• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
arts&crafts said:
haha no joke farming for ore is the most fun I have had in this game for a while. Firstly, each time you find a titanium node you get overjoyed. Secondly, I spent an hour farming WG today and got 400saronite and 20titanium ore. From that titanium I prospected 2Epic gems which = 250 each. So in an hour I made about 800gold (including the 400saronite prospected). Finally, I love killing alliance when I am farming. Today I killed a dk as he was mining a titanium :lol he must have been pissed.
Epic gems are 250 on your server?

Even so, it's a waste to prospect Titanium. The actual rate you get epic gems isn't high enough to really justify it vs. selling the ore. You got pretty lucky to get two gems from it, and even then, not all gems are created equal.

Angry Grimace said:
Epic gems are 250 on your server?

Even so, it's a waste to prospect Titanium. The actual rate you get epic gems isn't high enough to really justify it vs. selling the ore. You got pretty lucky to get two gems from it, and even then, not all gems are created equal.

well I also get on average 1 titanium powder per prospect, and people tip 50g for some of the new cuts so I dont mind :lol

Also, I dont know what stacks of titanium go for on your realm, but its max 275 on mine.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've had some LFG pug wipes and some not-so-great groups, but I had my first bonafide FAILPUG last night. And it was a doozy.

It was Pit of Saron and the tank says "I'm going to chain pull, guys" so I'm thinking to myself "great - should be a fast group I'll just AOE AOE AOE."

So the tank proceeds to pull 3-4 entire groups. Within about 2 seconds I have mobs all over me because the tank isn't even CLOSE to holding them all. Insta-wipe.

So I get back inside, begin to cast my pet, eat, etc. Before I'm even rebuffed, and while one dude is still dead, THE TANK STARTS PULLING AGAIN. I know it's just trash, but goddamn.

So after a while the dead player is like "I don't know where the entrance is" and trying to keep the mood light I reply "You'll have lots of practice finding it if this tank keeps chain pulling."

This starts a little mini flame war between the tank and his Hunter buddy and me. Hunter is telling me to keep my mouth shut with my DPS as low as it is. I try to explain that the meters don't work in cross-server groups yet but he isn't listening. I also point out that my (supposedly) low DPS hasn't wiped the group, unlike the tanking antics.

We wipe on Garfrost (went to him first for some reason) due to group damage. That's when our healer drops this gem: "Sorry my heals are a little weak I'm actually Ret." I just dropped group without a word and signed off for the night.

GDJustin said:
I've had some LFG pug wipes and some not-so-great groups, but I had my first bonafide FAILPUG last night. And it was a doozy.

It was Pit of Saron and the tank says "I'm going to chain pull, guys" so I'm thinking to myself "great - should be a fast group I'll just AOE AOE AOE."

So the tank proceeds to pull 3-4 entire groups. Within about 2 seconds I have mobs all over me because the tank isn't even CLOSE to holding them all. Insta-wipe.

So I get back inside, begin to cast my pet, eat, etc. Before I'm even rebuffed, and while one dude is still dead, THE TANK STARTS PULLING AGAIN. I know it's just trash, but goddamn.

So after a while the dead player is like "I don't know where the entrance is" and trying to keep the mood light I reply "You'll have lots of practice finding it if this tank keeps chain pulling."

This starts a little mini flame war between the tank and his Hunter buddy and me. Hunter is telling me to keep my mouth shut with my DPS as low as it is. I try to explain that the meters don't work in cross-server groups yet but he isn't listening. I also point out that my (supposedly) low DPS hasn't wiped the group, unlike the tanking antics.

We wipe on Garfrost (went to him first for some reason) due to group damage. That's when our healer drops this gem: "Sorry my heals are a little weak I'm actually Ret." I just dropped group without a word and signed off for the night.

Holy shit :lol
Ive only had one fail pug and that was on my DK tanking and people rushing to fight Hardonix and bugging it out so he would just reheal to 100% while the adds kept coming, it was a mess.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I did a chain heroic group with 3 other people yesterday and we got 4 straight hunters as the 5th under 1000 DPS. One of them was at 370.

FLEABttn

Banned
Little bit of math time and the Hilt from the ICC5 instances.

The Armory lists the drop rate of the hilt as 1-2% from any mob in these instances. We'll go low and say it's a 1% drop. Meaning the chance of it not dropping is 99%. The three instances combined probably have about 150 mobs/bosses in there. .99 to the 150th power is .2215%, meaning that the odds of not seeing a hilt are only 22.15% after clearing an instance, right?

This seems off though, because that means while it is mathematically possible that I haven't seen it yet, I probably should have considering I've been clearing it everyday since patch.

Is my math off? Have I forgotten stats? Is Blizz lying about the Hilt's drop rate?

Angry Grimace

FLEABttn said:
Little bit of math time and the Hilt from the ICC5 instances.

The Armory lists the drop rate of the hilt as 1-2% from any mob in these instances. We'll go low and say it's a 1% drop. Meaning the chance of it not dropping is 99%. The three instances combined probably have about 150 mobs/bosses in there. .99 to the 150th power is .2215%, meaning that the odds of not seeing a hilt are only 22.15% after clearing an instance, right?

This seems off though, because that means while it is mathematically possible that I haven't seen it yet, I probably should have considering I've been clearing it everyday since patch.

Is my math off? Have I forgotten stats? Is Blizz lying about the Hilt's drop rate?
The Hilt's drop rate was quite high in the first two days.

Blizzard probably needs to increase the drop rate substantially and cause it to bind on pickup and/or remove the ability of players who have completed the quest or have one already (the former would remove the possibility of the latter).

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
The Hilt's drop rate was quite high in the first two days.

Blizzard probably needs to increase the drop rate substantially and cause it to bind on pickup and/or remove the ability of players who have completed the quest or have one already (the former would remove the possibility of the latter).

I thought it was dropped to 1-2%. Though less would make sense given the math. Even a 1/1000 drop would give me an 88% chance. of seeing it drop in a two week period.

Making it BoE seemed sort of pointless. I know that isn't unprecedented (looking at you Foror's Compendium), but buying items leading to quests always seemed sort of cheesy to me. Your solution I like. I'm not a fan of people "needing" items to sell.

I wish there was a dagger from the hilt. I know its a "sword" but i mean there is a 2 handed and 1 handed mace aswell as 4 different swords :lol I guess every rogue will be forced to go combat pre-raid

Angry Grimace

arts&crafts said:
I wish there was a dagger from the hilt. I know its a "sword" but i mean there is a 2 handed and 1 handed mace aswell as 4 different swords :lol I guess every rogue will be forced to go combat pre-raid
Except that Mutilate does way better damage than Combat. The issue here is, you can't go Muti if you are a 10 man raiding guild, since there are no daggers in ICC-10.

arts&crafts said:
Nothing's forcing you to take the sword. You can do fine in raids with gear just from the heroics, including daggers. I don't think Quel'Delar is enough of a DPS increase to justify going combat, especially when you start raiding. I'm still wearing some Naxx25 gear and I'm not having any trouble keeping up with the other DPS.

EDIT:
Angry Grimace said:
The issue here is, you can't go Muti if you are a 10 man raiding guild, since there are no daggers in ICC-10.
Uhh, that would be very poor distribution of items on Blizz's part if they did that. Luckily they haven't. I mean, at the moment there's no daggers, but there's also lots of other things missing as well, so I don't think it really counts. http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51011/flesh-carving-scalpel/ http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51011/flesh-carving-scalpel/

Angry Grimace said:
I did a chain heroic group with 3 other people yesterday and we got 4 straight hunters as the 5th under 1000 DPS. One of them was at 370.
Not to leap to the defence of hunters but don't forget that recount is messed up for ranged in cross-realm groups. I had a group that was clearing insanely fast the other day but recount still had the paladin tank at twice the DPS of the hunters which was impossible.

Angry Grimace said:
Except that Mutilate does way better damage than Combat. The issue here is, you can't go Muti if you are a 10 man raiding guild, since there are no daggers in ICC-10.

I guess this is true, but it would be nice having a 251wep from heroics

also, I just started again last tuesday so I dont have a guild yet and my realm is TERRIBLE. Trying to find a decent one.

GDJustin

The biggest problem with the hilt is that it isn't BoP. What were they thinking?!?

Even with a 1-2% droprate, over time more and more people would eventually get the Hilt. Thousands a day. So the longer you went *without* getting it, the higher your chances became (since you were rolling for it against a smaller and smaller pool of people).

Without it being BoP you're competing against all 4 of your party members FOREVER.

Besides that, it just doesn't make *logical* sense. Since it isn't BoP that means someone at Blizz made the decision that someone that has already received a Battered Hilt should be allowed to receive a 2nd one. My question is... why?

Evlar

Banned
GDJustin said:
The biggest problem with the hilt is that it isn't BoP. What were they thinking?!?

Even with a 1-2% droprate, over time more and more people would eventually get the Hilt. Thousands a day. So the longer you went *without* getting it, the higher your chances became (since you were rolling for it against a smaller and smaller pool of people).

Without it being BoP you're competing against all 4 of your party members FOREVER.

Besides that, it just doesn't make *logical* sense. Since it isn't BoP that means someone at Blizz made the decision that someone that has already received a Battered Hilt should be allowed to receive a 2nd one. My question is... why?
If it's BoE then very few Hilts will be vendored or DE'd until the demand for the item is nearly satisfied. If they were BoP this would not be the case, as it's easy to imagine groups in which no one can use the item either because it doesn't align with their class/role or the character already has one. BoE items distribute throughout the game's population faster and further than BoP items.

EDIT: Take Darkmoon Faire cards as an example. If those were BoP the trinkets would remain among the rarest items in the game as a vast number of cards would go to waste (by being awarded to players who can't use them or don't want them) without any method to move the cards to the people who do want them. Getting the trinket you want would be akin to winning the lottery. Since they are BoE it's usually just a matter of saving enough cash.

J-Rzez

So, they came out with the four ring thing again with the ashen verdict or whatever. Once again, there's no DPS strength ring? They over look this all the time, then later patch in a quick fix, why do they keep doing this?

Angry Grimace

jim-jam bongs said:
Not to leap to the defence of hunters but don't forget that recount is messed up for ranged in cross-realm groups. I had a group that was clearing insanely fast the other day but recount still had the paladin tank at twice the DPS of the hunters which was impossible.
I had no reason to believe it's not working. To be fair, the hunter in question asked if he could need roll on Tattered Castle Drape.

Soroc

I'm having the biggest problem healing heroic Halls of Reflection. Its really disheartening because I know I'm a good priest and have healed pretty much anything thrown at me but this instance is my bane and a lot of times I feel its my fault. The last run I couldn't tell if dps wasn't high enough or the tank isn't getting the adds correctly but we did the LOS from the alcove and I felt like I was burning mana faster than I have since vanilla WoW. We wiped 5 times on the first boss :(

Heres a look at my spec/gear if anyone has any tips as a holy priest I'd be happy to hear them as of right now I've tried the heroic version 4 times and each time has been a fail. The one time I got to Lich King Chase, I was healing fine but the dps just wasn't enough to get the job done :(

Angry Grimace

Evlar said:
If it's BoE then very few Hilts will be vendored or DE'd until the demand for the item is nearly satisfied. If they were BoP this would not be the case, as it's easy to imagine groups in which no one can use the item either because it doesn't align with their class/role or the character already has one. BoE items distribute throughout the game's population faster and further than BoP items.

EDIT: Take Darkmoon Faire cards as an example. If those were BoP the trinkets would remain among the rarest items in the game as a vast number of cards would go to waste (by being awarded to players who can't use them or don't want them) without any method to move the cards to the people who do want them. Getting the trinket you want would be akin to winning the lottery. Since they are BoE it's usually just a matter of saving enough cash.
The demand for them will never be satisfied. They will just continue to be 10000 gold because the relative gain between Quel'delar and Darkmoon Cards, even Greatness, are oceans. The difference between Darkmoon Cards and the Battered Hilt is that the Cards are a crafted item that can be farmed in unlimited supply for a player that really wants to make Darkmoon cards. They aren't random drops on a set amount of runs per day. They are a reward for leveling a profession to max level. The fact that the Greatness card is and was overpowered is also compensation for the fact that it's signifcantly harder for an Inscriptionist to produce a full set than it is for, say, a Blacksmith to churn out a Titansteel Helm.

Hilts wouldn't be vendored or DE'd regardless, because Quest Items shouldn't drop for people that have completed the quest.

As for the argument that characters won't want one, QD has a reward for every class, and what does it matter if a group all has one? Why do they need another one? You make is sound as though people are going to keep running ICC-5 once they have Quel'delar. Hint: The only reason ICC is as popular as it is is because you have a chance at Quel'delar.

Epix

Ok someone help me understand this:

The droprates on the Shadowfrost Shards has been posted to the wowarmory. There's a high (51-99%) chance to drop from Heroic ICC 25 bosses and Medium (25-50%) from normal ICC 25 bosses. They must only drop once someone in the raid is actually on that leg of the quest, correct? Otherwise we'd already be seeing them. And if that's the case, that they're dependent on someone having the quest, then can we assume that everyone on the quest will be able to loot it? It seems strange to have an item that only drops when people are on the quest (ie the Sigils from hardmode Ulduar encounters) while simultaneously only letting one person receive the items (ie the Fragments in Ulduar). Does this strike anyone else as odd. Am I imagining this right?

Evlar

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
The demand for them will never be satisfied. They will just continue to be 10000 gold because the relative gain between Quel'delar and Darkmoon Cards, even Greatness, are oceans. The difference between Darkmoon Cards and the Battered Hilt is that the Cards are a crafted item that can be farmed in unlimited supply for a player that really wants to make Darkmoon cards. They aren't random drops on a set amount of runs per day. They are a reward for leveling a profession to max level. The fact that the Greatness card is and was overpowered is also compensation for the fact that it's signifcantly harder for an Inscriptionist to produce a full set than it is for, say, a Blacksmith to churn out a Titansteel Helm.

Hilts wouldn't be vendored or DE'd regardless, because Quest Items shouldn't drop for people that have completed the quest.

As for the argument that characters won't want one, QD has a reward for every class, and what does it matter if a group all has one? Why do they need another one? You make is sound as though people are going to keep running ICC-5 once they have Quel'delar. Hint: The only reason ICC is as popular as it is is because you have a chance at Quel'delar.
You don't think a chance at rolling on a 5000+ gold BoE is incentive? Some people farmed the Brewfest boss every day for the duration of the event to get as many Tankards as possible, and those are worth a tenth as much as the Hilt. Of course people are going to run ICC5 to get that item even after they've got one for their own quest... that's the whole point behind BoE and the auction system.

Angry Grimace

Soroc said:
I'm having the biggest problem healing heroic Halls of Reflection. Its really disheartening because I know I'm a good priest and have healed pretty much anything thrown at me but this instance is my bane and a lot of times I feel its my fault. The last run I couldn't tell if dps wasn't high enough or the tank isn't getting the adds correctly but we did the LOS from the alcove and I felt like I was burning mana faster than I have since vanilla WoW. We wiped 5 times on the first boss :(

Heres a look at my spec/gear if anyone has any tips as a holy priest I'd be happy to hear them as of right now I've tried the heroic version 4 times and each time has been a fail. The one time I got to Lich King Chase, I was healing fine but the dps just wasn't enough to get the job done :(
Cast Shackle Undead on Mages, because they are counterspelling you.

Put PW:S up on party members during Falric, because the fear move is causing shadow damage to you while you are feared. Also, Fear Ward. Also, Shadow Protection Prayer. Your shields will be much crappier as Holy than Disc, but still worthwhile. You should almost always keep a PW:S on yourself, because if you start to take damage through the shield, your tank is not doing his job right.

Discipline is significantly more effective on the encounter simply because PW:S is overpowered in 5 man groups. The reason for this is, a) PW:S doesn't cost particularly much in terms of mana, b) You get mana back from your talents if it goes down. If it goes down, it means the spell was extremely mana efficient. If it doesn't go down, you weren't wasting any heals on those party members anyways.

The fact is, even in HoR-Heroic, I cast very very few actual Flash Heals. I cast PW:S, Penance, and Prayer of Mending like 90% of the time.

The chase is kind of a pain in the ass, but it doesn't really become a clusterfuck until the 4th wall. At that point, you should be thinking about pre-shielding the whole group with PoMs ready to go on the tank. Another thing that you should always have ready to blow during the 4th wall is a trusty Inner Focus/Divine Hymn Macro. DH is that Oh SHIT button that most priests forget they have, but it's overpowered when you chain it with Inner Focus because DH is super expensive, but because it's a channel, you LEAVE 5 second regen when you chain it with IF because 5 second rule requires a spell to actually consume mana.

J-Rzez said:
So, they came out with the four ring thing again with the ashen verdict or whatever. Once again, there's no DPS strength ring? They over look this all the time, then later patch in a quick fix, why do they keep doing this?
My guess is, they probably literally believe it's compensation for Plate classes getting Shadowmourne and/or Shadow's Edge.

Angry Grimace

Evlar said:
You don't think a chance at rolling on a 5000+ gold BoE is incentive? Some people farmed the Brewfest boss every day for the duration of the event to get as many Tankards as possible, and those are worth a tenth as much as the Hilt. Of course people are going to run ICC5 to get that item even after they've got one for their own quest... that's the whole point behind BoE and the auction system.
Except that has no context. Quel'delar isn't equal to some random blue cape from Heroic Utgarde Keep. It's a Icecrown raid quality item that has a grand quest associated with it.

I simply don't see how it being worth a lot makes a difference; and I don't see where you're coming up with the idea that Blizzard needs to incentive-ize trying to get Quel'delar any more than the actual Quel'delar reward. The fact is, I don't think Blizzard put Quel'delar in the game to make lootninjas rich.

And using the Tankard proves the opposite point; lots of people who could have used them didn't get the Tankards because Mages and Warlocks decided to roll on the Tankards for cash, even against Frost DKs, Ehn. Shamans and Combat Rogues. Using that logic, why isn't all the gear from ICC-5 in general BoE?

The game isn't designed around getting easy cash, and I really really doubt that Blizzard's intent was to get people rich. And the point of the AH is not to give people an incentive to roll on gear they already have over people that can use it. Everything about the game tells us that's not what we're supposed to do.

Soroc

Angry Grimace said:
Cast Shackle Undead on Mages, because they are counterspelling you.

Put PW:S up on party members during Falric, because the fear move is causing shadow damage to you while you are feared. Also, Fear Ward. Also, Shadow Protection Prayer. Your shields will be much crappier as Holy than Disc, but still worthwhile. You should almost always keep a PW:S on yourself, because if you start to take damage through the shield, your tank is not doing his job right.

Discipline is significantly more effective on the encounter simply because PW:S is overpowered in 5 man groups. The reason for this is, a) PW:S doesn't cost particularly much in terms of mana, b) You get mana back from your talents if it goes down. If it goes down, it means the spell was extremely mana efficient. If it doesn't go down, you weren't wasting any heals on those party members anyways.

The fact is, even in HoR-Heroic, I cast very very few actual Flash Heals. I cast PW:S, Penance, and Prayer of Mending like 90% of the time.

The chase is kind of a pain in the ass, but it doesn't really become a clusterfuck until the 4th wall. At that point, you should be thinking about pre-shielding the whole group with PoMs ready to go on the tank. Another thing that you should always have ready to blow during the 4th wall is a trusty Inner Focus/Divine Hymn Macro. DH is that Oh SHIT button that most priests forget they have, but it's overpowered when you chain it with Inner Focus because DH is super expensive, but because it's a channel, you LEAVE 5 second regen when you chain it with IF because 5 second rule requires a spell to actually consume mana.

Thanks Angry! I have disc as a dual spec but only used it during leveling. Do you mind taking a look at my disc spec and let me know where I need to change talents? I know I have spirit tap that can be thrown out now that I'm not leveling, any other changes you think would be beneficial?

ps just prospected the 10titanium i found and got 2titanium powder and an ametrine. I don't mind prospecting them. And im already at 11k gold and I started with 3k on tuesday:D

Angry Grimace

Soroc said:
Thanks Angry! I have disc as a dual spec but only used it during leveling. Do you mind taking a look at my disc spec and let me know where I need to change talents? I know I have spirit tap that can be thrown out now that I'm not leveling, any other changes you think would be beneficial?
Based on your disc spec you have now; take 3 points out of Spirit Tap, and take 3 points out of Improved Renew.

Very few Disc priests in PvE cast Renew often, if at all, and Spirit Tap is virtually wasted points, because Disc is already very mana efficient and gains nothing beyond a pittance of of mp5 when it triggers anyways. You should not be running out of mana in 5 mans unless the group is doing something wrong anyways.

Allocate the 6 points you have left with first, 3 in Inspiration, which which is almost mandatory. Do not skip Inspiration. The other 3 should be in Focused Will. Focused Will is not a "mandatory" talent, but I personally feel it is generally a stronger use of your points than Improved Renew because Critical heals proc a lot of stuff for Disc, and having Inspiration AND Divine Aegis up on the tank means you can spend less mana having to heal him all the time.

Disc gets a bad rep because most players that spec Disc don't understand the mechanics of it and just want to spam Penance on cooldown. Penance is not the focus of your spell rotation, PW:S and Prayer of Mending are.

Soroc

Angry Grimace said:
Based on your disc spec you have now; take 3 points out of Spirit Tap, and take 3 points out of Improved Renew.

Very few Disc priests in PvE cast Renew often, if at all, and Spirit Tap is virtually wasted points, because Disc is already very mana efficient and gains nothing beyond a pittance of of mp5 when it triggers anyways. You should not be running out of mana in 5 mans unless the group is doing something wrong anyways.

Allocate the 6 points you have left with first, 3 in Inspiration, which which is almost mandatory. Do not skip Inspiration. The other 3 should be in Focused Will. Focused Will is not a "mandatory" talent, but I personally feel it is generally a stronger use of your points than Improved Renew because Critical heals proc a lot of stuff for Disc, and having Inspiration AND Divine Aegis up on the tank means you can spend less mana having to heal him all the time.

Disc gets a bad rep because most players that spec Disc don't understand the mechanics of it and just want to spam Penance on cooldown. Penance is not the focus of your spell rotation, PW:S and Prayer of Mending are.

Thanks for all the input Angry! When I get home tonight I'm gonna respec my disc tree and try out a couple reg heroics to get the feel for it before trying to jump back into HoR.

Yaweee

Epix said:
It seems strange to have an item that only drops when people are on the quest (ie the Sigils from hardmode Ulduar encounters) while simultaneously only letting one person receive the items (ie the Fragments in Ulduar). Does this strike anyone else as odd. Am I imagining this right?

That's how most quest drops work when you're partied. Singular items (those you only need one of, like Boss Heads) are usually exceptions, but not drops you need craptons of.

lordmrw

of all the god damned things i've had to do, I had to tank one of the bosses in Utgarde Keep because the retarded ass tank had his thumb up his ass. Rogues are not supposed to tank for fuck sake.

Angry Grimace

Epix said:

The droprates on the Shadowfrost Shards has been posted to the wowarmory. There's a high (51-99%) chance to drop from Heroic ICC 25 bosses and Medium (25-50%) from normal ICC 25 bosses. They must only drop once someone in the raid is actually on that leg of the quest, correct? Otherwise we'd already be seeing them. And if that's the case, that they're dependent on someone having the quest, then can we assume that everyone on the quest will be able to loot it? It seems strange to have an item that only drops when people are on the quest (ie the Sigils from hardmode Ulduar encounters) while simultaneously only letting one person receive the items (ie the Fragments in Ulduar). Does this strike anyone else as odd. Am I imagining this right?
Isn't that how most quest items work? The old chapters of Draconic for Dummies worked like that too.

The only reason it seems different than any regular quest item, i.e. Furblog Blood or something, is because for one, the quest item itself is over the loot threshold (99.9% of quest items are whites) and second, because you're looting the quest item in Master Looter mode and quest items don't often drop in Raid groups.

Cipherr

You can solo farm hilts in HPoS very easily. Just going to continue making an absurd amount of gold off of this until they figure out they need to nerf it.

Angry Grimace

Puncture said:
You can solo farm hilts in HPoS very easily. Just going to continue making an absurd amount of gold off of this until they figure out they need to nerf it.
Protips?

pl0x?

You can PM it if you're zealous on protecting the secret :lol :lol

Epix said:

I highly doubt everyone on the quest will be able to loot them each time they drop. In Blackwing Lair, the only people who could loot the head of of the Broodlord had to be on the quest, and only one person could win it per kill.

border

Puncture said:
You can solo farm hilts in HPoS very easily.

How so? It seems like most of the mobs there are pretty nasty.

I will take a PM as well....though I'd suspect you need some sort of self-healing class (pally most likely).

Angry Grimace

border said:
How so? It seems like most of the mobs there are pretty nasty.

I will take a PM as well....though I'd suspect you need some sort of self-healing class (pally most likely).
He may be referring to just Repenting the Necrolytes and blowing up their 8 Skeleton buddies with a Holy Wrath/Consecrate which to my understanding doesn't work as of 3.3a becuase the Hilt doens't drop off the skeletons.

So that Star's Tears thing got hotfixed, and now I fucking wish I had time travelling powers.

Why? Not because I got banned (I didn't, by the way), but because I missed out on 8k gold. While people were focused on the little water that could grant them a couple of grand, hidden away in the Alterac Mountains were these little bad boys. 1 honor gets you 200 arrows. Each arrow sells for 7 copper. That's 14 silver selling 200 arrows, 70 silver for 1000 arrows. 70 silver for 5 honor. Let's do the math.

75000 / 5 = 15000 stacks of arrows. 15000 * (70 / 100) = 10500 GOLD. It would've been tedious, but motherfucking worth it. Fucking Blizzard, why couldn't you have hotfixed it TOMORROW? Now they cost money as well, so you're operating at a loss if you buy and resell.

Tamanon said:
Money is meaningless in WoW anyways, there's always some mundane repetitive task you could do to make a lot of money.
:lol The same could be said about money in real life, but then again I would rather have real life currency :(

Tamanon said:
Money is meaningless in WoW anyways, there's always some mundane repetitive task you could do to make a lot of money.
But this is easily repetitive! I barely have to do anything. The thing I'm most sad about is that I COULD have had that money, but didn't get it.

border

Angry Grimace said:
He may be referring to just Repenting the Necrolytes and blowing up their 8 Skeleton buddies with a Holy Wrath/Consecrate which to my understanding doesn't work as of 3.3a becuase the Hilt doens't drop off the skeletons.

I actually went down to Pit of Saron after reading that post, and my Blood Death Knight can pretty easily solo Necrolytes if he is in tank gear and Frost Presence (probably don't even need Frost Presence). Almost all their damage comes from spells with a cast timer, and DKs have an interrupt that's up every 10 seconds.....plus a Silence and an Anti-Magic barrier that you can use if you get caught with your interrupt on CD.

Prot paladins might be able to do something similar....I don't know what interrupts they have available though. Prot warriors have even more interrupts than a DK but no reliable self-healing.....if one Shadowbolt slipped through you'd be screwed. I might be interested to see if an Affliction/Demonology Warlock could do it, with drain-tanking with Felpuppy to handle the spell-interrupts.

Every other mob in PoS, don't even think about solo'ing :lol Skeleton shovel guys give you a really quick beatdown, as do the AoE packs of ghouls/casters.

So basically there's like 4-5 mobs you can solo if you pull carefully, and each one probably takes 2 minutes or so to kill. So if the Hilt is really a 1% drop and you solo 5 mobs everyday then you should (in theory) have your Hilt in 20 days. I dunno if it's really worth the time it takes to fly all the damned way out there everyday to fight some mobs where a couple missed interrupts willfuck you over completely....but when you think about it people do dailies everyday for far less than an iLevel 251 weapon. At the same time, it's a lot of hassle and you'll never know if or when the Hilt might drop -- it could easily take months.

arts&crafts said:
:lol The same could be said about money in real life, but then again I would rather have real life currency :(
Real Life has a cost of living. In WoW you can save virtually every cent you earn. Not to mention there aren't jobs that you can choose to do or not do every day....most employers require you to show up whether you feel like it or not.

Xabora

I've modified the latest version of Recount to Properly show Scourge Strike Data.
2a7dkdi.png

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/320971559/Recount-SS.zip.html

Install like any other WoW Addon.

FLEABttn

Banned
Saw a hilt tonight, went to one of our paladins. So that's two of our 10 man raiders who have gotten a hilt.

Trying to run twice a day to maximize drop potential.

Angry Grimace

LAUGHTREY said:
Is it still critting? Or is the hotfix not applied until a server restart?
The hotfix was instantaneously applied two days after 3.3 launch :lol

They don't wait for hardcore nerfs.

GDJustin

Border the point is you can kill that trash without being saved. So you can do it over and over. It's not just the ~5 pulls per day.

vilmer_

I have the WORST luck with needing when it's only me and someone else! The trinket I needed finally dropped off of the Devourer of Souls, and the DK tank freaking won the roll for his DPS set ugh...

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Angry Grimace said:
The hotfix was instantaneously applied two days after 3.3 launch :lol

They don't wait for hardcore nerfs.

You must not know how hotfixes work then, as far as I can remember I've only seen them take effect after a restart.

Latest from recollection is the abyssal shatter which was on EU realms for a week before US realms, waiting for a restart for it to take effect.

Angry Grimace

LAUGHTREY said:
You must not know how hotfixes work then, as far as I can remember I've only seen them take effect after a restart.

Latest from recollection is the abyssal shatter which was on EU realms for a week before US realms, waiting for a restart for it to take effect.
My main is an Unholy DK and I wasn't critting with Shadow on Thursday afternoon. It was applied BEFORE it was even announced is my point.

zam

I've ran all three new heroics on my rogue and DK alt every day since the patch hit and havent even seen a hilt drop. That's 6 days * 6 instances/day = 36 runs, that multiplied by however many mobs are in the instance you'd think I'd have seen the hilt at least once. Got a ilvl 264 sword for my rogue in ICC 25 so I don't need it for him, but would be sweet for my dk, though seeing as the hilt is going for 15-16k on my server I think my DK can live without it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom