• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaweee

speedpop said:
I'm expecting a big pre-Cataclysm patch the month before the game, ala Burning Crusade.

It's going to make the lore nerd within me squeal.

It sounds like he's talking about something other than the obvious 4.0 patch, something smaller.

keiichi

Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

Based on feedback we’ve been provided by players, we’d like to make you aware of a couple of changes we are applying to Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Halls via in-game fixes. Firstly, we are increasing the drop rate of the Battered Hilt in all three wings of this Heroic five-player dungeon. We have seen a great deal of discussion about this item’s chance of dropping since the release of patch 3.3.0 and agree that it is currently too low. As a result, players should find greater accessibility to this item while running these dungeons, or while trading with other players who have it.

In light of this change, we are also removing the chance for the Battered Hilt or any other epic item to drop from the Skeletal Slaves in the Pit of Saron. The need to “farm” these creatures for the Battered Hilt should be reduced by our first in-game fix and will no longer result in a chance for epic loot or Battered Hilts.

You’re welcome to discuss these changes in this thread and provide us with any additional feedback you may have. Please refrain from creating additional threads about these in-game fixes at this time.

You can find a full list of recent in-game fixes here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=21723843880&sid=1

yay

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
border said:
Same here

/tar Angry Grimace
/cry

I'm still figuring out my technique -- 170g in repairs today :( Even with perfect execution you can still get fucked if the Necrolytes just feel like casting Shadowbolt a lot.

How many skeleton packs can you pull in a single run? As a DK I can only really get 3 -- the group that comes near the left hill, the dudes that stand on the right hill, and the dude that pats near the bottom of the right hill. Even that 3rd pat is a risk, because after killing the 3rd skeleton pack I have to run out and aggro the dude on the top of the right hill.....and you'd better be moving super fast with 2 warlocks charging up 10K Shadowbolts behind you.

I could probably do 4 groups if I killed the one pat, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra time.

You have to run outside because I can't kill the Necrolyte.

border

Angry Grimace said:

You have to run outside because I can't kill the Necrolyte.

6 packs? Holy crap.....I have no idea how you do it, because if you don't kill the Necrolyte you end up having to weave your way through several wandering mobs plus AoE packs. Not that it can't be done, but the margin for error is so small and you get fucked up the ass if you aggro anything. I can't believe you got all those epics out of it either -- the best thing I got was a Titanium Lockbox and all the gold and greens were probably not enough to even cover my repair bills.

And of course it turns out all our creative exploiting was a total waste :lol

## The Skeletal Slave in the Pit of Saron has had the ability to drop the Battered Hilt and other random drop epics removed.

J-Rzez

Xabora said:

So, dark death instead of disease, no reaping, and 5 into necrosis with nothing into mobidity? I'll have to give that a shot I guess. What if you put the points into morbidity and just two into necrosis since death coils are used pretty frequently? Wouldn't the increase in damage transfer over into the unholy blight ticks too? I may have to screw around and try it out. Or is necrosis going to win it out with those 3 extra points put into it?

EDIT: Just ran a sheet on it, Dark Death + 3 Morbidity + 2 necrosis netted a little dps gain. I'll have to try it out on a target dummy.

Yaweee

Angry Grimace said:
Maybe open some more Chamber of Aspects bosses

Oh, that too. I'm kind of surprised there's only been one so far. I guess it is going to be something like the Caverns of Time that sees use across many expansions.

EDIT:

I got my "epic" achievement already (hit 80 last Monday), though one of my trinkets is a 200 blue at the moment. Fully enchanted with an average item level right around 230, but probably not good enough for ICC 10. I guess I'm stuck doing daily heroics for Frost/Triumph Emblems and praying I get something good out of ToC25.

J-Rzez

Wow did they club that first fight in ICC into the ground. Only a matter of time before the rest (including the heroic modes which will fall the same way once people try them the first time) reach the same fate and the game becomes uninteresting again.

It's good to hear about another patch, but it better have some solid content because it sounds like the Xpac is off a long-ass ways.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
border said:
Same here

/tar Angry Grimace
/cry

I'm still figuring out my technique -- 170g in repairs today :( Even with perfect execution you can still get fucked if the Necrolytes just feel like casting Shadowbolt a lot.

How many skeleton packs can you pull in a single run? As a DK I can only really get 3 -- the group that comes near the left hill, the dudes that stand on the right hill, and the dude that pats near the bottom of the right hill. Even that 3rd pat is a risk, because after killing the 3rd skeleton pack I have to run out and aggro the dude on the top of the right hill.....and you'd better be moving super fast with 2 warlocks charging up 10K Shadowbolts behind you.

I could probably do 4 groups if I killed the one pat, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra time.

Based on feedback we’ve been provided by players, we’d like to make you aware of a couple of changes we are applying to Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Halls via in-game fixes. Firstly, we are increasing the drop rate of the Battered Hilt in all three wings of this Heroic five-player dungeon. We have seen a great deal of discussion about this item’s chance of dropping since the release of patch 3.3.0 and agree that it is currently too low. As a result, players should find greater accessibility to this item while running these dungeons, or while trading with other players who have it.

In light of this change, we are also removing the chance for the Battered Hilt or any other epic item to drop from the Skeletal Slaves in the Pit of Saron. The need to “farm” these creatures for the Battered Hilt should be reduced by our first in-game fix and will no longer result in a chance for epic loot or Battered Hilts.

You’re welcome to discuss these changes in this thread and provide us with any additional feedback you may have. Please refrain from creating additional threads about these in-game fixes at this time.

You can find a full list of recent in-game fixes here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=21723843880&sid=1

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
Wow did they club that first fight in ICC into the ground. Only a matter of time before the rest (including the heroic modes which will fall the same way once people try them the first time) reach the same fate and the game becomes uninteresting again.

It's good to hear about another patch, but it better have some solid content because it sounds like the Xpac is off a long-ass ways.
This.

It's a joke encounter now.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, Marrowgar was just out of whack for their 10-man progression chart. We went in there today and made it to Saurfang. Then our raid mixup wasn't very good for Saurfang with no slowers or kiters at all. Got him to about 10% though, so we'll go in there Thursday and knock him out on 10-man.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Eh, Marrowgar was just out of whack for their 10-man progression chart. We went in there today and made it to Saurfang. Then our raid mixup wasn't very good for Saurfang with no slowers or kiters at all. Got him to about 10% though, so we'll go in there Thursday and knock him out on 10-man.
I managed to rocket myself off the ship while playing with it :lol

Great item.

border

Angry Grimace said:
I ran 2 of the ICC 5-mans tonight -- still haven't even seen the Battered Hilt drop.

border

I know they are working on a Raid-Finding tool, but damn they really need to let people use to old LFG for raids until they do -- all I wanna do is complete the weekly raid quest, but I can't find a group unless I sit around in Dalaran reading chat. Can the LFG channel be accessed in the overworld? I've tried "/join LookingForGroup" but nothing seems to work.

Tamanon

Banned
border said:
I know they are working on a Raid-Finding tool, but damn they really need to let people use to old LFG for raids until they do -- all I wanna do is complete the weekly raid quest, but I can't find a group unless I sit around in Dalaran reading chat. Can the LFG channel be accessed in the overworld? I've tried "/join LookingForGroup" but nothing seems to work.

Um....the Raid Browser should have an option where you can check what raids you're interested in.

border

Tamanon said:
Um....the Raid Browser should have an option where you can check what raids you're interested in.
There's a browser already in the game.....am I missing something? LFG Tool only lets me select Random/Random Heroic/Specific.....and the Specific option only lets me specifiy 5-mans.

Tamanon

Banned
border said:
There's a browser already in the game.....am I missing something? LFG Tool only lets me select Random/Random Heroic/Specific.....and the Specific option only lets me specifiy 5-mans.

Hit O. Brings up the Raid Browser, one of the options is to queue for a raid. Your server only, but the system is so much better, you can even pick old raids.

lolcill.jpg

Finally! Got lucky and won it with a 76.

Also I was going to have a bitch about how bad people are at this game (people in T9 doing 3.5k dps getting carried through ToC25, etc.), but I really don't think you guys would care at all. I'll just keep it to myself.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Glad to hear the hilt droprate has been increased (didn't they just decrease it?) - I run the 5mans pretty much daily and have yet to see one drop at all.

It doesn't help that most tanks are snaking through PoS pulling the bare minimum of trash.

I'm expecting a patch to explain all the stuff leading up to Cataclysm. It would be weird to have everything change overnight or even in 1 month. The reinforcing of the walls of Orgrimmar, the vegetation in the flooded areas, and who knows what else will happen kind of needs to happen over time.

Orbitcube said:
lolcill.jpg

Also I was going to have a bitch about how bad people are at this game (people in T9 doing 3.5k dps getting carried through ToC25, etc.), but I really don't think you guys would care at all. I'll just keep it to myself.

They probably just don't give a shit anymore. I know my dps in ToC 25 was way down because I was semi-afk half the time

funkmastergeneral said:
They probably just don't give a shit anymore. I know my dps in ToC 25 was way down because I was semi-afk half the time

:lol :lol

Nice UI though! Mine is a fuckign state and im to lazy to fix it and for some poxy reason the tool tip keeps moving itself to the top of the screen everytime i log in/out :/

Xabora

Orbitcube said:
lolcill.jpg

:p
And I just got a pair of new 264 boots. :lol

J-Rzez said:
So, dark death instead of disease, no reaping, and 5 into necrosis with nothing into mobidity? I'll have to give that a shot I guess. What if you put the points into morbidity and just two into necrosis since death coils are used pretty frequently? Wouldn't the increase in damage transfer over into the unholy blight ticks too? I may have to screw around and try it out. Or is necrosis going to win it out with those 3 extra points put into it?

EDIT: Just ran a sheet on it, Dark Death + 3 Morbidity + 2 necrosis netted a little dps gain. I'll have to try it out on a target dummy.
Rotation is stupid simple and mind bogglingly boring.
PS - IT - BS - BS - SS - HoW - DC - (DC)
SS - (DC) - SS - BS - BS - DC - (DC)
Launch Gargoyle with a Haste Pot or when Heroism/Bloodlust is cast.
If your at range change [PS - IT] to [IT - PS].

DCs in () are only casted when you have RP.

Necrosis does a shitton of damage, skip morb because your weapon will be doing far more damage than DCs.

Angry Grimace said:
This.

It's a joke encounter now.
Its also a weekly raid encounter.

Flib

I've come back to the game to do ICC, and I guess I've permanently lost my raid slot (due to an influx of other hunters). I was previously the top dps and an officer in the guild, and I know the current officers and gm are torn up about it but my absence + the glut of hunters (who are now better geared than me) has kind of fucked me over.

I may quit the guild or faction/server change, but it sucks to possibly have to leave old raiding friends behind.

Really wish I had another alt (besides my dk), but all I have is a lvl 40 feral druid.

I am contemplating the same thing. I want a raiding guild but my realm is terrible. I also wouldn't mind switching to alliance. If people do end up transfering, we should try to get some gaffers on the same realm.

Angry Grimace

GDJustin said:
Glad to hear the hilt droprate has been increased (didn't they just decrease it?) - I run the 5mans pretty much daily and have yet to see one drop at all.

It doesn't help that most tanks are snaking through PoS pulling the bare minimum of trash.
I would pull more if people would not angry at me for doing it.

Xabora said:
:p
And I just got a pair of new 264 boots. :lol

Rotation is stupid simple and mind bogglingly boring.
PS - IT - BS - BS - SS - HoW - DC - (DC)
SS - (DC) - SS - BS - BS - DC - (DC)
Launch Gargoyle with a Haste Pot or when Heroism/Bloodlust is cast.
If your at range change [PS - IT] to [IT - PS].

DCs in () are only casted when you have RP.

Necrosis does a shitton of damage, skip morb because your weapon will be doing far more damage than DCs.

Its also a weekly raid encounter.

I think removing Marrowgar from the weekly raid encounter table would have been better than nerfing Marrowgar into dust. He was a tank gear check before, and now he's pretty much just Koralon with Web wrap ERRRR Bone Graveyard.

Angry Grimace

Weenerz said:
Started gearing and playing my old 80 DK, 4 piece tier 9 is pretty nice, even with it being nerfed.
It WAS pretty overpowered. It really should have been the T10 bonus and not the T9.

Angry Grimace

Transcription of the mail I got with my new Perky Pug:

"Dear Very Patient Individual,

We'd like to recognize your tenacity in running dungeons with people you probably haven't met before. Hopefully you even showed some rookies the ropes in your pick-up groups.

In short, we heard you like pugs. So here's a pug for your pug. So you can pug while you pug. Or something.

Hugs,
Your friends on the WoW Dev Team"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

xzibit.jpg

Xabora said:

I see you skipped Reaping as well. Is that common? I have a slightly similar Unholy build, but I have Reaping at the moment. Doesn't picking it up basically mean an extra Scourge strike every two rotations?

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, I forgot to mention last night, Gunship battle has to be one of the best boss battles Blizzard has created, if only for the bizarre ways people can die in addition to battle mechanics. I haven't seen so many weird deaths since Ragnaros and people getting stuck in the ceiling.:lol

vehn

my Pug IRL died a few weeks ago at the age of 2... now I"m going to be reminded of her every time I see one of those in game :(

Angry Grimace said:
Transcription of the mail I got with my new Perky Pug:

"Dear Very Patient Individual,

We'd like to recognize your tenacity in running dungeons with people you probably haven't met before. Hopefully you even showed some rookies the ropes in your pick-up groups.

In short, we heard you like pugs. So here's a pug for your pug. So you can pug while you pug. Or something.

Hugs,
Your friends on the WoW Dev Team"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Haha Awesome.

Flib said:
I've come back to the game to do ICC, and I guess I've permanently lost my raid slot (due to an influx of other hunters). I was previously the top dps and an officer in the guild, and I know the current officers and gm are torn up about it but my absence + the glut of hunters (who are now better geared than me) has kind of fucked me over.

I may quit the guild or faction/server change, but it sucks to possibly have to leave old raiding friends behind.

Really wish I had another alt (besides my dk), but all I have is a lvl 40 feral druid.

Same thing happened to me except I was the 2nd hunter.
Now theres so many guilds but I have no attachment to any of them and when I do look I just dont give a rats ass. I allready paid to Xfer to Argent Dawn (eu) I dont really fancy paying again, race change to Troll is one idea I guess :/

Angry Grimace

ToyMachine228 said:
I see you skipped Reaping as well. Is that common? I have a slightly similar Unholy build, but I have Reaping at the moment. Doesn't picking it up basically mean an extra Scourge strike every two rotations?
The core idea here is that nerfed Scourge Strike isn't good enough to justify the points in Reaping over the points in Necrosis. It's not that Reaping doesn't give you more DPS, because it does, but that Reaping gives you less DPS than Necrosis does, because the DPS from two Blood Strikes instead of a Scourge Strike isn't necessarily that much lower.

In short, it's the same reason we skipped Reaping in 3.2; because Scourge Strike doesn't do enough damage to justify spamming it. This isn't to say Unholy doesn't do lots of damage, it's just that it's damage is no longer necessarily any higher than it was in 3.2.

Wrekt

I did the skellie farming in PoS this morning before I heard about the nerf. No epics obviously but I did get 12 greens in under 30 minutes. Not a bad place to go when I'm running low on enchanting mats.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading now, gonna use my free 7 days. Looking forward to it.
Last time I played I got up to 41, I think I have a ton of quests open in STV.. hope I can finish them.

Angry Grimace

Wrekt said:
I did the skellie farming in PoS this morning before I heard about the nerf. No epics obviously but I did get 12 greens in under 30 minutes. Not a bad place to go when I'm running low on enchanting mats.
I got hundreds and hundreds of Greens and 5-7 Abyss Crystals doing it. It's still pretty slow. Just randoming dungeons (if you can tank of course, making your job much faster) gets you quite a bit more, plus you don't actually need enchanting to do so.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Nice, at the end of the second boss my ISP decides to crit me for 20k latency. No token this week. And I was lined up for it and everything, in case it dropped. :p

Angry Grimace

10m impressions:

Lord Marrowgar:

LOLworthy easy after the nerf. He hit quite hard which made freeing healers imperative and brutal if our Holy Pally got spiked. Now it's pretty much, as I said before, Koralon with Web Wrap.

Lady Deathwhisper:

This encounter looks cool on 25m. It is not cool on 10m. We two shotted this with only a vague idea of what she does because everything is extremely predictable on 10m mode, and the DPS requirements to beat her enrage are so soft it's not even funny. The fact is, my guild isn't very good, and I usually top the charts by literally a 1000 or so, and we steamrolled this. There's no mind control in 10m either so you basically don't have to do anything beyond hit things and not stand in the Death and Decay.

Airship Battle:

Didn't finish this, so impression coming later. The reason we didn't finish had less to do with hard, and more to do with, our mage apparently has something that sounded over vent like Ebola, and our offtank is her husband, so we didn't continue. On the first attempt, I never got hit by those missiles while defending the Skybreaker, so I assumed they were just graphical until I took a rocket strike to the face. :lol

Trash:

As for the Marrowgar trash problem I was talking about last week, it's just a fluke that happens if you manage to trip BOTH Spirit Traps before downing either of the front two mob groups, which actually is a very unlikely scenario. The only issue with this is that the traps seem to be randomly generated and if they both end up in the front of the room, you can get screwed because it's very difficult to down both of those Skeleton guys AND a pack of Undead Mage dudes at the same time with only two tanks.

Fularu said:
Are you on Mal'Ganis by any chance? :p Had a wonderfull 700 queue yesterday night :p

Nah Argent Dawn (EU) never had them before but thankfully its only been about 100 people!

Joined a 10man Toc as I never did finish it, cant remember any strats other than get out of the way of the yeti :lol

Quick question. Is there anyway for me to press a button or something and it will go /2 and then link my jewelcrafting or a prewritten message.
I say this because every 2 seconds people say "looking for a jc" and im way to lazy to keep linking it

Angry Grimace

Fularu said:
Are you on Mal'Ganis by any chance? :p Had a wonderfull 700 queue yesterday night :p
Ah, the Good Squad server. :lol

Mal'Ganis is that launch server filled with freakishly good players, as I recall, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom