.

And is anyone noticing the random heroic run favoring the new 3 instances heavily? I did 3 randoms, and got one of each today. Just seemed the odds of that happening would be low.

GriffD17 said:
Wait. So what's the procedure for looking for raids now?

Same as it always was, isn't it?
I suppose, if you're guild wants to fit the old 10 mans into their schedule for the quest then that's fine.

Puncture said:
/LFR

And it gets like next to no flashy focus like the LFG function does. Because of this the Ony and ToC/VoA runs have slowed a great deal until everyone discovers it and starts using it. The number of runs are cut in half.

And is anyone noticing the random heroic run favoring the new 3 instances heavily? I did 3 randoms, and got one of each today. Just seemed the odds of that happening would be low.

I got UP myself.

J-Rzez

That sword is pretty nice though too, but I got

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50761
and
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50798

Last night heh.

Also got:
http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50453 off trash, which is sweet and

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50788

Outside of the axe, no real tank gear dropped for me, but I gladly took the DPS gear as that was my role last night, and rolling unholy, I did some good damage, so now with my gear I'm good to roll either tank or dps now.

I got some room to play around with hit rating now so I can swap in some of the crit gear i have laying in the bags.

Yaweee

Two days, 11 epics - assuming my petition to get my boots goes through. It just literally never went to my inventory after winning it. I also have 36000+ Honor, 42 Emblems of Triumph, and a fair number of Wintergrasp things, so it depends on which slots I decide to use what on at this time.

Puncture said:

Presumably, you're being matched up with people that are selecting only those three instances. When you select Random, you're not pairing only with people that also chose Random- it's anybody. You're being rewarded with extra badges for filling in the gaps and greasing the LFG system.

Tamanon

Banned
Puncture said:
/LFR

A ton of folks are running the new instances, and a lot of folks are LFGing specifically for them, so random folks fill those slots. ESPECIALLY if you're a tank or a healer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom